Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Marbury Was Benched

Default Why Marbury Was Benched

Advice: Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni and Marbury met Friday in a meeting where Marbury asked if he was going to play. When told he would not be seeing action, Marbury reportedly requested to be put on the inactive list.

KnicksonLIN.com

Mike D'Antoni is a straight up d!(k. I have no respect for him. He's basically throwing the season down the drain, by not playing Marbury and not starting Chandler. I am a Knick fan, and I want to see the Knicks compete, not get their s#!t rocked every night.

Knicks' record without Marbury last season: 17-41(.293)
    Knicks' record without Marbury in the starting lineup last season: 17-46(.269)

Expect to see more of that this season.
    Last edited by abcd; Oct 31, 2008 at 20:38.

Veteran

The 76er's was a Trick or Treat Game

I wanted Isiah deleted from New York, and I was mad as hell when we replaced him with Walsh, plus Dantoni was the last defenseless coach I wanted on this team.
    Kiya
    Trick or Treat Day
    Steph is put on the inactive list, Steph was 1 of the only 5 players which was fit this season to play in Dantoni's system on this 15 man roster.

This proves that Walsh & Dantoni's 2008-9 plan is to have the worst Lottery Team this season.

Keeping the same roster from last season.... which was\is a 23 win roster.... without Marbury. com'on what did you guys expect me to write this offseason..... look at each quarter of the Sixers game......And the Sixers coach Cheeks have alot of work to do on the Sixers offensive setup and defense this year.

76ers -31-29-31-25--116
    Knicks -24-24-24-15--87<!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- / message -->

Lets just say next game crawford seperates his shoulder and is out for 20 games ....

and mardy collins tweaks a hammy and is out for 3 games...

if steph brought back ? and just left in street clothes while knicks play with

roberson and a D-leaguer ?

Default Mikey D is full of Sh9t

Lets just say next game crawford seperates his shoulder and is out for 20 games ....

and mardy collins tweaks a hammy and is out for 3 games...

if steph brought back ? and just left in street clothes while knicks play with

roberson and a D-leaguer ?....

and how does Malik Rose fit into the :future: ? ? ?

Crawford played awful today.....missed open looks., abused on Def ., couldn't finsih any plays to the rack....

he sickens me to watch his frail ass ....

and our draft pick looks like a waste already., ( iknow its early) ...but yuck for DG so far

.......................knicks...............what an awful season on the way....

Question if Marbury takes a buyout of 13 mil ., than signs with Golden State or Sacramento for 9 mil ...would he be making money ?

The sixers and raptors are soo much better than us....then celtics , cavs , and pistons., we have no chance with this team....

and tack on 5 extra loses for not having marbury....and with any injury could be another 5 loses...prediction is now 29 wins...

season over game 2....thanks management....

Banned

Originally Posted by abcd
    Mike D'Antoni is a straight up d!(k. I have no respect for him. He's basically throwing the season down the drain, by not playing Marbury and not starting Chandler. I am a Knick fan, and I want to see the Knicks compete, not get their s#!t rocked every night.
    Well I have a ton of respect for D'Antoni, he's not playing Marbury for a reason (a very good reason). He's a good coach he knows what he's doing.

I'm also a Knicks fan, and I also want to see the Knicks compete and thank god that Marbury is not playing. I've watch that loser (check the win/loss with Marbury on the team) the last 5 seasons and I am so damn sick of it. I'm beyond happy he's not playing and I am finally enoying Knicks basketball again.

Marbury = 0 playoff wins in 5 years! 0!! I can throw out 100 different stats because I've watched Marbury suck on this team the last 5 years. Lets wait more then 2 games to before we rip D'Antoni's moves.

Originally Posted by King Ewing
    Well I have a ton of respect for D'Antoni, he's not playing Marbury for a reason (a very good reason). He's a good coach he knows what he's doing.

I'm also a Knicks fan, and I also want to see the Knicks compete and thank god that Marbury is not playing. I've watch that loser (check the win/loss with Marbury on the team) the last 5 seasons and I am so damn sick of it. I'm beyond happy he's not playing and I am finally enoying Knicks basketball again.

Marbury = 0 playoff wins in 5 years! 0!! I can throw out 100 different stats because I've watched Marbury suck on this team the last 5 years. Lets wait more then 2 games to before we rip D'Antoni's moves.

Go Knicks!

Originally Posted by King Ewing

^ Truth

But Some Of These Nerds Have A Sentimental Crush On The Guy

I don't get some of you people, hating on Crawford and Marbury. I've watched the knicks since 1988, and Crawford is a good player, probably in the same league with Sprewell or Starks, except those guys played on teams that had Ewing on them, which is why they were successful. If you remember, those same guys became losers, as soon as Pat was traded to Seattle.

Crawford shoots in the low 40s and still averages 20 points per game. Richardson has shot 37 percent for most of his career, yet no one has all this vitriol for his game. And, on another thread, Richardson was voted as being worst than Crawford. In my opinion, Richardson shouldn't even be starting.

Marbury is also an exceptional player, the most talented on the team, according to Gus Johnson, who I wish had been on a 1997 or 98 Knicks team. If he had been, today, he'd be a hero to knicks fans and respected around the league for having accomplished a lot. However, he played with a young, inexperienced Wolves team, a Nets team that was rebuilding and competing, unlike during the Kidd years, against one of the strongest eastern conferences of our time, and a Phoenix team that was also rebuilding. When he got to the Knicks, more or less, it was the SAME THING.

If you remember Sprewell (career 40 percent shooter) and Houston's backgrounds, both of those guys were in losing situations, until they came to a team where one of the greatest players of all time, Patrick Ewing, was dominating the boards, shooting over 50 percent, blocking shots and dropping over 20 effective points per game. If judged by their post Ewing play, we'd be calling them bums, instead of creating avatars out of their pictures.

The bottom line is that, especially as a smaller player, who can't do all the things that Curry, as center, can do to help a team win, things that Dalombert did yesterday, for example: block shots, dominate the boards, intimidate penetrators, set the overall tone, he can only do but so much, and he has, to help the team win. If I was Steph, I'd get on the phone with LA and discuss a contract. With Gasol (whom we had a chance to get, in exchange for Curry), Kobe and Steph, the Lakers would be even more deadly. On a halfway decent team, Steph would shine, and so would Crawford.

As for why Steph was benched, I think it has to do with his refusal to accept a buyout. They're punishing him for that, maybe trying to see if he'll be shaken up by this and just exit stage left. I think he should, as long as he can get a team to commit to giving him a spot on their roster.
    Last edited by OGKnickfan; Nov 01, 2008 at 10:33.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Don't ever compare Latrell to Jamal ever again.

Someone please put this guy in his place for me.

Hating D'Antoni for this move is ridiculous. Hate Dolan for not buying him out. Walsh and D'Antoni want to move in a different direction. This year is an evaluation and dumping salary year. They've already said this. Mebury is not part of the future, so there is no use for him here. They should just buy him out and let him play somewhere else. This has Dolan written all over it. Only he would pull a messed up move like this. But don't act like Mebury is completely innocent in this. He's the one that pissed off his teammates and boss and now he's paying for it. Finally people are being held accountable for their actions.

As a few people stated, when D'Antoni drafted Gallinari, and D'Antoni hired his brother as assistant, instead of Ewing, there's a lot of nepotism on this team, which goes hand in hand with all other forms of corruption. My issue is not with protecting Marbury, even though I think he's a good player. My issue is with underhanded, manipulative tactics being used, when it comes to his situation.

When Ewing was traded, for Vin Baker, because he asked for two years, instead of one, on his contract, before retiring, I saw the injustice in that and stopped watching the knicks, for several years, until all of the guys involved were gone. In addition to that move, the fact that Sprewell, Camby and Houston were going around saying that the Knicks were better without Ewing, with no one challenging that opinion, meant that I just couldn't support the team anymore. Right now, you have a lot of backstabbing, from guys like Q-Rich and Malik Rose, who suck but use their silver tongues to divert attention from their lack of skills. They can't play, but then people praise them for "leadership in the locker room."

With D'Antoni, when you draft your friend's son, instead of a real center, like Lopez, hire your brother, start a guy that sucks, instead of Chandler, just because he was with you in Phoenix, and then punish one of the few bright spots on your team, because you're going in a new direction, WITH THE SAME LINEUP, just with Duhon in the mix, I get a little suspicious. And, just like when we shat on Ewing, for bumass Camby, Duhon will soon be as big of a disappointment as Camby was.

D'Antoni hasn't proven he can do anything, without Steve Nash. The knicks have no go-to-guy, they've assembled a team of third rate players, who haven't proven themselves. Crawford is a good player, but he's not a leader, he's a guy that would excel next to Lebron or Kobe. If the knicks would have drafted Lopez, or had traded for Gasol, when there was a chance, we would have had the inside support, for Chandler, Crawford and Marbury, to, at the least, get into the playoffs.

Now, the nets have been smart, they unloaded Kidd, got some fresh, promising new talent and obtained a real big man, Lopez, who can block, score and rebound, which is why, mark my words, they will have a winning record, while we go 20-62. To me, the logo doesn't make the team, the players and coaches do, which is why I'm considering giving up on this group.
    Last edited by OGKnickfan; Nov 01, 2008 at 10:39.

well, if we are going to the future and marbury isn't in these plans...

please explain how malik rose is ? ??

he is contradicting himself......

and I guess Zach Randolph is involved in the new look knicks as well...

basically Mikey D and management have said we are gonna play 8 guys and lose and get a top 5 pick

and hope in 2 years crawford grows muslces, duhon a jump shot, Dannio into Dirk, and find a 7 footer that can run somewhere in the streets of New York....

29 wins this year boys.....Mikey D got the Knicks going in the wrong direction for this season...

If he thought the "We Want Steph" chants were bad, wait til Philly, Boston, Detroit, Toronto, and the whole Western Conference start beating us down in the Garden...

Mikey D's grade so Far ...... C-

Why Marbury is benched?
    Because finally we got a coach and a gm who have the guts to turn this sinking ship around, reduce our payroll and build a team for the future. I don't care if this should be another losing season,as long as the moves and actions are reasonable - which they have been until now imho. If it hadn't been for IT and his stupid trades we already would've been two years further considering the rebuilding.
    @Starburians -> get over it....pleeease

Originally Posted by richtree
    well, if we are going to the future and marbury isn't in these plans...

please explain how malik rose is ? ??

he is contradicting himself......

and I guess Zach Randolph is involved in the new look knicks as well...

basically Mikey D and management have said we are gonna play 8 guys and lose and get a top 5 pick

and hope in 2 years crawford grows muslces, duhon a jump shot, Dannio into Dirk, and find a 7 footer that can run somewhere in the streets of New York....

29 wins this year boys.....Mikey D got the Knicks going in the wrong direction for this season...

If he thought the "We Want Steph" chants were bad, wait til Philly, Boston, Detroit, Toronto, and the whole Western Conference start beating us down in the Garden...

Mikey D's grade so Far ...... C-
    Sometime you have to take a step backwards before you can take two steps forward....

Marbury is the one with the expiring contract...Is that the only reason he isn't playing? No. is it part his attitude before? Yes. Is it that they want the younger guys playing? Yes.

But if you actually listened, really actually heard what D said yesterday before the game, it is obvious. Marbury is a great player, however, he doesn't fit into this team and it is unfair for MIke to put him in for 4 minutes that won't mean anything. He wasn't going to be using him like his skill shows he shouold be used, thus, he isn't going to play him and disrespect his ability by using him for 4 minutes, he'll play a young guy instead.

Its so funny hearing people bitch about Dan Dantoni getting hired. Are you retarded? Honestly, it ****ing sounds like it. Coaches bring their asst coaches with them most of the time. Larry Brown brought his from Detroit....Coaches always do it, and it is smarter that they do. These asst. coaches know how things work...They know what THEY need to adress and stress in their times with the players from what they know is needed or neglected by the head coach, or simply not emphasized because it is their role in this system to be the ones emphasizing certain principles or going over certain strategies, or working on certain skills.

Cry all you want about Danilo, but he was the right pick for this system. A big man that can shoot and move with and without the ball (And we should all be crying about the only person on our team that actually TRYS to play defense. He makes everything out of the time he plays and always hustles and does his best. He has guarded almost every position so far...Guarded PG Shaun Livingston at the Miami game, guarded bigs last night in his short time). It is pretty pathetic people badmouthing him 2 games into the season when he has played like 10 minutes. He is making all these adjustments to his life, both lifestyle and with the game of basketball, and he is expected to be amazing 10 minutes into his career. *******s man.....

Sometimes I just wonder if some of you actually think about the **** that you type up here because most of the time it doesn't seem like it...