Knicks Wont Give Lee Extension

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
this is bad news. Lee and N8 are the 2 shining spots on this team, whether starting or coming off the bench. who knows is Walsh offered (their agents) an extension? I have a feeling both players will be offered major contracts by other teams, and then Walsh will be reluctant to match, because we're committed to dead wood like Jerome James $1million per minute contract. I say lose Q-Rich, Jared Jeffries, Malik Rose, Eddie Curry and maybe even Crawfish (he's kinda sucking in pre-ball). Both Lee and N8 will be stars, we're already seeing their potential coming to fruition under the tutelage of a real coach like D'ant. I can't believe coach had no say in this matter. This is what each player is capable of, with real minutes:
DLee = 15 points, 10 rebounds per game
N8 = 20 points, 5 assists, 5 rebounds per game

I'd like to see both players start and stay Knicks for life. They're only going to get better.... mark my words.

This is all Isiah's fault, the dopehead.

I completly agree with everything you said and I to think the front office is making a big mistake again.You HAVE to sign your best players and come oct 31 if they are'nt signed then you might as well kiss them goodbye b/c another team will give them a HUGE contract.OUR FRONT OFFICE SUCKS!!!!:barf:

paris401

Starter
nyk_wt.gif
Knicks Wont Give Lee Extension
The New York Knicks have decided against offering fan favorite David Lee a contract extension ahead of the October 31 deadline.

an extention ... i give him points for his hustle, but he still can't hit anything other then a dunk... since we are going to sux for at least another year, package him with a curry/zach/burger-king james,jefferies,quich/mardy,crawford, (did i leave anyone out) and send him on his way...

kingDOM312580

Benchwarmer
The problem is not so much that we suck, but that we suck with the highest payroll in the NBA. Lee is a good player, a player you want on your team, and a fan favorite. Unfortunately he is our only bargaining chip. Lee needs to be packaged with one of our bad contracts so we can get out of this mess we are in.

Also Lee is a valuable player at his current salary but his worth is greatly diminished at 10 to 12 million. I don't see the Knicks signing him for that amount but I do see another team doing it. Better to trade him now in a trade that gives us cap relief instead of waiting and getting nothing for him.

paris401

Starter
The problem is not so much that we suck, but that we suck with the highest payroll in the NBA. Lee is a good player, a player you want on your team, and a fan favorite. Unfortunately he is our only bargaining chip. Lee needs to be packaged with one of our bad contracts so we can get out of this mess we are in.

Also Lee is a valuable player at his current salary but his worth is greatly diminished at 10 to 12 million. I don't see the Knicks signing him for that amount but I do see another team doing it. Better to trade him now in a trade that gives us cap relief instead of waiting and getting nothing for him.

lets do it....adios david...

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The Knicks can't re-sign Lee. He's going to want a lot of money; the Knicks don't have the capspace. That's why I think the Knicks should trade him with Eddy Curry, for some expiring contracts. We would gain capspace and roster space. A lot of people worship Lee, but let's be real. We already have Zach Randolph who can do everything that Lee can do, plus a more consistent jump shot. Why not get some capspace, so that we could sign a shotblocking center?

TunerAddict

Starter
The Knicks can't re-sign Lee. He's going to want a lot of money; the Knicks don't have the capspace. That's why I think the Knicks should trade him with Eddy Curry, for some expiring contracts. We would gain capspace and roster space. A lot of people worship Lee, but let's be real. We already have Zach Randolph who can do everything that Lee can do, plus a more consistent jump shot. Why not get some capspace, so that we could sign a shotblocking center?

Yeah, lets get rid of the guy with the SMALLER contract out of the two you just mentioned (Lee and ZBO)

SMH @ ABCD

Course' you'd love to offer Steph a contract extension too......

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Yeah, lets get rid of the guy with the SMALLER contract out of the two you just mentioned (Lee and ZBO)

SMH @ ABCD

Course' you'd love to offer Steph a contract extension too......
1) I don't want Marbury to get an extension. I just want him to play out his contract on the Knicks, and help us stay competitive for this year. I wouldn't mind if he got an extension, though.

2) I don't want to trade Lee for the hell of it. I want the Knicks to use him as a way to dump Curry.

3) In case you didn't know, Eddy Curry has 3 years and 31 million dollars left on his contract.

4) Stop biting off of me. I started using SMH before you.

5) All of these Leesexuals make me sick. Lee is a role player. People act as if he's Amare Stoudamire. If we could eliminate 31 million dollars off of our cap, by including him in a trade, why not do it?

6) Do you honestly feel Lee wants to stay with the Knicks? No, he wants to get paid, and he's going to go where the money is.

Last edited: