Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: KnicksOnline Fantasy Basketball 08-09 Season

Originally Posted by jpz17
    I agree with all of that except the stats, you gotta admit KG owns him on stats. Even though Duncan is much better
    Do I?

KG is a better passer but thats where the comparisons end. Duncan averages more blocks, rebounds, points, and his fg% is better for there career averages and playoff averages. Duncans just straight up a better player.

Originally Posted by jpz17
    I agree with all of that except the stats, you gotta admit KG owns him on stats. Even though Duncan is much better
    Career stats:

KG: .494 FG %, 20.4 Points/game, 11.2 Reb/Game, 4.4 Assists/Game, 1.7 Blk/Game

TD: .508 FG%, 21.6 Points/game, 11.8 Reb/Game, 3.1 Assists/Game, 2.4 Blk/Game

Originally Posted by SpursFan4Life
    Career stats:

KG: .494 FG %, 20.4 Points/game, 11.2 Reb/Game, 4.4 Assists/Game, 1.7 Blk/Game

TD: .508 FG%, 21.6 Points/game, 11.8 Reb/Game, 3.1 Assists/Game, 2.4 Blk/Game
    good post and whenever you guys play the celtics i hope to see tim duncan embarrass that crackhead garnett. Duncan is already considered the greatest power forward of all time, garnett will have to settle for 2nd

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    good post and whenever you guys play the celtics i hope to see tim duncan embarrass that crackhead garnett. Duncan is already considered the greatest power forward of all time, garnett will have to settle for 2nd
    I hope so too. Garnett is such a bitch. He told Duncan "Happy Mother's Day" once when they played on Mother's Day. Only problem is Garnett knew Duncan's mother had passed away.

I hope so too. Garnett is such a bitch. He told Duncan "Happy Mother's Day" once when they played on Mother's Day. Only problem is Garnett knew Duncan's mother had passed away.
    Thats real ****ed up. I wanna see someone lay out garnett again like peeler did

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    Thats real ****ed up. I wanna see someone lay out garnett again like peeler did

haha that gif is awesome.

I like this one too

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by portega1968
    Carlos is playing with Tel Aviv... he wouldve been good in this offense.
    Carlos Arroyo is the man...he's going to be a superstar on one of the best teams in the Euroleague. He was one of the best pick and roll PG's in the NBA.

Orlando is ****ed with Jameer Nelson who hasn't gotten better since his rookie season. Dude is garbage and Turk is the best PG on that team. Nelson is a 5"11 PG.

Hows everything in PR brother?

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Carlos Arroyo is the man...he's going to be a superstar on one of the best teams in the Euroleague. He was one of the best pick and roll PG's in the NBA.

Orlando is ****ed with Jameer Nelson who hasn't gotten better since his rookie season. Dude is garbage and Turk is the best PG on that team. Nelson is a 5"11 PG.

Hows everything in PR brother?
    LMAO. You're joking right?

12th man

LMAO. You're joking right?
    Spurs are old and done, with the worst bench in the NBA.

Arroyo has shown his skills to perfect the pick and roll, learning from the best in Utah from John Stockton and Mark Jackson.

Arroyo has shown his skills to perfect the pick and roll, learning from the best in Utah from John Stockton and Mark Jackson.
    True that. Whenever he played for Puerto Rico in international tournaments you could see his talent. He never got a real chance to proof that he could be a starting point guard. You just have to hide him on defense, but you have to do the same with Nash.

Spurs are old and done, with the worst bench in the NBA.
    I'll take my chances that you're wrong. You probably have no idea they've been without 4 guys who are supposed to contribute heavily this year. Still not sure what that has to do with Arroyo sucking worse than your mom on my dick last night.

I guess that's why he's not in the league anymore and could barely get off the bench anywhere he played.

12th man

Carlos Arroyo is a C+ PG and A+ International player; he's one of the most flashiest PG's in the NBA, he has a lot of fans outside PR.

Quote from Magic fan
    Arroyo should be in the starting lineup and this I can prove with stats.

6 games
    26.8mpg
    12.3ppg
    4.2Apg
    2Rpg
    57.4fg%

He came off the bench 22 games and hes started 6 games. In the 6 games that he started he showed that he is clearly better then the overrated Jameer Nelson. Orlando, whoever the gm is has to be the dumbest gm after Isiah. Arroyo should be gettin 40 minutes a game, anyone who watches the Magic knows this.

I'll be honest, I dont watch every Magic game. I watch them when the Knicks arent on because Im a Dwight Howard fan. From what I see they really need to trade Jameer for a shooting guard. Im not sure what there waiting for but Arroyo can ball and how often do you here his name mentioned? Him and Marbury are possibly the 2 most underrated point guards in the league and I'll admit Marbury was overrated at one point but now it seems like everyone hates him and he doesnt get credit for nothin. All I wanna see is him get credit for the way he played last year and Arroyo deserves to be recognized as a point guard who should be starting, end of discussion.

Arroyo has had a roller coaster career in his basketball career. Getting injured before the draft left him to being undrafted, and going to Spain for a couple of months.

