Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Game 2: Knicks @ 76ers 10/31

I can def agree with that Tuner...the players just won't play defense...i don't understand why someone wouldn't want to play defense. I feel like I could have played better D tonight and I'm a girl. lol

I can understand that there will be days like this but this game drained the life outta me lol

This is just ridicolous, by the knicks not playing marbury (their best player) they r just saying they dont care about winning now, gus johnson said something about that, so if they bench him their saying they dont care about winning now which is true and completley dumb. U have to try to win every game with the best lineup u have benching marbury is just not right. Mardy collins has no offense, duhon just looks avg just PLAY MARBURY

YO at first i was happy about d'antoni. Now i think he's the biggest fagg. without marbury this team is nothing

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by bboycustom92
    YO at first i was happy about d'antoni. Now i think he's the biggest fagg. without marbury this team is nothing
    I knew D'Antoni was a b!tch, but people were getting all touchy when I criticized him, so I tried to stop. But now that he put Marbury on the inactive list, I don't care what anyone says. I'm going to speak up.

Knicks' overall record without Marbury in the last 5 seasons:
    2005-2006 3-19
    2006-2007 2-6
    2007-2008 17-41
    2008-2009 1-1

23-67(.255)

SMH

Marbury brings a lot to this team. I dont understand why people still see him as selfish and the biggest mystery is why he's not getting playing time... if anything.. people like Nate should be considered Selfish at times for taking the most rediculous shots ever.

Originally Posted by abcd
    I knew D'Antoni was a b!tch, but people were getting all touchy when I criticized him, so I tried to stop. But now that he put Marbury on the inactive list, I don't care what anyone says. I'm going to speak up.

2005-2006 3-19
    2006-2007 2-6
    2007-2008 17-41
    2008-2009 1-1

23-67(.255)

SMH
    Keep preachin abcd. People need to hear it. It seems like theres a growin number of people who see that marbury should be playin and that D'antoni is makin a mistake. It wont be long before we start fallin behind. I dont know if we could make the playoffs with marbury, probably not but we would be alot close and alot more entertaining with him playin.

Originally Posted by abcd

2005-2006 3-19
    2006-2007 2-6
    2007-2008 17-41
    2008-2009 1-1

23-67(.255)

SMH
    Umm... likely we would be 1-1 with Steph playing this season. We lost this game by 30 there is no player in this league that would help a team make up that much ground! Look our team was no good in any of the years that you just mentioned. Remember Isiah's first season as coach and we got hit by injuries and Steph was putting up like 26 ppg at one stretch, guess what or team still lost most of the games during that stretch. The bottom line is that we have not had a good team any of those years that you pointed out so I'm not sure if any many more of those loses without him would've been wins had he played. Isnt "Team Starbury's" battle cry that the reason we have lost with Steph on the roster is because the rest of the team sucks?So by your own logic we would've lost those games anyways. So a losing record without Steph is a bit misleading.

I like Steph and I wish he was playing but it is corny to attack Dantoni for not playing your favorite player
    Last edited by New New York; Nov 01, 2008 at 08:17.

Originally Posted by New New York
    I like Steph and I wish he was playing but it is corny to attack Dantoni for not playing your favorite player
    Its not corny, its just plain retarded....

Stupid decisions deserve negative feedback period. You play your best, if they are not participating or not acting proper then that's a different story. Starbury is cooperating, playing as a team when he's on the floor, attacking the basket like no other, got in great shape, is willing to play the side role and THIS (meaning NOTHING) is what he gets.

I have already seen what happens when the Knicks play real teams, we either get lucky with poor shot selections, or pray for the other team to miss a large amount of shots.

This is going to continue and we will more then likely not see any great basketball until Next season. Unless a big trade is made involving Snatch, Crawful, Curry..or activate Starbury to play.

I resent these decisions that are being made, D Antoni is great but come on now. Did you see "Crawfords Knicks" on the knicks.com site...I was about to jump out the window and end it all. (Ok not really but mentally I was jumping out of my mind)

As long as this team is "Crawfords Knicks" we will continue to be in the shytter. Ladies and Gentlemen...we are in heLL!

Originally Posted by Eddy Currys House Special
    Tonight should be interesting to see cause last year's team in a similar scenario would be down by 25 3 minutes into the 2nd quarter.
    So I was a quarter off.

As long as he's on the roster Steph should be playing.

That said Steph playing or not is irrelevant to the big picture.

Losing by 30 in game two of the season is not a good sign.

This team stinks.

The people 'n players may charge but the results stay the same.

