Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 70

Thread: Religulous

  1. #31
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    That is false. Yet you believe the other gods do not exist and were created by humans, and not yours. You are an atheist in respect to Krishna, Zeus, Apollo, Buddha, etc. I've just taken it one god further.

    Well let's see. We have the Alexander the great Prophecy, Tyre, Edom, Jerusalem 66-70 ce, we have the Kingdom message being preached today worldwide, Babylon the ancient city is desolate to this very day. To name a few. These are all things Jehovah said he would do, or would happen. All have come true. Only a fool would sit and argue they have not.

    Tell me something that Krishna, Zeus, Apollo, Buddha have prophesied about that has come true?

    1 thing.

  2. #32
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    Well let's see. We have the Alexander the great Prophecy, Tyre, Edom, Jerusalem 66-70 ce, we have the Kingdom message being preached today worldwide, Babylon the ancient city is desolate to this very day. To name a few. These are all things Jehovah said he would do, or would happen. All have come true. Only a fool would sit and argue they have not.

    Tell me something that Krishna, Zeus, Apollo, Buddha have prophesied about that has come true?

    1 thing.
    Quran prophecies that have come true (written over 1400 years ago):

    And after him We said to the Children of Israel, 'Dwell Ye in the promised land; and when the time of the promise of the Latter Days come, We shall bring you together out of various people." (17:105)

    -prophecy of the creation of Israel


    "It never happens that permissiveness overwhelms a people to the extent that they display their acts of sex shamelessly and they are not uniquely punished by God. Among them, invariably, pestilence is made to spread and such other diseases, the like of which have never been witnessed by their forefathers." (Ibn-e-Majah, Kitab-ul-Fitan)

    -prophecy of sexually transmitted diseases

    Mohammed existed. Yet you do not follow Islam. Why?


    Hindu prophecies fulfilled:

    In the Kali Yuga, wealth alone will be the deciding factor of nobility [in place of birth, righteous behaviour or merit]. And brute force will be the only standard in establishing or deciding what is righteous or just.

    Mutual liking [and not family pedigree, social status, etc.] will be the deciding factor in choosing a partner in marriage; cheating will be the order of the day in business relations; satisfaction of sexual pleasure will be the only consideration of male or female excellence and worthiness; and the wearing of the sacred thread (Yajnopavita) [and not pious behaviour or Vedic or Shastric learning] will be the outward index of being a Brahmin.(2)
    Last edited by LJ4ptplay; Oct 30, 2008 at 13:58.

  3. #33
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Quran prophecies that have come true (written over 1400 years ago):

    And after him We said to the Children of Israel, 'Dwell Ye in the promised land; and when the time of the promise of the Latter Days come, We shall bring you together out of various people." (17:105)

    -prophecy of the creation of Israel
    Was this written before the new testament? And is Israel a various people, or are they Jews?


    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    "It never happens that permissiveness overwhelms a people to the extent that they display their acts of sex shamelessly and they are not uniquely punished by God. Among them, invariably, pestilence is made to spread and such other diseases, the like of which have never been witnessed by their forefathers." (Ibn-e-Majah, Kitab-ul-Fitan)

    -prophecy of sexually transmitted diseases
    This is a prophecy?

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Mohammed existed. Yet you do not follow Islam. Why?
    Because God's word is the Bible, not the the Koran or Islam.


    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Hindu prophecies fulfilled:

    In the Kali Yuga, wealth alone will be the deciding factor of nobility [in place of birth, righteous behaviour or merit]. And brute force will be the only standard in establishing or deciding what is righteous or just.

    Mutual liking [and not family pedigree, social status, etc.] will be the deciding factor in choosing a partner in marriage; cheating will be the order of the day in business relations; satisfaction of sexual pleasure will be the only consideration of male or female excellence and worthiness; and the wearing of the sacred thread (Yajnopavita) [and not pious behaviour or Vedic or Shastric learning] will be the outward index of being a Brahmin.(2)
    I don't know what Kali Yuga is. And the place of birth? This sounds more like vague philosophy than Prophecy. I cannot compare any of these to the Prophecies in Daniel alone, much less the other striking prophecies of the Bible. Seriously, it's a beat down of mammoth proportions.

    Why is the Bible the only book that prophesies the demise of a once world powers, to the point of complete desolation? Why does no other inspired book of God go out on such a limb? Can you show me that from any of these books? If you cannot, then that is the separation from the Bible to any other book. Amongst others, but that is a glaring difference.

  4. #34
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Ha! Tell the "hairy he-goat" and other vague prophecies to a Hindu scholar or a Muslim scholar and they will say the same things as you. But that's my point. You are all wrong. The only thing that is truth is science, and all of you want to believe these silly stories and disregard science when you have no knowledge whatsoever. The less educated a person is, the greater the chance for them to believe silly stories that are impossible. That is proven. The less educated a nation's population is, the more religious the nation is. Religion's purpose today is to block knowledge. That needs to end. Because the more you know about the universe and the natural world, the more you realize how wrong every religion is.

  5. #35
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default










  6. #36
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you'd have good people doing good things and evil people doing bad things, but for good people to do bad things, it takes religion.”

    -Steven Weinberg

  7. #37
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Ha! Tell the "hairy he-goat" and other vague prophecies to a Hindu scholar or a Muslim scholar and they will say the same things as you. But that's my point. You are all wrong. The only thing that is truth is science, and all of you want to believe these silly stories and disregard science when you have no knowledge whatsoever. The less educated a person is, the greater the chance for them to believe silly stories that are impossible. That is proven. The less educated a nation's population is, the more religious the nation is. Religion's purpose today is to block knowledge. That needs to end. Because the more you know about the universe and the natural world, the more you realize how wrong every religion is.
    There is nothing at all vague about the Alexander the great prophecy. After all, The prophecy does go onto say exactly who the great beasts stand for and what exactly it means, and what exactly will happen. When something is explained, then it cannot be vague, silly man. You claim to be the smart one here, remember?

    And um, I believe I have been educated enough on Neanderthals by people that are smarter than the both of us here, and they believe that Neanderthals are a human species. They went from drawing Neanderthal as a straight up ape less than 100 years ago, to flat out having them look more and more modern human. That must mean that most of the scientific world believes they were much more closer to modern human that they ever were to Ape. In fact, some believe that Neanderthal and modern Man even mated at one point. If that is true, then they surely cannot be ape at all, as we know apes and humans cannot interbreed. Therefore, the evidence once again sways toward the Bible being right when God said he made each species according to their kinds. Neanderthal is a human species that died off. End of the story.

    Have fun.

  8. #38
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    And by the way... This guy you have in this video who tries to reason with the man on the moon coming from the earths ocean... REALLY? And you have a problem with Christians believing the Noah's Ark story? REALLY? This just gets better and better LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

  9. #39
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    And by the way... This guy you have in this video who tries to reason with the man on the moon coming from the earths ocean... REALLY? And you have a problem with Christians believing the Noah's Ark story? REALLY? This just gets better and better LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
    I guess it's a combination of a lack of education and intelligence with you. You completely misunderstood what they were talking about. Now I'm LMAO! But we've had these discussions before, and you've also proven your irrationality. You believe in impossible stories and that life on earth is 6,000 years old. I've been cordial with you, but I'm sorry, I can't anymore. I feel sorry for your children. Teaching them things that are completely opposite of reality and hiding the truth is a form of child abuse. You promote a thought process that removes facts and evidence, and a philosophy of "closing your eyes and plugging your ears". This same thought process and philosophy is what leads to fundamentalism like Al Queda, and is what is wrong with the world today. Education and understanding of the facts and evidence is the only way we can shed this primitive part of the human society. But unfortunately you don't want to know the facts and evidence because they disprove your beliefs. What you want to believe and what is truth are two different things. Your irrationality leaves me no other choice but to give up on educating you any further. I'm sorry for this, but I will continue to educate those that are rational about the facts relating to our place in the universe and the natural world. Eventually, enough people will understand the facts and evidence and religion will eventually have no place in society. When that happens, it will be a great time of enlightenment and human society will finaly be able to reach its fullest potential. Good luck to you.
    Last edited by LJ4ptplay; Oct 30, 2008 at 21:45.

  10. #40
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    I guess it's a combination of a lack of education and intelligence with you. You completely misunderstood what they were talking about. Now I'm LMAO! But we've had these discussions before, and you've also proven your irrationality. You believe in impossible stories and that life on earth is 6,000 years old. I've been cordial with you, but I'm sorry, I can't anymore. I feel sorry for your children. Teaching them things that are completely opposite of reality and hiding the truth is a form of child abuse. You promote a thought process that removes facts and evidence, and a philosophy of "closing your eyes and plugging your ears". This same thought process and philosophy is what leads to fundamentalism like Al Queda, and is what is wrong with the world today. Education and understanding of the facts and evidence is the only way we can shed this primitive part of the human society. But unfortunately you don't want to know the facts and evidence because they disprove your beliefs. What you want to believe and what is truth are two different things. Your irrationality leaves me no other choice but to give up on educating you any further. I'm sorry for this, but I will continue to educate those that are rational about the facts relating to our place in the universe and the natural world. Eventually, enough people will understand the facts and evidence and religion will eventually have no place in society. When that happens, it will be a great time of enlightenment and human society will finaly be able to reach its fullest potential. Good luck to you.
    Again, nothing you say negative or positive influences my life any, and I'm sure it's ditto. So you could have called me scum of the earth for all I care.

    But the fact is, you keep spewing these words- Facts and Evidence- as if clearly Science has proven there is no God, and that Neanderthals are tweeners between Man and Monkey or vice verse. THEY HAVE NOT DONE SO SMART MAN! YOU BELIEVE THAT IT HAS BECAUSE YOU WANT TO. That is it. So the very thing you accuse me for being dumb for, you fall prey to. Even Richard Dawkins says science does not have the answer to everything. But let you tell it, they have all we need lol.....

    Fact: Alexander the Great defeated the world power known as the Medo Persian empire. Fact: Alexander the Great died suddenly at 32 at the height of his reign. Fact: Alexander the Greats army was dispersed between his four generals. Fact: Only the Christians that fled from Jerusalem during it's desolation between 66 c.e - 70 were spared besides the prisoners the Roman army decided to take.Fact: Ancient Babylon, once a sprawling world power is now a desolate uninhabitable waste land. Fact: The good news of the Kingdom of God is being preached throughout the entire inhabited earth today.

    Fact: The Bible said these things would happen before they actually did. This is indisputable. This cannot be debated. These things actually happened.

    Fact: LJ4PTPLAY says Neanderthals are not human. FACT Erik Trankaus Thinks they are human enough to have breeded with us, modern humans. FACT: Some scientists seem to think that Cro-magnon and Neanderthals interbreeded as well.

    Now, as you point out, I'm not the most educated individual alive or anything like that, but I know that species breed according to their kinds. So I know that a human can't impregnate a monkey. So if these very smart scientists even debate whether Neanderthal or cro-mangon and modern man interbreeded at one time or another, then the consensus is that they must agree that they are all the same species. Different is ways, but same species, or kind.FACT: The Bible says God made each species according to their KINDS.

    Why should I believe like you, that Neanderthal is not human, when there are scientist's who say they are, and they may have even mingled a time or two with modern humans? Because you're smarter than everyone else in the world? You know something we all don't? Tell me, smartest man alive, are Erik Trankaus and others wrong when they conclude that Neanderthals and cro-magnon MAN are in fact a human species? I'm pretty sure they deal with more evidence on the daily than you do.

    And you don't really have to answer this, because you already lost. Because as much as science tries to be factual about everything, a lot of it is theory and opinion. Earth's oceans made the moon...........

  11. #41
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    I don't know why you keep bringing up Neanderthal man. If anything it supports evolution and disproves your religion. You have a knack for misunderstanding people. I said Neanderthal was not the same species as man. Hence Homo neanderthalensis, not Homo sapiens. And the fact that you believe Neanderthal man existed disproves your religion. I thought you believed life on Earth is 6,000 years old. Neanderthal man existed between 500,000 to 150,000 years ago.

    I never said science has the answers to everything. That's the beauty of science, it collects data and formulates theories about the universe based on evidence. Religion is the one claiming it has the answers to everything, without room for change, regardless of the evidence against it. And that's what bothers me the most about religion. The onus is on religion to adapt.

    The fact remains that you believe in Noah's Arc, Adam and Eve and life on earth to be 6,000 years old, which is completely false. And quite honestly, completely ridiculous to claim. I'm sorry, but only an uneducated, irrational, moron could believe such things with the overwhelming amount of evidence staring them right in the face. This in turn disproves the Christian religion all together as well. Because Jesus taught from the Old Testament, and talked about Adam and Eve and Noah, he must not have been the son of God. Wouldn't the son of God have known the age of the universe and that two individuals of any species cannot sustain a viable population through sexual reproduction? So, if the Christian religion is false, then what is right? Hindu, Islam, etc.? More likely all of them are wrong. And science provides the most accurate answers for now.

