Marbury may get waived??

Blas

Benchwarmer
http://www.nypost.com/seven/1102200..._wants_steph_sitdown_as_exit_looms_136442.htm

So if I am reading the article correctly and if everything reported here is somewhat accurate, then Walsh claims he does care about Marbury.

From a business perspective, I am sure Walsh is thinking more of the lines that it is best to get Marbury off this team ASAP and the cheapest way is to waive him and let a team sign him. This way the knicks do not have to fully pay him and they can avoid a situation that Walsh and D'antoni created.

kingDOM312580

Benchwarmer
Is it me or is it starting to seem like Isaah-Larry may have just been the undercard at MSG, with the upcoming battle between Walsh-D'Ant being the main event.

Paul1355

All Star
http://www.nypost.com/seven/1102200..._wants_steph_sitdown_as_exit_looms_136442.htm

So if I am reading the article correctly and if everything reported here is somewhat accurate, then Walsh claims he does care about Marbury.

From a business perspective, I am sure Walsh is thinking more of the lines that it is best to get Marbury off this team ASAP and the cheapest way is to waive him and let a team sign him. This way the knicks do not have to fully pay him and they can avoid a situation that Walsh and D'antoni created.

This news article was reaching. Really talked bad about D'Antoni to a point were i only believe half of what was reported about what Mike D actually said and did.

portega1968

El Cacique
Rather than waive Marbury, I'd try to trade him somewhere like Atlanta, one of the few places were he has a decent fan base.

Of course, Atlanta is not looking to trade Joe Johnson amid their nice performance since last season's playoffs, but he will be an unrestricted free agent by 2010, so maybe trading Bibby, Johnson and Acie Law for Marbury, Jerome James, Nate and Lee will make them think a bit about what they might be losing if they dont make a move. It would allow them to compete for Boozer next year and then in 2010 again for someone like Wade.

A lineup of Stephon, Wade, Josh Smith, Carlos Boozer and Al Horford with Nate and Lee off the bench isnt that bad a thought.

In our case, I would love to have Joe Johnson in the backcourt with Chris Bosh up front in 2010, surrounded by Gallinari and Chandler.

Anyways, I know I've been daydreaming too much trying to figure out how the **** we get out of this salary cap hell we're in.

richtree

Rotation player
Why wouldn't the Knicks try to sign him to a 3 year deal before going after Duhon.....

I'm sure he isn't get big offers in the free agent market....

2 years for duhon 12 -- apprx. 6 mil for next year...

if steph signs 2 years 18 mil contract ....we could have used the 6 mil from Duhon and got Steph for 2 yrs 12 mil....if you are following my logic...

I wonder why they didn't want to go that route...

was it Dolan's call, MIkey D or what ?

dre48ny

Rotation player
Man, I am shocked he hasn't played a minute. This is crazy, is it really hurting the squad if he just plays out his contract here? Realistically, this team ain't gong no where. I know he is not part of the future as D'Antoni preaches, but man let him play in your system coming off the damn bench and see what happens!!
This saga is getting boring already man.

paris401

Starter
i say get rid of his ass, if he is not in the plan.. i never liked towel-head, BUT... he signed a contract paying him 21.9m, and i agree with towel he should not take one cent less...

moneyg

Starter
now i'd be the first to say im not that big on marbury. basically based on the whole "i got something on isaih too" quote but.....

the way he is being treated by MSG aint right.

it appears they r tryin to break him down hoping he says something bad or becomes a distraction or takes less money when he has done everything right so far.

mike has created all of the distraction.. he and walsh needs to get on the same page

i dont thinks if fair to him and i think the players association needs to step in. Marbury has no agent which makes negot with him impossible.

if i was steph, id smile in a suit everyday and i would not except a peeny less than what im owed because he is going to lose money becuase no teams can c him play this year to offer a nice contract extension.

i have never seen a team sit a healthy player just because of the future. u make choices like this later in the season not at the begining.
:barf: