GAME 1!!!! Heat vs Knicks Game Thread 10/29

KBlack25

Starter
What will Marbury say after the game
or tommorow after practice to the media???

If he's smart he'll keep his damn mouth shut. If he opens his yapper he's guaranteed not to get minutes, if he doesn't let it bother him maybe D'Antoni will give him a chance...

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
knicks_donnie_walsh_is_paul_beare_2.png

phew. a win. not a bad game. obviously the offense is pretty good but the d's gonna need some work. overall a great showing by dantonis knicks.

JayJ44

Starter
We played really well most of the game. But our defense is really non-exsistent. Also, we had trouble getting shots late in the game. I think Steph would have helped in that respect, but I'm not the coach. Some encouraging signs for the first game of the season.

Akamu

The King
At least we won the first game, a close game against a trashy team is NOT good.

Micheal Beasley didn't do anything spectacular, Shawn Marion has the ugliest shot I ever seen in my life and D-Wade missed a thousand shots.

Let's see what happens the next few games PACE-

TunerAddict

Starter
Anyone else really pissed off at how that game ended?

And I think this is a sign that Marbury is gone. Something is up. Either they are tired of him and want to punish him or they plan on ditching him pretty soon...I was really suprised that he didn't get any grind...

Knicks D was actually decent in the 2nd and 3rd quarters...It just blew inside in the 1st and altogether in the 4th.

Love seeing Danilo in the game, you could tell how nervous he was. Hopefully it got his feet wet to where he can start to build on that and get comfortable playing the the Garden. Seems like a great kid.

GetRealistic

Starter
Kiya damn from all these posts i got a question for ya... Are you a Knicks fan or do you want the team to fail? Cause everything you said was a negitive. We were up by 18 at points during the game and you were still being negative. This team ain't a championship team but we did just win a game and for the most part dominated it.

Also instead of discussing the win and the positives of Duhon, Q, Lee, Zach, and Crawford in spirts were talking about Marbury. He's not in the rotation get over it.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Chandler is the man guys the takeover starts 2day!...good to see Gallo play he'll get a rythm on his shot as the season progresses...whats up with Marbury sitting out i didnt know he did anything to get on D'Antoni's bad side...and we need to improve on our composure we allowed the heat to get back in the game by taking to many jumpshots we played lack-a-dasical thats what probably pissed D'Antoni off the most cause he looked PISSED off during the final minutes...anyways its a good win im excited for the first time in a long time and i love what Chandler is becoming..Nate will find his shot as will Gallo Lee was great with the hustle...and how bout Z-Bo making a statement today...next stop Philly we'll make em 0-2:gony:

TunerAddict

Starter
Crawford seriously needs to work on his fundamentals...His shot selection still sucks and he still hasn't learned theat jumping THEN passing is bad. Very bad. Every game you hear Clyde call it the cardinal sin of passing...But he never learns...

GetRealistic

Starter
OH yea one more thing. We won 23 games last season. So i'll take every win we can get. At this point i'll take the win and worry about the style points later.

We shouldn't have let them back into the game, but i'll take a W.

TunerAddict

Starter
Chandler is the man guys the takeover starts 2day!...good to see Gallo play he'll get a rythm on his shot as the season progresses...whats up with Marbury sitting out i didnt know he did anything to get on D'Antoni's bad side...and we need to improve on our composure we allowed the heat to get back in the game by taking to many jumpshots we played lack-a-dasical thats what probably pissed D'Antoni off the most cause he looked PISSED off during the final minutes...anyways its a good win im excited for the first time in a long time and i love what Chandler is becoming..Nate will find his shot as will Gallo Lee was great with the hustle...and how bout Z-Bo making a statement today...next stop Philly we'll make em 0-2:gony:

Chandler was the MVP tonight....He may not have lead the team in scoring, but he got some timely baskets, hustled the entire game, played decent Defense, and helped energize the team. This kid is an athletic freak. He outplay the guy he is always getting compared to in Shawn Marion.

I really like D's use of Mardy and Q on DWade. They forced him into bad shots. Q didn't play that bad. Should he be starting? No. He should be 7th or 8th off the bench for instant offense and some defense, cause he does seem to have his defensive game back like he did years ago when we used him as our stopper on guys like LeBron and such. Mardy needs to work on dribbling lower because he is havinga tendency to get stripped...His D and decisions making are pretty good, but I wasn't impressed with the majority of his shots...The early drive where he got fouled was good, but later in the game he was tring too hard to create as were all the team. Crawford still drives me crazy with those awful drives of his...Does 4 windmill change layups and shoots a floater that bricks or airballs...He is just lucky Chandler or Lee are there to take care of his mess most of the time...

Even with Crawford leading us in scoring...Was not impressed....Still over dribbled and made bad shots and passes. His spot up shooting was good and that is what he needs to focus on. If he can nail that down and work on his selection he'll be much better for it.

Nate was great energy off the bench. Dribbled too much at the end but it worked out.

The biggest thing I saw in the game was our lack of an inside presence. We need an athletic shot blocker badly. We were gettting pulverized early and were sending them to the line like crazy. We seriously need to make a trade for a legit 7 footer that can blok shots....Darko still available? Thats the kid we need...

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i'd have to say Crawford he was on fire out the gates but then he played really stupid and pissed me off he took 2 many 3's off fastbreaks we need to fix that