Game 2: Knicks @ 76ers 10/31

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
The New York Knicks (1-0) vs The Philadelphia 76ers (0-1)
Fri. 10/31 at 7:00pm ET on MSG​

aerial.jpg

Welcome to the MSGKnickz33 Pregame show, Im your host the Gold Mac 10 and its time for a new season to begin. Watching the Knicks >> Trick or treating. The Knicks offense was impressive in their first game against Miami as they defeated the Heat 120-115. They were in control most of the game until about half way through the 4th quarter, when they allowed philadelphia to get close. Nate Robinson hit some big shots down the stretch and helped the knicks win. Jamal Crawford knocked down 2 free throw shots with 12 seconds left to seal the deal.

Crawford led the way for the Knicks with 29pts, 4asts, and 4rbs. Zach randolph scored 20 points and grabbed 9 rebounds. Wilson Chandler also finished with 9 rebounds. He scored 17 points and played very well off the bench. Quentin Richardson and David Lee both finished with 16 points. Lee also had 11 rebounds to lead the knicks. Despite Duhon being the starting point guard, Nate Robinson played more like a point guard finishing the game with 13 points, 7 assists, and no turnovers. Duhon had only 9 points and 3 assists in 38 minutes of play.

It wont be as easy for Crawford against Andre Iguodala and the Philadelphia 76ers. They lost their first game to the Toronto Raptors. The sixers managed to grab 23 more rebounds then Toronto and still lose by 11 points. Philadelphia offensively was off. They only shot 34.5% from the field. Elton Brand, one of biggest offseason aqcuisitions, finished with 14 points and 13 rebounds in 39 minutes of play. Toronto was lucky that the sixer couldnt buy a basket. The Knicks will not be as lucky. They will have to play more defense then they did against the Heat to remain undefeated.

If you were unable to see the Heat game heres the highlights

STARTING LINEUPS

The Philadelphia 76ers

pg-Andre Miller
sg-Andre Iguodala
sf-Thaddeus Young
pf-Elton Brand
C-Samuel Dalembert

3331.jpg
3826.jpg
4290.jpg
elton_brand_face082.jpg
3534.jpg

Backups:Louis Williams, Willie Green, Reggie Evans, Donyell Marshall, Kareem Rush, Theo Ratliff, Royal Ivey

knicks.gif

hongkong_073007rh.jpg

AND NOW YOUR NEW YORK KNICKS!!!!

AT POINT GUARD CHRIS DUHON
AT SHOOTING GUARD JAMAL CRAWFORD
AT SMALL FORWARD QUENTIN RICHARDSON
AT POWER FORWARD DAVID LEE
AT CENTER ZACH RANDOLPH

3855.jpg
3407.jpg
3417.jpg
3956.jpg
3531.jpg

BACKUPS: NATE ROBINSON, WILSON CHANDLER, MARDY COLLINS, MALIK ROSE, DANILO GALLINARI

MSG33 PresEnTs the KeY MatChuP: Elton Brand vs Zach Randolph

nba_a_eltonbrand_300.jpg

71821827GS007_elton-brand-producer-toronto.jpg

nba_g_randolph_260.jpg

p1.randolph.jpg

Zach Randolph

Zach Randolph gave Udonis Haslem a lot of problems on Wednesday night. Z-bo played about 30 and a half minutes. He managed to score 20 points (7-15) and he also had 9 rebounds, 2 assists, and 2 steals. Zach is probably one of the least athletic power forwards in the nba, but he manages to put up all star numbers. He has a good basketball iq, using up fakes and hook shots to get his shots off in the low post. He also has a nice mid range game. He needs to put more effort in on defense. Elton Brand is about he same height and size, but because of his athleticism this might be a tough matchup for Zach.

Elton Brand

Elton Brand is about he same height and size, but because of his athleticism this might be a tough matchup for Zach. Hes a good post player like Randolph, but his superior jumping ability will make it very difficult for Z-bo to slow him down. I expect at least 20 and 10 from Brand. The Knicks don't really have any players who can stop him or slow him down.

