Who WILL be traded by February?

who WILL be traded?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

portega1968

El Cacique
We've got some pricey players on this roster that would be more valuable if traded instead of having them come off the bench. IMO, someone may be traded within the next week, including starters... maybe it'll happen before Christmas, but definitely WILL happen by February.

Who do you think will eventually go... as opposed to who you want outta here.

Think of for whom will we get back the best value and who best fits another team... who will it be?

Obviously, any trade will probably involve more than one player gone.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i think either zach or curry won't be here definetly by the deadline and then ill throw in Q-Rich or Crawford will be gone theres a possillbilty but we'll see this season should be interesting dont want nothing like last year...lmao

Starks

Starter
Carmelo Anthony for Zach, Lee and Nate will be predicition.

Either him or Shawn Marion for the same package

TunerAddict

Starter
None....

Of course I'd love to get rid of Curry but no GM is dumb enough to get him. We couldn't give the fat bastard away.

JayJ44

Starter
I think Zach will definitely be traded. He'll play play pretty well with us, get his trade value up, and we'll get something good for him. I'm liking the trade that Starks said for Carmelo. I hope Curry gets traded but I don't think we'll be that lucky, unless Isiah Thomas get another GM job with another team.

portega1968

El Cacique
i got a bad feelin david lee will be packaged wit one of our bad contracts

yeah, I feel the same thing.

Lee could definitely be the dealmaker if Walsh were ever to pull off something for an AllStar... it wouldn't be the first time a big time player switched rosters like that.

something like this mega monster I ran in RealGm:

Successful Trade Scenario
Congratulations on a successful trade.
Due to New York, L.A. Lakers, and Miami being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. New York, L.A. Lakers, and Miami had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Trade ID #4788500

New York Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: -6.3 ppg, -8.0 rpg, and +1.4 apg.

Incoming Players

Sun Yue
0-0 from
No games yet played in 2007-2008

Pau Gasol
7-0 PF from Spain (Foreign)
18.8 ppg, 7.8 rpg, 3.5 apg in 34.0 minutes

Daequan Cook
6-5 SG from Ohio State
8.8 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 1.3 apg in 24.4 minutes

Shawn Marion
6-7 SF from UNLV
15.8 ppg, 9.9 rpg, 2.1 apg in 36.4 minutes

Outgoing Players

David Lee
6-9 PF from Florida
10.8 ppg, 8.9 rpg, 1.2 apg in 29.1 minutes

Quentin Richardson
6-6 SG / SF from DePaul
8.1 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 1.8 apg in 28.3 minutes

Eddy Curry
6-11 C from Thornwood (HS)
13.2 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 0.5 apg in 25.9 minutes

Zach Randolph
6-9 PF from Michigan State
17.6 ppg, 10.3 rpg, 2.0 apg in 32.5 minutes

L.A. Lakers Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: +8.7 ppg, +6.4 rpg, and -1.0 apg.

Incoming Players

David Lee
6-9 PF from Florida
10.8 ppg, 8.9 rpg, 1.2 apg in 29.1 minutes

Quentin Richardson
6-6 SG / SF from DePaul
8.1 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 1.8 apg in 28.3 minutes

Zach Randolph
6-9 PF from Michigan State
17.6 ppg, 10.3 rpg, 2.0 apg in 32.5 minutes

Marcus Banks
6-2 PG from UNLV
5.2 ppg, 0.8 rpg, 1.0 apg in 12.9 minutes

Outgoing Players

Sun Yue
0-0 from
No games yet played in 2007-2008

Lamar Odom
6-10 SF from Rhode Island
14.2 ppg, 10.6 rpg, 3.5 apg in 37.9 minutes

Pau Gasol
7-0 PF from Spain (Foreign)
18.8 ppg, 7.8 rpg, 3.5 apg in 34.0 minutes

Miami Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: -2.4 ppg, +1.6 rpg, and -0.4 apg.

Incoming Players

Eddy Curry
6-11 C from Thornwood (HS)
13.2 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 0.5 apg in 25.9 minutes

Lamar Odom
6-10 SF from Rhode Island
14.2 ppg, 10.6 rpg, 3.5 apg in 37.9 minutes

Outgoing Players

Daequan Cook
6-5 SG from Ohio State
8.8 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 1.3 apg in 24.4 minutes

Marcus Banks
6-2 PG from UNLV
5.2 ppg, 0.8 rpg, 1.0 apg in 12.9 minutes

Shawn Marion
6-7 SF from UNLV
15.8 ppg, 9.9 rpg, 2.1 apg in 36.4 minutes

GetRealistic

Starter
Yup us getting Gasol, Marion, and Cook for Zach, Curry, Q, and Lee is somehow gonna happen. Just cause the salaries match don't make it work. I could see Odom for Marion straight up though. Riley loves Odom

Paul1355

All Star
Zach is #1 candidate

Choosing what scrub to dump is to hard to tell at this point. Zach looks like the #1 candidate because he has the high contract. He has to go if Donnie even thinks about getting a Lebron James in 2010.

dre48ny

Rotation player
Carmelo Anthony for Zach, Lee and Nate will be predicition.

Either him or Shawn Marion for the same package
Carmelo,Hmmm, interesting scenario. The only knock is that his D ain"t all that but then again Randolph plays no D.

Could they still afford carmelo and another free agent in 2010 or does it kill the plan? I remember Melo signed a different contract than Bron, wade, and bosh.

JayJ44

Starter
Carmelo,Hmmm, interesting scenario. The only knock is that his D ain"t all that but then again Randolph plays no D.

Could they still afford carmelo and another free agent in 2010 or does it kill the plan? I remember Melo signed a different contract than Bron, wade, and bosh.

Carmelo has the same contract as Lebron except he doesn't have a player option for 2010-2011. He has an option for 2011-2012. If we dumped virtually everyone else, then we could afford someone else. Carmelo is going to get paid 17 million in 2010-2011, and if Lebron/Wade/Bosh is asking for the max 20 million, that's 37 million between those 2. Add in Danilo and Chandler, that's 5 million for them, that's 42 million. That would leave about 18 million in cap space for 8 other players, assuming we get rid of everyone else on the roster (excluding Chandler and Danilo).

metrocard

Legend
The main focus is trading for Crawford. He's useless in every way possible known to humanity.

Curry can op out, and won't probably even play this season and do a Jerome James.

Randolph has value and will post the best numbers on this roster next to Chandler, Lee and Marbury.

He should be trade bait for now.