Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: GAME 1!!!! Heat vs Knicks Game Thread 10/29

Crawford seriously needs to work on his fundamentals...His shot selection still sucks and he still hasn't learned theat jumping THEN passing is bad. Very bad. Every game you hear Clyde call it the cardinal sin of passing...But he never learns...

OH yea one more thing. We won 23 games last season. So i'll take every win we can get. At this point i'll take the win and worry about the style points later.

We shouldn't have let them back into the game, but i'll take a W.

who won the key matchup?

crawford-29pts(9-19), 4rbs, 4asts, 4to
    wade-27pts(9-24), 7rbs, 9asts, 5to

Originally Posted by DaTPRiNCE
    Chandler is the man guys the takeover starts 2day!...good to see Gallo play he'll get a rythm on his shot as the season progresses...whats up with Marbury sitting out i didnt know he did anything to get on D'Antoni's bad side...and we need to improve on our composure we allowed the heat to get back in the game by taking to many jumpshots we played lack-a-dasical thats what probably pissed D'Antoni off the most cause he looked PISSED off during the final minutes...anyways its a good win im excited for the first time in a long time and i love what Chandler is becoming..Nate will find his shot as will Gallo Lee was great with the hustle...and how bout Z-Bo making a statement today...next stop Philly we'll make em 0-2
    Chandler was the MVP tonight....He may not have lead the team in scoring, but he got some timely baskets, hustled the entire game, played decent Defense, and helped energize the team. This kid is an athletic freak. He outplay the guy he is always getting compared to in Shawn Marion.

I really like D's use of Mardy and Q on DWade. They forced him into bad shots. Q didn't play that bad. Should he be starting? No. He should be 7th or 8th off the bench for instant offense and some defense, cause he does seem to have his defensive game back like he did years ago when we used him as our stopper on guys like LeBron and such. Mardy needs to work on dribbling lower because he is havinga tendency to get stripped...His D and decisions making are pretty good, but I wasn't impressed with the majority of his shots...The early drive where he got fouled was good, but later in the game he was tring too hard to create as were all the team. Crawford still drives me crazy with those awful drives of his...Does 4 windmill change layups and shoots a floater that bricks or airballs...He is just lucky Chandler or Lee are there to take care of his mess most of the time...

Even with Crawford leading us in scoring...Was not impressed....Still over dribbled and made bad shots and passes. His spot up shooting was good and that is what he needs to focus on. If he can nail that down and work on his selection he'll be much better for it.

Nate was great energy off the bench. Dribbled too much at the end but it worked out.

The biggest thing I saw in the game was our lack of an inside presence. We need an athletic shot blocker badly. We were gettting pulverized early and were sending them to the line like crazy. We seriously need to make a trade for a legit 7 footer that can blok shots....Darko still available? Thats the kid we need...

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

i'd have to say Crawford he was on fire out the gates but then he played really stupid and pissed me off he took 2 many 3's off fastbreaks we need to fix that

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    who won the key matchup?

crawford-29pts(9-19), 4rbs, 4asts, 4to
    wade-27pts(9-24), 7rbs, 9asts, 5to

****....That is a close call...Wade made it to the line more but Craw shot a better average...Course Wade plays D....

Could go either way....

carmello anthony is not playin tonight. sorry to say kiyaman, but balkman aint gettin no playin time yet

d'antoni said in his press conference "i know its a tough situation,and he's probably upset, id be upset...theirs two different tracks, ones winning now and one's the future, we're going in two different directions"

seems its as simple as, his contract runs out and he's not going to get resigned, its nothing personal, getovrzit

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Something stupid.

Notice during timeouts, in the huddle, the whole team is up and supporting the team, except Mebury?
    I didnt see the game, so I would like to know if this is true, cause it would be ****ed up that Stephon stays out of the huddle

is it true?

not true

marbury had a arm up before breaks everytime i saw him

he didnt look happy all the time,but he wasnt boycotting the team by any means

far as i saw

Default Positive Talk!

Originally Posted by GetRealistic
    OH yea one more thing. We won 23 games last season. So i'll take every win we can get. At this point i'll take the win and worry about the style points later.

We shouldn't have let them back into the game, but i'll take a W.

Co-sighn!

Alan Houston said it best when we nearly blew a 30 pt lead to Detroit one game "There is no such thing as a demoralizing victory"

Now, I am pissed that we let them off the hook, it reminded me way too much of Isiah's first game as coach. But, I think had we won by 20 we would be thinking we are a lock for the playoffs, the end of the game shows how much work we need.

Now some things I liked!

Alan Houston showed Wilson some things with that J! Wilson hustled hard tonight.

Zach hit some shots when we needed them. He owned Haslem tonight

David looked like a leader out there with his play. I loved the pass to Wilson on the cut

Duhon ran the offense nice when he was out there, knocked down some shots and took the ball to the rack nice a couple of times.

Q seemed to play a lot more under control tonight

Jamal still forced a lot, but all in all he also played more under control.

Danilo's two misses dont concern me, it was just nice to see him out there.

Nate showed a lot of poise with his shot down the stretch, how about 7 ast. 0 TO's!

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD>38</TD><TD>3-6</TD><TD>2-2</TD><TD>1-2</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>9</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    it s that our point guard?
    i know we dont have defense but having no pointguard will hurt us more

Great victory for the knicks iam happy great start. I hope they find marbury playing time he is better than duhon and collins, I hope he finds time in the next game. He deserves it they way he conditioned himself in the offseason

HE.WON'T.

read the above comments

d'antoni has NO intentions of playing him

it seems the pre-season play was to showcase him to other teams

if he didnt play opening game, in any scenario, being up tons, losing the lead, etc. ...d'antoni said he needs to cut the rotation down one still, "10 is too many really, 9's where we need to be at"

jefferies will take roses spot in the line up come january, collins wont get much time, and that'll be that until a trade in the future or next season when contracts expire and we draft

Banned

Great win! And no Mabury, this is the start of some thing new, and I like it!!