Game 2: Knicks @ 76ers 10/31

KBlack25

Starter
I'm just gonna throw this out there, ESPN's Jason Smith had this to say about Stephon Marbury

"If you're a Knicks fan, how are you cheering for Marbury at all? He stands for everything that's been wrong with the team for the last 5 years. How could you cheer to have him back in the game?"

pat

Starter
It's the second game of the season. Let's not jump to conclusions. We all knew they are not going to be a totally different team from day one. There is a reason why the Knicks haven't won a championship in a very looooooong time: lack of patience. This is exactly what I hated IT most for. He traded for the sake of trading or to give the media something to discuss other than himself. I like that he is not just doing what seems to be the most popular decision.

We all don't know what is going on behind closed doors and generally speaking I think that is a good sign. Why should he put him on the inactive list for no particular reason? I don't believe he is a big fan of losing (at least he wasn't in Phoenix).

paris401

Starter
i can understand the team wants to go in a different direction... that is fair enough... BUT... if your best player, is not part of that direction, don't put him at the end of the bench, or de-activate him... let him go... you owe him 21.9m... pay him, get him off the bench and start the rebuild..

metrocard

Legend
Ewwwww.

Marbury on the inactive level is really unessary. Whatever is going on, we don't know about it.

Marbury did all the right things and came to training camp with the perfect attitude.

He got deaded.
He got disrespected.
He got put on an inferior.

Be honest with yourself, a top 10-15 PG in the NBA doesn't deserve this kind of treatment.

Its not about our favorite player, its about playing the most skilled and experience played on the roster.

Its just a simple fact.

Chemistry? I seen no chemistry without Marbury, so honestly not playing him has no reasoning.

Anthony Roberson over Stephon is practically a joke.

I don't even want Marbury on the Knicks anymore if he's going to be treated like this.

Marbury doesn't even preform bad, he puts up excellent preformances and numbers...people just don't like the guy and will say the dumbest sh*t with no reasoning.

Let Marbury free somewhere else were he could be successful with a winning team who knows how to use skilled, experience penetration PG's who are 22nd all time in NBA history in passing.

D'Antoni f*cked up.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Stupid decisions deserve negative feedback period. You play your best, if they are not participating or not acting proper then that's a different story. Starbury is cooperating, playing as a team when he's on the floor, attacking the basket like no other, got in great shape, is willing to play the side role and THIS (meaning NOTHING) is what he gets.

I have already seen what happens when the Knicks play real teams, we either get lucky with poor shot selections, or pray for the other team to miss a large amount of shots.

This is going to continue and we will more then likely not see any great basketball until Next season. Unless a big trade is made involving Snatch, Crawful, Curry..or activate Starbury to play.

I resent these decisions that are being made, D Antoni is great but come on now. Did you see "Crawfords Knicks" on the knicks.com site...I was about to jump out the window and end it all. (Ok not really but mentally I was jumping out of my mind)

As long as this team is "Crawfords Knicks" we will continue to be in the shytter. Ladies and Gentlemen...we are in heLL!

I like you Akumu, I think that your post have a lot of insight to them so don't think that I am attacking your opinion but.....

Mike Dantoni is not responsible for the title "Crawfords Knicks" that is the marketing folks who want to make Crawford the face of the team. I'm no Ad Exec. (did my dance with Coperate America, and I un-gracefully bowed out!) so I can only speculate on why they think Jamal is a good canidate for the face of the team. But I havent really heard Dantoni say that he felt Jamal is our franchise player. I've heard him rave more about D.Lee,Zach,Nate and Wilson than Jamal. He predicted Jamal should do well in this system because his ability to score the ball, but never really indicated that these are "Crawford's Knicks". What kills me is that the argument is made that Steph is not the reason The Knicks lose; which is very true, but then the people who make those arguments for Steph are ready to pin blame on Jamal for our lack of success!

Now back to Steph....True he came into shape in great shape and looked like he could still get to hole as good as anyone in the league. But there are intagiables to this situation that we the fans would not know about. This ruling could be influenced by Steph's teamates. Look Isiah lost his team when he didnt bench Steph last year per the request of the team, and rumor has it is Dantoni polled the team prior to the season begining and the players did not want him around.Now according to Steph he approached each of his teamates and asked them was there an issue with him, and from what he said they all said they didnt have a problem with him, so why non of them man'd up and said anything then is beyond me. But maybe Mike is afraid of losing his players like Isiah did after the Phoenix incident? Not to mention he did call his coach during training camp by saying "I'm not coming off the bench for The Knicks", now as a fan that was forgiven in my eyes when he came back later on to say he would take a more reduced role, but then again it was not me who he put on blast!

pat

Starter
Let Marbury free somewhere else were he could be successful with a winning team who knows how to use skilled, experience penetration PG's who are 22nd all time in NBA history in passing.

D'Antoni f*cked up.