I'm just gonna throw this out there, ESPN's Jason Smith had this to say about Stephon Marbury

"If you're a Knicks fan, how are you cheering for Marbury at all? He stands for everything that's been wrong with the team for the last 5 years. How could you cheer to have him back in the game?"

It's the second game of the season. Let's not jump to conclusions. We all knew they are not going to be a totally different team from day one. There is a reason why the Knicks haven't won a championship in a very looooooong time: lack of patience. This is exactly what I hated IT most for. He traded for the sake of trading or to give the media something to discuss other than himself. I like that he is not just doing what seems to be the most popular decision.

We all don't know what is going on behind closed doors and generally speaking I think that is a good sign. Why should he put him on the inactive list for no particular reason? I don't believe he is a big fan of losing (at least he wasn't in Phoenix).

Veteran

i can understand the team wants to go in a different direction... that is fair enough... BUT... if your best player, is not part of that direction, don't put him at the end of the bench, or de-activate him... let him go... you owe him 21.9m... pay him, get him off the bench and start the rebuild..

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Ewwwww.

Marbury on the inactive level is really unessary. Whatever is going on, we don't know about it.

Marbury did all the right things and came to training camp with the perfect attitude.

He got deaded.
    He got disrespected.
    He got put on an inferior.

Be honest with yourself, a top 10-15 PG in the NBA doesn't deserve this kind of treatment.

Its not about our favorite player, its about playing the most skilled and experience played on the roster.

Its just a simple fact.

Chemistry? I seen no chemistry without Marbury, so honestly not playing him has no reasoning.

Anthony Roberson over Stephon is practically a joke.

I don't even want Marbury on the Knicks anymore if he's going to be treated like this.

Marbury doesn't even preform bad, he puts up excellent preformances and numbers...people just don't like the guy and will say the dumbest sh*t with no reasoning.

Let Marbury free somewhere else were he could be successful with a winning team who knows how to use skilled, experience penetration PG's who are 22nd all time in NBA history in passing.

D'Antoni f*cked up.

Originally Posted by Akamu
    Stupid decisions deserve negative feedback period. You play your best, if they are not participating or not acting proper then that's a different story. Starbury is cooperating, playing as a team when he's on the floor, attacking the basket like no other, got in great shape, is willing to play the side role and THIS (meaning NOTHING) is what he gets.

I have already seen what happens when the Knicks play real teams, we either get lucky with poor shot selections, or pray for the other team to miss a large amount of shots.

This is going to continue and we will more then likely not see any great basketball until Next season. Unless a big trade is made involving Snatch, Crawful, Curry..or activate Starbury to play.

I resent these decisions that are being made, D Antoni is great but come on now. Did you see "Crawfords Knicks" on the knicks.com site...I was about to jump out the window and end it all. (Ok not really but mentally I was jumping out of my mind)

As long as this team is "Crawfords Knicks" we will continue to be in the shytter. Ladies and Gentlemen...we are in heLL!
    I like you Akumu, I think that your post have a lot of insight to them so don't think that I am attacking your opinion but.....

Mike Dantoni is not responsible for the title "Crawfords Knicks" that is the marketing folks who want to make Crawford the face of the team. I'm no Ad Exec. (did my dance with Coperate America, and I un-gracefully bowed out!) so I can only speculate on why they think Jamal is a good canidate for the face of the team. But I havent really heard Dantoni say that he felt Jamal is our franchise player. I've heard him rave more about D.Lee,Zach,Nate and Wilson than Jamal. He predicted Jamal should do well in this system because his ability to score the ball, but never really indicated that these are "Crawford's Knicks". What kills me is that the argument is made that Steph is not the reason The Knicks lose; which is very true, but then the people who make those arguments for Steph are ready to pin blame on Jamal for our lack of success!

Now back to Steph....True he came into shape in great shape and looked like he could still get to hole as good as anyone in the league. But there are intagiables to this situation that we the fans would not know about. This ruling could be influenced by Steph's teamates. Look Isiah lost his team when he didnt bench Steph last year per the request of the team, and rumor has it is Dantoni polled the team prior to the season begining and the players did not want him around.Now according to Steph he approached each of his teamates and asked them was there an issue with him, and from what he said they all said they didnt have a problem with him, so why non of them man'd up and said anything then is beyond me. But maybe Mike is afraid of losing his players like Isiah did after the Phoenix incident? Not to mention he did call his coach during training camp by saying "I'm not coming off the bench for The Knicks", now as a fan that was forgiven in my eyes when he came back later on to say he would take a more reduced role, but then again it was not me who he put on blast!