Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Game 2: Knicks @ 76ers 10/31

Originally Posted by SpursFan4Life
    Oh you're preaching to the choir on Crawford. Watching Spurs games where a player gets his ass chewed out for having bad shot selection, it drive me nuts to watch Crawford. I'm just no sold on Marbury. As much as I think D'Antoni is a whiny bitch of a coach, I also think he's a good judge of talent and knows who would work in his systems.
    I partially agree about D'antoni but only time will tell. D'antoni doesnt see marbury in the future plans and I got no problem with that. Were tryin to get under the cap in 2010 and it makes sense to re-sign him. But it dont make sense benchin him when hes still the best guard. And i hope to see him get the chance so who can prove that to alotta people. Hes got a large group of haters now. Alotta the sh!t they say about him is unfair. If there not gonna play him they should buy him out.

Well if they wanna trade him they need to play him to up his value a little bit. Right now it's at 0...or below 0 if that's possible. I'm not sure what D'Antoni's reasons are for benching him but you're right. Unless they intend to buy him out I don't get it.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

Sick Pre-Game MSGKnickz33!! this is gona be a challange for us and with Philly losing thier season opener they're gonna come out better out the gates and were gonna have to hold on to leads not like what we did against the heat cause chances are were not gonna have a 23 point lead.....anyways we could come away with this one if we play efficietly...this is a winnable game but we gotta play smart meaning Chandler gets more minutes than Q....if we win this we could be 4-0 we got the Bucks and Bobcats at home coming up next

Originally Posted by abcd
    The Knicks will lose this game. D'Antoni is stupid. He refuses to play his only All Star, so that he could play scrubs like Duhon and Collins. The Knicks got away with it against the Heat, but they won't get away with it against the 76ers. The 76ers are a good defensive team, and they have a lot of depth.
    Last I knew we haven't had an allstar in years...

Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    Last I knew we haven't had an allstar in years...
    a player whos capable of playin at an all star level

Nyk Logo

MSG another great game thread man, its almost like your to good at them. but this game should be interesting. i know we fell to the 76'ers in preseason but look who has the winning record here. i bet mike will bench steph and fat curry again just to prove a point but i think he needs to start plauing steph, we wouldnt have almost thrown away the game to miami if steph was in the game.

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    a player whos capable of playin at an all star level
    If were going on straight capability its Wilson Chandler. Marbury was an allstar back in like 2003 and he hasn't come close to being an all star since. I know he can still play and some of you are big fans but he's not at an all star level anymore.

Also Marbury is an awful fit for this offensive system. He dominates the ball and over dribbles and looks for his own shot first. The slightest hesitation in ball movement stops this offense completely.

ABCD your a tool by the way with all your comments. Pretty sure you wrote the same exact post last game about if Duhon and Collins play were going to get beat. Guess that didn't happen.

I'm predicting a win. The Philly crowd is going to be silent and or empty becaues there all going to be burnt out or still partying from the Phillies parade. Knicks 114 76ers 106

coach d needs to give steph a chance to show what he's worth. i still believe there is a reason for the benching that we will never know. My bet is, he plays tonight...16 pts 5 assists in 22 minutes. he played in preseason, so obviously coach dosent have a problem with him on the floor. Dantoni just has to put his foot down and let every1 know that he is the boss. Ya never know....steph might b in coach's favor. How else would i make a statement to the entire team? make an example out of the best player. Every1 wins that way...coach gets respect, duhon wont say a word when he returns to his natural position as a back up because he knows he wud be picking splinters out of his ass if he does, and marbury gets the starting nod for the remainder of the season. thats not too far from reality

People Steph is not going to play tonight. There was no secret meaning behind him being benched. D'Antoni flat out told everybody exactly why he got benched. He's not in the future plans and he'd rather play the young guys who are here for the long haul...

Theres no conspiracy he just doesn't want to play Stephon point blank. Marbury didn't do anything behind the scenes to piss D'Antoni off. Mardy Collins didn't out play him. D'Antoni is being truthful and he wants to the youth to play.

He played in the preseason as a showcase to show other teams he could still play.

Only way he's going to play is if theres a major injury or its a blow out. Move on

The Post actually reported today that the Knicks may just tell Marbury to stay away until they find a trade or buy him out.

that sux...
    y the **** is a spurs fan here?
    go on a spurs sight...
    this is a members only, knicks fan site

It's simple: Everyone knows Marbaury is good but not worth 21mil. Marbs. knows the NYK's can't trade him b/c his contract is too large and he's not worth 21mil. So he thinks he can hold the org hostage b/c he wants his $ and is willing to sit 4 it. The knicks are willing 2 sit him and take another losing season (b/c no one expects the playoffs anyway). They however aren't going to buy him out. If he chose to negotiate a buyout for say 10-11mil then they would do it. He is chancing that even if he sits the entire season he will still get his 21mil and become a free agent to another team (prob. for much less). The NYK's don't want him for the future and will be rid of him after this season anyway. They don't want him/his contract.He doesn't want to settle or compromise (he doesn't even have an agent neg. on his behalf). If he doesn't settle he won't play here and lose another yr of playing (only 23 games last yr). He was benched b/c he's not wanted and he refused to negotiate a buyout in effect holding the NYK's hostage. He underestimates the repercussions of him doing so. The Knicks will be around far longer than SM....he needs to think less about $ and more about his future in BBall. Take the buyout (for less) Steph and go to a contender or all those opinions about your commitment and love for the game vs $ and being greedy will become fact!$ or a chance to win a championship? The choice is yours Steph. The NYK's have made their decision.

