Game 2: Knicks @ 76ers 10/31

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
MSG another great game thread man, its almost like your to good at them. but this game should be interesting. i know we fell to the 76'ers in preseason but look who has the winning record here. i bet mike will bench steph and fat curry again just to prove a point but i think he needs to start plauing steph, we wouldnt have almost thrown away the game to miami if steph was in the game.

GetRealistic

Starter
a player whos capable of playin at an all star level :smokin:

If were going on straight capability its Wilson Chandler. Marbury was an allstar back in like 2003 and he hasn't come close to being an all star since. I know he can still play and some of you are big fans but he's not at an all star level anymore.

Also Marbury is an awful fit for this offensive system. He dominates the ball and over dribbles and looks for his own shot first. The slightest hesitation in ball movement stops this offense completely.

ABCD your a tool by the way with all your comments. Pretty sure you wrote the same exact post last game about if Duhon and Collins play were going to get beat. Guess that didn't happen.

I'm predicting a win. The Philly crowd is going to be silent and or empty becaues there all going to be burnt out or still partying from the Phillies parade. Knicks 114 76ers 106

Toons

is the Bo$$
coach d needs to give steph a chance to show what he's worth. i still believe there is a reason for the benching that we will never know. My bet is, he plays tonight...16 pts 5 assists in 22 minutes. he played in preseason, so obviously coach dosent have a problem with him on the floor. Dantoni just has to put his foot down and let every1 know that he is the boss. Ya never know....steph might b in coach's favor. How else would i make a statement to the entire team? make an example out of the best player. Every1 wins that way...coach gets respect, duhon wont say a word when he returns to his natural position as a back up because he knows he wud be picking splinters out of his ass if he does, and marbury gets the starting nod for the remainder of the season. thats not too far from reality

GetRealistic

Starter
People Steph is not going to play tonight. There was no secret meaning behind him being benched. D'Antoni flat out told everybody exactly why he got benched. He's not in the future plans and he'd rather play the young guys who are here for the long haul...

Theres no conspiracy he just doesn't want to play Stephon point blank. Marbury didn't do anything behind the scenes to piss D'Antoni off. Mardy Collins didn't out play him. D'Antoni is being truthful and he wants to the youth to play.

He played in the preseason as a showcase to show other teams he could still play.

Only way he's going to play is if theres a major injury or its a blow out. Move on

The Post actually reported today that the Knicks may just tell Marbury to stay away until they find a trade or buy him out.

Toons

is the Bo$$
that sux...
y the fukk is a spurs fan here?
go on a spurs sight...
this is a members only, knicks fan site

Red

TYPE-A
It's simple: Everyone knows Marbaury is good but not worth 21mil. Marbs. knows the NYK's can't trade him b/c his contract is too large and he's not worth 21mil. So he thinks he can hold the org hostage b/c he wants his $ and is willing to sit 4 it. The knicks are willing 2 sit him and take another losing season (b/c no one expects the playoffs anyway). They however aren't going to buy him out. If he chose to negotiate a buyout for say 10-11mil then they would do it. He is chancing that even if he sits the entire season he will still get his 21mil and become a free agent to another team (prob. for much less). The NYK's don't want him for the future and will be rid of him after this season anyway. They don't want him/his contract.He doesn't want to settle or compromise (he doesn't even have an agent neg. on his behalf). If he doesn't settle he won't play here and lose another yr of playing (only 23 games last yr). He was benched b/c he's not wanted and he refused to negotiate a buyout in effect holding the NYK's hostage. He underestimates the repercussions of him doing so. The Knicks will be around far longer than SM....he needs to think less about $ and more about his future in BBall. Take the buyout (for less) Steph and go to a contender or all those opinions about your commitment and love for the game vs $ and being greedy will become fact!$ or a chance to win a championship? The choice is yours Steph. The NYK's have made their decision.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
If were going on straight capability its Wilson Chandler. Marbury was an allstar back in like 2003 and he hasn't come close to being an all star since. I know he can still play and some of you are big fans but he's not at an all star level anymore.

Also Marbury is an awful fit for this offensive system. He dominates the ball and over dribbles and looks for his own shot first. The slightest hesitation in ball movement stops this offense completely.

ABCD your a tool by the way with all your comments. Pretty sure you wrote the same exact post last game about if Duhon and Collins play were going to get beat. Guess that didn't happen.

I'm predicting a win. The Philly crowd is going to be silent and or empty becaues there all going to be burnt out or still partying from the Phillies parade. Knicks 114 76ers 106

Marbury is a better fit for this offensive system then duhorn is. Hes faster, hes a better passer, and hes better at breaking down defenses. I dont know what teams preseason games you were watching. Marbury was lookin to pass, pass, and pass.

Im predictin that we play bad and lose by 10 or more.

People Steph is not going to play tonight. There was no secret meaning behind him being benched. D'Antoni flat out told everybody exactly why he got benched. He's not in the future plans and he'd rather play the young guys who are here for the long haul...

Theres no conspiracy he just doesn't want to play Stephon point blank. Marbury didn't do anything behind the scenes to piss D'Antoni off. Mardy Collins didn't out play him. D'Antoni is being truthful and he wants to the youth to play.

He played in the preseason as a showcase to show other teams he could still play.

Only way he's going to play is if theres a major injury or its a blow out. Move on

The Post actually reported today that the Knicks may just tell Marbury to stay away until they find a trade or buy him out.

Well there not gonna find a trade....and donnie doesnt buy players out so they might as well play him so he can earn some of that 23 million hes gettin paid. Hes still the best guard on this team.

I dont really care what end up happening, other then i dont want to see him inactive or playin for the celtics. He can get bought out tomorrow and its not a big deal to me, i understand him not being part of the future of this team. But they cant keep not playing him.

Elequant

It's simple: Everyone knows Marbaury is good but not worth 21mil. Marbs. knows the NYK's can't trade him b/c his contract is too large and he's not worth 21mil. So he thinks he can hold the org hostage b/c he wants his $ and is willing to sit 4 it. The knicks are willing 2 sit him and take another losing season (b/c no one expects the playoffs anyway). They however aren't going to buy him out. If he chose to negotiate a buyout for say 10-11mil then they would do it. He is chancing that even if he sits the entire season he will still get his 21mil and become a free agent to another team (prob. for much less). The NYK's don't want him for the future and will be rid of him after this season anyway. They don't want him/his contract.He doesn't want to settle or compromise (he doesn't even have an agent neg. on his behalf). If he doesn't settle he won't play here and lose another yr of playing (only 23 games last yr). He was benched b/c he's not wanted and he refused to negotiate a buyout in effect holding the NYK's hostage. He underestimates the repercussions of him doing so. The Knicks will be around far longer than SM....he needs to think less about $ and more about his future in BBall. Take the buyout (for less) Steph and go to a contender or all those opinions about your commitment and love for the game vs $ and being greedy will become fact!$ or a chance to win a championship? The choice is yours Steph. The NYK's have made their decision.

That was a Great post man!

Also like to say great gamethread again MSG the highlights from the Heat game were a very nice upgrade :)

About the Philly game I do see fat ass Eddy Curry comming of the bench in this 1 (but still no Steph) Philly has a lot of size and strength to throw at us down low. Coach D is going to have to off set that some how?....even if that means putting Eddy in the game to give David Lee and Z-Bo a rest, after all how long do you think 65 year old Malik Rose can play 30 min a game backing them both up? I think Eddy will either be traded or get very limited minuts untll he losses about 40 lbs and gains some passion!

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
^LMAOOO:teeth::teeth: damn metro....anyways i think something did happen behind the scenes and that may have just closed the curtain on the Marbury era in New York...i would like to see him play he'll be a huge assset to have but he's done in NY...i think theres a trade in the works somewhere

metrocard

Legend
Trading Marbury anything but for an expiring + draft pick is a failure to Walsh's position, the Knicks franchise and my soul.

I don't know why D'Antoni is being so stubborn now. he should let the most skilled/experience guard on this grow within the offense.

But no.
Marbury is selfish.
He isn't a team player.
Not a pure PG.

Repeated for the 499494949949494949th time.

Pedro De Pacas

Benchwarmer
I can't wait till this seasons over and Marbury is history for the Knicks....I hope the people here could manage to get over it and don't have to discuss about him anymore in every single thread...

@metro
If he isn't going to play for us anymore, what do you want to get instead of expiring contracts and draft pics? Do you really think other teams will give away equally talented players for his huge contract for one lousy championship- or playoff-run? They rather wait until we buy him out and get him for cheap.

SpursFan4Life

Benchwarmer
that sux...
y the fukk is a spurs fan here?
go on a spurs sight...
this is a members only, knicks fan site

I'm sick of everyone being so awesome at Spurs sites so I decided to come here and see how many Marbury nuthuggers there are. I see you're part of that club.

I'm happy they won the first game, but I feel they could've used Steph down the stretch. Anyone agree. They are a young team, and an experienced vet could've definitely helped keep things from getting out of hand. Well, I'll be at the games in person on 11/2 and 11/5. Bought my ticktes from nyknicks.com for 50% off. They are doing half priced deals for those games. Type in FACE to get the discount.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I'm sick of everyone being so awesome at Spurs sites so I decided to come here and see how many Marbury nuthuggers there are. I see you're part of that club.

Marbury nuthuggers dont exist on this site. Theres people who defend him from the unfair hatred that he recieves but no ones sayin hes great. We do have crawford and lee nuthuggers on here...

SpursFan4Life

Benchwarmer
Marbury nuthuggers dont exist on this site. Theres people who defend him from the unfair hatred that he recieves but no ones sayin hes great. We do have crawford and lee nuthuggers on here...

Why did he go after me for being a Spurs fan? Still upset about 1999?

definitely marbury nuthuggers here

ive said from the beginning, i like marbury, ill like him more at this point when he's not on our team anymore

spurs fan,their seems to be a weird thing going on where everyone hates isiah for his decisions and staying with them,but then they're against getting rid of the biggest off the court distraction he brought in. people want to see the knicks win or lose and build the team for the future, some people want to see marbury play and whatever happens happens. no one person is bigger than the team, same with favre in green bay, sometimes theirs more going on than what people know about (or, in the case of fighting the head coach with fists, which people fully know about), relationships run their course.

i have no problems with steph on some creepy personal level,same way i dont love him on some creepy personal level. i got a few pairs of starbury's i wear when it rains, i dont think he's a cancer to the team, but i dont think he's a team player with who we have currently for whateverthe****reason.

the thing is, for the longest time isiah was telling him to be the number one player, and the team didnt buy into it. unfortunately, the time has passed and if the new coach doesnt see him fitting in, after what he's done with his previous team, ill trust him. not blindly, but im not going to fight for one person on the court over the rest of them. atleast not until we have some W's and stop dealing with all this garbage we've had to go through the past near 10 years. (exception:ejr)

oh people here will also say i am some other dude that posts here under another name, because i guess they have some sissy beef going on and think because i agree with one of them randomly i MUST be him....so yeah, sweep what i say under the rug, or whatever they say blahblahblah

jpz17

Starter
sorry msg, not feelin this thread.. Only because it will be hard to top your first one. Its still good though. I hope 76ers don't double team chandler.. If Marbury plays he will score 20+, maybe 30

SpursFan4Life

Benchwarmer
I hope you stay on.. Its real interesting to have other fans here

I think I'll try to stay on. I like getting a feel for a different type of franchise and their fans. Unless that franchise happens to be in Dallas or Phoenix. Then those fans can suck on my nuts.