Celtics vs Knicks Pre Season Game Thread 10/21

Which guard should be left out of the rotation?

• Chris Duhon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mardy Collins

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Nate Robinson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stephon Marbury

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Jamal Crawford

Votes: 11 68.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pricey

Rotation player
wasnt sayin it to you

relax

who's sensitive now?!

shouldve used quotes, my badd

rahrahrah
so you were saying it to me?
How was i on Marbury's nuts? all i said was there are more things to take into affect like players not making there shots.
Your the one that said "its just defeating to see him not take the role he should in our offense...its like he insists on playing his way or no way on a whim"
How can u make that statement when u even said u didnt watch the game?
If anything it looks like Marburys is passing more then shooting, isnt this what a PG does?

No need to get into a argument over this, The team is looking alot better this preseason

JayJ44

Starter
whats the news on Chandler i know it didnt look like anything serious they clarly took precautionary procedures with em but im just interested.....he should play some minutes on friday

He jumped and landed on someone's foot. Same thing happened to Deron Williams last week. At the very most, he might sit out the game on Friday.

jzero29

Rotation player
which guard should be left out

just one, I'd say collins and crawford, but that won't happen so duhon and collins or duhon and crawford

so you were saying it to me?
How was i on Marbury's nuts? all i said was there are more things to take into affect like players not making there shots.
Your the one that said "its just defeating to see him not take the role he should in our offense...its like he insists on playing his way or no way on a whim"
How can u make that statement when u even said u didnt watch the game?
If anything it looks like Marburys is passing more then shooting, isnt this what a PG does?

No need to get into a argument over this, The team is looking alot better this preseason

i agree he should pass more than shoot, im just sayin its up to the guards to find open players in the right position, just as much as its those players roles to find their positions and help each other get open. why does malik rose even receive the ball above the 3 point line? especially if he's going to take not just one shot, but 3-4? its just bad decision making, the same problem we had last year

and i admitted i hadnt seen the game or the highlights, and said it seemed from the stats, thats what was going on..but i have seen more than enough games over the past 2-3 years to see the stats were very comparable to previous seasons. fact, we went from 25 assists to ...i dont even want to know how many tonight, and most of those came in the last 4 minutes or so.

agreed, no need for arguments, just expressing that everyone on the team is involved for their failures weather it be tonights game, or last season or the season before. im just tired of players getting passes like they arent part of the mess (from star's to craw to nate..they all have their flaws, some just hurt our situation more than others at times) certain guys need to learn their roles and not play out of them...their starting to break mold a little and its too close to opening day for all that mess, hopefully dantoni runs them hard on defensive drills and ball movement before the season.

we are still in MUCH better shape than previous years, so im still a happy knicks fan..i still think nearly every day about the pink slip delivered to the steps of MSG, i dont know why, but the image itself kills me...so atleast we can look back and laugh at this point.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Boston Celtics 16 man roster are playing Chemistry B-Ball with offensive lineups and defensive lineups. Its strange to see how well these lineups are condition to perform well together, the thought that coach Doc Rivers has graduated to this level of Pro Ball will be amazing this season.
Boston will be playing organized postseason B-Ball in the regular season with all 12 players.
So do not look for a Knick Win tonight vs the Celtics this team is organized in just 6 preseason games. They are looking for blowouts and lowering their oponents scoring.

I think its time for Dantoni to make the quick change of letting the 2nd Unit start and the 1st Unit come off the bench to experiment with Boston.

2nd unit: Nate, Marbury, Chandler, Malik (No Shooting), and Curry.
1st unit: Duhorn, Crawful, Q.Rich, Zach, and Lee.

I dont know if anyone notice in last night game or in the Nets vs Celtics game, but Boston has the deepest depth chart off the bench than all the teams in the league. Denver is 2nd, and New Orleans is 3rd.
The system-plan inwhich all 3 of these teams are playing to their bench players has been improving each game to make the team excell.

The Knicks shot 4-31 three's in this game. That is a sure sign of undevelope frustration. It would've been understandable if the 24 second shot clock was down to 4 or 2 seconds left. No body is going to defend a player standing on the three point line especially if the players are Zach, Lee, Q.Rich, Malik, and Crawful who totaled 16 shots from the 3-point line.

The Knicks last two games their PG beat all his teammates up the court there was no teammates running on either side of the PG wings to pass to.
What happen to the uptempo run n gun system?
It look like the Knicks fell back into their halfcourt offense attack from last season in their last two games. However, the Nets & Celtics are running teams.... I just thought that coach Dantoni would have come up with an uptempo plan on how to beat both teams back before they could set up their defense.

Mardy Collins defensive performance has always been better than Crawful offensive performance from college to the NBA.
Eddie House should've been arguing with Crawful they both have the same roles on their team.

portega1968

El Cacique
well, defense is not the only weakness on this team... it seems with all the running, no legs are left under the the 3ptshot on the second night of a back2back. this should improve as their conditioning improves during the season.

at least we know Duhon can do a pretty good imitation of the NBA logo... but he aint no Jerry West, jajajajaja!!!

The bright side of last night's loss should be that these guys never underestimate the competition.

Let's pray for Chandler's knee.

Attachments

• duhon nba logo.jpg
    duhon nba logo.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 7

Paul1355

All Star
Chandler!

He better be okay when the season comes around. He is one of the few shining stars on this team. And Q Rich CAN NOT take his minutes from him. Crawford and Q Rich should play good minutes OFF THE BENCH.

Nate
Marbury
Chandler
Lee
Randolph

jimkcchief88

All Star
Did I see that right 4-31 from three??? Wow, at what point do you stop hoisting it up??? This is excactly what I was afraid of when we hired D'antoni. Run and gun turns into just throwing the ball up towards the rim and trying to out point teams. The 3 point shot is the lowest percentage shot in the game and we shoot 4-31??? Thats just wrong. As much as no one will admit it we will need an inside presence (Eddy Curry) to make this thing go. If you don't work inside out to collapse the defense then teams will just guard the 3 point line. I know its just pre-season but 4-31 from three is a disturbing trend.

this is mostly what i was getting at, but it seemed like i was blaming marbury

they stopped moving...when i see malik rose taking threes, i KNOW somethings wrong, i dont have to be watching the game to figure it out. like i said, hopefully malik wont be getting those minutes if he keeps making those decisions. dare i say,crawford woulda had a better shot hitting those. (dumdumtssh)

anyways, im sure their getting an earful and watching plenty of video, atleast we can go about our daily's knowing that lol