Originally Posted by GetRealistic
    If were going on straight capability its Wilson Chandler. Marbury was an allstar back in like 2003 and he hasn't come close to being an all star since. I know he can still play and some of you are big fans but he's not at an all star level anymore.

Also Marbury is an awful fit for this offensive system. He dominates the ball and over dribbles and looks for his own shot first. The slightest hesitation in ball movement stops this offense completely.

ABCD your a tool by the way with all your comments. Pretty sure you wrote the same exact post last game about if Duhon and Collins play were going to get beat. Guess that didn't happen.

I'm predicting a win. The Philly crowd is going to be silent and or empty becaues there all going to be burnt out or still partying from the Phillies parade. Knicks 114 76ers 106
    Marbury is a better fit for this offensive system then duhorn is. Hes faster, hes a better passer, and hes better at breaking down defenses. I dont know what teams preseason games you were watching. Marbury was lookin to pass, pass, and pass.

Im predictin that we play bad and lose by 10 or more.

Originally Posted by GetRealistic
    People Steph is not going to play tonight. There was no secret meaning behind him being benched. D'Antoni flat out told everybody exactly why he got benched. He's not in the future plans and he'd rather play the young guys who are here for the long haul...

Theres no conspiracy he just doesn't want to play Stephon point blank. Marbury didn't do anything behind the scenes to piss D'Antoni off. Mardy Collins didn't out play him. D'Antoni is being truthful and he wants to the youth to play.

He played in the preseason as a showcase to show other teams he could still play.

Only way he's going to play is if theres a major injury or its a blow out. Move on

The Post actually reported today that the Knicks may just tell Marbury to stay away until they find a trade or buy him out.
    Well there not gonna find a trade....and donnie doesnt buy players out so they might as well play him so he can earn some of that 23 million hes gettin paid. Hes still the best guard on this team.

I dont really care what end up happening, other then i dont want to see him inactive or playin for the celtics. He can get bought out tomorrow and its not a big deal to me, i understand him not being part of the future of this team. But they cant keep not playing him.

Default Elequant

Originally Posted by Red
    It's simple: Everyone knows Marbaury is good but not worth 21mil. Marbs. knows the NYK's can't trade him b/c his contract is too large and he's not worth 21mil. So he thinks he can hold the org hostage b/c he wants his $ and is willing to sit 4 it. The knicks are willing 2 sit him and take another losing season (b/c no one expects the playoffs anyway). They however aren't going to buy him out. If he chose to negotiate a buyout for say 10-11mil then they would do it. He is chancing that even if he sits the entire season he will still get his 21mil and become a free agent to another team (prob. for much less). The NYK's don't want him for the future and will be rid of him after this season anyway. They don't want him/his contract.He doesn't want to settle or compromise (he doesn't even have an agent neg. on his behalf). If he doesn't settle he won't play here and lose another yr of playing (only 23 games last yr). He was benched b/c he's not wanted and he refused to negotiate a buyout in effect holding the NYK's hostage. He underestimates the repercussions of him doing so. The Knicks will be around far longer than SM....he needs to think less about $ and more about his future in BBall. Take the buyout (for less) Steph and go to a contender or all those opinions about your commitment and love for the game vs $ and being greedy will become fact!$ or a chance to win a championship? The choice is yours Steph. The NYK's have made their decision.

That was a Great post man!

Also like to say great gamethread again MSG the highlights from the Heat game were a very nice upgrade

About the Philly game I do see fat ass Eddy Curry comming of the bench in this 1 (but still no Steph) Philly has a lot of size and strength to throw at us down low. Coach D is going to have to off set that some how?....even if that means putting Eddy in the game to give David Lee and Z-Bo a rest, after all how long do you think 65 year old Malik Rose can play 30 min a game backing them both up? I think Eddy will either be traded or get very limited minuts untll he losses about 40 lbs and gains some passion!

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by Toons
    that sux...
    y the **** is a spurs fan here?
    go on a spurs sight...
    this is a members only, knicks fan site
    Then go to the Crawford site.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

^LMAOOO damn metro....anyways i think something did happen behind the scenes and that may have just closed the curtain on the Marbury era in New York...i would like to see him play he'll be a huge assset to have but he's done in NY...i think theres a trade in the works somewhere