Official Rap Thread

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
We needed a new one. All the old ones have been burried under threads involving religion and conspiracy theories. We used to have discussions on here...we got alotta new members so lets see if we can get things back to the way they once were.

Im gonna start things off by askin everyone to name their 3 favorite rappers and their favorite song by there favorite rapper

1. dmx
2. prodigy
3. cormega

DMX - Slippin

Mobb Deep - Still Shinin I recommend listenin to prodigys second verse, he speaks on some real shit (2:31)

Cormega - Whats Ya poison Cormega outshines prodigy and havoc on this

Last edited:

KBlack25

Starter
1. 2Pac
2. Wu-Tang Clan
3. Canibus

Fav Songs by them
2Pac- "Hit 'em Up" Best Diss Track ever written, ahead of "How to Rob" and even "Ether"

Wu-Tang Clan- "Bring Da Ruckus"- not their most popular, but I like it

Canibus- "Poet Laureate II"- 7 minutes of rhyme, 4 different beats...shows off Can's flexibility.

KBlack25

Starter
I mean Ghost is great, Fishscale was a sick album. When you look back at the Wu, damn they had an all star lineup. Meth, Ghost, Gza, ODB...I don't think we'll ever see a rap super group like that for a long time.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
co-sign

there wont ever be another group like wu-tang

the cds they put out were crack!!! The beats, the lyrics...everything

gza-liquid swords
raekwon-only built 4 cuban linx
ghostface-ironman
method man-tical
36 chambers
wu-tang forever

And fishscale was real nice too, i consider that to be a classic.

Paul1355

All Star
There is so many to choose from but I'll try to narrow 4 down that I always listen to.

Top 4 Favorite songs....hard choices

Big L - Platinum Plus
(ft. Xzibit)

Notorious B.I.G - Dead Wrong (ft. Eminem)

Mos Def and Talib Kweli (ft. Common) - Respiration

Big Pun - Beware

Favorite 3 rappers ever..........

1. Big L - Platinum Plus
2. Notorious B.I.G - Dead Wrong

3. Eminem - Sing for the Moment

Last edited:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Great songs....im not the biggest eminem fan but i respect him as a great lyricist and i do like that song. I just downloaded his first cd infinite the other day, that shit is crazy.

On platinum plus, that 2nd verse was done by big daddy kane.

Beware...pun killed it, and i love the beat with the prodigy sample.

Respiration...one of my favorite songs, I've smoked many times to that.

Paul1355

All Star
Great songs....im not the biggest eminem fan but i respect him as a great lyricist and i do like that song. I just downloaded his first cd infinite the other day, that shit is crazy.

On platinum plus, that 2nd verse was done by big daddy kane.

Beware...pun killed it, and i love the beat with the prodigy sample.

Respiration...one of my favorite songs, I've smoked many times to that.

On the Platinum Plus song I thought the 2nd verse was only with Xzibit because at the end of his verse he says "Xzibit, styles I kick wit it, pardon me but I'm fukin sick wit it."

Plus it sounds like Xzbit...if you think otherwise let me know because I don't like confusing different guys.

About the other songs....
Platinum Plus would be a great song to put in a Big L movie. Have that song play at the final credits when the movie is over. Damn that would be a grand finale.

Beware is just one of the best beats I ever heard and Pun did kill it, I agree.

I wish i listened to Respiration more when I burn....but yea amazing song when you smoke.

Eminem really surprises people. You wouldn't think some white kid from Detroit can spit like he does. Sing for the moment just lays out everything in one song and goes great with the Aerosmith background. Mixed up a slow rock/rap beat.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
im 100% sure its big daddy kane

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Big_Picture_(Big_L_album)

thats one of my favorite dj premier beats

And i gotta give eminem his credit. I used to hate him...hes still not one of my favorites but i respect him, especially when i hear some of these new garbage ass rappers like plies and soulja boy. Lyrically eminem is elite...the way he effortlessly put the multis together....he made it sound easy to have 3 or 4 words rhyming from one line to the next. Theres a big pun song where he rhymes 8 words from one line to the next...I forget which song it is but I never heard of any rapper out doing that.

Anyone who wants to download eminems first cd (infinite), here it is

http://www.filestube.com/8ab4b840b1a570c003e9/go.html

This sh!t was crazy, back before dre signed him and he started doing some of those silly songs like "hi my name is"

Paul1355

All Star
im 100% sure its big daddy kane

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Big_Picture_(Big_L_album)

thats one of my favorite dj premier beats

And i gotta give eminem his credit. I used to hate him...hes still not one of my favorites but i respect him, especially when i hear some of these new garbage ass rappers like plies and soulja boy. Lyrically eminem is elite...the way he effortlessly put the multis together....he made it sound easy to have 3 or 4 words rhyming from one line to the next. Theres a big pun song where he rhymes 8 words from one line to the next...I forget which song it is but I never heard of any rapper out doing that.

