Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Game 2: Knicks @ 76ers 10/31

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Yeah, we would be up by 40 points if Mebury was playing...NOT. Back to reality guys. The 76ers are a much better team than the Knicks, with or without Mebury. This is a rebuilding year, so why play a guy that has nothing to do with the future and you want to evaluate players that might be a part of the future.

Rubio is a much better defender than Nash. He led the league in steals the last couple of years.
    No one said we would be up by 40. Marburys ability to score, break down defenses, and find open teammates would make this game closer. And i think hes a better defender then Duhorne. If you dont think he should play i cant change your opinion. Theres alotta people who feel that way. I just think with how hard hes worked out, with him showing effort at improving his attitude, and what hes gettin paid he should be playing. IHe should at least get the chance to earn some of his money. We've payed him alotta money and obviously things havent gone well since isiah brought in larry brown but thats not marburys fault. That specific year, his attitude couldve been better considering what he was gettin paid but hes been better since 06-07.

Originally Posted by JayJ44
    Problem was, there really was no big to be signed, MSG. Chris Duhon has been pretty unspectacular so far. Hasn't been terrible, but hasn't really helped us at all. And his defense seems pretty overrated, once again, not terrible but nothing special. It's still obviously very early in the season, so we'll see. I think if Starbury was in the game, we'd still be losing, but it wouldn't be the blowout it's turning into. He could provide some sorely needed easy baskets with his penetration. Also, it is painfully obvious that we need an interior defensive presence.
    That O'bryant guy the celtics signed didnt look bad in preseason. He was blockin some shots which is exactly what we need. Im guessin they signed him for the minimum. He hasnt played yet for them so maybe im wrong about him but for the minimum it cant hurt. We signed roberson and duhon, it just doesnt make sense that we signed 2 guards when interior defense is our biggest weakness and its been since kurt thomas and mutombo left.

Veteran

I'm just gonna listen to nothing D'antoni says ever again. Who knows if he even means it.

I don't know if this team will make the playoffs with this team. But I can't argue with the desire to move forward with younger players. But he should have handled the Steph situation better, and definitely not said they'd make the playoffs and not play their best player. Nuts.

But It's better to sit through a rebuilding year knowingly, than to mislead. Sucks to be looking forward to next year... But we're Knicks fans.. As long as I can remember, there is always next year.

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    That O'bryant guy the celtics signed didnt look bad in preseason. He was blockin some shots which is exactly what we need. Im guessin they signed him for the minimum. He hasnt played yet for them so maybe im wrong about him but for the minimum it cant hurt. We signed roberson and duhon, it just doesnt make sense that we signed 2 guards when interior defense is our biggest weakness and its been since kurt thomas and mutombo left.
    O'Bryant is more of a project, wouldn't of helped us much this season. But you just reminded me that Mutombo was available this off-season, and I think he still is. Not nearly what he used to be, but still played pretty well last season during the Rocket's streak. I think he would help us more than Curry and Malik Rose. But too late now, doesn't look like we're in a position to sign anyone now.

Originally Posted by JayJ44
    O'Bryant is more of a project, wouldn't of helped us much this season. But you just reminded me that Mutombo was available this off-season, and I think he still is. Not nearly what he used to be, but still played pretty well last season during the Rocket's streak. I think he would help us more than Curry and Malik Rose.
    Sadly, Mutombo at 50 >> Curry

I agree that O'bryant is a project and he'll never be more then a backup if that. But I consider Curry to not even be a project, hes a waste of space. Malik rose is also useless. According to mike D'antoni, jared jeffries will be our center when he comes back.

Yay! Gallo gets his first points. Hopefully he will be able to get many more. But he definitely looks like he needs a lot of work.

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay

Yay! Gallo gets his first points. Hopefully he will be able to get many more. But he definitely looks like he needs a lot of work.
    I really don't love what I see so far. He's not very athletic or quick. I guess if he has a good outside shot, he'll have some use, but I am disappointed so far.

Pretty much everything that could go wrong did. No one really played well. DLee hustled a bit and was decent. Everyone else was trash. Crawford and ZBo were awful and took terrible shots through the entire game.

Let Danilo play more. Atlesast he TRYS to play Defense. He was always hustling and working to defend whoever he was on when he was in.

Nate looked like ****. Pure ****. Turning the ball over, taking bad, selfish shots.

Disgusting game, but this **** is bound to happen. Hopefully this will be a wakeup call to some guys to get their acts together.

Actually felt kinda bad for Curry when I saw him on the Bench. He looked like he was going to cry. Hopefully some common sense smacked him in the face and he'll learn that you have to earn playing time...

[QUOTE=MSGKnickz33;69022]No one said we would be up by 40. Marburys ability to score, break down defenses, and find open teammates would make this game closer. And i think hes a better defender then Duhorne. If you dont think he should play i cant change your opinion. Theres alotta people who feel that way. I just think with how hard hes worked out, with him showing effort at improving his attitude, and what hes gettin paid he should be playing. IHe should at least get the chance to earn some of his money. We've payed him alotta money and obviously things havent gone well since isiah brought in larry brown but thats not marburys fault. That specific year, his attitude couldve been better considering what he was gettin paid but hes been better since 06-07.

I agree MSG. No one said we would be up by 40 or that we would even be winning but at least he MIGHT have provided us with an opportunity to be closer.

I know the sixers are a better team but damn this was embarrassing. We didn't even compete. D'antoni and the Knicks have got to get this defense together because when we're not scoring, we are getting our ass handed to us. At least with some defense the end score could look a little respectable. It seemed like everything the sixers put up went in.

I agree that O'bryant is a project and he'll never be more then a backup if that. But I consider Curry to not even be a project, hes a waste of space. Malik rose is also useless. According to mike D'antoni, jared jeffries will be our center when he comes back.
    Jeffries at center? He's not gonna help anything. He's way too skinny to defend other centers in the league. This is gonna be a long season.

You guys have difficulties recognizing sarcasm. Lighten up, I was joking with the up by 40 stuff.

[quote=amilion;69031]
    No one said we would be up by 40. Marburys ability to score, break down defenses, and find open teammates would make this game closer. And i think hes a better defender then Duhorne. If you dont think he should play i cant change your opinion. Theres alotta people who feel that way. I just think with how hard hes worked out, with him showing effort at improving his attitude, and what hes gettin paid he should be playing. IHe should at least get the chance to earn some of his money. We've payed him alotta money and obviously things havent gone well since isiah brought in larry brown but thats not marburys fault. That specific year, his attitude couldve been better considering what he was gettin paid but hes been better since 06-07.

I agree MSG. No one said we would be up by 40 or that we would even be winning but at least he MIGHT have provided us with an opportunity to be closer.

I know the sixers are a better team but damn this was embarrassing. We didn't even compete. D'antoni and the Knicks have got to get this defense together because when we're not scoring, we are getting our ass handed to us. At least with some defense the end score could look a little respectable. It seemed like everything the sixers put up went in.
    Defense has nothing to do with Dantoni. They showed that he preaches it in practice and pressures guys to play it. It is the players. They won't play D. He is only the coach, he cannot make them do anything. The only thing he can do is not play them, i.e. like with Curry.

And with or without Stephon, we lose. Philly is a good team and we played our worst game of the season. Atleast we got it out of the way early.

Steph is done. Deal with it. Lets move on.

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by SpursFan4Life
    No it has to do with the team not playing defense.
    I agree. But in D'Antoni's system, defense is not emphasized. That's why you need as much offense as possible, in D'Antoni's system. Marbury's ability to get to the basket at will would've been a big help tonight. Duhon lacks offense, so he basically makes the Knicks handicap, when he has one of his usual 5 point performances. On a team that has zero defense, you NEED offense. Duhon doesn't provide offense; Marbury does. Also, Q-Hitch sucks. Chandler is capable of scoring at least 15 points per game, given the playing time. But because Richardson is getting the start, he's unable to maximize his scoring.

Originally Posted by abcd
    I agree. But in D'Antoni's system, defense is not emphasized. That's why you need as much offense as possible, in D'Antoni's system. Marbury's ability to get to the basket at will would've been a big help tonight.
    No.

Watch the practices they've shown, He talks about Defense all the time and in timeouts when they do the mic check thing.

MArbury would not have made a difference.

Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    Steph is done. Deal with it. Lets move on.
    Sayin somethin like this wont change the number of times Starbury gets brought up per hour. It seems like 80% of posts have involved his name. Right now thats the most popular news in the newspapers and on tv so thats whats gonna be talked about the most on here. We dont know what will end up happening. Maybe we'll play real bad and D'antoni will have marbury play. Or maybe Marbury will take less then the 23 million hes owed and get bought out. Like i said we dont know what will happen so until then people need to stop postin stuff like what you posted.

Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    No.

Watch the practices they've shown, He talks about Defense all the time and in timeouts when they do the mic check thing.

MArbury would not have made a difference.
    Duhon-5pts (1-8), 7asts
    Nate Robinson-12pts (4-14), 2asts

Marbury cant do no better then that? **** outta here