Official Rap Thread

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
too bad 2pac died over something stupid as a chain

your thinking of the 1994 shooting where he got shot 5 times at the recording studio and was robbed....he had surgery and then left the hospital 3 hours after the shooting, and he got shot in the chest and head.....thats a warrior and after that he realized not to take his life for granted so he started recording 3 songs a day...

he was assassinated in Vegas after a Mike Tyson fight....on Sept, 7th 1996 and died Sept 13th 1996 rest in peace tupac.....

quiggle

Starter
your thinking of the 1994 shooting where he got shot 5 times at the recording studio and was robbed....he had surgery and then left the hospital 3 hours after the shooting, and he got shot in the chest and head.....thats a warrior and after that he realized not to take his life for granted so he started recording 3 songs a day...

he was assassinated in Vegas after a Mike Tyson fight....on Sept, 7th 1996 and died Sept 13th 1996 rest in peace tupac.....

yeah but I was referring to what happened in the MGM lobby before he got shot in 1996 when he rushed up on some Crips cause one of them took a Death Row employees chain and Suge and them ride with the Bloods. some think the guy who got beat down was the one who came back and shot Pac and Suge at the strip.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
yea i know about that...but i dont think thats what killed him, i believe Suge Knight had something to do with his assassination

. suge night was un-injured in the shooting even thought he was sitting right next to tupac
. Suge owed tupac 17 million dollars for work already done
. Tupac was threating to leave Death-Row
. Suge hasn't cooperated with authorities after the shooting

With their purchase of Death Row Records and it's entire catalog for a reported $25million, new owners Global Music Group also acquired the rights to one complete Tupac album. Death Row still owned the rights to the album as a result of a deal made during the Death Row/Tupac Estate settlement.

GMG is prepared to release the album in it's untouched and original form, pending the clearance of any samples used in it's production and the blessing of Afeni Shakur. Something die hard Tupac fans have been requesting since the remixing of his music began; to little success.

The album could be released as early as the start of 2009. The question is, does Global Music Group have what it takes to release a CD let alone a Tupac album? And do today's Hip-Hop fans still want to hear Tupac over 1995-1996 style production?

the answer is we do......im tired of that voice-changing t-pain shit...the beats from back then kill todays beats...

this album is going to be big, kinda like R U Still Down?(Remember Me), and Loyal to the Game

not that Pac's Life shit where they messed with the recording and remixed verses with current artist voices....ORIGINAL TUPAC SONGS IS EXACTLY WHAT WE WANNA LISTEN TO

quiggle

Starter
yeah too many theories running around, it's a shame him and Big's murders will probably never be solved.

I'm hungry to hear OG 2Pac not some Eminem produced garbage cut and paste and speed up/slow down Pac's voice to match today's beats. swizz beats crap. and dont edit stuff out like F- Wendy Williams, Delores Tucker. what a joke when they messed up great OGs like tattoo tears, all out, everything they owe, lil homies when he disses LL Cool J, and when thugs cry when he disses Nas leave them all there

I also hope one day Angie Martinez release the full interview she had with Pac cause that was raw when they release snippets on Hot 97.

quiggle

Starter
i also hope one day they find the original pieces for the joints Tyson came out to for his fights like wrote the glory, ambitionz as a ridahs with new lyrics and lets get it on.

quiggle

Starter
are they studio quality? i know the clips from the fights did but wasnt aware those did.

ambitionz was dope because it was a clean version one verse when Pac said Buster Mathis was going to get beat good

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
naw that song was released on one of his albums its dope and the quality is studio quality loll

quiggle

Starter
naw that song was released on one of his albums its dope and the quality is studio quality loll

you mean Ambitionz az a Ridah on All Eyez on Me? yeah Pac also did another one verse version that's a little different exclusively for one of Mike Tyson's fight and haven't heard that one dropped before though.

bumpin this Pac joint now classic

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i thought you were talking about the album one he whole time.....then the exclusive one was made exclusively for the fight its short and wasn't extended...i know which one you talking about....and that song holla at me is sick

one of my favorites

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
I can see that 2pac is on top of both you guys' list. What I wonder is if guys like 2pac or biggie or big L would have stayed true to being an emcee? Or would they have tried to go commercial?

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
In my opinion pac and biggie did go commercial but it they were both still making great music at the time of their deaths. Life After Death is a classic....it had some commercial bangers on it like Mo Money Mo Problems, Hypnotize, Skys the Limit....but pac and biggie had the ability to be commercial and lyrical at the same time. These rappers now, they dumb it down because the average rap fan is dumber then they were 10 years ago. Either that or people just dont like to think as hard, smh @ songs like lollipop...not hatin on Lil wayne, I actually like some of his music (especially his older stuff).

Since everyone posting there favorite pac songs, i got 2 favorites

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Of course they had to so they could make money. Eminem also did the same. And he would talk about how the label would pressure him to make a catchy tune on those early albums.

Most of the music out now is cause of supply and demand. Back in the day most rappers were performing in small lounges. Once groups like run dmc and nwa and public enemy came out they exposed rap music to people from different races in bigger stages. Also, women were not too fond of listening to music that you could only nod your head too. So companies took advantage of the new found consumers and made rap what it is today. But its like a cycle. Remember what happened to disco? Vamoose, cause they were fake. The rappers from the early eighties didn't last too long cause most of their songs were for partying. Then came rakim and all these rappers that came with the realness. So, I'm thinking the era for these pop rappers is almost over.

Now on what I wrote before about selling out, I think biggie would of been the most inclined to reach 50 cent status because he had puffy telling him what to do.

quiggle

Starter
yeah but it seemed like Pac wanted to head in a different direction and move away from the rap game wasnt he interested in producing, writing and screenplays? thats why he set up Euphanasia and he said in an interview he wanted to drop an album every five years or something

it was hard to gauge him cause he had too many things going on and one time and too many goals

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Tupac and Biggie are legends of the rap game and they respected the game as well, they are 1 and 2 on the greatest rappers list...any artist needs to have a couple of club-banging joints on their albums to draw attention to the album and sell, like Hypnotize and Hit em Up, Gangsta party.....but everyone knew the type of artist they were and their talent and legendary music/status was selling as well.....so mainstream/commercial in a way....but as the last tupac album showed you dont make mainstream music with him and thats what unique about him, when they did the mixing with current production and verses by ashanti and T.I(pac's life) it killed his meaning and music....so if they were alvie they would have their own styled mainstream music which was mainstream but in their own unique way....we would've had more Hypnotize's and Gangsta Parties.....but they would never have went to the extent of T-Pain and Lil Wayne status casue they respect the game so much and they are true Rappers and legends

thats why im waiting for the new Tupac album its original music thats left with the same beats he rapped on and the same way he did it, so we'll get a Loyal to the Game, and R U Still Down(Remember Me?) album intead of Pac's Life....

Last edited: