Which Knick Will Be The Biggest Disappointment Of The 08-09 Season?

Which Knick will disappoint us most?

• Chandler

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D'Antoni

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Duhon

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Gallinari

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Lee

• Randolph

• Crawford

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters
I was considering going with Duhon but I just can't shake this bad feeling I have about Gallinari. I think about recent Knick history, Andrea Bargnani who's a worse version of Sam Perkins, how he's got a bad back at the age of 19 and I sense disaster.

I hope I'm wrong.

I included D'Antoni in this poll because I think most people expect him to be a good coach.

I didn't include Marbury in either poll because nothing he does should surprise us anymore and I don't think there is a possible way of him disappointing us more than he has already. Most importantly he is irrelevant as he'll be off the team sooner or later.

I picked Jamal Crawford. All the so called are all over his nuts saying he'll benefit the most of anybody on this team from the system Dantoni brings, but if you look deeper and actually analyze crawfords game you'll realize he probably doesn't really fit in as well as they say. This system requires ball movement and Crawford is a ball stopper. Seems the only way he can score if takes a couple dribbles first to get into rythm. And offense aside this dude doesn't play a lick of defense. I can easily see average sgs averaging more that 15 ppg agaisnt him.

LOIOSH30

Benchwarmer
I picked Crawford also, I think everyone expects him to thrive in this system and I just don't see it. I think he'll be further exposed for all his weaknesses, and wouldn't be suprised if he is either traded, or not starting by the deadline...

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Crawford is gonna have a decent year meaning16 ppg...and as usual not much else..he could likely be traded by mid-season so his minutes will go down and Marb's could be the starting sg

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Im not expectin much from crawford, he cant disappoint me. I think Lee will have a good year but he might not be able to live up to my expectations...I'd like to see him get 15 and 11

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks biggest Disappointment will be the lost of the Tazman energy in Dantoni's system.

I must write this down.
The Denver Nuggets will be one of the top 6 teams in the NBA league this season.

The Denver Nuggets did not think twice about snatching our defensive uptempo hustling Tazman (Balkman) to add to their roster and rotation.
They may have traded Camby for just a 2nd round pick, but they replaced Camby defensive & rebounding prowness in the paint by welcoming back Chris Andersen crazy (Rodman type) rebounding and shotblocking.
The Nuggets scorers "AI, JR, Melo, and Kleinza" are free to play no defense for the first three quarters this season of each game.

If coach Byron Scott did not get Posey to sign with New Orleans, he would have kept Chris Andersen.

jzero29

Rotation player
hard question

I picked Jamal Crawford. All the so called are all over his nuts saying he'll benefit the most of anybody on this team from the system Dantoni brings, but if you look deeper and actually analyze crawfords game you'll realize he probably doesn't really fit in as well as they say. This system requires ball movement and Crawford is a ball stopper. Seems the only way he can score if takes a couple dribbles first to get into rythm. And offense aside this dude doesn't play a lick of defense. I can easily see average sgs averaging more that 15 ppg agaisnt him.

I picked Crawford also, I think everyone expects him to thrive in this system and I just don't see it. I think he'll be further exposed for all his weaknesses, and wouldn't be suprised if he is either traded, or not starting by the deadline...

I disagree....

We don't expect shit from Curry so he won't be a disappointment...He'll be what we expected...Shit
I agree which is also why I couldn't pick crawford, because I don't think he'll be good anyway, so it's hard to disapoint,
I picked zack, because he's been playing well, and when they keep losing, I see him reverting. Disapointing.

Starks

Starter
The Knicks biggest Disappointment will be the lost of the Tazman energy in Dantoni's system.

I must write this down.
The Denver Nuggets will be one of the top 6 teams in the NBA league this season.

The Denver Nuggets did not think twice about snatching our defensive uptempo hustling Tazman (Balkman) to add to their roster and rotation.
They may have traded Camby for just a 2nd round pick, but they replaced Camby defensive & rebounding prowness in the paint by welcoming back Chris Andersen crazy (Rodman type) rebounding and shotblocking.
The Nuggets scorers "AI, JR, Melo, and Kleinza" are free to play no defense for the first three quarters this season of each game.

If coach Byron Scott did not get Posey to sign with New Orleans, he would have kept Chris Andersen.

Trust me, Balkman will no effect on the western conf power rankings.

Paul1355

All Star
This isn't a good poll because all of those guys can impress this year.

The names up their should be Q Rich, Marbury, and Curry....

Marbury I think will do great but some people have doubts about him breaking out.

Q Rich should be benched he is doing so bad.

Curry is a joke.

Curry is the #1 disappointment.

Out of the poll I, picked Crawford because Marbury might take his starting spot at SG.

metrocard

Legend
Kiyaman, Anderson will replace Camby???

I actually did my research...and you're not wrong.

Andersen's per 36 numbers are IMPRESSIVE

3 blocks per game
11 rebounds
10 points

Thats pretty solid

Balkman is a 10/10 with 2 steals and 1.5 blocks in 36 minutes.

So Denver has two very solid defenders/rebounders to replace Camby.

Damn, just when I thought Kiyaman had it wrong, the man turns out to be valid once again.

The state of the Nuggets depends on the health of Nene and Martin, both actually good defenders.

Iverson should be traded...he doesn't fit, they need a 3pt shooting PG...

Smith, Iverson, Anthony are all scoring machines...Anthony Carter is a C level PG...and Nuggets don't have any dominant big men.

That doesn't add up to a lot of success in the Western Conference.

Kiyaman

Legend
Kiyaman, Anderson will replace Camby???

I actually did my research...and you're not wrong.

Andersen's per 36 numbers are IMPRESSIVE

3 blocks per game
11 rebounds
10 points

Thats pretty solid

Balkman is a 10/10 with 2 steals and 1.5 blocks in 36 minutes.

So Denver has two very solid defenders/rebounders to replace Camby.

Damn, just when I thought Kiyaman had it wrong, the man turns out to be valid once again.

The state of the Nuggets depends on the health of Nene and Martin, both actually good defenders.

Iverson should be traded...he doesn't fit, they need a 3pt shooting PG...

Smith, Iverson, Anthony are all scoring machines...Anthony Carter is a C level PG...and Nuggets don't have any dominant big men.

That doesn't add up to a lot of success in the Western Conference.

I was listening to all the NBA analysis on NBA TV and ESPN predict the Denver Nuggets to be a 9th and 10th seeded team this season.
Mainly on the loss of Camby & Najera

This offseason the Nuggets did a nice quiet "subtracting & adding" to their roster, they did not add any bigname players, they added three players that want to win games.
Picking up Smush Parker will make Carter & Atkins performance improve.
Picking up Chris Andersen will make Nene & K-Mart stop hate-ing on each other.
Picking up Balkman allows Denver to play fast small-ball.
They are still a 50 rebounding team that will only give oponents one-shot at the basket.

Coach Karl never was any good at coaching in the playoffs but he knows how to coach a winning regular season.

Kiyaman

Legend
Trust me, Balkman will no effect on the western conf power rankings.

Starks, dont tell me that you did'nt imagine the 2nd unit lineup in any of these preseason games consisting of "Marbury, Nate, Chandler, and Balkman" comming off the bench.

If Dantoni said Jefferies was a good suprise could you imagine what he would have said about the Tazman performance alongside of Nate & Chandler.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I think Chris Duhon is going to be the most disappointing knick. D'Antoni, as well as a lot of people on this site are expecting the 5 points per game, 38.7% shooting Duhon to lead this team to a 30+ win season. Unless Stephon Marbury and Wilson Chandler are inserted into the starting lineup (in place of Duhon and Richardson) the Knicks will be lucky to win 23 games.

portega1968

El Cacique
Starks, dont tell me that you did'nt imagine the 2nd unit lineup in any of these preseason games consisting of "Marbury, Nate, Chandler, and Balkman" comming off the bench.

If Dantoni said Jefferies was a good suprise could you imagine what he would have said about the Tazman performance alongside of Nate & Chandler.

I don't know what's worse... watching EddieCurrysCancer deny he's really GetRealistic or watching Kiya mention the Tazman once again.

Last I heard Balkman is gonna be left out of Denver's rotation.

I repeat... Eddy Curry already IS the biggest dissapointment after coming in unprepared for DAntoni's offense.

Last edited:
This isn't a good poll because all of those guys can impress this year.

The names up their should be Q Rich, Marbury, and Curry....

Marbury I think will do great but some people have doubts about him breaking out.

Q Rich should be benched he is doing so bad.

Curry is a joke.

Curry is the #1 disappointment.

Out of the poll I, picked Crawford because Marbury might take his starting spot at SG.

In order to be disappointing you would have to be expected to be good. Q. Rich, Curry and Steph can not be any worse than they were last year.