Will S.Marbury dunk in a game this year ?

JayJ44

Starter
I don't know if he can still do that, he 31 now. Hopefully he can, the Garden would go crazy if he jumped as high as he did in the alley oop.

richtree

Rotation player
If you watched him take the ball to the rack against the Celtics you could see he looks like him has most of his explosiveness back, at try one time...

I think we need a petition

Paul1355

All Star
He'll dunk...don't worry. Might not have the legs but he hasn't been 198 since High school. Expect anything this year.

TunerAddict

Starter
He'll dunk...don't worry. Might not have the legs but he hasn't been 198 since High school. Expect anything this year.

Its actually really suprising what losing 10 pounds can do to your vertical...So it definetly could be a possibility...

But I don't think its about the athletic aspect. J-Kidd used to dunk, doesn't now. Once you get into those later years they learn to preserve their knees and the difference between a layup and a dunk is a big difference when your landing and the force that is being exerted on your knees.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Its actually really suprising what losing 10 pounds can do to your vertical...So it definetly could be a possibility...

But I don't think its about the athletic aspect. J-Kidd used to dunk, doesn't now. Once you get into those later years they learn to preserve their knees and the difference between a layup and a dunk is a big difference when your landing and the force that is being exerted on your knees.

thats the problem marbury had a couple of years ago, the year we got injured in da playoff hunt

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac

Very good point, its like comparing kobe to vince carter. Carter always threw it down and you could tell last year he was losing his ups. Kobe can still jump almost as high as he did when he first came into the league.

Marbury also had plantar fasciatis, which is the reason why he stopped dunkin.

Paul1355

All Star
Very good point, its like comparing kobe to vince carter. Carter always threw it down and you could tell last year he was losing his ups. Kobe can still jump almost as high as he did when he first came into the league.

Marbury also had plantar fasciatis, which is the reason why he stopped dunkin.

good point. I forgot what he had exactly. I hope he throws down one big one this year just for the fans.