Game 2: Knicks @ 76ers 10/31

knicklover

Benchwarmer
:teeth:

Yay! Gallo gets his first points. Hopefully he will be able to get many more. But he definitely looks like he needs a lot of work.

I really don't love what I see so far. He's not very athletic or quick. I guess if he has a good outside shot, he'll have some use, but I am disappointed so far.

TunerAddict

Starter
Pretty much everything that could go wrong did. No one really played well. DLee hustled a bit and was decent. Everyone else was trash. Crawford and ZBo were awful and took terrible shots through the entire game.

Let Danilo play more. Atlesast he TRYS to play Defense. He was always hustling and working to defend whoever he was on when he was in.

Nate looked like shit. Pure shit. Turning the ball over, taking bad, selfish shots.

Disgusting game, but this shit is bound to happen. Hopefully this will be a wakeup call to some guys to get their acts together.

Actually felt kinda bad for Curry when I saw him on the Bench. He looked like he was going to cry. Hopefully some common sense smacked him in the face and he'll learn that you have to earn playing time...

amilion

Benchwarmer
No one said we would be up by 40. Marburys ability to score, break down defenses, and find open teammates would make this game closer. And i think hes a better defender then Duhorne. If you dont think he should play i cant change your opinion. Theres alotta people who feel that way. I just think with how hard hes worked out, with him showing effort at improving his attitude, and what hes gettin paid he should be playing. IHe should at least get the chance to earn some of his money. We've payed him alotta money and obviously things havent gone well since isiah brought in larry brown but thats not marburys fault. That specific year, his attitude couldve been better considering what he was gettin paid but hes been better since 06-07.

I agree MSG. No one said we would be up by 40 or that we would even be winning but at least he MIGHT have provided us with an opportunity to be closer.

I know the sixers are a better team but damn this was embarrassing. We didn't even compete. D'antoni and the Knicks have got to get this defense together because when we're not scoring, we are getting our ass handed to us. At least with some defense the end score could look a little respectable. It seemed like everything the sixers put up went in.

JayJ44

Starter
Sadly, Mutombo at 50 >> Curry

I agree that O'bryant is a project and he'll never be more then a backup if that. But I consider Curry to not even be a project, hes a waste of space. Malik rose is also useless. According to mike D'antoni, jared jeffries will be our center when he comes back.

Jeffries at center? :barf: He's not gonna help anything. He's way too skinny to defend other centers in the league. This is gonna be a long season.

TunerAddict

Starter
No one said we would be up by 40. Marburys ability to score, break down defenses, and find open teammates would make this game closer. And i think hes a better defender then Duhorne. If you dont think he should play i cant change your opinion. Theres alotta people who feel that way. I just think with how hard hes worked out, with him showing effort at improving his attitude, and what hes gettin paid he should be playing. IHe should at least get the chance to earn some of his money. We've payed him alotta money and obviously things havent gone well since isiah brought in larry brown but thats not marburys fault. That specific year, his attitude couldve been better considering what he was gettin paid but hes been better since 06-07.

I agree MSG. No one said we would be up by 40 or that we would even be winning but at least he MIGHT have provided us with an opportunity to be closer.

I know the sixers are a better team but damn this was embarrassing. We didn't even compete. D'antoni and the Knicks have got to get this defense together because when we're not scoring, we are getting our ass handed to us. At least with some defense the end score could look a little respectable. It seemed like everything the sixers put up went in.

Defense has nothing to do with Dantoni. They showed that he preaches it in practice and pressures guys to play it. It is the players. They won't play D. He is only the coach, he cannot make them do anything. The only thing he can do is not play them, i.e. like with Curry.

And with or without Stephon, we lose. Philly is a good team and we played our worst game of the season. Atleast we got it out of the way early.

Steph is done. Deal with it. Lets move on.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
No it has to do with the team not playing defense.
I agree. But in D'Antoni's system, defense is not emphasized. That's why you need as much offense as possible, in D'Antoni's system. Marbury's ability to get to the basket at will would've been a big help tonight. Duhon lacks offense, so he basically makes the Knicks handicap, when he has one of his usual 5 point performances. On a team that has zero defense, you NEED offense. Duhon doesn't provide offense; Marbury does. Also, Q-Hitch sucks. Chandler is capable of scoring at least 15 points per game, given the playing time. But because Richardson is getting the start, he's unable to maximize his scoring.

TunerAddict

Starter
I agree. But in D'Antoni's system, defense is not emphasized. That's why you need as much offense as possible, in D'Antoni's system. Marbury's ability to get to the basket at will would've been a big help tonight.

No.

Watch the practices they've shown, He talks about Defense all the time and in timeouts when they do the mic check thing.

MArbury would not have made a difference.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Steph is done. Deal with it. Lets move on.