    You cannot argue against these facts. They are indisputable. Science is not a massive worldwide conspiracy to disprove religion. The facts just happen to do so. If both sides were brought into a courtroom of law and argued in front of an unbiased jury without previous knowledge of either, the jury would easily have a unanimous decision in favor of evolution. Mountains of evidence accumulated over centuries of discovery and 98% of the accredited scientific community, versus 1 book written by many humans thousands of years ago and prophecies proven to be false or edited after the fact.
    Last edited by LJ4ptplay; Oct 31, 2008 at 10:11.

  12. #42
    Member KnicksFan4Realz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Phoenix,AZ
    Posts
    406
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    You are the guy who thinks it's ok for people of any age to have sex so long as they are being responsible by using condoms. Even kids.

    Nothing you say has had any relevance to me since. Take care.

    This from that man that believes in...

    1)Talking serpents
    2) Giants
    3) Angels
    4) A man getting swallowed by a "great fish" and living to tell about it
    5) That a man not only died, but came back to life, and flew into heaven like Superman
    6) The earth was created in 7 days
    7) That 1 man and 1 woman can generate over 6 billion people today
    8) That God would rape another man's wife to bear himself in flesh
    9) That 144,000 people are actually making it to heaven in the first place not only out of the current 6 billion plus on the planet NOW, but also out of the billions that have already died in the past

    And finally

    10) The same man that would not want his daughters to use condoms should they not listen, and if this same GOD decided to go back into vengence mode and told him to slaughter his family would do so...long long before seeking much needed psychiatric help.

  13. #43
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    I thought you believed life on Earth is 6,000 years old. Neanderthal man existed between 500,000 to 150,000 years ago.
    Says who and what? The many unpredictable carbon dating methods? I have read where scientists have said they only truly prove accurate to a certain extent. Not Jehovah's witnesses... SCIENTISTS. How can I put my full trust in a faulty system? That's fine for you to do, but unacceptable for me.

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    I never said science has the answers to everything. That's the beauty of science, it collects data and formulates theories about the universe based on evidence.
    Like the moon coming from the Earth's ocean?

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Religion is the one claiming it has the answers to everything, without room for change, regardless of the evidence against it. And that's what bothers me the most about religion. The onus is on religion to adapt.
    Well, I can only speak for the one I follow, and there is plenty room for the unknown. And we don't claim to have the answers for everything, but we do know what God's will is, because he allows us to. Sorry that it's not as interesting as the earth's ocean making the moon.

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    The fact remains that you believe in Noah's Arc, Adam and Eve and life on earth to be 6,000 years old, which is completely false. And quite honestly, completely ridiculous to claim. I'm sorry, but only an uneducated, irrational, moron could believe such things with the overwhelming amount of evidence staring them right in the face.
    Kinda like you saying all prophecy was written after the fact, even though it is quite impossible for that to be. In order for that to be true about ancient Babylon in ruins, the Bible would have to be totally re-written long after the first century to add the prophecy in. And in order for the prophecy concerning the good news being preached to the entire inhabited earth before the end comes, well then that would have to mean the Bible has just been written within the last 100 years. Because the Kingdom message has only been being preached again, worldwide, about that long now.



    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    This in turn disproves the Christian religion all together as well. Because Jesus taught from the Old Testament, and talked about Adam and Eve and Noah, he must not have been the son of God. Wouldn't the son of God have known the age of the universe and that two individuals of any species cannot sustain a viable population through sexual reproduction?
    What did the age of the universe have to do with what Jesus was commanded to do by God? Nothing. So it was irrelevant. So here you are again on one hand saying that science does not have the answer for everything, but you're saying that there is no way millions of people come from two, based on science, that does not have the answer to everything? Sweet. Is it possible that science may not just have the answer to how that can happen? Does the scientific world still believe that the moon, presumably a solid rock mass, came from the Earth's ocean? Water left the Earth's atmosphere and turned into rock? A big one. Theoretically speaking of course. And why would that be easier to believe than Adam and Eve? The numbers game? Data? Tests?


    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    You cannot argue against these facts. They are indisputable. Science is not a massive worldwide conspiracy to disprove religion. The facts just happen to do so.
    So why do Scientists agree to disagree all the time about supposed facts? That's the million dollar questions. Fact: the sun is necessary for survival on Earth. That is indisputable. Neanderthals are evidence of evolution from Monkey to man... DISPUTABLE!

    But you say, the latter is a FACT! That's nuts.



