Idiots on ESPN analyze the Knicks

It's to be expected. We did suck badly the last two years. That said, it's clear they underestimate the talent on the team. Which is good. Just means we can probably sneak up on teams as well who probably agree with them.

It's imperative we get off to a good start. We have the talent. And the fact everyone thinks we suck should be further motivation.

It's to be expected. We did suck badly the last two years. That said, it's clear they underestimate the talent on the team. Which is good. Just means we can probably sneak up on teams as well who probably agree with them.

It's imperative we get off to a good start. We have the talent. And the fact everyone thinks we suck should be further motivation.

Co-sign 100%!

And it should be that much sweeter for the players on this Knicks team and us as Knicks fans to see em shove all those words down these so called expert analysis throats. Dantoni should show the whole team all these predictions before our first reg season game for motivation.

KBlack25

Starter

The point is, if they were really experts they'd take some time to watch some preseason. Honestly if someone like ESPN paid me to analyze bball, I would gladly sit and watch every single preseason game. It's obvious all they have done is looked at the roster from last year, how they performed, looked at who the Knicks added (and it wasn't much) and did their analysis on that...which is stupid. At least give a team that's making strides a fair shake...

JayJ44

Starter
It's obvious none of these guys saw any of the games. They're calling Jamal a sleeper and Lee a bust, at least look at the box scores!

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
we are so going to prove these dudes wrong....we may most likely finish 4th in the atlantic only cause we got three other contenders in the divison...and we'll win at least 37 games this year we're a decent team that will be spoilers down the stretch if were not contending for a playoff spot... but 13th or 14th come on! i know for a fact were better than the nets, bucks, bulls, pacers, bobcats just to name a few so they clearly didnt watch the games and they call themselevs experts....watch us turn heads this season behind Chandler

Paul1355

All Star
we are so going to prove these dudes wrong....we may most likely finish 4th in the atlantic only cause we got three other contenders in the divison...and we'll win at least 37 games this year we're a decent team that will be spoilers down the stretch if were not contending for a playoff spot... but 13th or 14th come on! i know for a fact were better than the nets, bucks, bulls, pacers, bobcats just to name a few so they clearly didnt watch the games and they call themselevs experts....watch us turn heads this season behind Chandler

i like the optimism DatPRINCE. We will prove all the Knick haters wrong.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I agree completely that a good start is crucial to the entirety of the seasons success.... I think I can realistically give the opinion that the Knicks can win 18 of their first 30 games. New Jersey, Chicago, Oklahoma, Sac, Min, Milwaukee and even the Cavs should be games that result in victories. I also believe that if Eddy Curry can return to form and be effective in the new system, that would result in some real positives for the Knicks and for his potential future trade. Same with Z Bo. He is painfully aware I`m sure that if he doesn`t produce throughout the completion of his contract, that his potential of being re-overpayed in the future takes a nose dive into a giant turd. Lookout for N8 this year too. He is obsessed with recognition it`s clear and if that desire can be co-aligned with team mates and with wins then that becomes tasty bait for the free agents whose names we all know to immigrate to the mecha and garner that banner we`re all burning for.
To refer to David Lee as a bust is moronic. Those lady boys are slagging him purely for the sake of outdoing one another in slandering the Knicks and it`s a flagrant dis on a champ with the best mentality on our team.

Here`s to Willy Chandler too.
Potentially a cornerstone for the not so distant future and it`s booming potential.

jzero29

Rotation player
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-NewYorkPreview0809

Most have them finishing last or second to last in the Atlantic and either last or second to last in the East. I wish one of these people would watch a preseason game.

I wish ESPN would get people that did their job and watched basketball...
okay did you watch the preseason? Exactly what makes you think they are better then last in the atlantic div? because they won 3 preseason games? Granted I think they will do better then last year. at the same time, i can't fault anyone for betting against them. The KNICKS BLOW, until they prove otherwise. They haven't been consistent. lets see... Duhon has had one impressive game this preseason and has been avg to bad the others, crawford without his 18 shots and ball control has been a none factor. malik rose, non factor. Q-rich, non factor.Curry, non factor. Mardy collins, non factor. Ewing, Grunfeld,J. james, jared jefferies,A. roberson, Allan Houston all non factors. Gallinari hasn't played and has steph done anything to prove he's back to his old self? Robinson has been okay, his usual inconsistent self. SO far lee(C,FWD) randolph(C,FWD) and chandler(FWD) have been good, thats it and they all play same positions. And lee and randolph both aren't true centers.
We have 200 guards and non of them have consistently show anything.

KBlack25

Starter
okay did you watch the preseason? Exactly what makes you think they are better then last in the atlantic div? because they won 3 preseason games? Granted I think they will do better then last year. at the same time, i can't fault anyone for betting against them. The KNICKS BLOW, until they prove otherwise. They haven't been consistent. lets see... Duhon has had one impressive game this preseason and has been avg to bad the others, crawford without his 18 shots and ball control has been a none factor. malik rose, non factor. Q-rich, non factor.Curry, non factor. Mardy collins, non factor. Ewing, Grunfeld,J. james, jared jefferies,A. roberson, Allan Houston all non factors. Gallinari hasn't played and has steph done anything to prove he's back to his old self? Robinson has been okay, his usual inconsistent self. SO far lee(C,FWD) randolph(C,FWD) and chandler(FWD) have been good, thats it and they all play same positions. And lee and randolph both aren't true centers.
We have 200 guards and non of them have consistently show anything.

As a matter of fact, you two bit moron, I have watched the preseason game. The fact that these guys have no idea what is going on can be summed up very quickly in their fantasy "analysis". Crawford has looked absolutely horrendous in preseason, yet he's a sleeper. As you said, Lee looked good in preseason, and he's their "bust". You say Ewing, Grunfeld, James, Jefferies, Roberson and Houston are all non-factors. 2 of those guys are getting cut, to make room for 15. That leaves us with 11 guys NOT in your "non-factor" list, which is more than most rotations in the NBA. Don't criticize me and my opinions when yours are illogical and unfounded.

Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

Kiyaman

Legend
When it comes to the Knicks
You expect the worst
and be happy if some good wins come out the deal.

The offseason did not go so well for this team.
And its showing in the preseason vs 3rd string lineups.

Both of the Brook brothers showed they were headed for long decent NBA careers while in college. And we select soft injury prone Gallinari (who maybe forced to play in the last preseason game after Chandler injury vs Boston).

We already have soft defenseless Curry & Zach on the team with a 3 year injured Jerome James. And not to mention soft defensive player Jared Jefferies 3 rebounds a game.

I guess we will start our rebuilding (Players) process when the 2008-9 regular season begin, when Dantoni & Walsh find out what Knick fans knew 2 years ago about the Knick roster.

When it comes to the Knicks
You expect the worst
and be happy if some good wins come out the deal.

The offseason did not go so well for this team.
And its showing in the preseason vs 3rd string lineups.

Both of the Brook brothers showed they were headed for long decent NBA careers while in college. And we select soft injury prone Gallinari (who maybe forced to play in the last preseason game after Chandler injury vs Boston).

We already have soft defenseless Curry & Zach on the team with a 3 year injured Jerome James. And not to mention soft defensive player Jared Jefferies 3 rebounds a game.

I guess we will start our rebuilding (Players) process when the 2008-9 regular season begin, when Dantoni & Walsh find out what Knick fans knew 2 years ago about the Knick roster.

It should not be about who we didn't pick, but about who we have. In this offense, with his skills Gallinari will be the better fit than either Brooks brother. Let's give him a season or two before we doom him. He is 20 years old after all.

jimkcchief88

All Star
What did the Knicks do in the offseason warrent anything but about the same wins as last year??? Nothing. It doesn't help to have high draft picks if you waste them. Drafting your buddy's son in the first round is a wasted pick. So essentially you march the same team out there as you did last year with a new coach that doesn't even have players to fit his system. We will be lucky to win as many games this year as last year.

richtree

Rotation player
I agree most of the media type don't even care about the ny knicks right now...

some like kenny smith , barkely, and even greg anthony some do watch every player on every team....

but there is lack of people that have great bball 'eyes" that write and watch the nba....its just old sportswriters pushing their writing and not the details that true fans have or want...

Peter Vesey tries,, at least he will takes chances when he writes....

but the NBA is more about Kobe's tights -- than the journey of players like Malik Rose, and Deke --

I am thinking of writing my own blog daily, a newspaper type blog for real sports fans....

this post is dedicated to the NBA fan that enjoys watching Mardy Collins in the preseason against Bobby Simmons

cheers

KBlack25

Starter
What did the Knicks do in the offseason warrent anything but about the same wins as last year??? Nothing. It doesn't help to have high draft picks if you waste them. Drafting your buddy's son in the first round is a wasted pick. So essentially you march the same team out there as you did last year with a new coach that doesn't even have players to fit his system. We will be lucky to win as many games this year as last year.

New coach
New president
New system
New attitude.

Kiyaman

Legend
It should not be about who we didn't pick, but about who we have. In this offense, with his skills Gallinari will be the better fit than either Brooks brother. Let's give him a season or two before we doom him. He is 20 years old after all.

I'm responding to all the ESPN writers and announcer's that says the Knicks will be the 4th or 5th best team in their division and 13th or 14th best team in the eastern conference this season.
Now tell me why they all think like that?
Is it because of who we have?
It sure would have been nice to select a draft pick that could've added a couple of wins this season rather than a season or two from now.

Kiyaman

Legend
New coach
New president
New system
New attitude.

Boston used to be the 6th worst team in the league 2 and 3 years ago.
They still have the same stupid Presdent Danny Ainge.
And the same decent coach with the same attitude & system.
How come they won a Championship lastseason???