Cavs and Pistons interested in Randolph

metrocard

Legend
http://blog.mlive.com/fullcourtpress/2008/10/detroit_pistons_interested_in.html

And yesterday it didn't sound as if the phone were ringing off the hook. "People call and they're trying to see what you're doing," Walsh said. "It's not that hot, I wouldn't say that. But there are conversations going on."

Most teams with any interest in the Knicks' players are in observation mode right now, according to some NBA team executives. For instance, the Cleveland Cavaliers and Detroit Pistons are believed to be monitoring Zach Randolph, who has played very well so far, but his contract ($48 million left over three years) still compromises the Knicks' 2010 plan.

With Rasheed Wallace having an absolutely horrible preseason and in the last year of his contract, perhaps Dumars is willing to provide New York with a little cap relief in exchange for Zach Randolph. Although pairing Randolph with the young and inexperienced Amir Johnson may be a risk, it may be riskier allowing the Cavaliers acquiring Randolph's services and leaping ahead of Detroit in the Central.

Not really a strong article, but this is good for open discussion.

I would do(fair, both reasonable deals for both teams)

Rasheed for Zach works.

Detroit gets an offensive presence inside who would fit in with their half court offense.

Knicks get a PF who can spread the floor and play defense...something none of our bigs can do.

Plus, Rasheed expires, and this is a major plus for the Knicks.

With Cleveland

This should be our goal:

Get all expiring contracts; ,Snow, Wally and Wallace who expires in 2010.

Knicks trade
Randolph
Crawford
Richardson
Jefferies

Cavs trade
Wallace
Zscerbiak
Snow

Cleveland
PG - Williams/West/Gibson
SG - Crawford/Palvovic/Kinsey
SF - James/Richardson/Jefferies
PF - Randolph/Hickson
C - Ilgaukaus/Varejao/Wright

Cleveland gets two 20 ppg scorers...huge help for Lebron, along with their new scoring PG in Williams. That should be enough offensive firepower to take pressure off Lebron and take Cleveland to the next level.

With that...I would offer OKC

Curry

for

Smith
Mason
Serge Ibaka

or

something...Curry is so useless to this point who knows what trade value he has.

or do Curry/Lee for Camby..iono, Curry sucks so bad.

Line up for the Knicks if we pull off that Cleveland deal

Guard1 - Duhon/Snow
Guard2 - Marbury/Robinson
Point F - Gallinari/Wally
Wing F - Chandler/Ewing
PF/C - Lee/Wallace

Run a 4 - 1 offense...preform successfully and have cap flexibility.

New New York

Quiet Storm
The Rasheed deal is ideal, immediate cap relief this off season while getting a player who can be productive while players like Wilson and Danillo are brought along. I've also heard that Detroit has interest in Zach, but I never got it considering they have Maxiel, maybe they veiw him more as a role player type. So this would be the ideal move for The Knicks and hopefully the descripency in talent is enough to keep them from asking for a pick.

Now with The Cavs

I proposed Zach and Jamal to Clev. atleast 10 times this summer, and I think it could be a good move for both teams (them talent wise, us cap wise). But, I can't see them taking on Jared Jefferies and Q's contracts. That's 35 million more in cap over the next three seasons for two players who struggle offensively to say the least. Now, they could be help on the defensive end, but not enough to nulify their shooting. But again Zach and Jamal to Clev. makes them instant Title contenders, and makes our future very bright

I've been against trading Lee just to move Eddy, but in the event we could get Marcus Camby I'd have to say it would be intriguing. The risk ofcourse is in Marcus' age and injury woes, but, he would certainly fill a major void, and he can run as good as any big man in the league.

metrocard

Legend
Coach Brown would make Richardson and Jefferies into the defenders they've been known to be; Cleveland could actually utilize both of those guys, don't think so black and white.

The best deal for us is trading Randolph, but also letting go of Crawford along with Randolph...

The main targets are
Crawford
Curry
Richardson
Jefferies
Randolph

Once they're gone, we're free.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
SMH @ Paul's statement

I thought Paul supported winning. I guess he wants the Knicks to win a franchise low 22 games, with Chris Duhon and Quentin Richardson as starters.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Coach Brown would make Richardson and Jefferies into the defenders they've been known to be; Cleveland could actually utilize both of those guys, don't think so black and white.

The best deal for us is trading Randolph, but also letting go of Crawford along with Randolph...

The main targets are
Crawford
Curry
Richardson
Jefferies
Randolph

Once they're gone, we're free.

I agree that Mike Brown could use them effectively, but they are expensive for the type of role they would be playing. Boston doesnt win the Title without players like House, PJ Brown etc. which is what type of role Jefferies and Q would have with Clev, but you just don't shell out 14 million for that sought of role. IMHO

The main targets to me are still the three headed Zeke Monster

Randolph
Curry
Crawford

It would be nice to move all three but a combination of Zach and another is cool. But like you pointed out earlier there might be more chance at Eddy beating Micheal Phelps in 100m Breast Stroke than us making a deal for him. I just keep hoping his deminished role will prompt him to bounce to Europe next summer.

Now back to Zach and Jamal, I like them both but I envision them both as players who push an already good team (ie. Clev) over the top, similar to Rasheed Wallace and what he did for the Pistions, but theyre not players you build with or around. So that is the reason they need to go

metrocard

Legend
I see Cavs as a top 3 team in the East with Boston and Orlando, they could afford expensive contracts. But you made a good point about Boston role players having cheap contracts.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
^ i agree with your top 3 teams i would say philly but they could overtake orlando but they gonna adjust to their new offensive style....anyways i would wanna trade Randolph to the Pistons for Wallace or try to get Maxiell instead...we got like the most expensive bench players in the league lmao

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I think detroit will be a top 3 team...until the playoffs. I think it might be clevelands year...if anyones takin out the celtics i think its the cavs. If Gibson didnt get hurt and miss game 7, the smellshits might not be the champs right now. Orlando will be tough too....Dwight howard is a beast. I look forward to watchin him son that old man kevin Garlic

New New York

Quiet Storm
Well lets say that Clevland landed Zach and Jamal, for sure they are the toughest team in the Conference. In fact I cant see a team in the league taken them out in a series. But ofcourse that puts us in perfect position to go after Lebron in two years, and if The Cavs start winning that may be enough to keep Lebron from wanting to leave. One GM would end up looking really stupid, and the other would end up looking like GM of The Year.

A little off the subject, but doesnt Kobe have an option to test the market soon?

JayJ44

Starter
A little off the subject, but doesnt Kobe have an option to test the market soon?

Yes, he can opt out after this season for the 2009-2010 season. Who knows what will happen by then, but one would think he would want either stay or re-sign with the Lakers.

JayJ44

Starter
I forgot to say that i would trade z-bo for rasheed without thinkin about it

For sure, Sheed can score and rebound just as well as Zach and his defense is SO much better than Zach's.

The Cavs trade is good because it gets rid of almost all of our crappy contracts, but we take a small step down in talent. But it's probably the best we could get for them. I would make either of them, but I would prefer the Detroit trade.

jpz17

Starter
this is what pistons fans say:

There
were some reports over the summer that the Knicks were looking to deal
Randolph, and the Pistons were one of the teams mentioned, but nothing
much ever came of it. Reports out of New York are saying the Pistons
and the Cavaliers are both scouting the Knicks and watching how
Randolph performs.

October 24, Newsday:
Even with yesterday's cuts - Houston, whose second comeback attempt
unceremoniously ended, has accepted a player development role with the
team - the Knicks still have 16 players on the roster, one more than
the NBA limit. They have until Monday to finalize the roster and will
have to eat one of the guaranteed contracts to make the last cut unless
Walsh can work a two-for-one or one-for-draft pick trade before then.
And yesterday it didn't sound as if the phone were ringing off the
hook. "People call and they're trying to see what you're doing," Walsh
said. "It's not that hot, I wouldn't say that. But there are
conversations going on."

Most teams with any interest in the Knicks' players are in
observation mode right now, according to some NBA team executives. For
instance, the Cleveland Cavaliers and Detroit Pistons are believed to
be monitoring Zach Randolph, who has played very well so far, but his
contract ($48 million left over three years) still compromises the
Knicks' 2010 plan.

With
Rasheed Wallace having an absolutely horrible preseason and in the last
year of his contract, perhaps Dumars is willing to provide New York
with a little cap relief in exchange for Zach Randolph. Although
pairing Randolph with the young and inexperienced Amir Johnson may be a
risk, it may be riskier allowing the Cavaliers acquiring Randolph's
services and leaping ahead of Detroit in the Central.

from pistonstalk.com

Paul1355

All Star
this is what pistons fans say:

There
were some reports over the summer that the Knicks were looking to deal
Randolph, and the Pistons were one of the teams mentioned, but nothing
much ever came of it. Reports out of New York are saying the Pistons
and the Cavaliers are both scouting the Knicks and watching how
Randolph performs.

October 24, Newsday:
Even with yesterday's cuts - Houston, whose second comeback attempt
unceremoniously ended, has accepted a player development role with the
team - the Knicks still have 16 players on the roster, one more than
the NBA limit. They have until Monday to finalize the roster and will
have to eat one of the guaranteed contracts to make the last cut unless
Walsh can work a two-for-one or one-for-draft pick trade before then.
And yesterday it didn't sound as if the phone were ringing off the
hook. "People call and they're trying to see what you're doing," Walsh
said. "It's not that hot, I wouldn't say that. But there are
conversations going on."

Most teams with any interest in the Knicks' players are in
observation mode right now, according to some NBA team executives. For
instance, the Cleveland Cavaliers and Detroit Pistons are believed to
be monitoring Zach Randolph, who has played very well so far, but his
contract ($48 million left over three years) still compromises the
Knicks' 2010 plan.
With
Rasheed Wallace having an absolutely horrible preseason and in the last
year of his contract, perhaps Dumars is willing to provide New York
with a little cap relief in exchange for Zach Randolph. Although
pairing Randolph with the young and inexperienced Amir Johnson may be a
risk, it may be riskier allowing the Cavaliers acquiring Randolph's
services and leaping ahead of Detroit in the Central.

from pistonstalk.com

Trade deadline seems about the right time that teams, like the Pistons, will make a move towards Zach. Been saying it for some time about Zach and the trade deadline. He can;t stay and he is impressing so far.

Sooner or later this year, he will go.

paris401

Starter
Trade deadline seems about the right time that teams, like the Pistons, will make a move towards Zach. Been saying it for some time about Zach and the trade deadline. He can;t stay and he is impressing so far.

Sooner or later this year, he will go.

gotta disagree... not this year, maybe next tho i doubt then too, i think the following year.

48m is a lot of $$$ for nba teams (excepting a couple) to swallow...

Paul1355

All Star
gotta disagree... not this year, maybe next tho i doubt then too, i think the following year.

48m is a lot of $$$ for nba teams (excepting a couple) to swallow...

yea but he will make more in the next two years then this year. Does a guy's contract sound bad when it is 14 mil or 17 mil? Zach's contract increases every year.

If he plays like he has been in the pre season and doesn't cause problems on or off the court, he will be traded. Unless he does so good that the Knicks want to keep him but that is doubtful with his contract.

paris401

Starter
yea but he will make more in the next two years then this year. Does a guy's contract sound bad when it is 14 mil or 17 mil? Zach's contract increases every year.

If he plays like he has been in the pre season and doesn't cause problems on or off the court, he will be traded. Unless he does so good that the Knicks want to keep him but that is doubtful with his contract.

hey i hope u are rite... but those $$$$ around his neck are like an anchor...