Game 2: Knicks @ 76ers 10/31

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Why did he go after me for being a Spurs fan? Still upset about 1999?

your going after everyone on this site with that remark....i personally think its cool to have a couple of other fans on here but these knick disses arent gonna cut it dude....loll

SpursFan4Life

Benchwarmer
your going after everyone on this site with that remark....i personally think its cool to have a couple of other fans on here but these knick disses arent gonna cut it dude....loll

Sorry man I didn't come here to diss the knicks. But some of these guys just go after me for no reason. Trust me I don't dislike the Knicks at all.

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
Why did he go after me for being a Spurs fan? Still upset about 1999?
OWNED >< lol well eh about the game if philly comes in with the same strategy they did pre season at the garden i see them winning this game 10% well win but i do like our chances cause were playing away...dont know feel like this team is better when there away from msg

portega1968

El Cacique
1. My first comment on tonight's game is: if you have any of the following players on your fantasy team... START HIM 2NIGHT!!!

Williams, L.
Iguodala, A.
Brand, E.
Miller, A.
Dalembert, S.
Young, T.
Green, W.
Rush, K.
Evans, R.
Ratliff, T.
Marshall, D.

With our team's defense, you can expect a doubledouble from anyone!!!

Hell, if you have Jason Smith on IR ....START HIM ALSO!!!

2. My second comment: Nate Robinson is gonna score 50 tonight to counter Elton Brand's 60.

3. Tonight's posterization candidate for Wilson Chandler will be: Samuel Dalembert, who btw will get like 20 rebounds and 10 blocks.

4. Knicks will still win in cuadruple overtime: 185-179, give or take a couple of buckets.

Hopefully, Jamal Crawford will give my ESPN fantasy team like 10-3pointers despite his 35% FG and commit less than 20 turnovers.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I hope you're not talking about Marbury.
Yes, I'm talking about Marbury. Marbury is the best player on this team. There's no reason for him to be treated like Jerome James and Eddy Curry. It's not fair that Quentin Richardson, Chris Duhon, Mardy Collins, and Malik Rose are all getting playing time over him. Being that you're a Spurs fan, you probably just assume Marbury sucks because his numbers have been going down. But you probably don't know why his numbers went down. The reason why his numbers have gone down is because idiots like Larry Brown, Isiah Thomas, and now Mike D'Antoni won't let Marbury be more aggressive on offense. Instead, they allow 4th tier players like Curry, Duhon, and Richardson and role players like Crawford run the show.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Tonight's Game

Philadelphia will be a good test. Miami has no inside and Wade had a bad game. Brand and Dalembert will be tough. Philadephia killed us a couple of times last year without Brand.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
sorry msg, not feelin this thread.. Only because it will be hard to top your first one. Its still good though. I hope 76ers don't double team chandler.. If Marbury plays he will score 20+, maybe 30
SMH, if Mike D'Antoni doesn't play Marbury, he deserves to lose. Everyone with a brain knows that Duhon is a 5 point per game scrub, and Q-Hitch is a 31% shooting scrub.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Sorry man I didn't come here to diss the knicks. But some of these guys just go after me for no reason. Trust me I don't dislike the Knicks at all.

i see where your coming from ifv anything its cool to have other fans on this site(not too much just a couple). different views of our team not just a bias view...besides we're classy people :beer:

Pricey

Rotation player
thank fk i can watch this game on my PC since i upgraded to my ADSL. God damn ESPN over here are showing Chicago vs Boston live. Fk i hate Boston, they are on every week here.

A top notch job by MSG as usual with his game preview and I agree the Brand/Randolph matchup is a good one.

Tonight should be interesting to see cause last year's team in a similar scenario would be down by 25 3 minutes into the 2nd quarter.

amilion

Benchwarmer
Well guys, Marbury is inactive tonight and until further notice. As long as the final score shows us on top then I'm fine. However, I do feel bad for Steph seeing how he's pretty much done everything they've asked him to do this year...even though that's his job.

GetRealistic

Starter
Haterburys lost... I think we'll atleast compete tonight... I'm heading out but i'm hoping to catch Knicks in 60 at like 2 am.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I'd like to thank everyone who likes my game thread. The only one who said he wasnt "feelin it" is jpz17. If the kid wants to paypal me some money ill take 2 hours to make my game threads. Otherwise sukka dikk maggot :lol:

official msg prediction: philly 108, knicks 94

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
smh @ crawfuls bitch ass playin no defense. Andre iguodala just torched that boy.

Haterburys lost... I think we'll atleast compete tonight... I'm heading out but i'm hoping to catch Knicks in 60 at like 2 am.

damn right the haterburys lost. Its about time you admit it. If your interested in joining team starbury were always lookin to recruit :)

knicklover

Benchwarmer
I didn't expect Marbury to be put on the INACTIVE list, but D'Antoni's decision was sensible given that he spoke to Marbury and they both felt it was best given that he wasn't going to play anyway.

They are not going to buy him out for "full price" and they can't trade him. I think the ball is in Marbury's court now. He either sits out the season and hopes a few players get injured and they have to use him or he takes a reduced buyout and goes somewhere else. It's basically over for him in NY.

I'm not into any of this Starbury vs. Haterbury stuff, but I don't see how this translates into good news for Marbury fans that wanted him to play in NY. Personally, I'm not even sure why you would want him to play in NY to begin with. I'd rather see him on Boston or someplace like that where he could prove himself once and for all on a great team deep into the playoffs.

Oh yea, I love the game thread again!

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Wow! we have a Trick or a Treat with Dantoni.
Marbury being put on the inactive list on his final season contract.
This season Marbury came to camp to play 10 times better than all of his seasons.

This act on Marbury says one thing Walsh & Dantoni is striving to be the worst Lottery team this season.
We were a 23 win team without Marbury last season.

Philly will be a different story with Zach, Lee, and Chandler getting into early foul trouble to stop Brand from scoring 25 points mainly from down-low.
Plus Dalenbert & Young will be looking to have a big scoring night on the Knicks.

The Philly & Knicks game may become the oposite of the Knicks vs Miami game with the Knicks making a running charge to comeback from being down by 20 points in the 4th quarter of the game.

Does coach Dantoni actually know who are the best come from behind chemistry lineup players on this Knick team? I doubt if he cares.
Nate, Chandler, Lee, Marbury, and the missing 6.9 to 7.0 defender in the paint we was suppose to get this offseason (before Duhon).

Philly just had a low scoring loss to the Toronto Raptors three "offense/defense" Bigmen (Bosh, O'Neal, and Barg) 95-84.
So the Knicks maybe the team Philly take their frustration out on for that loss by scoring above 110 points mostly in the paint where we lack a defensive stopper.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Wow! we have a Trick or a Treat with Dantoni. This act on Marbury says one thing Walsh & Dantoni is striving to be the worst Lottery team this season.
We were a 23 win team without Marbury last season.

Walsh and D'Antoni have already stated this year is more about the future (salary cap) and evaluating who will fit in the system. Though, I wonder if D'Antoni is already thinking about Ricky Rubio. He did just get a chance to watch him up close in the Olympics and I can't think of another player more "Steve Nash" like. I would be happy with the #1 pick.