Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 27 of 27

Thread: Knicks Wont Give Lee Extension

  1. #16
    El Cacique portega1968's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)
    Posts
    1,611
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    we need to know what asking price Lee's agent threw at Walsh to better judge this move... I'm assuming he probably started with $12mil and that maybe convinced Walsh to wait.

    if it were around $8 million, maybe Walsh wouldve signed him.

    Im willing to bet that no way in hell Lee wouldve settled for $5mil.

  2. #17
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Nyk Logo Good, we should wait

    i think the knicks are making a good move, we always rush into signing people we like and its hurt us in the past. if lee does well with dantoni's system then walsh will resign him.
    the question is what are we gonna do with randolph??

  3. #18
    Veteran jpz17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,782
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    alright, well 5....8 same thing its still under 10

  4. #19
    Moderator
    CoolClyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    2,463
    Rep Power
    20

    Default Sad day for D Lee and N8 the Gr8

    this is bad news. Lee and N8 are the 2 shining spots on this team, whether starting or coming off the bench. who knows is Walsh offered (their agents) an extension? I have a feeling both players will be offered major contracts by other teams, and then Walsh will be reluctant to match, because we're committed to dead wood like Jerome James $1million per minute contract. I say lose Q-Rich, Jared Jeffries, Malik Rose, Eddie Curry and maybe even Crawfish (he's kinda sucking in pre-ball). Both Lee and N8 will be stars, we're already seeing their potential coming to fruition under the tutelage of a real coach like D'ant. I can't believe coach had no say in this matter. This is what each player is capable of, with real minutes:
    DLee = 15 points, 10 rebounds per game
    N8 = 20 points, 5 assists, 5 rebounds per game

    I'd like to see both players start and stay Knicks for life. They're only going to get better.... mark my words.


    This is all Isiah's fault, the dopehead.

  5. #20
    is the Bo$$ Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    so whats wrong with dope?

  6. #21
    Superstar WVKnickfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    655
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    this is bad news. Lee and N8 are the 2 shining spots on this team, whether starting or coming off the bench. who knows is Walsh offered (their agents) an extension? I have a feeling both players will be offered major contracts by other teams, and then Walsh will be reluctant to match, because we're committed to dead wood like Jerome James $1million per minute contract. I say lose Q-Rich, Jared Jeffries, Malik Rose, Eddie Curry and maybe even Crawfish (he's kinda sucking in pre-ball). Both Lee and N8 will be stars, we're already seeing their potential coming to fruition under the tutelage of a real coach like D'ant. I can't believe coach had no say in this matter. This is what each player is capable of, with real minutes:
    DLee = 15 points, 10 rebounds per game
    N8 = 20 points, 5 assists, 5 rebounds per game

    I'd like to see both players start and stay Knicks for life. They're only going to get better.... mark my words.


    This is all Isiah's fault, the dopehead.

    I completly agree with everything you said and I to think the front office is making a big mistake again.You HAVE to sign your best players and come oct 31 if they are'nt signed then you might as well kiss them goodbye b/c another team will give them a HUGE contract.OUR FRONT OFFICE SUCKS!!!!

  7. #22
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,639
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by richtree
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    The New York Knicks have decided against offering fan favorite David Lee a contract extension ahead of the October 31 deadline.

    an extention ... i give him points for his hustle, but he still can't hit anything other then a dunk... since we are going to sux for at least another year, package him with a curry/zach/burger-king james,jefferies,quich/mardy,crawford, (did i leave anyone out) and send him on his way...

  8. #23
    Member kingDOM312580's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Palm Coast, Florida... formerly the playgrounds of Queens
    Posts
    77
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    The problem is not so much that we suck, but that we suck with the highest payroll in the NBA. Lee is a good player, a player you want on your team, and a fan favorite. Unfortunately he is our only bargaining chip. Lee needs to be packaged with one of our bad contracts so we can get out of this mess we are in.

    Also Lee is a valuable player at his current salary but his worth is greatly diminished at 10 to 12 million. I don't see the Knicks signing him for that amount but I do see another team doing it. Better to trade him now in a trade that gives us cap relief instead of waiting and getting nothing for him.

  9. #24
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,639
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by kingDOM312580
    The problem is not so much that we suck, but that we suck with the highest payroll in the NBA. Lee is a good player, a player you want on your team, and a fan favorite. Unfortunately he is our only bargaining chip. Lee needs to be packaged with one of our bad contracts so we can get out of this mess we are in.

    Also Lee is a valuable player at his current salary but his worth is greatly diminished at 10 to 12 million. I don't see the Knicks signing him for that amount but I do see another team doing it. Better to trade him now in a trade that gives us cap relief instead of waiting and getting nothing for him.
    lets do it....adios david...

  10. #25
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    The Knicks can't re-sign Lee. He's going to want a lot of money; the Knicks don't have the capspace. That's why I think the Knicks should trade him with Eddy Curry, for some expiring contracts. We would gain capspace and roster space. A lot of people worship Lee, but let's be real. We already have Zach Randolph who can do everything that Lee can do, plus a more consistent jump shot. Why not get some capspace, so that we could sign a shotblocking center?

  11. #26
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    The Knicks can't re-sign Lee. He's going to want a lot of money; the Knicks don't have the capspace. That's why I think the Knicks should trade him with Eddy Curry, for some expiring contracts. We would gain capspace and roster space. A lot of people worship Lee, but let's be real. We already have Zach Randolph who can do everything that Lee can do, plus a more consistent jump shot. Why not get some capspace, so that we could sign a shotblocking center?
    Yeah, lets get rid of the guy with the SMALLER contract out of the two you just mentioned (Lee and ZBO)

    SMH @ ABCD

    Course' you'd love to offer Steph a contract extension too......

  12. #27
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    Yeah, lets get rid of the guy with the SMALLER contract out of the two you just mentioned (Lee and ZBO)

    SMH @ ABCD

    Course' you'd love to offer Steph a contract extension too......
    1) I don't want Marbury to get an extension. I just want him to play out his contract on the Knicks, and help us stay competitive for this year. I wouldn't mind if he got an extension, though.

    2) I don't want to trade Lee for the hell of it. I want the Knicks to use him as a way to dump Curry.

    3) In case you didn't know, Eddy Curry has 3 years and 31 million dollars left on his contract.

    4) Stop biting off of me. I started using SMH before you.

    5) All of these Leesexuals make me sick. Lee is a role player. People act as if he's Amare Stoudamire. If we could eliminate 31 million dollars off of our cap, by including him in a trade, why not do it?

    6) Do you honestly feel Lee wants to stay with the Knicks? No, he wants to get paid, and he's going to go where the money is.
    Last edited by abcd; Nov 01, 2008 at 21:43.

Similar Threads

  1. New York Knicks at Atlanta Hawks Game Thread 2/29
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: Mar 01, 2008, 09:58
  2. Indiana Pacers vs New York Knicks Game Thread 2/5
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: Feb 07, 2008, 17:27
  3. New York Knicks vs Chicago Bulls Game Thread 1/8/08
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: Jan 11, 2008, 16:29
  4. Dallas Mavericks vs New York Knicks Game Thread
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: Dec 11, 2007, 18:16
  5. Is Zack Randolph the answer?
    By Kiyaman in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: Aug 11, 2007, 09:16

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •