Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Game 2: Knicks @ 76ers 10/31

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    i dont know much about rick rubio but i hope hes a better defender then nash.
    Yes he is, a much better defender than Nash. He's been compared to Walt Frazier with his steals and defense. His only weakness is shooting, but that will come since he's only 19. If we get him, I couldn't care less about not winning this season.

Veteran

Marbury deep down sounded hurt when asked about the decision. He needs to stay professional, he'll play somewhere this season. Needs to get an agent though to make the calls to see if anyone has an interest and to negotiate a buyout.

Originally Posted by JayJ44
    Yes he is, a much better defender than Nash. He's been compared to Walt Frazier with his steals and defense. His only weakness is shooting, but that will come since he's only 19. If we get him, I couldn't care less about not winning this season.
    I've always thought that nash gets too much credit. Hes a great point guard and i wont try to argue that. But hes never really been a good defender and hes quickly gettin worse and worse each year.

I doubt rubio will be anywhere near clydes status defensively, but as long as he can keep his opponent in front of him and get a hand in their face im happy.

I haven't really seen much of Rubio but from what I saw during the Olympics he's a guy who takes BIG chances on defense. Sometimes those chances pay off and sometimes they don't. He's quick and he sees the court very well so I would say at worst he'd be a work in progress.

KnicksonLIN.com

hmmm...

I wonder why the Knicks are getting their ass kicked by the 76ers? Does it have anything to do with the fact that the zero offense Chris Duhon, Quentin Richardson, and Mardy Collins are getting playing time over the 19.7 career point per game Marbury, and the All Star in the making Chandler? Maybe.

SMH @ D'Antoni's pettiness and ignorance.

Originally Posted by abcd
    hmmm...

I wonder why the Knicks are getting their ass kicked by the 76ers? Does it have anything to do with the fact that the zero offense Chris Duhon, Quentin Richardson, and Mardy Collins are getting playing time over the 19.7 career point per game Marbury, and the All Star in the making Chandler? Maybe.

No it has to do with the team not playing defense.

I just don't understand why they just don't straight up tell him that he's not going to play here in NY instead of giving him false hope. He came into the season in the best shape possible. I know some of you people would say he's suppose to do that without being told, but it shows that he's asking for a second chance. It's obvious that Marbury is perfect for the system and that his offense is greatly needed. When shots from Crawford and Richardson aren't falling.... Marbury's ability to get to the line will be missed.

Originally Posted by abcd
    hmmm...

I agree....duhon only has 3 pts (1-4) and q stitch has 5pts _2-6)

D'antoni wants to lose...

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    I agree....duhon only has 3 pts (1-4) and q stitch has 5pts _2-6)

D'antoni wants to lose...
    He doesn't want to lose.

He just doesn't care enough about winning THIS YEAR to play someone a lot of minutes that he and Walsh have already decided will be gone at the end of the year.

Originally Posted by knicklover
    He doesn't want to lose.

He just doesn't care enough about winning THIS YEAR to play someone a lot of minutes that he and Walsh have already decided will be gone at the end of the year.
    aka he wants to lose...but i realize thats not the best way to put it. I understand what hes doing. As a member of team starbury i understand and have no problem with the reasoning as to why he wont be back next year. But hes gettin paid 23 million. You cant just let him sit there on the bench. How about makin him earn some of that money? Hes had a good attitude through all this and he came into training camp ready to dominate. Im not impressed with duhorn, we shoulda signed a big instead.

I don't think he should have been made inactive. The mere fact of doing that means that can't even go to him when we're playing the way we're playing right now. Our defense is looking horrible...matter of fact there is no defense. At least you could go to marbury and maybe he could penetrate and dish. You should never get rid of your options as long as you have them.

Yeah, we would be up by 40 points if Mebury was playing...NOT. Back to reality guys. The 76ers are a much better team than the Knicks, with or without Mebury. This is a rebuilding year, so why play a guy that has nothing to do with the future and you want to evaluate players that might be a part of the future.

Rubio is a much better defender than Nash. He led the league in steals the last couple of years.

I doubt he's trying to lose or doesn't want to win. He's looking at lineups and rotations. It's a long season and it'll take a while for a new coach to get his rotations the way he likes them.

Duhon looks mediocre to me too.

You can't say a bad thing about Steph this year. He came to camp in perfect shape, played well, and is acting like a total professional.

I think we have to face it. They made the decision to not play him awhile ago. They were probably hoping to trade him and needed him to come to camp in shape to have any chance of that. When they realized they couldn't trade him they probably changed the strategy to buying him out, but they don't want to pay him full price. So they are using this as leverage against him to get a good deal. Steph wants a new contract and needs to play well to get it, but the Knicks won't play him. So he may be forced to take a buy out. Tough business.

Problem was, there really was no big to be signed, MSG. Chris Duhon has been pretty unspectacular so far. Hasn't been terrible, but hasn't really helped us at all. And his defense seems pretty overrated, once again, not terrible but nothing special. It's still obviously very early in the season, so we'll see. I think if Starbury was in the game, we'd still be losing, but it wouldn't be the blowout it's turning into. He could provide some sorely needed easy baskets with his penetration. Also, it is painfully obvious that we need an interior defensive presence.