Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Official Rap Thread

EPMD RETURNS!!

I use to listen to rap & hip hop most of the time but not as much now.

I like rap & hip hop artists that are real and not jus rapping about ass clapping, how much money they got.

Some hip hop/ rap artists I like:

/_1_)
    Paris
    /_2_) Immortal Technique
    /_3_)
    Prodigy
    /_4_) The Game
    /_5_)
    Tupac
    /_6_)
    Nas
    /_7_)
    Eminem
    /_8_) Xzibit
    /_9_) Big Pun
    /_10_) Fabulous

Paris - What would you do?

Immortal technique - 4th Branch

Fabolous - One Day

Xzibit - Paparazzi
    Last edited by Akamu; Dec 08, 2008 at 19:01.

Alright, here's my three:

Nas- deja vu -- all-time favorite really is "it aint hard to tell" but the way he writes on this track at such a young age (19 or 20?) is mind blowin'.

AZ- gimme yours -- great rhymes, great flow and great beat. Nothing better than blasting this song while driving on the freeway. Doesn't hurt to have nas singing on the hook either.

Jay-z- in my lifetime (remix) -- ill song talking about the pros and cons of hustling. Motivates. Love the beat and rhymes. "What's the meaning..."

Sorry I can't put links up. I don't use a pc or laptop. Youtube has all these songs. Check em out

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

mine

1.Tupac-

2. Nas-

3. Notorious B.I.G-

we need a top rappers-and their best songs thread loll, ill do that when i get the time

yea sly gimme yours was a sick song but my favorite song by the duo(Nas and AZ) is easily Mo money, Mo murder

good to see they squashed their beef, cause they were/and will be one of the best rap duo's ever.....

Originally Posted by DaTPRiNCE
    we need a top rappers-and their best songs thread loll, ill do that when i get the time

yea sly gimme yours was a sick song but my favorite song by the duo(Nas and AZ) is easily Mo money, Mo murder

good to see they squashed their beef, cause they were/and will be one of the best rap duo's ever.....
    Yea mo money mo murder was hot too. That song at the end "born alone, die alone" had a smooth beat. Did he ever make that into a full song?
    A thread about the best masters of ceremonies and their greatest songs would be cool, prince. Its gonna start many debates. I'm thinking of putting one up about the influential side of hip hop culture.

I don't listen to much rap. Some Jay-Z, Snoop Dogg, and Tupac here and there. But I really like Common:

Originally Posted by SLY1984
    Yea mo money mo murder was hot too. That song at the end "born alone, die alone" had a smooth beat. Did he ever make that into a full song?
    A thread about the best masters of ceremonies and their greatest songs would be cool, prince. Its gonna start many debates. I'm thinking of putting one up about the influential side of hip hop culture.
    i dunno if he did ima check that out.....and yea ima try and post it up within the next few days......

about the influencial side of hip-hop no one comes close to Tupac.....again just my opinion

and in general tat whole voice-changing, T-Pain **** is pissing me off it was hot when it started out but now its annoying

i liked Wayne more before he started that bull****.....and Kayne is getting annoying too using it..he was the best before he went mainstream

too bad 2pac died over something stupid as a chain

Originally Posted by quiggle
    too bad 2pac died over something stupid as a chain
    your thinking of the 1994 shooting where he got shot 5 times at the recording studio and was robbed....he had surgery and then left the hospital 3 hours after the shooting, and he got shot in the chest and head.....thats a warrior and after that he realized not to take his life for granted so he started recording 3 songs a day...

he was assassinated in Vegas after a Mike Tyson fight....on Sept, 7th 1996 and died Sept 13th 1996 rest in peace tupac.....

Originally Posted by DaTPRiNCE
    your thinking of the 1994 shooting where he got shot 5 times at the recording studio and was robbed....he had surgery and then left the hospital 3 hours after the shooting, and he got shot in the chest and head.....thats a warrior and after that he realized not to take his life for granted so he started recording 3 songs a day...

he was assassinated in Vegas after a Mike Tyson fight....on Sept, 7th 1996 and died Sept 13th 1996 rest in peace tupac.....
    yeah but I was referring to what happened in the MGM lobby before he got shot in 1996 when he rushed up on some Crips cause one of them took a Death Row employees chain and Suge and them ride with the Bloods. some think the guy who got beat down was the one who came back and shot Pac and Suge at the strip.

this is surveillance from security at around a minute you see them stomping on him

yea i know about that...but i dont think thats what killed him, i believe Suge Knight had something to do with his assassination

. suge night was un-injured in the shooting even thought he was sitting right next to tupac
    . Suge owed tupac 17 million dollars for work already done
    . Tupac was threating to leave Death-Row
    . Suge hasn't cooperated with authorities after the shooting

With their purchase of Death Row Records and it's entire catalog for a reported $25million, new owners Global Music Group also acquired the rights to one complete Tupac album. Death Row still owned the rights to the album as a result of a deal made during the Death Row/Tupac Estate settlement.

GMG is prepared to release the album in it's untouched and original form, pending the clearance of any samples used in it's production and the blessing of Afeni Shakur. Something die hard Tupac fans have been requesting since the remixing of his music began; to little success.

The album could be released as early as the start of 2009. The question is, does Global Music Group have what it takes to release a CD let alone a Tupac album? And do today's Hip-Hop fans still want to hear Tupac over 1995-1996 style production?

the answer is we do......im tired of that voice-changing t-pain ****...the beats from back then kill todays beats...

this album is going to be big, kinda like R U Still Down?(Remember Me), and Loyal to the Game

not that Pac's Life **** where they messed with the recording and remixed verses with current artist voices....ORIGINAL TUPAC SONGS IS EXACTLY WHAT WE WANNA LISTEN TO

yeah too many theories running around, it's a shame him and Big's murders will probably never be solved.

I'm hungry to hear OG 2Pac not some Eminem produced garbage cut and paste and speed up/slow down Pac's voice to match today's beats. swizz beats crap. and dont edit stuff out like F- Wendy Williams, Delores Tucker. what a joke when they messed up great OGs like tattoo tears, all out, everything they owe, lil homies when he disses LL Cool J, and when thugs cry when he disses Nas leave them all there

I also hope one day Angie Martinez release the full interview she had with Pac cause that was raw when they release snippets on Hot 97.