Sayin somethin like this wont change the number of times Starbury gets brought up per hour. It seems like 80% of posts have involved his name. Right now thats the most popular news in the newspapers and on tv so thats whats gonna be talked about the most on here. We dont know what will end up happening. Maybe we'll play real bad and D'antoni will have marbury play. Or maybe Marbury will take less then the 23 million hes owed and get bought out. Like i said we dont know what will happen so until then people need to stop postin stuff like what you posted.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
No.

Watch the practices they've shown, He talks about Defense all the time and in timeouts when they do the mic check thing.

MArbury would not have made a difference.

Duhon-5pts (1-8), 7asts
Nate Robinson-12pts (4-14), 2asts

Marbury cant do no better then that? Fukk outta here

amilion

Benchwarmer
I can def agree with that Tuner...the players just won't play defense...i don't understand why someone wouldn't want to play defense. I feel like I could have played better D tonight and I'm a girl. lol

I can understand that there will be days like this but this game drained the life outta me lol

IcEWaTEr123

Benchwarmer
This is just ridicolous, by the knicks not playing marbury (their best player) they r just saying they dont care about winning now, gus johnson said something about that, so if they bench him their saying they dont care about winning now which is true and completley dumb. U have to try to win every game with the best lineup u have benching marbury is just not right. Mardy collins has no offense, duhon just looks avg just PLAY MARBURY

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
YO at first i was happy about d'antoni. Now i think he's the biggest fagg. without marbury this team is nothing
I knew D'Antoni was a b!tch, but people were getting all touchy when I criticized him, so I tried to stop. But now that he put Marbury on the inactive list, I don't care what anyone says. I'm going to speak up.

Knicks' overall record without Marbury in the last 5 seasons:
2005-2006 3-19
2006-2007 2-6
2007-2008 17-41
2008-2009 1-1

23-67(.255)

SMH

DunkinDonuts

Benchwarmer
Marbury brings a lot to this team. I dont understand why people still see him as selfish and the biggest mystery is why he's not getting playing time... if anything.. people like Nate should be considered Selfish at times for taking the most rediculous shots ever.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I knew D'Antoni was a b!tch, but people were getting all touchy when I criticized him, so I tried to stop. But now that he put Marbury on the inactive list, I don't care what anyone says. I'm going to speak up.

2005-2006 3-19
2006-2007 2-6
2007-2008 17-41
2008-2009 1-1

23-67(.255)

SMH

Keep preachin abcd. People need to hear it. It seems like theres a growin number of people who see that marbury should be playin and that D'antoni is makin a mistake. It wont be long before we start fallin behind. I dont know if we could make the playoffs with marbury, probably not but we would be alot close and alot more entertaining with him playin.

New New York

Quiet Storm

2005-2006 3-19
2006-2007 2-6
2007-2008 17-41
2008-2009 1-1

23-67(.255)

SMH

Umm... likely we would be 1-1 with Steph playing this season. We lost this game by 30 there is no player in this league that would help a team make up that much ground! Look our team was no good in any of the years that you just mentioned. Remember Isiah's first season as coach and we got hit by injuries and Steph was putting up like 26 ppg at one stretch, guess what or team still lost most of the games during that stretch. The bottom line is that we have not had a good team any of those years that you pointed out so I'm not sure if any many more of those loses without him would've been wins had he played. Isnt "Team Starbury's" battle cry that the reason we have lost with Steph on the roster is because the rest of the team sucks?So by your own logic we would've lost those games anyways. So a losing record without Steph is a bit misleading.

I like Steph and I wish he was playing but it is corny to attack Dantoni for not playing your favorite player

Last edited:

Akamu

The King
Stupid decisions deserve negative feedback period. You play your best, if they are not participating or not acting proper then that's a different story. Starbury is cooperating, playing as a team when he's on the floor, attacking the basket like no other, got in great shape, is willing to play the side role and THIS (meaning NOTHING) is what he gets.

I have already seen what happens when the Knicks play real teams, we either get lucky with poor shot selections, or pray for the other team to miss a large amount of shots.

This is going to continue and we will more then likely not see any great basketball until Next season. Unless a big trade is made involving Snatch, Crawful, Curry..or activate Starbury to play.

I resent these decisions that are being made, D Antoni is great but come on now. Did you see "Crawfords Knicks" on the knicks.com site...I was about to jump out the window and end it all. (Ok not really but mentally I was jumping out of my mind)

As long as this team is "Crawfords Knicks" we will continue to be in the shytter. Ladies and Gentlemen...we are in heLL!

Tonight should be interesting to see cause last year's team in a similar scenario would be down by 25 3 minutes into the 2nd quarter.

So I was a quarter off.

As long as he's on the roster Steph should be playing.

That said Steph playing or not is irrelevant to the big picture.

Losing by 30 in game two of the season is not a good sign.

This team stinks.

The people 'n players may charge but the results stay the same.