Nets vs Knicks Snoozefest Friday Oct. 24 Game Thread

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
New Jersey Nets (?-?) @ New York Knicks (3-3)
Friday at 7:30pm ET, Live on MSG 2

12garden2_lg.jpg

Welcome to the official MSG33 pregame show. I am the Gold Mac 10 and its time to break down Friday nights preseason game. This is the last game. Who cares about this game? I dont. After the first couple of preseason games it becomes boring. I want the season to start.

Starting Lineups

New Jersey Nets

At point guard, Devin Harris
At shooting guard, Vince Carter
At small forward, Jianlian Yi
At power forward, Bobby Simmons
At center, Brook Lopez

knicks.gif

AND NOW YOUR NEW YORK KNICKS

AT POINT GUARD CHRIS DUHON
AT SHOOTING GUARD NATE ROBINSON
AT SMALL FORWARD STEPHON MARBURY
AT POWER FORWARD WILSON CHANDLER
AT CENTER DAVID LEE

KNICKS BENCH: Zach Randolph, Jamal Crawford, Nate Robinson, Eddy Curry, Malik Rose, Anthony Roberson, Mardy Collins, Patrick Ewing Jr., Jerome James, Dan Grunfeld

Knicks_Dribbling_600_100605.jpg

Throwback Hip Hop Joint of the Day

Artist: Tragedy Khadafi
Song: Trag Invasion
Album: Intelligent Hoodlum (1990)

Download here:

Intelligent Hoodlum - Trag Invasion _1990_.mp3 - 4.91MB

Thanks for joining me here on The Gold Mac's pregame show, catch me next time and enjoy Friday Nights game.

richtree

Rotation player
nets are (2-4) in the preseason

and the knicks will have a tough time with their biggs again

hopefully we are rested and recovered after looking sluggish facing the champs....

knicks should put up some points and hopefully look to get Yi and Lopez in foul trouble by attacking the basket in transition

Paul1355

All Star
nets are (2-4) in the preseason

and the knicks will have a tough time with their biggs again

hopefully we are rested and recovered after looking sluggish facing the champs....

knicks should put up some points and hopefully look to get Yi and Lopez in foul trouble by attacking the basket in transition

Didn't we blow them out last game? We just have to be smart with the ball, make some damn 3 point shots that we suck at making, and draw fouls by charging the basket with slashers like Marbury.

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
Anybody know if Danilo is gonna get some minutes in this game?

no hes not gonna play, today was only his 1st or 2nd practice. but we know curry isnt gonna play because D'Antoni hates him. haha. this game doesnt mean much, i think we have all seen the positives and negatives from pre-season play already.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks are 3-3 in preseason vs the Nets, 76ers, and Celtics.
Tonight is the 7th and last preseason game vs Nets..... the Knicks should win.
But dont any Knick-fan get all hyped-up off the win.
Nothing have been proven that we are not the 23 or 33 win team we used to be.

Coach Dantoni vs Coach Frank = Dantoni by a mile

Coach Frank no longer have coach Isiah to beat him as the WORST coach in the NBA.

Poor draft selection

It would've been nice to see Danilo Galinari "TRY" to go up against the Nets bigmen. The Nets young bigmen Boone, Sean, and Lopez, would've sent Galinari to the D-League in just one preseason outing.
Like it or not Galinari's value gets lower each game that he miss.
And you can't compare his back problem to lastseason Oden.<!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- / message -->

Last edited:

GetRealistic

Starter
I'd say play the first half like a regular season game, then pull the main contributors and just play the Ewings, Robersons, and punish Eddy Curry by playing the whole second half of a meaningless game.

I'm sure Houston said no because he didn't want to embarass himself by not playing up to the ability we remember him at, but it woulda been nice to see him make a cameo tonight before getting cut.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Were a better team on both ends of the court when wilson chandler is playing. With him out tonight i dont see us winning, not that it matters.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
smh @ lopez ownin Lee....lees gotta learn how to throw an occasional up fake. Thats one thing i noticed about him last year. Theres certain players that dominate him and shut down his offense.

Kiyaman

Legend
Well Dantoni's preseason experiment showed the Knicks roster only have 5 players out of 16 that could play to Dantoni's uptempo style.

Players Curry, Zach, Q.Rich, Crawful, and Collins could only score when in a halfcourt offense.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I agree with all them except mardy collins, not that hes a game changer but i like his style of play. I think he deserves some minutes....especially if crawford is gonna get 30+ minutes a game.

Heres the players that i think have looked the sharpest (in no order)

David Lee
Nate Robinson
Starbury
Duhon
Wilson Chandler
Mardy Collins

*edit*

Zach randolph is not good for this type of offense, but id rather see him get minutes then Curry.

portega1968

El Cacique
at least a push at the end in a bid to win the game regardle if it wasnt worth it.

jamal 36mins... looking for his flow