That would be something. As I said before. We don't know what's going on behind closed doors. I wish him all the best on another team and I would really like his effect on another club. My guess would be that no team with a winning formula is going to put in the variable Marbury as it simply seems to be a bit risky. But as I wish nobody any harm, I wouldn't begrudge his success.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i give credit to 76ers the flat out out played us...they were hitting some tough shots early and we were settling for 3's 2 early...and we need to get rid of Crawford he takes 2 many retarded hots...what the hell is Roberson doing playing over Marburys thats f***in hilarious....we need Chandler to play more and be more involved when he's in the game...anyways i expect us to come out strong out the gates on Sunday vs the bucks coming off this lose and us being at home....and we should take care of the Bobcats

Paul1355

All Star
I missed the game and I am happy I did...can anyone tell me how we got blown out?

I saw the stats and every one on the Knicks shot in the 30 percent range. Must have been a cold night for everyone.

JayJ44

Starter
I missed the game and I am happy I did...can anyone tell me how we got blown out?

I saw the stats and every one on the Knicks shot in the 30 percent range. Must have been a cold night for everyone.

You're lucky, by the end my eyes were bleeding. Elton Brand did whatever he wanted in the paint, we had no answer for him. Their defense was pretty good, and we took bad shots. Everyone had a really bad game, and our lack of interior defense was really obvious. Plus, our defense was non-existent.

TunerAddict

Starter
You're lucky, by the end my eyes were bleeding. Elton Brand did whatever he wanted in the paint, we had no answer for him. Their defense was pretty good, and we took bad shots. Everyone had a really bad game, and our lack of interior defense was really obvious. Plus, our defense was non-existent.

Plus it hurts when we get good open shots and just miss them again and again and again....

Plus Dalembert has such a fieldday you could see whenever guys went in the paint they were always looking out for him and their shots were worse for their caution.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
We got a game tomorrow at 6 against the Bucks. Whoever wants to make the game thread go for it. Im sick and im about to go to bed. I might be on later but i dont feel like makin the game thread. Jpz or david Lee...whoever wants to make it yall got the job.

:barf:

*goes through movies*

*picks he got game*

*puts on king of new york*

*falls asleep*

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
i just want to say that this game was an absolute disaster, nothing we did went right, the defense was terrible, and we lost by 30+ pts. Maybe this a wake up call for D' antoni and his decision to put marbs on the incative list was a really bad move, getting a DNP is one thing but to be put on the IL is another.

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
We got a game tomorrow at 6 against the Bucks. Whoever wants to make the game thread go for it. Im sick and im about to go to bed. I might be on later but i dont feel like makin the game thread. Jpz or david Lee...whoever wants to make it yall got the job.

:barf:

*goes through movies*

*picks he got game*

*puts on king of new york*

*falls asleep*

If i have time tonight i will try to make it but my vote is for JPZ.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i say Jpz should do the tread he's the second best game thread maker on the site....thats not a bad thing so dont feel offended loll....its just that MSGKinckz33 is on his own level with that shit

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Umm... likely we would be 1-1 with Steph playing this season. We lost this game by 30 there is no player in this league that would help a team make up that much ground! Look our team was no good in any of the years that you just mentioned. Remember Isiah's first season as coach and we got hit by injuries and Steph was putting up like 26 ppg at one stretch, guess what or team still lost most of the games during that stretch. The bottom line is that we have not had a good team any of those years that you pointed out so I'm not sure if any many more of those loses without him would've been wins had he played. Isnt "Team Starbury's" battle cry that the reason we have lost with Steph on the roster is because the rest of the team sucks?So by your own logic we would've lost those games anyways. So a losing record without Steph is a bit misleading.

I like Steph and I wish he was playing but it is corny to attack Dantoni for not playing your favorite player
Are you serious? It's corny to attack a coach for throwing a season down the drain? The Knicks will be lucky to win 25 games, if D'Antoni keeps starting Duhon and Richardson.

The Knicks would've been 0-2, if D'Antoni had his wishes. He was going to bench Zach Randolph for Jared Jeffries, if you remember.

PG Duhon
SG Crawford
SF Richardson
PF Lee
C Jeffries

D'Antoni's original plan for the starting lineup.

SMH

TunerAddict

Starter
i just want to say that this game was an absolute disaster, nothing we did went right, the defense was terrible, and we lost by 30+ pts. Maybe this a wake up call for D' antoni and his decision to put marbs on the incative list was a really bad move, getting a DNP is one thing but to be put on the IL is another.

You're wrong. Marbury asked to be put on the inactive list when D told him he wasn't going to play.

Actually felt kinda bad for Curry when I saw him on the Bench. He looked like he was going to cry. Hopefully some common sense smacked him in the face and he'll learn that you have to earn playing time...

I thaught I was the only one who thaught that about Curry :p, I hope he is learning a lesson rideing the pine...... somethings gotta light a fire under his fat ass!