Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nets looking to trade Sean Williams

Default Nets looking to trade Sean Williams

I think I'm the only one on here who wants him to be a Knick. But I really think this kid has potential and could be a perfect fit for D'Antoni's system. Not to mention he could be the answer to our post-defensive deficiencies. (see youtube highlights below)

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    In fact, the Nets have shown interest in trading him in the past and may also look to use Williams in a deal sometime soon. With Lopez and Josh Boone seemingly locked into the rotation, and with the equally athletic but more experienced Stromile Swift possibly returning from a back injury in the not-so-distant future, finding playing time for Williams could be difficult.

The Nets still would like to find a third point guard or another wing player, and someone with Williams' potential and rookie-scale salary could be good trade bait. The team exercised the third-year option on his contract Thursday.

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    I think I'm the only one on here who wants him to be a Knick. But I really think this kid has potential and could be a perfect fit for D'Antoni's system. Not to mention he could be the answer to our post-defensive deficiencies. (see youtube highlights below)

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I told you guys last season that Williams was not as good as some of you made him out to be.

I have to correct one thing you wrote, Williams blocks shots and has the potential to be a great help defender but he is a very poor post defender.

Originally Posted by Eddy Currys House Special
    I told you guys last season that Williams was not as good as some of you made him out to be.

I have to correct one thing you wrote, Williams blocks shots and has the potential to be a great help defender but he is a very poor post defender.
    Thank you for the correction. you're right. But he is a great shot-blocker and that is what the Knicks desperately need. In the run-and-gun system with the right PG, he would have some impressive numbers. Imagine...

PG-Ricky Rubio
    SG-Chandler
    SF-Gallo
    PF-Lee
    C-Sean Williams

...in the run-and-gun. The Nets are looking for a guard. A Crawford and Malik Rose for Sean Williams, Bobby Simmons (1 year remaining) and Trenton Hassel (1 year remaining) would work. Or Nate Robinson straight up would work too. This would get us the shot-blocker we need and the Nets get their guard.

williams for qrich straight up

q may b good, but the 3 is chandlers spot

I read the few posts in this thread. If he can't play great D in the post, he can still block shots. We need shot blockers. Shot blocking can become physcological to the other team. You have a guy that can block shots, then guys think twice about being aggressive and driving to the basket. If you exclude that, then we need him because we ranked last in blocking last year.

They need guards and we need to get rid of guards. We need big men and they need to get rid of big men.

If Donnie isn't talking with the Nets then he has his head up his azz.

Originally Posted by Toons
    williams for qrich straight up

q may b good, but the 3 is chandlers spot
    Why would the Nets want your garbage for their young shot blocker?

Some of you posters couldn't be more lost.

Originally Posted by Eddy Currys House Special
    Why would the Nets want your garbage for their young shot blocker?

Some of you posters couldn't be more lost.
    Yea this needs to be realistic....

Nate for Williams.......you can throw in a player or a pick into it.

Nate is cheaper, can start and be very effective, great off the bench, has developed a good three point shot....he would be perfect for the Nets. And his contract is almost up so he is trade bait anyway. Use it now and let's finally get a big man that can play defense.

look here kiddo, im thinking of swingin other teams....im tired of getting the ****ty end of the stick. if q plays well, he will be trade bait. ECHS, who can be more lost than you? u say al harrington sucks, u put value on sean wiliams because he blocks shots? so what....so i guess theo ratliff has high value with you too then? at his age he still averages more than a block per. sean williams is not where he can be as yet, and he needs a lot of work, he is a raw talent. this is the time to make a trade for a young guy before he gets established. or maybe you would like to give them a first round pick, lee and chandler for "the great" sean williams

yall are overratin williams
    hop off his pole

u guys have developed isiahitis

giving away everything for bench players

wiliams is a back up foward

n8 for wiliams?? n8 is developing, you all are crazy

nate is improving all weak aspects of his game
    we cannot trade youth for youth

yall are overratin williams
    hop off his pole

u guys have developed isiahitis

giving away everything for bench players

wiliams is a back up foward

Contract ending, we are in debt...how are you going to keep Nate? Nate and Lee are trade bait, everyone knows it. We NEED big men, even if it is a "raw" shot blocker in Sean Williams. He will get more minutes in NY than in NJ and if this was offered to him he would probably be excited with the minutes and Mike D's style of play.

Nate for Williams.

qrich comes off the books in 20-11
    so does carters 17 million
    doolings 4 million
    yi's 5 million
    boones 3 million

with qrich added, after to 20-11 season, the nets will be 35 mil less that they had before, if they dont resign carter, then they will be ready to compete in the free agent pool. they will have a nice nucleaus of players, with money to play with.

dosent sound so crazy now does it? seeing how bobby simmons will be going off the books next year, that is another 10 million off

we have made mistakes through the decade of trading developing players paul. we need knicks who are here for life....who live, eat and breath the garden. if we keep trading, how will we achieve chemestry?

how can nate reminisse about that game when he dunked the putback in a locker room fiulled with guys that dont care? or lee's tip in with .3 left on the clock. come on guys, these things, these memories, these emotions BUILD TEAM CHEMESTRY. we need to stick together and work it out. It bothered me watching trevor ariza torch the blazers, and matt barnes playing on a playoff type level. These are OUR young guys that we traded away....and for what?

Does that mean he's getting taller? Cuz if he's not then he's not worth much.

Toonz Q Rich for Williams may be the stupidest trade proposed on this site ever but anyway.

I'd consider Nate for Williams if they took on a bad contract and gave us an expiring. I'm not to fimiliar with the Nets roster but maybe if they took on Curry and gave us a big contract thats expiring i'd consider but i doubt that works.

I do agree i woudln't do Nate for Williams straight up unless they ponied and gave us a # 1 pick.