Anyone who wants to download eminems first cd (infinite), here it is

http://www.filestube.com/8ab4b840b1a570c003e9/go.html

This sh!t was crazy, back before dre signed him and he started doing some of those silly songs like "hi my name is"

I looked up Platinum Plus and your right. It was Big Daddy Kane.

I agree that rap right now has gone down hill. Souljaboy is a joke that would get slaughtered by a guy like Eminem if they ever battled. Imagine Big L against these fools like Jim Jones/Mike Jones/Bonecrusher/50 Cent lmfao...he'd murder all of them with a mic.

MSG, you listen to any undeground guys out there?

Examples
Immortal Technique
Saigon
Lupe Fiasco
Mos Def
Talib Kwelli

You know any really good underground guys that you think will get big soon?

I take an interest to underground beats and rappers more than the famous ones. Underground is just more real and the lyrics aren't hollywood shyt like 50 Cent.

Paul1355

All Star
Check otu this guy

I never heard this dude until i heared this song on youtube a couple months ago. Benefit tears it up in this song.

Benefit - So Sick

KBlack25

Starter
MSG: There's a Benefit song released while back (at least 4 years prob. more) that samples the Super Mario Brothers theme. I know Cocoa Brovaz and a whole ton of other people sampled it, but Benefit's song is about playin Super Mario Brothers, and how he wants to f*(k the princess, it's hysterical...you should look for it.

Paul1355

All Star
MSG: There's a Benefit song released while back (at least 4 years prob. more) that samples the Super Mario Brothers theme. I know Cocoa Brovaz and a whole ton of other people sampled it, but Benefit's song is about playin Super Mario Brothers, and how he wants to f*(k the princess, it's hysterical...you should look for it.

I got that song:thumbsup:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I looked up Platinum Plus and your right. It was Big Daddy Kane.

I agree that rap right now has gone down hill. Souljaboy is a joke that would get slaughtered by a guy like Eminem if they ever battled. Imagine Big L against these fools like Jim Jones/Mike Jones/Bonecrusher/50 Cent lmfao...he'd murder all of them with a mic.

MSG, you listen to any undeground guys out there?

Examples
Immortal Technique
Saigon
Lupe Fiasco
Mos Def
Talib Kwelli

You know any really good underground guys that you think will get big soon?

I take an interest to underground beats and rappers more than the famous ones. Underground is just more real and the lyrics aren't hollywood shyt like 50 Cent.

I like 50 cent but i know that skill wise there are many rappers who are better then him.

I dont listen to saigon, i liked lupe's first cd. I listen to mos def, talib, and immortal technique. I believe the best music came from the 90's....groups like black moon, wu-tang, mobb deep, children of the corn...etc.

I used to listen to immortal technique alot. I got revolutionary vol 1 and 2, but thats it. Hows his newer stuff?

I remember that, that songs mad funny. I dont listen to benefit that much but i heard his other songs are real good.

feetoe

Benchwarmer
listening to this one now, damn why they had to change it to a watered down retail version when the original was raw as hell

Last edited:

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
On the Platinum Plus song I thought the 2nd verse was only with Xzibit because at the end of his verse he says "Xzibit, styles I kick wit it, pardon me but I'm fukin sick wit it."

Plus it sounds like Xzbit...if you think otherwise let me know because I don't like confusing different guys.

About the other songs....
Platinum Plus would be a great song to put in a Big L movie. Have that song play at the final credits when the movie is over. Damn that would be a grand finale.

Beware is just one of the best beats I ever heard and Pun did kill it, I agree.

I wish i listened to Respiration more when I burn....but yea amazing song when you smoke.

Eminem really surprises people. You wouldn't think some white kid from Detroit can spit like he does. Sing for the moment just lays out everything in one song and goes great with the Aerosmith background. Mixed up a slow rock/rap beat.
Big L has the best punchlines i have ever heard...ASK BEAVIS I GET NOTHING BUTTHEAD(CLASSIC!) but man you guys should listen 2 the man that discovered L...LORD FINESSE...dude is monster...im living larger then my dick in the morning time LOL...and ofcourse Master Ace...listen 2 NFL(Not For Long) uses EVERY nfl team in one song to make a story :thumbsup:...BUT HEY...weres there a metal thread or shyt like that...im with the whole rock thing now son ....seriously :peace:....i actually listen 2 screamo and stuff -_-

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
\NOOO don't turn a rap thread into a screamo thread...

RAP ONLY in this or im done posting lol
woah i know my rap dont worry...i remember me and msg were the ones that started talking about rap and him starting 2 post the old school joint of the day

i never get tired of this song