After being undrafted, Carlos Arroyo received an invitation by the Toronto Raptors. The Raptors already had their 15 man roster set, but the kid impressed them enough to make Toronto trade two of their players to have a space for him in the opening day roster.

Then he went to Denver where he started 1 out of 20 games, and after that he played 3rd string PG behind John Stockton and Mark Jackson, two hall of fame PG's.

a matured PG next season, Arroyo became the starter for a Utah Jazz team who almost made the playoffs in their first season playing without Stockon and Malone. Arroyo averaged 12.6 ppg and 5 assist in 28 minutes. He was considered a top 20 PG at the time.

The next season, Arroyo was set back by injuries and not seeing eye to eye with Sloan, this led to deal to Detroit. I don't see anyone starting over Billups, so go figure.

Anyway, Arroyo is an adequate PG at best, he has limitations but will be in the NBA for a while because of his experience, size, talent and craftiness with the ball.

I'll quote a Magic fan from the Orlandomagic.com forum

Quote:

Originally posted by fishybashi:
    No, seriously, I have seen in the last few games that an offense run by Arroyo allows for more involvement of the players around him. Yes, Nelson had a good game today. He scored a lot of points, but towards the end of the 4th quarter he was not getting his players involved. We lived and died by those shots he made. If any of those shots failed to get in, we would have lost the game.

My simple point is this: We have a legitimate floor general with Carlos Arroyo, so we need to utilize his skills as such to maximize the return for this young Orlando Magic team.

I admit things can easily change in the NBA, but for the time being we need to continue starting Arroyo so he can gel with the other starters.

Jameer as a spark off the bench will be huge for us in the long run, as he was today for the Bulls. I just felt that if Arroyo had come back to lead the team in the 4th, we would have never lost that 4th quarter lead. My opinion, no crystal glass ball here.

The Magic won, which is all that matters in the long run. I hope they realize how to most effectively use our 2 PGs, of whom I feel Arroyo would be better utilized with the starting unit.
    Originally posted by Kramer:
    I have observed that Carlos Arroyo plays excellent defense. He is smart and does things correctly. He may not pressure the ball well but he can burst through screens and closes out on three point shooters rather well. Also isn't constantly helping like the rest of the team.

Arroyo is now the star of one of the best Euroleague teams in the world.

Spurs aren't a threat.

Their 3rd best player is Roger Mason, NBDL talent.

They have the worst bench in the NBA, healthy or unhealthy.

They're not a top 4-5 Western Conference team, wouldn't be suprised if they miss the playoffs too. Ginobili is injury prone and the way Duncan plays, I wouldn't be surprised if his nerdy b8tch made ass goes out with an injury too.

Their best scorer is a score first PG with no 3pt range.
    Jacque Vaughn - worst back up PG in the NBA.
    Roger Mason - 3rd best player on the Spurs right now who wouldn't even make the Knicks summerleague team.
    Bruce Bowen - almost 40, and really the best scrub on this team. Does not do anything else except spot up shooting and man to man defense. One of the worst rebounders, passers, shot creation and overall athletes in the NBA. Low quality NBA player that has made a career of playing homothug defense.
    Ime Udoka - had an okay year in Portland, back to his scrub level with the spurs
    Desmon Farmer - 27 year old NBA sophmore who has a career shooting percentage of 33% and 20% 3pt...6"5 undersized small forward with not much skill, potential, experience or hope.
    Matt Bonner - spot 3pt shooter who can't rebound, move, defend, pass, or anything else besides spot up 3pt shooter. Low quality player.
    Anthony Tolliver - who has heard of this guy?
    Ian Mahinmi - another french center bust, unproven scrub who hasn't even done good in Europe.
    George Hill? He went to IUIPI or whatever, hasn't proven a damn thing in summerleague or preseason, was drafted too high by most scouts.

Spurs had their little run in the late 90s and early 00s, now their time is now done.

Plus, since the f*ck when Spurs had fans? They win, but still will be known as the boring NBA team in the history of basketball.

You took the L man, Spurs fan trolling on the best Knicks forum?

Heres this video to end this ether.

Uhm, metro...chill with the 1999 NBA Finals references...the Knicks lost that one.

12th man

lol, stupid white boy; that wasn't the point. Spurs were suppose to sweep the Knicks and failed epically...Knicks were an injured team that pushed the Spurs to the limit.

The series would of gone to game 7 if Sprewell hit that shot in game 5, all that momentum would of carried over to game 6 for the victory.

Damn, you're a fake *ss Knick fan, what a shame.

Enjoy the fantasy league though

LMAOOOOOOOOOOO.

Carlos Arroyo is a C+ PG and A+ International player; he's one of the most flashiest PG's in the NBA, he has a lot of fans outside PR.

Quote from Magic fan

Arroyo has had a roller coaster career in his basketball career. Getting injured before the draft left him to being undrafted, and going to Spain for a couple of months.

After being undrafted, Carlos Arroyo received an invitation by the Toronto Raptors. The Raptors already had their 15 man roster set, but the kid impressed them enough to make Toronto trade two of their players to have a space for him in the opening day roster.

Then he went to Denver where he started 1 out of 20 games, and after that he played 3rd string PG behind John Stockton and Mark Jackson, two hall of fame PG's.
    Yes because by that time Mark Jackson was a top 30 PG...

a matured PG next season, Arroyo became the starter for a Utah Jazz team who almost made the playoffs in their first season playing without Stockon and Malone. Arroyo averaged 12.6 ppg and 5 assist in 28 minutes. He was considered a top 20 PG at the time.

The next season, Arroyo was set back by injuries and not seeing eye to eye with Sloan, this led to deal to Detroit. I don't see anyone starting over Billups, so go figure.

Anyway, Arroyo is an adequate PG at best, he has limitations but will be in the NBA for a while because of his experience, size, talent and craftiness with the ball.

I'll quote a Magic fan from the Orlandomagic.com forum
    Adequate at BEST.

Spurs aren't a threat.
    Tell that to the Lakers

Their 3rd best player is Roger Mason
    This is probably true while Manu is out...as long as you qualify this and say "3rd best player on offense". Mason shot 4-7 against Shaq and the Suns and 6-7 against Aldridge and the big lineup of the Blazers. He's a pretty damn good 3rd or 4th option. If you're honestly saying you wouldn't want him for the price, then you're dumber than you sound.
    They have the worst bench in the NBA, healthy or unhealthy.
    lol how the hell would you know? Do you know how Ian Mahinmi or George Hill will play? Are you Nostra-Freakin-Damus? I don't think so.

They're not a top 4-5 Western Conference team, wouldn't be suprised if they miss the playoffs too. Ginobili is injury prone and the way Duncan plays, I wouldn't be surprised if his nerdy b8tch made ass goes out with an injury too.
    I wouldn't be surprised if you ate paint chips as a kid. This is a team (minus Brent Barry and Robert Horry...two young whippersnappers) that went to the Western Conference Finals last year. If Manu is healthy who knows what happens. I feel like I'm wasting my time trying to use reason on you.

Their best scorer is a score first PG with no 3pt range.
    Since when do PGs need three point range? Parker creates points whether he gets to the lane and scores or frees up his teammates. I think Duncan might also have something to say about TP being the best scorer...moron.
    Jacque Vaughn - worst back up PG in the NBA.
    I guess it's a good thing George Hill was drafted.
    Roger Mason - 3rd best player on the Spurs right now who wouldn't even make the Knicks summerleague team.
    You're right. He's an above average role player who isn't getting paid $15 million a year. No place on the Knicks.
    Bruce Bowen - almost 40, and really the best scrub on this team. Does not do anything else except spot up shooting and man to man defense. One of the worst rebounders, passers, shot creation and overall athletes in the NBA. Low quality NBA player that has made a career of playing homothug defense.
    I guess Kobe, LeBron, TMac, and every other premiere guard in the league is wrong then when they say he's the best man defender in the league. He's losing a step but that's why Ime Udoka was signed. Which brings me to your next idiotic point...
    Ime Udoka - had an okay year in Portland, back to his scrub level with the spurs
    Define scrub level for me please. Is it making $20 million a year and not even playing?
    Desmon Farmer - 27 year old NBA sophmore who has a career shooting percentage of 33% and 20% 3pt...6"5 undersized small forward with not much skill, potential, experience or hope.
    That's why he's at the end of the bench.
    Matt Bonner - spot 3pt shooter who can't rebound, move, defend, pass, or anything else besides spot up 3pt shooter. Low quality player.
    I love your definitions. I guess spot up 3 point shooters count for nothing, especially when they're bench players. You're an idiot.
    Anthony Tolliver - who has heard of this guy?
    Excellent logic. Because no one has heard of him he must suck.
    Ian Mahinmi - another french center bust, unproven scrub who hasn't even done good in Europe.
    Either he's unproven or he's a bust. Pick one.
    George Hill? He went to IUIPI or whatever, hasn't proven a damn thing in summerleague or preseason, was drafted too high by most scouts.
    How the hell would you know? Did you watch the summer league games or preseason?

Spurs had their little run in the late 90s and early 00s, now their time is now done.
    THEY WON THE TITLE 2 YEARS AGO MORON

Plus, since the f*ck when Spurs had fans? They win, but still will be known as the boring NBA team in the history of basketball.
    Ah the "boring" argument. I'd rather have a boring team that wins 4 championships than an "exciting" team that wins 0 (sounds familiar...if you think exciting is Isiah sitting there with his hands on his face). It's the same tired argument commentators like Mark Jackson use. I guess arguably the fastest PG in the league and the sixth man of the year (widely regarded as one of the best SGs in the league) are boring. Whatever you say.

You took the L man, Spurs fan trolling on the best Knicks forum?
    I took the L? I love it how you type like you're some badass. I'm not trolling. You're just an idiot.

Yeah man that is damn amazing. How did that series end by the way?