I Know It's Early-But Who Should We Draft?

Who Should We Draft?

• Brandon Jennings

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Ricky Rubio

Votes: 22 35.5%
  • Demar DeRozan

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Tyreke Evans

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Blake Griffin

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • other

Votes: 18 29.0%

• Total voters

metrocard

Legend
^ Those are really just passes off of broken plays and poor transition defense. Whack vid.

We've seen David Lee throw alley-oop plays to players...so I if I post a highlight video of him making passes in the transition(which he's pretty good with outlet passes) and throwing alley passes to Nate/Chandler, that makes him certified as the facilitator of the Knicks offense?

Nah.

- Not a true point guard
- Out of control at times
- Shot-selection
- Stuck between 1 and 2
- Ability to defend position at next level?
- Lateral quickness
- Versatility to defend multiple positions
- Limited upside?
- Backup/Fringe Starter?
- College system makes him difficult to evaluate
- Average athleticism
- Average size
- Average wingspan
- Frail frame
- Relies too heavily on outside shot

Best case: Mike Bibby
Worst case: Boobie Gibson without the defense

If you want elite passing, check out this man-child.

Best Case: Walt Clyde Frazier
Worst Case: Jason Kidd

ANU

Starter
lol.metro has to be like 13 years old.mufuka's on some i know you are but what am i shit.......:teeth:

you're entitled to your opinion metro.it's aight.i aint mad.

metrocard

Legend
how can holiday be overrated? he's a prospect who know one has going higher than 4, in what is supposed to be a weak draft.he's 18, 6-4, considered by some the best player of his high school class, and played out of position in college.

You overrated Holiday.
Holiday hasn't done shit at UCLA to even be in the top 10.
His stock is purely based on his high school potential.
Holiday turns 19 in 6 days; just like most NCAA freshmen...but keep holding on to the 18 year old title since its special to you.
Holiday has played out of position most of his life.

Keep throwing the excuses.
Theres no its justifiable that you say Nash is overrated, but Holiday isn't...you're putting Holiday ahead of all the PG's in this draft, when he isn't even a top 5 PG.

http://www.draftexpress.com/rankings/Draft-Eligible-PGs/

Rubio
Evans
Curry
Jennings
Flynn
Lawson

then Holiday
Who isn't the pure PG Maynor, Mills, and his teammate(best PG at UCLA) Darren Collinson is.

Holiday is going to be good, but he's not a can't miss prospect with his average season at UCLA.

ANU

Starter
like i said before, i'd love to have rubio running this team.sure as hell wouldn't gut it of its youth for him.I'm not isiah.

metrocard

Legend
Isiah gave away cap space and picks for one dimensionally unmotivated talent...

We're giving away average players for a potential superstar and at worst a Rajon Rondo.

As for Holiday, I may be wrong about him since I brought up Rondo.

You don't really need a set jumpshot in the NBA to be sucessful as a PG. Look at Rose and Rondo for example.

if Holiday develops his midrange jumper, he could be a threat; think Gary Payton.

But I don't know enough about Holiday's work ethic is why I remain unknown and critical of him.

Anyone got some inside articles?

Because Knicks are heavily favoring Holiday/Curry/Evans/Flynn.

They're not bad choices, neither of them because all of them will be NBA starters.

I obviously have a bias towards Lawson and Rubio, but thats just me.

dpryde

Benchwarmer
Isiah gave away cap space and picks for one dimensionally unmotivated talent...

We're giving away average players for a potential superstar and at worst a Rajon Rondo.

As for Holiday, I may be wrong about him since I brought up Rondo.

You don't really need a set jumpshot in the NBA to be sucessful as a PG. Look at Rose and Rondo for example.

if Holiday develops his midrange jumper, he could be a threat; think Gary Payton.

But I don't know enough about Holiday's work ethic is why I remain unknown and critical of him.

Anyone got some inside articles?

Because Knicks are heavily favoring Holiday/Curry/Evans/Flynn.

They're not bad choices, neither of them because all of them will be NBA starters.

I obviously have a bias towards Lawson and Rubio, but thats just me.

rubio>holiday no doubt, but i was reading the thread before, and you seemed pretty high on curry in the past, did davidson rocky finish change your perspective on him?

metrocard

Legend
I have Curry as best case: Mike Bibby.

I surely believe he will have a 15-17 ppg 5-7 assist NBA career.

He does have some bust potential too.
We won't know till next year for sure.

ANU

Starter
honestly, i wouldn't be upset with a couple of different scenarios. whether its curry,rubio(depending on what we give up) derozan, holiday i'd be happy.but i'd like to see the knicks make more than one move. if we can get flynn and blair on draft night, just wow.i wouldn't know what to do.both guys where born to be knicks.

GetRealistic

Starter
I have Curry as best case: Mike Bibby.

I surely believe he will have a 15-17 ppg 5-7 assist NBA career.

He does have some bust potential too.
We won't know till next year for sure.

Thats a pretty solid career for an 8th pick... If we got Curry and he put up those numbers for his career i'd be more then happy with that..

It's not like were pickin in the top 3... Its kind of a hit and miss situation when you pick where we are... If you can pick a guy who is plays like Mike Bibby in his Sacramento years i'd be nice pick.

metrocard

Legend
Thats a pretty solid career for an 8th pick... If we got Curry and he put up those numbers for his career i'd be more then happy with that..

It's not like were pickin in the top 3... Its kind of a hit and miss situation when you pick where we are... If you can pick a guy who is plays like Mike Bibby in his Sacramento years i'd be nice pick.

We need more than solid.
We're the Knicks.
We need the best.

GetRealistic

Starter
Well we shoulda tanked the season then.... If we draft Steph Curry at 8 and he puts up the numbers you said it's a great draft for us...

You want to get the best you stick with the 2010 plan and go get Lebron and Bosh or Lebon and Stat... Its a major if but how could would Steph Curry's jumper look if we had a post player and a player like Lebron around him?

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
I'm guessing this type of thread won't be needed this year SMMFH

Its a damn shame we don't have a pick, especially with all the talent coming thru...

Monroe, Wall, Amino, Davis, Stephenson, etc, etc, etc...

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i know man ****ing sucks! and to think i wanted to make a draft thread but **** it im not making a thread if we wont be picking in it......we coulda been well on our way to a top 2 pick ****.

ANU

Starter
evan turner

<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="bg4" align="left"><td>GP</td><td>MIN/G</td><td>PTS/G</td><td>REB/G</td><td>AST/G</td><td>FG %</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="center">7</td><td align="center">35.0</td><td align="center">20.6</td><td align="center">12.9</td><td align="center">6.6</td><td align="center">61.9</td></tr></tbody></table>

ridiculous.too bad for us.