The Official MSG33 Pregame Strategy:
  • Share the ball: play as a team
  • Look to double Elton Brand in the paint
  • Transition Defense: Philly likes to run like us
  • Box Out: Sixers are a good rebounding team, we cant afford to get killed on the boards like the Raptors did

Player Spotlight

spotlight.jpg

Quentin Richardson

quentinrichardson_jpg_w300h334.jpg

img.47630_t.jpg

Quentin Richardson suprised me in the 1st game. He finished the game with 16 points (5-9), 4 rebounds, and 4 assists in just 28 minutes of play. His summer weight loss was anything but evident in preseason, as he struggled with his shot. He had it Wednesday night against Miami. If he can continue to shoot good and play some defense he might still be a valuable player in Mike D'antonis 7 seconds or less offense. Last year Richardson started to play better towards the end of the season, but overall he really struggled and looked like he was not too far from being ready to retire. Does he still have something left or was he lucky against Miami? Time will tell, thats why he has the spotlight on him.

New Joint of the Day:

Artist:Prodigy ft. Un Pacino and Big Twins
Title:Sex, Drugs, and Murder
Album:Product of the 80's
Year:2008

1zduq76.jpg

Download "Sex, Drugs, and Murder" Here:
12-prodigy-sex_drugs_and_murder__feat._big_twings_and_un_pacino___prod._by_sid_roams_.mp3 - 5.70MB

Knicks upcoming Schedule:

• Sun, Nov 2 vs Milwaukee 6:00 PM
  • Wed, Nov 5 vs Charlotte 7:30 PM
  • Fri, Nov 7 @ Washington 7:00 PM
  • Sun, Nov 9 vs Utah 3:00 PM
  • Tues, Nov 11 @ San Antonio 8:30 PM

Thanks for joining me for my first pregame show. And remember to watch the Knicks Friday night on MSG.

JayJ44

Starter
Another crazy good game thread MSG! Good Job!

This is gonna be tough for us to win. As you said, Philly likes to run, so were probably not gonna be able to tire them out. Plus, Brand is gonna give Zach some trouble. I think Starbury is gonna need to play for us to have a chance.

SpursFan4Life

Benchwarmer
Interesting matchup. Dalembert can definitely effect games if he's on his defensive game. But with the propensity of the runners on both teams I'd say it's gonna be a relatively high scoring game.

108-103 76ers

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The Knicks will lose this game. D'Antoni is stupid. He refuses to play his only All Star, so that he could play scrubs like Duhon and Collins. The Knicks got away with it against the Heat, but they won't get away with it against the 76ers. The 76ers are a good defensive team, and they have a lot of depth.

SpursFan4Life

Benchwarmer
The Knicks will lose this game. D'Antoni is stupid. He refuses to play his only All Star, so that he could play scrubs like Duhon and Collins. The Knicks got away with it against the Heat, but they won't get away with it against the 76ers. The 76ers are a good defensive team, and they have a lot of depth.

I hope you're not talking about Marbury.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I hope you're not talking about Marbury.

I believe he was and i also think marbury is the only all-star on the team. Hes still capable of making it and helpin the knicks get in the playoff race. We dont have the talent on this team to make the playoffs. Without Marbury were we wont even be in the race.

SpursFan4Life

Benchwarmer
I believe he was and i also think marbury is the only all-star on the team. Hes still capable of making it and helpin the knicks get in the playoff race. We dont have the talent on this team to make the playoffs. Without Marbury were we wont even be in the race.

But he plays even less defense than Steve Nash. Any good things he does are offset by the opposing PG/SG.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
But he plays even less defense than Steve Nash. Any good things he does are offset by the opposing PG/SG.

Who Marbury? You must be talkin about crawford. Marburys the best defensive guard on this team.

smh @ duhorn gettin burned last night

smh @ his overrated defense

SpursFan4Life

Benchwarmer
Who Marbury? You must be talkin about crawford. Marburys the best defensive guard on this team.

smh @ duhorn gettin burned last night

smh @ his overrated defense

hmmm well the series he had against Tony Parker in 2003 he regularly got burned on defense. He played no defense. Maybe he's gotten better since then.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
hmmm well the series he had against Tony Parker in 2003 he regularly got burned on defense. He played no defense. Maybe he's gotten better since then.

I agree that he didnt play defense earlier in his career. He didnt get better until 2007 where he played some of the best defense I seen a point guard play.

SpursFan4Life

Benchwarmer
I agree that he didnt play defense earlier in his career. He didnt get better until 2007 where he played some of the best defense I seen a point guard play.

Just curious but what was good about it? Is he an Iverson type defender or a Gary Payton type defender?

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Just curious but what was good about it? Is he an Iverson type defender or a Gary Payton type defender?

I cant really compare him to payton or iverson. He did a great job of stayin in front of his opponent, smotherin them. He got a hand in his opponents face every time they took a shot and his defensive footwork was as good as it gets. I believe that if he got conistent playin time within a month we would see him really get going and start playin real good on both ends of the court. It would become obvious that hes still the best player on this team.

SpursFan4Life

Benchwarmer
I cant really compare him to payton or iverson. He did a great job of stayin in front of his opponent, smotherin them. He got a hand in his opponents face every time they took a shot and his defensive footwork was as good as it gets. I believe that if he got conistent playin time within a month we would see him really get going and start playin real good on both ends of the court. It would become obvious that hes still the best player on this team.

Fair enough. Two things though. Will he improve and maintain his defense in D'Antoni's system? I would guess he wouldn't but it's a toss up. The other thing is why has he consistently failed to lead a team anywhere? After he left Phoenix and NJ, they got markedly better. Was he just unlucky?

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Fair enough. Two things though. Will he improve and maintain his defense in D'Antoni's system? I would guess he wouldn't but it's a toss up. The other thing is why has he consistently failed to lead a team anywhere? After he left Phoenix and NJ, they got markedly better. Was he just unlucky?

Thats part of it. He did have attitude problems when he was younger but there were additional reasons why those teams got better. New Jersey got Richard Jefferson the year after marbury left and kenyon martin was entering his 2nd season. Most players improve from their 1st year to the 2nd year.

Since Larry Brown left marburys attitude has improved and his defense. Hes trying his best to do whats wanted of him but he needs a chance. I think he'll be great in D'antonis system. Hes the best passer we have, the best at breakin down defenses, the best offensively, and hes faster then duhorn. Crawford is a streaky shooter, he shoots bad more then he shoots good. And he doesnt play any defense.

SpursFan4Life

Benchwarmer
Thats part of it. He did have attitude problems when he was younger but there were additional reasons why those teams got better. New Jersey got Richard Jefferson the year after marbury left and kenyon martin was entering his 2nd season. Most players improve from their 1st year to the 2nd year.

Since Larry Brown left marburys attitude has improved and his defense. Hes trying his best to do whats wanted of him but he needs a chance. I think he'll be great in D'antonis system. Hes the best passer we have, the best at breakin down defenses, the best offensively, and hes faster then duhorn. Crawford is a streaky shooter, he shoots bad more then he shoots good. And he doesnt play any defense.

Oh you're preaching to the choir on Crawford. Watching Spurs games where a player gets his ass chewed out for having bad shot selection, it drive me nuts to watch Crawford. I'm just no sold on Marbury. As much as I think D'Antoni is a whiny bitch of a coach, I also think he's a good judge of talent and knows who would work in his systems.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Oh you're preaching to the choir on Crawford. Watching Spurs games where a player gets his ass chewed out for having bad shot selection, it drive me nuts to watch Crawford. I'm just no sold on Marbury. As much as I think D'Antoni is a whiny bitch of a coach, I also think he's a good judge of talent and knows who would work in his systems.

I partially agree about D'antoni but only time will tell. D'antoni doesnt see marbury in the future plans and I got no problem with that. Were tryin to get under the cap in 2010 and it makes sense to re-sign him. But it dont make sense benchin him when hes still the best guard. And i hope to see him get the chance so who can prove that to alotta people. Hes got a large group of haters now. Alotta the sh!t they say about him is unfair. If there not gonna play him they should buy him out.

SpursFan4Life

Benchwarmer
Well if they wanna trade him they need to play him to up his value a little bit. Right now it's at 0...or below 0 if that's possible. I'm not sure what D'Antoni's reasons are for benching him but you're right. Unless they intend to buy him out I don't get it.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Sick Pre-Game MSGKnickz33!! this is gona be a challange for us and with Philly losing thier season opener they're gonna come out better out the gates and were gonna have to hold on to leads not like what we did against the heat cause chances are were not gonna have a 23 point lead.....anyways we could come away with this one if we play efficietly...this is a winnable game but we gotta play smart meaning Chandler gets more minutes than Q....if we win this we could be 4-0 we got the Bucks and Bobcats at home coming up next:gony:

TunerAddict

Starter

Last I knew we haven't had an allstar in years...