Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shotblocker Sean Williams for Collins

Default Shotblocker Sean Williams for Collins

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

A source close to the Nets has told theknicksblog that the team is so down on Sean Williams that it wouldn’t take much to land the athletic forward.

It has been a crazy few weeks for Williams, who has fallen out of favor with Nets management. At first Williams wanted to re-sign with the Nets, but after seeing coach Lawrence Frank favor rookies Ryan Anderson and Brook Lopez, Williams has been relegated to the bench. Now he wants out.

“It wouldn’t take much at all,” the source told us. ” They (the Nets) need help in the backcourt and wouldn’t mind taking back (Mardy) Collins to rid themselves of Williams.”

The Knicks obviously have their own back court issues, what with the Stephon Marbury saga in full swing, but they desperately need shot-blocking and athletic help up front, and Williams fits that bill. He would be a bit of a risk what with the attitude issues, but with the Knicks liking what they’ve seen from Anthony Roberson, a Collins-for-Williams swap does make sense for both teams.
    I would do this in a heartbeat!

YEAAA!!!! LETS MAKE THAT TRADE!!!! We'll give them duhorn too!!!!

Veteran

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    YEAAA!!!! LETS MAKE THAT TRADE!!!! We'll give them duhorn too!!!!
    why stop at duhon... lets clean out... burger-king james...jefferies...starbury...qrich...curry... throw in 5ft and in lee... and even 30ft and out nate....

That's the best f***ing news I've heard in a while. You can do it Donnie, you can do it!! BRING SEAN WILLIAMS HERE!! He's exactly what this team needs and would fit perfectly in D'Antoni's system.

Let's see if Donnie actually does something besides sit on his ass and wait for something to happen.

Originally Posted by paris401
    why stop at duhon... lets clean out... burger-king james...jefferies...starbury...qrich...curry... throw in 5ft and in lee... and even 30ft and out nate....

Cmon now MSG - we can't give away our STARTING future allstar point guard lol

We don't want to upset all the people on this forum who said Duhon is better suited to run the point because he is the Mike D'Antoni type of PG or because he PLAYS real defense!

Defense so good that
    1. Rookie Chalmers torches his a$$ for 17pts (54% shooting), 8asts and 7rebs
    2. Andre Miller destroys him for 20pts (67% shooting), 8asts and 7rebs
    3. D leaguer Ramon Sessions schools him for 18pts (47% shooting), 8 asts and 7rebs.

But wait - maybe he totally outplays them on the offensive end instead?
    1. 9pts (50% shooting), 3asts, 3rebs opener against Miami
    2. 5pts (12% shooting), 7asts, 6rebs night in Philly
    3. 6pts (33% shooting), 3asts, 3rebs outing against Milwaukee

OR NOT lol
    I wonder why this guy was a backup in chicago for 4 years?
    Maybe because he's garbage

^^

great post trin starr

I didnt know duhorn was doing that bad. Hes gettin badly outplayed on both ends of the court. I honestly thought he was better then this. So far hes looked slow and ineffective. We need a point guard who can do some of everything...someone who can score and pass....and break down defenses. I wish we had a point guard like that....i know there hard to find.

No way they give him up just for Collins! But, hell yeah I'd do it! Who knows maybe we'll actually block a shot even before he arrives!

That would be great, getting an athletic shot-blocker for Collins. Collins is a scrub and we desperately need a shotblocker. If we got him we may be able to sneak into the playoffs, because that is our biggest weakness. It's a longshot though (making the playoffs I mean).

Originally Posted by JayJ44
    That would be great, getting an athletic shot-blocker for Collins. Collins is a scrub and we desperately need a shotblocker.
    I agree.
    When I saw the way Dalembert protected the paint in Philly - knick players were so shook - they were blowing layups, getting swatted and playing like some real b1tches.
    That's the type of enforcer the knicks need in the middle.
    Do you know that in our 3 games, we gave up 62, 64 and 38 points in the paint respectively...we just give opposing players a clear path right to the rim! lol
    And of those 3 games we had a GRAND TOTAL of 1 block coutesy Z-bo in last night's game

If Williams comes here and is given starter's minutes, he would lead the league in blocked shots. Our perimeter defense is terrible.

Who wants to bet Donnie does nothing?

Originally Posted by Trin_Starr
    I agree.
    When I saw the way Dalembert protected the paint in Philly - knick players were so shook - they were blowing layups, getting swatted and playing like some real b1tches.
    That's the type of enforcer the knicks need in the middle.
    Do you know that in our 3 games, we gave up 62, 64 and 38 points in the paint respectively...we just give opposing players a clear path right to the rim! lol
    And of those 3 games we had a GRAND TOTAL of 1 block coutesy Z-bo in last night's game
    Wow, when Zach Randolph is our teams leading shot blocker you know we have problems.

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    If Williams comes here and is given starter's minutes, he would lead the league in blocked shots. Our perimeter defense is terrible.

Who wants to bet Donnie does nothing?
    Who wants to bet this story is Bogus?

Superstar

Default Collins for Sean Williams

We could use Sean Williams more than we can use Collins. However, I am with TunerAddict. I question the story. I certainly do not think that Collins will be enough to satisfy the Nets unless there is something about Williams that none of us knows.

Palm Coast, Florida... formerly the playgrounds of Queens

Besides Chandler, Lee, Gallo and N8 is there anyone else on the Knicks you wouldn't trade for Williams? I agree Mardy won't get it done. But if Williams is being put out there by the Nets then the Knicks need to give it their best shot to obtain him.