Shotblocker Sean Williams for Collins

Trin_Starr

Starter
http://www.theknicksblog.com/

A source close to the Nets has told theknicksblog that the team is so down on Sean Williams that it wouldn?t take much to land the athletic forward.

It has been a crazy few weeks for Williams, who has fallen out of favor with Nets management. At first Williams wanted to re-sign with the Nets, but after seeing coach Lawrence Frank favor rookies Ryan Anderson and Brook Lopez, Williams has been relegated to the bench. Now he wants out.

?It wouldn?t take much at all,? the source told us. ? They (the Nets) need help in the backcourt and wouldn?t mind taking back (Mardy) Collins to rid themselves of Williams.?

The Knicks obviously have their own back court issues, what with the Stephon Marbury saga in full swing, but they desperately need shot-blocking and athletic help up front, and Williams fits that bill. He would be a bit of a risk what with the attitude issues, but with the Knicks liking what they?ve seen from Anthony Roberson, a Collins-for-Williams swap does make sense for both teams.

I would do this in a heartbeat!

LJ4ptplay

Starter
That's the best f***ing news I've heard in a while. You can do it Donnie, you can do it!! BRING SEAN WILLIAMS HERE!! He's exactly what this team needs and would fit perfectly in D'Antoni's system.

Let's see if Donnie actually does something besides sit on his ass and wait for something to happen.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
why stop at duhon... lets clean out... burger-king james...jefferies...starbury...qrich...curry... throw in 5ft and in lee... and even 30ft and out nate....

30lf7dw.jpg

Trin_Starr

Starter
Cmon now MSG - we can't give away our STARTING future allstar point guard :) lol

We don't want to upset all the people on this forum who said Duhon is better suited to run the point because he is the Mike D'Antoni type of PG or because he PLAYS real defense! :)

Defense so good that
1. Rookie Chalmers torches his a$$ for 17pts (54% shooting), 8asts and 7rebs
2. Andre Miller destroys him for 20pts (67% shooting), 8asts and 7rebs
3. D leaguer Ramon Sessions schools him for 18pts (47% shooting), 8 asts and 7rebs.

But wait - maybe he totally outplays them on the offensive end instead?
1. 9pts (50% shooting), 3asts, 3rebs opener against Miami
2. 5pts (12% shooting), 7asts, 6rebs night in Philly
3. 6pts (33% shooting), 3asts, 3rebs outing against Milwaukee

OR NOT :) lol
I wonder why this guy was a backup in chicago for 4 years?
Maybe because he's garbage :)

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
^^

:lol: great post trin starr

I didnt know duhorn was doing that bad. Hes gettin badly outplayed on both ends of the court. I honestly thought he was better then this. So far hes looked slow and ineffective. We need a point guard who can do some of everything...someone who can score and pass....and break down defenses. I wish we had a point guard like that....i know there hard to find.

New New York

Quiet Storm
No way they give him up just for Collins! But, hell yeah I'd do it! Who knows maybe we'll actually block a shot even before he arrives!

JayJ44

Starter
That would be great, getting an athletic shot-blocker for Collins. Collins is a scrub and we desperately need a shotblocker. If we got him we may be able to sneak into the playoffs, because that is our biggest weakness. It's a longshot though (making the playoffs I mean).

Trin_Starr

Starter
That would be great, getting an athletic shot-blocker for Collins. Collins is a scrub and we desperately need a shotblocker.

I agree.
When I saw the way Dalembert protected the paint in Philly - knick players were so shook - they were blowing layups, getting swatted and playing like some real b1tches.
That's the type of enforcer the knicks need in the middle.
Do you know that in our 3 games, we gave up 62, 64 and 38 points in the paint respectively...we just give opposing players a clear path right to the rim! :) lol
And of those 3 games we had a GRAND TOTAL of 1 block coutesy Z-bo in last night's game

LJ4ptplay

Starter
If Williams comes here and is given starter's minutes, he would lead the league in blocked shots. Our perimeter defense is terrible.

Who wants to bet Donnie does nothing?

JayJ44

Starter
I agree.
When I saw the way Dalembert protected the paint in Philly - knick players were so shook - they were blowing layups, getting swatted and playing like some real b1tches.
That's the type of enforcer the knicks need in the middle.
Do you know that in our 3 games, we gave up 62, 64 and 38 points in the paint respectively...we just give opposing players a clear path right to the rim! :) lol
And of those 3 games we had a GRAND TOTAL of 1 block coutesy Z-bo in last night's game

Wow, when Zach Randolph is our teams leading shot blocker you know we have problems.

:boohoo:

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Collins for Sean Williams

We could use Sean Williams more than we can use Collins. However, I am with TunerAddict. I question the story. I certainly do not think that Collins will be enough to satisfy the Nets unless there is something about Williams that none of us knows.

kingDOM312580

Benchwarmer
Besides Chandler, Lee, Gallo and N8 is there anyone else on the Knicks you wouldn't trade for Williams? I agree Mardy won't get it done. But if Williams is being put out there by the Nets then the Knicks need to give it their best shot to obtain him.

jpz17

Starter
this just in Walsh traded Eddy Curry and Jerome James for an un-sharpened pencil.. and a paper envelope and [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]John Lucas to the Oklahoma City Thunder[/FONT]

EKIM0095.jpg

p10736b.jpg

act_john_iii_lucas.jpg

for

sports044a.jpg

and

Jerome_James_250.jpg

Mike D'Antoni had this to say about it:
"I think it really helps our team, and I think we got a steal"

Donnie Walsh was not reachable for comment.

Blas

Benchwarmer
This would be a great trade.

If this story is legit, I have a feeling we would have to throw in a 2nd round pick and collins for williams.

TheBigCock

Benchwarmer
If this trade goes down it would be a tad easier to trade Lee along with a long term contract for a pre 2010 contract. It would be awesome to chant D-Fence instead of Out-Score.