    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    If both sides were brought into a courtroom of law and argued in front of an unbiased jury without previous knowledge of either, the jury would easily have a unanimous decision in favor of evolution. Mountains of evidence accumulated over centuries of discovery and 98% of the accredited scientific community, versus 1 book written by many humans thousands of years ago and prophecies proven to be false or edited after the fact.
    There have been mountains of evidence in the court of law that have seen criminals still walk free. My wife's a lawyer, I hear about them all the time. You put faith in the court of law if you wish. It's faulty, just like everything else imperfect humans do apart from God.

  14. #44
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Realz
    This from that man that believes in...

    1)Talking serpents
    2) Giants
    3) Angels
    4) A man getting swallowed by a "great fish" and living to tell about it
    5) That a man not only died, but came back to life, and flew into heaven like Superman
    6) The earth was created in 7 days
    7) That 1 man and 1 woman can generate over 6 billion people today
    8) That God would rape another man's wife to bear himself in flesh
    9) That 144,000 people are actually making it to heaven in the first place not only out of the current 6 billion plus on the planet NOW, but also out of the billions that have already died in the past

    And finally

    10) The same man that would not want his daughters to use condoms should they not listen, and if this same GOD decided to go back into vengence mode and told him to slaughter his family would do so...long long before seeking much needed psychiatric help.
    1)Talking serpents- Nope, it was not the serpent, it was a spirit creature.

    2) Giants- At the time, yes. Why is this impossible?

    3) Angels- Again, why impossible?
    4) A man getting swallowed by a "great fish" and living to tell about it- Why impossible?

    5) That a man not only died, but came back to life, and flew into heaven like Superman- actually when he came back, he was no longer a man, but a spirit creature.

    6) The earth was created in 7 days- 7 days to God is different from 7 days to us. His 7 day period is a lot longer than our 24 hr period.

    7) That 1 man and 1 woman can generate over 6 billion people today- Why can't this be true, but I should believe the Earth's ocean is responsible for the moon. Which is a rock in outer space?

    8) That God would rape another man's wife to bear himself in flesh- God raped no one silly.

    9) That 144,000 people are actually making it to heaven in the first place not only out of the current 6 billion plus on the planet NOW, but also out of the billions that have already died in the past- Paul believed this, and so did the other apostles and disciples. What Jehovah says happens, happens. That is indisputable.

    And finally

    10) The same man that would not want his daughters to use condoms should they not listen, and if this same GOD decided to go back into vengence mode and told him to slaughter his family would do so...long long before seeking much needed psychiatric help

    - Ha! I said of course I would prefer them to have safe sex if that's the route they chose. But I also said that still does not make it a responsible act. At least as far as God is concerned. And that matters to my family. Sorry it does not matter for yours.

  15. #45
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    The indisputable facts are:

    -2 individuals of any species cannot sustain a viable population through sexual reproduction. It is impossible. I'm sorry, I know you don't want to believe that, but it is just flat out impossible.

    -Life on earth is approx. 3.5 billion years old, not 6,000. 6,000 years is simply not true. It is the equivalent of you claiming the earth is still flat. And radioactive dating is not unpredictable. It is very predictable. On one individual sample a false positive may show up, but when hundreds say the same thing, it is predictable. If you visited 100 doctors, and 99 of them said you had cancer, but 1 of them said you didn't, you prefer to go with the 1. I prefer to go with the facts and evidence.


    = your religion wrong. Sorry. But those are the facts. You can continue to close your eyes, that's your choice. But you're wrong. These facts destroy the foundation of your religion and that must be difficult for you to accept. But it is still the truth. All you can say is "anything is possible". Which is untrue. Jump off a building, go ahead and believe you have the possibility to fly, but gravity says you won't and has showed through evidence that you can't. Want to test it out for me?

    And as KnickFan4Realz says, you believe in impossible stories. Give me 1, just 1 documented example where anything like those events happened. The bible doesn't count, because it is the one telling those impossible stories. You can't.

    I don't know why you keep saying the earth came from the oceans. Nobody says that. You are referring to the fission theory and it has nothing to do with water forming into rocks. You should do your research on how the moon was created. But that is how you believe the impossible stories. You don't research the evidence. You don't want to know the evidence because it contradicts your beliefs. I feel sorry for you and your children. If your children believe Adam and Eve, Noah's Arc and life on earth is 6,000 years old, then you are conducting a form of child abuse. You never gave them a chance to make the decision for themselves based on the facts and evidence. You have brainwashed them and that is cruel.
    Last edited by LJ4ptplay; Oct 31, 2008 at 14:33.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •