Hey Donnie just cut Jerome and keep Ewing and Robertson

New New York

Quiet Storm
Look I know Donnie is against cutting a player a check to let him go. I know the idea of having a player on your payroll who is not playing is pretty damn stupid. But news flash....Jerome James is on our team's payroll and guess what....he is not playing! If Donnie really believes that Robertson and Ewing have a place on this team then that is more than what could be said for Jerome! Yes in essance it's like getting Ewing and Robertson for 14 million (their salaries, plus what is still owed to Jerome) but if they each play in 4 games this season they will have given more production than Jerome would've for sure. Now the only benefit in keeping Snacks is that next season Jerome represents a expiring contract which is a trading chip, but since Walsh's mission is to get under cap the season after next I doubt he utilizes any expiring contract next year.

Bottom line....Regardless if we cut Jerome James or not either way we are paying for absolutley nothing!

Just imagine if Ewing gets cut after an outing like Friday just to watch Jerome on the bench for another season.

JayJ44

Starter
I would be extremely mad at Donnie if he cuts Ewing or Roberson, and doesn't cut James. He's gonna play the same amount of minutes whether we cut him or not, so why can't we have a roster spot for young kid with potential.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
^ agreed donnie should just cut Jerome James....im pretty sure Ewing earned a spot on the team after his preformance on friday he provided a spark off the bench and got us going and we almost came back...another thing about Jerome James he definetly wont play this year if Curry isnt going to play till he gets into shape and he is in better shape than James so Jerome will never see the bench let alone the court

New New York

Quiet Storm
Numbers don't lie!

Projected stats for the three players

Jerome James:

1.9 ppg 1.3 rebs. .4 blks .400 fg% 4 games played (at best)

Ewing:

3.5 ppg 2.3 rebs .8 blks .420 fg% 26 games played

Robertson:

3.3 ppg. 1.1 ast .380 3pct. .430 fg% 19 games played

Look Donnie needs to not worry about money in this case and focus on who is going to help the team the most of the three. Imagine how pissed Pat Sr. will be to see his son get cut over the worst player in franchise history...and I mean that literally, I think Jerome James is the worst player in franchise history

DunkinDonuts

Benchwarmer
Why did the Knicks bother signing Roberson in the first place? Everything he could do.... any guard on the Knicks could do better.

Paul1355

All Star
Look I know Donnie is against cutting a player a check to let him go. I know the idea of having a player on your payroll who is not playing is pretty damn stupid. But news flash....Jerome James is on our team's payroll and guess what....he is not playing! If Donnie really believes that Robertson and Ewing have a place on this team then that is more than what could be said for Jerome! Yes in essance it's like getting Ewing and Robertson for 14 million (their salaries, plus what is still owed to Jerome) but if they each play in 4 games this season they will have given more production than Jerome would've for sure. Now the only benefit in keeping Snacks is that next season Jerome represents a expiring contract which is a trading chip, but since Walsh's mission is to get under cap the season after next I doubt he utilizes any expiring contract next year.

Bottom line....Regardless if we cut Jerome James or not either way we are paying for absolutley nothing!

Just imagine if Ewing gets cut after an outing like Friday just to watch Jerome on the bench for another season.

I'm still surprised why he isn't cut yet. Walsh must see him as able to play some time this year. He is a definite need, no doubt about it. A 7'1 center that has some post moves. He can block shots better than Curry, anyone can actually, but a healthy and mobile Jerome James would have more value than Ewing Jr. and Roberson. We need a big man, Curry doesn't cut it right now. And Zach/Lee are playing out of position.

A big man is a need and if James can't get his fat ass in shape...then send him home and give some minutes to guys that have worked for it. (Ewing and Roberson)