Nets vs Knicks Snoozefest Friday Oct. 24 Game Thread

knicklover

Benchwarmer
This game reminded me a lot of last year - nice late run but we lost anyway.

I'm not sure what the problem is, but I'm not really noticing a lot of improvement in the offense from last year other than getting to the free throw line a lot and actually hitting them. The passing is not that crisp and we aren't getting many easy shots. In the first couple of games you could see some positive signs, but we seem to have taken a step backwards again.
Plus, the defense is still totally non existent.

This is going to be a long season. If we can't beat the Nets at home, we suck.

IcEWaTEr123

Benchwarmer
I went to this game, it was great for preseason, Ewing got the loudest ovation, as soon as he entered the game, it all changed to the knicks way, PLEASE KEEP EWING and wat was with that last play Give it to EWING

portega1968

El Cacique
last play was a throwback to last year...

CRAAWFORD AT THE BUUUUZZERRRRRRRRRRRRRR

AAAWWW!!!!!!

I have him on my bench in fantasy league, so I'm hoping he does fit in this offense AND win games.

Kiyaman

Legend
Before the first Preseason game coach Dantoni said, "Jefferies at center!!!!"
this guy have a career average of just 3 rebounds. Sorry! next
We need a young bigman to help Lee in rebounding! so Knicks oponents just get one shot. That is the important part of an uptempo system....oponents do miss shots against defenseless teams....and we need that rebound.

All of the above proves we should have selected Brook Lopez or his brother in the draft.
Plus made that phone call to Patrick Ewing Sr. when he was waiting on our call this offseason.

what i noticed at the knick game last nite......was

Is that on the 2009 draft night...... the Nets will have alot of options with all their young athletic players.... on getting a veteran Star Player to add to their rotation of Devin Harris & Carter backcourt, if the backcourt dont work out this season.... the Nets have some nice young players to add with either for a decent trade.

The Nets has a two season advantage at Rebuilding their Team than we are.
That's what I notice

Paul1355

All Star
The Knicks are 3-3 in preseason vs the Nets, 76ers, and Celtics.
Tonight is the 7th and last preseason game vs Nets..... the Knicks should win.
But dont any Knick-fan get all hyped-up off the win.
Nothing have been proven that we are not the 23 or 33 win team we used to be.

Coach Dantoni vs Coach Frank = Dantoni by a mile

Coach Frank no longer have coach Isiah to beat him as the WORST coach in the NBA.

Poor draft selection

It would've been nice to see Danilo Galinari "TRY" to go up against the Nets bigmen. The Nets young bigmen Boone, Sean, and Lopez, would've sent Galinari to the D-League in just one preseason outing.
Like it or not Galinari's value gets lower each game that he miss.
And you can't compare his back problem to lastseason Oden.<!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- / message -->

poor draft selection? You saw one game in the summer league. Your reaching.

Danillo Gallinari =
1)Best International prospect at 19 years of age
2) Best scorer and leader on his team in Milan
3) Played for a Milan team that had an atmosphere like New York with the enormous pressure.
4) Was the best player in a league that is condered better than the NCAA....the Euro League.
5) Doctor's say he is still growing
6) Has enormous upside.

Who had a better resume at the 6th pick?

Last edited: