Curry for Harrington?

metrocard

Legend
In a potential swap of players who do not figure in their current teams' plans, the Knicks and Warriors have reportedly had discussions about a trade involving Eddy Curry and Al Harrington.

The Warriors are more interested in a package including David Lee.

The better offers for Harrington are coming from Western Conference clubs, but the Warriors would prefer to ship Harrington to the Eastern Conference.

If Lee is involved, I would do

Marcus Williams
Marco Belinelli
Anthony Randolph
Al Harrington
for
David Lee
Nate Robinson
Eddy Curry

Warriors

Nelson/Robinson
Jackson/Ellis
Maggette/Azubuike
Lee/Wright/Hendrix
Biendrins/Curry/Turiaf

Knicks
Marbury/Williams/Duhon
Crawford/Belinelli
Chandler/Richardson
Harrington/Gallinari
Randolph/Randolph

Future can look like

Williams
Belinelli
Chandler
Gallinari
Randolph

sick.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Good idea metro

as soon as i heard al harrington wanted to be traded i thought of the trade i made in the fantasy draft game we played in the summer, when i traded curry for al harrington. I know the warriors wouldnt do that straight up, but you took it a step further involving other players and if i was donnie i would make that trade right now. It makes us a better team right now and in the future.

smh @ lee stans catching feelings

KBlack25

Starter
I feel like your trade is prob. how it's going to have to happen. They'd be foolish to just take Curry for Harrington straight up, and they like everyone else covet David Lee. This all would depend on how contracts work out though, if making the trade puts the Knicks way under the cap earlier, I'm for it, but in terms of talent I don't think the Knicks make it out on top in the trade. But sometimes it's not about talent...

jpz17

Starter
not liking it too much metro..

If we could get that package without giving nate or david it would be great

New New York

Quiet Storm
Al Harrington for Eddy Curry and Q or Mardy Collins something like that, but no way in hell do we include David Lee in that package! I understand in your package we get a promising player like Randolph and a solid young PG in Williams, but if we have to package David Lee in any trade I would want a serious cap relief or a proven NBA player who is for sure gonna make us a better team (basically an All Star). Not to mention you're talking about moving Nate in this package too! Nate and D Lee in a package should get us a player like Ron Artest, Marcus Camby,Antwon Jamison or Chauncy Billups. I'm sorry Al Harrington (even with one less year on the books than Curry), Marcus Williams, and Anthony Randolph for Nate and D. Lee is an Isiah move No disrespect.

Last edited:

kingDOM312580

Benchwarmer
No way...the last thing the knicks need is a 3 for 4 trade. The knicks need to start reducing their roster. Having 15 players on an NBA team serves absolutely no purpose (especially on a team where the coach keeps a tight 8-9 man rotation). Having so many players around just increases the possibilty of poor chemistry, especially in the clubhouse. Metro, you should understand this more than anyone You will see this in the future where teams stop maxing out their roster just because they can.

Back to the trade. I would be more inclined to do this trade if it was just Harrington and Randolph for Lee, Curry and Robinson. I think we gain as much talent as we lose and we get rid of Curry.

Williams and Belinelli showed nothing last year and are showing nothing early on this year. With Ellis out Williams was not even able to crack the starting rotation losing out to some guy named Nelson, who nobody ever heard of. Belinelli is even worse as he contemplates life in Italy at the end of Don Nelson's bench.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
if they take like a Curry and Q or Crawford for Al Harrington and some player coming off the books or soo then im all for it but i wouldnt wanna give up Lee or Nate in a package unless we get an allstar like New New York said not for Marco and Marcus

TunerAddict

Starter
I'd take Marco....

Shit, we draft Rubio next year and we'd have 3 up and coming euro players. Bellineli will be good. He has the skills set and the shooting ability. He just needs the minutes...

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
It still amazes me that some of you are still wanting to trade Lee and Nate off.These two guys should'nt even me mentioned in a trade from the Knicks fans and front office.Im all for trading Curry away b/c he isn't going to cut it in a Knick jersey BUT to even mention Lee and Nate in a trade with him is crazy.I garrentee we will lose out on almost any trade if those two names are in it.If they trade Lee and Nate off for a bunch of nobodys then we might as well start all over b/c we will lose our heart and soul on this team.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
i would like al harrington in the knicks but not in dat deal metro has...nate and david lee and all we get back is "prospects"..no way

Kiyaman

Legend
Al Harrington is in his 12th season and has been injury prone throughout each one of those seasons. He is rougher tougher and faster than Curry & Zach.
He also could fit well in a Bigman lineup of "Al, Lee, and Chandler".

Reality-check.
Chris Mullin and Donnie Walsh would not have a Rumor trade.
The same way Dunleavy & Walsh trade was not a rumor it was a refusal.
The Mchale and Ainge trade for KG was made 8 hours before the media reported it. There was never a floating rumor for days and days.

Toons

is the Bo$$
It still amazes me that some of you are still wanting to trade Lee and Nate off.These two guys should'nt even me mentioned in a trade from the Knicks fans and front office.Im all for trading Curry away b/c he isn't going to cut it in a Knick jersey BUT to even mention Lee and Nate in a trade with him is crazy.I garrentee we will lose out on almost any trade if those two names are in it.If they trade Lee and Nate off for a bunch of nobodys then we might as well start all over b/c we will lose our heart and soul on this team.

COSIGN

ARE YOU RETARDED METRO?

Al harrington? for lee, nate and curry??? are u a gs fan or a knick fan?

lets be logical, and dont get all sensitive for me calling u a retard, and msg is just as retarded. This trade benefits the warriors more than us...this is an isiah thomas move.
Al harrington is 6'7'' small foward, even tho he is listed as 6'8'' (he is barely taller than kobe). He averages 13 pts, 7 rebs per game. Lee can do the same. He shot 37% from 3pt. last season and in 10 years in the nba has played ONE full season without injury. He hogs the ball and has a season high of 3 assists last season in 82 games. And a career high of 9 assists....in 12 years. Harrington makes more lee, nate, chandler and collins combined with a whopping 10 mil owed to him at this seasons end. This is just not a smart move. Harrington is a chucker and a pf that doesn't rebound well. We have never seen what lee can do in a starting lineup for a full season yet, and he is looking like a double double machine. Nate is playing more controlled and his turnovers are declining, his decision making has improved leaps and bounds. in 10 years, when lee and nate are as OLD as harrington, will we regret a dumb move like this? just like the ariza trade, or the matt barnes cut? even the demetrius nichols cut (he had had a block in every game he played to my recollection, and he is moving fast laterally, his defense if getting better) we dont need trades, we need to develop our players.

KBlack25

Starter
Hey watch it guys, you make fun of metro's opinions and he'll start hurling insults around because he can't take criticism. Then he'll start posting wherever you post no matter what.

Toons

is the Bo$$
and metro, you get on crawford for taking a few more 3's than free throws right?

al harrington took over 400 3 pointers and attemptes less than 200 free throws.

Toons

is the Bo$$
metro knows about me....the insults are cool man, ill juss throw them back.
theres no way he can justify this move. bellinelli has a qualifying offer contract until 2012, williams, until 2011, and randolph until 2013....who will the knicks cut? donnie dosent eat contracts....the move is a nba live move. GS has NO players that expire before 2010.
Harrington is good, he is a starter, but he is nowhere close to the value of nate, lee and curry, even if curry is fat and useless. it would hurt us in the long run for this trade.

Even his starting lineup is retared.

marcus williams and belinelli runnin our 1 and 2? none of them play defense. kobe would eat belinelli for lunch, so would every other 2 guard in the league.

Williams
Belinelli
Chandler
Gallinari
Randolph

sick.

not sick, stupid.
where is the defense in this lineup? i like gallo, but im not sold as yet. galinari at the 4 is not good either if we plan to be a defensive contender int he future, to oppose the bostons, and the houstons on the nba. come again metro...think it out fully...u kno how it goes

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
First, Harrington is an injury prone 3 point chuck artist who does not rebound or play D. Second, Lee should be untradable...period! He would be an integral role player in any successful team.

We need an all star first option, not a shuffling of second tier scrubs. Walsh has the right game plan, develop and nurture our youth while eliminating big contracts so we can get a superstar in the next few years. I would rather get another lottery pick than get eliminated in the first round, hence why we should not take another underachiever that may help in the short run at the expense of our future.

Harrington for Curry straight up makes sense because it cuts salary and because Curry is not in our rotation. Lee needs to be part of our team so when we acquire that superstar we will have role players that work hard every minute they are on the court complementing a solid all star.

GetRealistic

Starter
Yea Metro your trade is involving way to many players, and i think the Warriors would actually win out on that trade. We can't give up our two best trade options in one trade and not even get a superstar. I got a simple trade that matches up that may work.

Curry
Collins

Harrington
Marcus Williams

Nelson is not a fan of Williams at all so i'm sure he wouldn't be heartbroken about giving him up. And Williams is in the last year of his contract so if he continues to dissappoint we just let him go.. No harm no foul.

GetRealistic

Starter
Only way i'm giving up David Lee is if i get Randolph or Brandon Wright

I'd probably do a

Curry
Lee

For

Harrington
Wright/Randolph

richtree

Rotation player
you think the warriors are gonna give up there last 2 first round picks ?

no way !!!!

in order for a team to take on Curry ....the Knicks would have to Give alot...

harrinton for Curry is a wash --

Now since curry is owed more cash they would have to take on an additional contract from GS or agree to pay some of Curry's contract...

then getting GS's last 2 first round picks that have huge upside for Lee (contract due) and Robinson (A big question mark)

is NOt going to happen....

Bellini looked good., maybe he will blossom ....

Anthony Randolph everyone loves...

and M. Williams is there point guard ...

trade is crazy.....