Vin Baker a Knick!

WiL8000

Rotation player
This is the news I've wanted to hear for awhile. Baker has enough time to get to know the team before the playoffs start. The playoffs this year will really be interesting now. When Dikembe gets back we will have plenty of size below the basket now.

Tweck

Rookie
Argh!!! Norris over Williams...? No no no!! What's with New York's coaches being unable to figure out who should be the backup point guard? At least Lenny knows who should be the STARTING point guard, but it's so obvious that Williams can give us so much more than Norris. I refuse to like Norris until he gets the fro back anyway. :afro: After that, maybe I'll give him a chance...

AJD

Benchwarmer
Moochie Sucks! Frank is out 4 personal reasons......wanna see how much i hate moocihe? Check my avatar! He's a stiff!

jayp

Benchwarmer
Baker should perform well now since he's been given enough chances.. He better perform well or he'll never be in the NBA again..

rady

Administrator
Staff member
i just checked the boxscore... 14 minutes, 2 points and 2 rebounds :?

jayp

Benchwarmer
IMO those minutes were for familiarization.. he'll get the flow of things in a few games.. although we don't have that much games left for experimenting with the lineup..

KnickFan2080

Benchwarmer
here's some portions from today's article (NYP)
Calling it his last chance, Vin Baker broke into tears yesterday at the close of his inaugural news conference as a Knick.
(...)
As his eyes moistened, Baker, a recovering alcoholic, added, "I'm grateful for the opportunity that God has given me. It's just tremendous and emotional for me. I'm going to work hard every day to enjoy this for my family, friends, for my teammates, for the fans of New York. I'm just grateful to be here. I hope it turns out great everyday."
(...)
Thomas' brother died of alcoholism. Knick owner James Dolan battled back from the disease. Yesterday, Baker pointed to Thomas' sensitivity as a key to choosing the Knicks, in addition to being a 75-minute drive from his parents in suburban Hartford.

http://www.nypost.com/sports/knicks/17124.htm

very touching, i hope baker realizes how lucky he is

rady

Administrator
Staff member
i have a question for you:
Do you think Vin Baker will be booed? Some insiders` oppinion was that vin should have signed with miami, where fans are not so noisy as in NY
This pressure might lead him to the bottle again

Only The Knicks

Benchwarmer
If pressure will lead him to the bottle, get rid of him. It's like you have to give a pacifier to a baby to get him to stop crying.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
The former All-Star signed Friday with the Knicks for the rest of the season, a day after winning his arbitration case against the NBA. He was added to the active roster immediately, and coach Lenny Wilkens said Baker would play Friday night against Philadelphia.
yeap, that's in the ESPN link you posted, but it doesn't say anything about money