Duhon is a very slow PG...needs to be limited in minutes.

metrocard

Legend
He isn't FAST with the basketball at all, or quick or deceiving with changing speeds.

This is a big concern because there is no flow with quick and agile athletes like Lee, Chandler, Robinson and Marbury.

I can't wait till Gallinari comes back. Gallinari is the point forward we NEED in this offense, especially in the half court.
-Look at how effective Boris Diaw was in Phoneix's offense. He actually ran the offense from center similar to Sabonis, Divas and Piculin Ortiz...same famous passing centers.

Gallinari is Boris Diaw with range and ability to score and get a lot of steals. He's an average rebounder like Diaw with great court awareness and has excellent cohesion with whoever he plays. Gallinari also has that killer instinct to take over and knows when his scoring is needed. Very unselfish player at the same time.
I guess you could compare Gallinari to Hedo Turk, 6"10 SF that can rebound at an average rate while average 4 assist and 20 PPG off of penetration and long range jump shots. Thats perfect for this offense.

Duhon looks limited in setting up the offense, Marbury is more efficient with his penetration alone.

Penetration is HUGE, look at what Steve Nash penetration did for Phoneix, Nash always kept his dribble and created.

Duhon doesn't have the handles and isn't skilled to keep his dribble and try to create, he's just a spot up shooter on offense, who isn't even that good of a shooter. His passing and creating is really average for a PG of today's time.

Doo Doo would be good off the bench as a defensive stopper...but we already had that with Mardy Collins.

I honestly still see Duhon as a waste of a signing because he will not be apart of the future...

Anyway, anyone in favor of Marbury starting at PG over Duhon...put my sig in your sig...begin a movement.

Marbury
Robinson
Gallinari
Chandler
Lee

But for now...

Marbury
Robinson
Chandler
Lee
Randolph

Which isn't bad because, I see all guys on that line up average 15 + points in this offense.

richtree

Rotation player
he is no way like Diaw...

he has no back to basket moves...

he isn't that strong yet...

he is a shooter....

he will be slower than duhon....

his potential is great but right now he is a spot up shooter that can rebound alil from the 3 spot

metrocard

Legend
he is no way like Diaw...

he has no back to basket moves...

he isn't that strong yet...

he is a shooter....

he will be slower than duhon....

his potential is great but right now he is a spot up shooter that can rebound alil from the 3 spot

Do you know what a point forward?
Diaw is a PointF, Gallinari is a PointF.
They play Euro style BBall.
They are similar.

Diaw isn't even that strong.

Gallinari has post moves...re-watch his games in Euroleague.

Marbury
Robinson
Gallinari
Chandler
Lee

>>>

Duhon
Robinson
Marbury
Chandler
Lee

Gallinari is a spot up shooter? You must be a new kind of fool.

Gallinari got most of his points in Euro from driving to the basket, same with Summerleague(Gallinari isn't afraid of contact and is very crafty, skilled, and experienced driving to the basket).

You got Gallinari 100% wrong, you failed.

He isn't FAST with the basketball at all, or quick or deceiving with changing speeds.

This is a big concern because there is no flow with quick and agile athletes like Lee, Chandler, Robinson and Marbury.

I can't wait till Gallinari comes back. Gallinari is the point forward we NEED in this offense, especially in the half court.
-Look at how effective Boris Diaw was in Phoneix's offense. He actually ran the offense from center similar to Sabonis, Divas and Piculin Ortiz...same famous passing centers.

Gallinari is Boris Diaw with range and ability to score and get a lot of steals. He's an average rebounder like Diaw with great court awareness and has excellent cohesion with whoever he plays. Gallinari also has that killer instinct to take over and knows when his scoring is needed. Very unselfish player at the same time.
I guess you could compare Gallinari to Hedo Turk, 6"10 SF that can rebound at an average rate while average 4 assist and 20 PPG off of penetration and long range jump shots. Thats perfect for this offense.

Duhon looks limited in setting up the offense, Marbury is more efficient with his penetration alone.

Penetration is HUGE, look at what Steve Nash penetration did for Phoneix, Nash always kept his dribble and created.

Duhon doesn't have the handles and isn't skilled to keep his dribble and try to create, he's just a spot up shooter on offense, who isn't even that good of a shooter. His passing and creating is really average for a PG of today's time.

Doo Doo would be good off the bench as a defensive stopper...but we already had that with Mardy Collins.

I honestly still see Duhon as a waste of a signing because he will not be apart of the future...

Anyway, anyone in favor of Marbury starting at PG over Duhon...put my sig in your sig...begin a movement.

Marbury
Robinson
Gallinari
Chandler
Lee

But for now...

Marbury
Robinson
Chandler
Lee
Randolph

Which isn't bad because, I see all guys on that line up average 15 + points in this offense.

I'd have to agree. I think D'antoni is cutting off his nose to spite his face with this one. Clearly Marbury is the best player on the team to run the show. But he is commited to this move. He does not trust anyone on this team enough to let them run wild like he did with Nash. Right now, Duhon is a glorified Charlie Ward. He has not shown the ability to penetrate and create. But really, he does not have to too much. The shots are still there... we just have to knock em down.

Here's to hoping Duhon gets better. Because D'antoni is going to live and die with his prized pet.

what's really killing us is lack of production from Crawful. He just has to play better. I mean he really looks like a straight up bum. I'm more worried about why he looks lost than Duhon. Duhon just may not be cut out for it. But Crawful she surely be a lot better than he has shown.

Preseason though.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
duhon is doing just fine, the offense is doing real good, averagin 110 points a game so far, duhon is not the most talented but he's definately gettin the job done, 1 thing i like about duhon is that he helps on da boards

Akamu

The King
Co-sign @ Metrocard

He doesn't break down the defensive much, and looks hesitant to so he jus passes the ball...to Marbury.

When you see Chris Duhon and Starbury on the court, Starbury will create opportunities and penatrate to get to the basket and either make it or get to the line.

Even Mardy Hardy Collins did a better job then Duhon at penatrating. Mardy Collins tries HARD to get to the basket or make something happen.

Duhon does alright "sometimes" but we need more then that and I agree I CAN'T see him as our future point guard with other point guards out there that could dominate him. I agree he is a waste of a contract because Marbury, Collins, or even Nate could have taken the PG role.

richtree

Rotation player
Firstly, a point forward is when teams play slower offenses like pippen did in the Triangle....

Diaw was no point forward-- I have watch all of the Euro Highlights , he may like contact with Skinny Europeans but it is different over here ...

Ask Marco Bellini who looks like a wizard in the summer league til the big boys shut him down --

"You got Gallinari 100% wrong, you failed."

you have him pegged as a slasher that is gonna be dunking and dishing...

no shot....he will be shooting and rebounding ...especially with our guard play he will end up in the corner dropping 3 balls and one dripple 16 footers....

potential he can do more....but not year 1 or year 2 ....

he might not even start at the University of North Carolina if he went there
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

duhon is doing just fine

Fine is strong. He certainly needs more work. He needs to know when to look for his own offense more. Sometimes he just shuts himself down. If he penetrated more, I'd have no issue with his game. He is a basic though. So maybe he does not have it in him.

richtree

Rotation player
I agree on the Duhon facts MetroMan

Just to show I am not fighting for the sake of fighting !!!! lol

I want to see more Mardy Collins in games but Duhon does have a role...

(besides making Steph look even better now, lol)

cheers to real knicks fans like me and metro card

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i actually think Duhon should be the point gaurd of this team he plays hard effecient basketball and can knockdown shots when he takes them...duhon's career average of assists-turnovers are 4.5 to 1.3 and marbury is 7 or 3.5about the same considering that Marbury has had the ball in his hands more and Duhon didnt start but Duhon is a pass first point thats something we need in this offense someone who looks for others and has us playing as a unit Marbury is a score first pass second pg he'll be better as a 2 so Duhon gets him in position to knockdown the open shot....so i want our line-up to be:
Duhon
Marbury
Chandler
Randolph
Lee

bench
Nate
Crawford
Q-Rich
Gallo(when healthy)
Rose

i know undersized starting lineup but we'll be better off with this lineup they play better 2gether from what i saw in the preseason and gives us scoring off the bench in Nate and Crawford

JayJ44

Starter
I completely agree with your analysis of Danilo, Metro. I'm really looking forward to his return. SPeaking of which, he's finally been cleared to play: http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/ny-spknix225893425oct22,0,3412613.story?track=rss

Marbury is obviously the better player, and I think is more suited to run the offense. But it seems like he performs very well off the bench too. And if we keep starting Duhon, then maybe his confidence will grow and he will play better. I think the best thing to do is to start Duhon, but give Marbury more minutes.

i know no one will agree with me on this and you will all rip my opinion to shreds but that doesnt bother me....
duhon may be slower and not as electrifying as nate or marbury but guess what hes a point guard....
he is what the knicks need....
so far this preseason he has been getting around 10 points a game while getting around 4 or 5 rebs and 6 or 7 assists
nate is quick gets points and steals and marbury is yes some think he is amazing... i personally think he is part of the old knicks and with players like lee and chandler and gallo you need a guy that wont demand the spot like marbury and has no problem with a pass first offense....
i think you all misunderstand duhon... he isnt going to be a super star but can be solid in many different categories and give everyone there touches

personally i like the lineup

duhon...nate
crawford...steph
chandler...q rich
lee... gallo
randolph...curry

duhon is not a star pg but will give chandler his shots will keep crawford from trying to do too much and will provide a stable personality that possibly could keep things from falling apart...

marbury is talented i will never argue that possibly the biggest talent on our team but he doesnt mesh anymore and could quite possibly hold back our younger players

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I also agree with metros analysis of danilo and his entire post

Big Cock = Turkoglu with more swag

I think he'll be even better then Turkoglu

Duhon really aint that fast, i also picked up on that. Hes got good hands (no homo) on defense, but so does mardy collins. Marbury has better hands (no homo) then both of them. We really didnt need to sign duhorn.

I will say this though, every guard on this team is better then crawford.

Nate R, Duhorn, Starbury, and even Mardy Collins....

Crawmurked lost

*edit*

I will change my sig for the start of the season, but for now i gotta keep this one. I gotta pay homage to one of the all time greats, who at age 43 officially made kelly pavlik his son. Pavlik is 17 years younger then hopkins...

i personally think he is part of the old knicks and with players like lee and chandler

Every Knick on the Roster save Roberson, Gallo, Duhon, EJ and Grunfeld are part of the old Knicks too. D you have as much problem with them?

i think you all misunderstand duhon... he isnt going to be a super star but can be solid in many different categories and give everyone there touches
Trust me my friend, this is not a revelation. Everyone on this site thinks this same thing you do. No one misunderstands that talent wise he is not as good as Steph, or quite frankly, maybe none of the g's cept maybe Collins. I guess this is why it seems pretty silly to most that Duhon is somehow starting over more talented players.

D'antoni's whole theme was based on him not prejudging the players. Well he basically already did that when he decided Duhon had to be brought in here because of preconcieved notion, that no one on the roster would be able to distribute. Steph has played better in less time. Let's just be honest.

But that being said, Duhon can run the system. He just needs imo to make things happen a bit more on his own. And in time, that may become easy for him. Or not. Hope so though. We need it.

marbury is talented i will never argue that possibly the biggest talent on our team but he doesnt mesh anymore and could quite possibly hold back our younger players

What tells you this? Can't be the preseason games, which is all we've had to go on. Because Steph looks very capable. He and Nate have been our best g's.

Akamu

The King
i know no one will agree with me on this and you will all rip my opinion to shreds but that doesnt bother me....
duhon may be slower and not as electrifying as nate or marbury but guess what hes a point guard....
he is what the knicks need....
so far this preseason he has been getting around 10 points a game while getting around 4 or 5 rebs and 6 or 7 assists
nate is quick gets points and steals and marbury is yes some think he is amazing... i personally think he is part of the old knicks and with players like lee and chandler and gallo you need a guy that wont demand the spot like marbury and has no problem with a pass first offense....

personally i like the lineup

duhon...nate
crawford...steph
chandler...q rich
lee... gallo
randolph...curry

duhon is not a star pg but will give chandler his shots will keep crawford from trying to do too much and will provide a stable personality that possibly could keep things from falling apart...

Starbury could help Chandler excel in his game much better, players know who Starbury is and will double even triple team him because he is well-known to slash to the basket thus creating looks for other players....

Chris Duhon on the other hand ...who is this? Lol he's done some mild slashing but is not gonna be near the caliber of Starbury.

Also if you noticed Crawfords play, he has been passing the ball a lot more then he has too.

He's trying TOO hard sometimes to be like a team player and now he is thrown off on what to do most of the time. He will get a wide open look and just pass because he doesn't trust his shot or he doesn't think he's doing the right thing by shooting which I wouldn't blame him because his chuck shot is not something you can rely on anyhow.

D Antoni' wants Jamal to be more aggresive, not taking wide open shots or even attemping to drive and create is not helping. At least be some sort of an offensive threat and try to overshadow your lack of defense damnit.

He's being exposed like I said, I'm not saying he's totally useless but he had imaginary numbers last year due to longevity on the court and ownership of the basketball.

I can admit that he made some decent passes but he still needs to adjust himself or be left on the bench, whichever he happens is fine as long as he's not starting.

D Antoni' has not been liking his game and should make us fans happy and let him just come off the bench.

Last edited:
with d'antoni's offense, its been said its not completely about speed and more about how one can pick up their speed and make the right decisions at the right time, i think duhon looks deceivingly slow. he doesnt move quick all the time, but he's always got a spot to go to and gets there. he can also turn the corner, which is pretty important to me in terms of guard handling and all that nohomo

annnd can't wait to see galo in action

metrocard

Legend
Firstly, a point forward is when teams play slower offenses like pippen did in the Triangle....

Diaw was no point forward-- I have watch all of the Euro Highlights , he may like contact with Skinny Europeans but it is different over here ...

Ask Marco Bellini who looks like a wizard in the summer league til the big boys shut him down --

"You got Gallinari 100% wrong, you failed."

you have him pegged as a slasher that is gonna be dunking and dishing...

no shot....he will be shooting and rebounding ...especially with our guard play he will end up in the corner dropping 3 balls and one dripple 16 footers....

potential he can do more....but not year 1 or year 2 ....

he might not even start at the University of North Carolina if he went there
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Euroleague > NCAA

Wrong again brother.

Danilo is a DRIVER to the basket, he doesn't settle for jumpshots. You've obviously been watching the wrong Euro.

Nate always gets blocked going to the basket.
Duhon is one of the slowest PG's in the NBA..He's just a young Eric Snow.
Crawford fears contact like no other.
Collins isn't that talented or skilled to be consider a slashing threat.

We have one of the best slashers in the NBA who doesn't slash enough in Marbury, other that; your assessment isn't clear on Danilo won't have a chance to get to the basket.

Chandler, Marbury, and Gallinari will be the best on this team on terms of getting from the perimeter to the paint with efficiency.

Marco Belleni still had big games in the NBA if you did your research. Right now he's young, Warriors are still high on him. Why doubt such a talented prospect who may blossom into a very excellent offensive player? Warriors are a deep team to his defense, it was never about the "big boys".

Hedo Turk is a point forward and Orlando Magic have the best offense in the East.
How does that correlate to your theory that only point forwards play in SLOW offense?

It doesn't.
Your theory is false.

Diaw and Turk are some one of the most well known point forwards in the NBA.

As well Lamar Odom who plays on the Lakers, another good offense. Pierce can be consider one too since he's a forward who can handle point guard duties.

Paul1355

All Star
Euroleague > NCAA

Wrong again brother.

Danilo is a DRIVER to the basket, he doesn't settle for jumpshots. You've obviously been watching the wrong Euro.

Nate always gets blocked going to the basket.
Duhon is one of the slowest PG's in the NBA..He's just a young Eric Snow.
Crawford fears contact like no other.
Collins isn't that talented or skilled to be consider a slashing threat.

We have one of the best slashers in the NBA who doesn't slash enough in Marbury, other that; your assessment isn't clear on Danilo won't have a chance to get to the basket.

Chandler, Marbury, and Gallinari will be the best on this team on terms of getting from the perimeter to the paint with efficiency.

Marco Belleni still had big games in the NBA if you did your research. Right now he's young, Warriors are still high on him. Why doubt such a talented prospect who may blossom into a very excellent offensive player? Warriors are a deep team to his defense, it was never about the "big boys".

Hedo Turk is a point forward and Orlando Magic have the best offense in the East.
How does that correlate to your theory that only point forwards play in SLOW offense?

It doesn't.
Your theory is false.

Diaw and Turk are some one of the most well known point forwards in the NBA.

As well Lamar Odom who plays on the Lakers, another good offense. Pierce can be consider one too since he's a forward who can handle point guard duties.

Even I can agree with you this time Metro on some points. Gallo is a driver but Mike D and Donnie Walsh said that what stood out the most from his was his shooting ability. So he should have a good outside shot when he returns. Duhon is not the offensive threat Marbury is and never will be. Duhon is on this team for Defense and a pass-first mentallity that we are lacking. His mentality is the same as Mike D, so Duhon should do good in this system and so far he has.

I agree 100% that Marbury is one of the best slashers in the game and that he doesn't slash enough. Imagine if he slashed every time and always drew fouls? He would honesty be like Dwayne Wade with all the attempts and points just from foul shots alone.

Nate gets blocked because he is 5'9 but I have seen him make some nice moves against guys a foot taller than him; so to say that he ALWAYS gets blocked isn't true. His incredible hang time also allows him to make the tough shots a slasher makes.

I agree that Chandler, Marbury, and Gallo are the best slashers. I know Euro ball is under rated and many people think its a joke league. I know it isn't and Danillo, being a leader on his team at 19, and being the top international prospect, is saying something. This guy isn't a scrub or a no body. He will bring his game over here to the US even if he has to gain 20 pounds in muscle to do it. And his game is A+, especially on offense.

A point forward can easily be Wilson Chandler, and he is playing in the fast pace offense of Mike D'Antoni...and Chandler can get down the floor pretty quick for a guy that is 6'8.

Point forwards dont always play a slow paced game on offense. The great ones like Lebron James are the fastest forwards in the game and thats why they are so good. They add their power and speed to be an unstoppable force.

metrocard

Legend
shooting ability. So he should have a good outside shot when he returns. Duhon is not the offensive threat Marbury is and never will be.

A point forward can easily be Wilson Chandler.

LOL-Calvin_and_Hobbes.jpg

JayJ44

Starter
A point forward can easily be Wilson Chandler, and he is playing in the fast pace offense of Mike D'Antoni...and Chandler can get down the floor pretty quick for a guy that is 6'8.

Chandler couldn't really be a point forward. He's barely a good enough ball handler to play the 2, and he isn't as fast as guys like Lamar, Hedo etc. Plus, we need his strength to play as a power forward.