Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Billiups Traded for A>I>

  1. #1
    Superstar richtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Dirty Jersey
    Posts
    513
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Billiups Traded for A>I>

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


    check it

  2. #2
    Superstar richtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Dirty Jersey
    Posts
    513
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Denver gets

    Billups and McDyess

    for

    Iverson

    Billups has 2 years left on contract 12mil / then 13mil

    McDyess 1 year left 6.5 mil

    and

    Iverson contract is up this year....

    Probably good moves financially for both teams...


    But basketball wise...I don't know ...they both are one step from being good

  3. #3
    Veteran Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    1,472
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    whoa.

    Good move by Denver.

    AI back in the East where he belongs. He's gona love it in Detroit with Sheed on his side.

    I wonder if we could have traded Marbs for Billups

  4. #4
    Superstar richtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Dirty Jersey
    Posts
    513
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Billups does have some years on the contract....
    plus they probably didn't wanna trade him to another East. Conf. team...

    but it just goes to show that if you have a Good GM...and are willing to try and work hard enough....there is always a trade out there that can help you


    A.I.. and Steph have similar contracts....hmmmmmmmm

  5. #5
    Your Best Bet is B Ez datruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,553
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    okay....denver traded camby for a 2nd round pick for financial reasons and now they trade away an expiring contract for billups who has multiple years left on his contract....yea....makes a whole lot of sense from denver...bilupps still a good player though

  6. #6
    Superstar richtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Dirty Jersey
    Posts
    513
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    I want knicks management to do something..........

    anything........

    just to show me things are different...........


    ? ? ?

  7. #7
    Veteran jpz17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,782
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    denver will make the playoffs now

  8. #8
    Veteran JayJ44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    1,700
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by richtree
    I want knicks management to do something..........

    anything........

    just to show me things are different...........


    ? ? ?
    That sounds like something Isiah would do. Make a trade just for the sake of making a trade and making news.

    As for the Denver-Detroit trade, I like it for both teams. Detroit gets a sorely needed scoring punch. Denver gets a good point guard who can help get the ball in to the hands of the other players in a good position to score. I think Detroit can win a title now.

  9. #9
    Superstar richtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Dirty Jersey
    Posts
    513
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Firstly, JaY'....

    no one said anything about making a stupid trade for no reason....

    every true knick fan -- wants the circus to end....

    it was suppossed to with Mikey D and now knick's fan want to see something happen....

    sitting on this lineup and letting curry/steph not play is useless...

    ps.. billups alrady won a title with detroit ....so how does A.I. help them ? if anything he will create a problem because they will feel obligated to have him on the court late in games when stuckey is the better defender


    2003
    Pistons def.
    Lakers
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], Detroit Pistons MVP

  10. #10
    Veteran JayJ44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    1,700
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by richtree
    Firstly, JaY'....

    no one said anything about making a stupid trade for no reason....

    every true knick fan -- wants the circus to end....

    it was suppossed to with Mikey D and now knick's fan want to see something happen....

    sitting on this lineup and letting curry/steph not play is useless...

    ps.. billups alrady won a title with detroit ....so how does A.I. help them ? if anything he will create a problem because they will feel obligated to have him on the court late in games when stuckey is the better defender


    2003
    Pistons def.
    Lakers
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], Detroit Pistons MVP
    Sorry, thought you were implying to just make a trade, my mistake. I agree that they should play Marbury, but I don't think D'antoni has much of a choice about Curry. He had that infection, now I'm hearing something about his knee. Plus, he's out of shape, so he'll probably get some playing time later in the year.

    About the Pistons, that team has trouble scoring for long stretches at times. AI brings penetration and easy baskets. Late in games I think they're gonna do a 3 guard line up:
    PG- Stucky
    SG- AI
    SF- Hamilton
    PF- Prince might be able to play the 4, depending on the matchup. Otherwise Maxiel or McDyess if he comes back.
    C- Sheed

    They can switch around Stucky and AI.

  11. #11
    Lurker ridler2013's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by datruth
    okay....denver traded camby for a 2nd round pick for financial reasons and now they trade away an expiring contract for billups who has multiple years left on his contract....yea....makes a whole lot of sense from denver...bilupps still a good player though
    Billups is not young but at his age as PG he has 3 to 4 years more but as for Camby... He's already old that's why he was traded and I don't buy for financial reason of Denver!

  12. #12
    Newbie H20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Queens/ bronx NY
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    denver is now a much better team and will make the playoffs and go farther, they deff made out on the trade, A.I. is a good player but not as good as a team player as billups

  13. #13
    Sexy Stud knickzrulezH20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,781
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by H20
    denver is now a much better team and will make the playoffs and go farther, they deff made out on the trade, A.I. is a good player but not as good as a team player as billups

    i love going back and seeing who get the better end of the deal. it really was a low-risk deal for the pistons, since if a.i continues his average play he comes off the books. but i still think he makes detroit a scary team, cuz he cud blow for 30 points on any given night. but the nuggets have definetely impressed me. iverson might be the better player pound for pound, but undoubtely billups was better for the nuggets. plus melo hasnt even been playing up to par yet. this team looks scary and if it keeps this solid play up they could be a real lock at the #2 position in the west (something i thought the hornets would do with no problem). i say the nuggets won this deal. i was wondering what would happen if they still had camby though? would he be playin better than nene right now? because nene is playing pretty good. but anywayz ive been impressed with the nuggets so far

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 137
    Last Post: Jul 04, 2008, 19:35
  2. David Lee cannot be traded!!!!
    By WVKnickfan in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: Feb 22, 2008, 14:25
  3. Kidd traded to Mavericks!!!! (Poll inside)
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NBA
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Feb 13, 2008, 22:14
  4. Who should be traded?
    By donchris in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 104
    Last Post: Jan 08, 2007, 18:45
  5. Iverson Traded To Knicks????
    By NYKNICKS4LIFE in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: Dec 15, 2006, 08:06

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •