I Know It's Early-But Who Should We Draft?

Who Should We Draft?

• Brandon Jennings

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Ricky Rubio

Votes: 22 35.5%
  • Demar DeRozan

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Tyreke Evans

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Blake Griffin

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • other

Votes: 18 29.0%

• Total voters

metrocard

Legend
BJ Mullins hasn't even prove himself yet, why would Knicks draft him? Thats so silly.

Who the hell compares Redick to Curry? What a dumbass.

That generator is BS anyway, just a toy. No one has declared for the draft yet. Till they do it becomes more realistically.

New New York

Quiet Storm
The obvious choice is Rubio, but, lighting won't strike again,meaning no way a projected lower lottery team jumps up into the top 3. Unless Rubio's stock falls or six or seven players really come on from now til the end of March Rubio is out of the question.

Al-Farouq Aminu is who I would go for. He is a nice rebounder and likes to run the floor. The game I saw him play he was knocking down J's but the commentators of the game and his scouting report suggest his jumper needs work. The knock on him is that he is a SF which we heavy on currently. But he currently is projected to be a lower lottery selection.

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
If we stay around the same position, i really wouldnt mind getting Jonny Flynn (pg, syracuse). the guy is a little short, but he's improving, shooting from 3 much better this year, and should be available around 10-15

I like Monroe, but i think he'll go in top 10

I wouldnt mind using a 2nd round pick on Victor Claver, if the guy declares, and keep him in Spain till 2010 or 2011, based on our gaps
doubt he'll declare this year though

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i would want us to take Monroe with our first pick(i say we pick around 7-12) and with our second pick we draft A.J Price or Tyrese Rice and if Flynn is there we should go for him

but if we go with a G with our first pick like Tyreke Evans(dude is nasty) or we get lucky with Curry then i would want us to take Cole Aldrich with our second pick......he basically a faster Zyndrunas Illgauskaus....

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back

Tyreke Evans is a great player he could it all on the court he could score pass and defend the ball very well....he would be a great fit for us because he likes to run and his great shot will fit well in this system.....depending on the position we get in the draft this is guy i want (no homo)

<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="stathead"><td colspan="14">Season Averages</td></tr> <tr class="colhead" align="right"> <td align="left" width="10%">SEASON</td> <td>MIN</td> <td>PTS</td> <td>REB</td> <td>AST</td> <td>TO</td> <td>A/T</td> <td>STL</td> <td>BLK</td> <td>PF</td> <td>FG%</td> <td>FT%</td> <td>3P%</td> <td>PPS</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"> <td align="left">2008-2009</td> <td>25.1</td> <td>16.7</td> <td>6.0</td> <td>3.7</td> <td>3.7</td> <td>1.00</td> <td>2.7</td> <td>.3</td> <td>2.3</td> <td>.422</td> <td>.743</td> <td>.200</td> <td>1.15</td></tr></tbody></table>

metrocard

Legend
Evans wants to be in the NBA right now, but he seems like a really selfish type of dude who wants to take over a team wit his scoring.

He's extremely dynamic and talented though, no question. He's just not on my fav 5 right now.

I have to do more research on the NCAA...there were so many good players that came out in the draft, that make this season kind of stale. But still NCAA competition is always fun to watch, more fun than NBA basketball.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
NCAA is more fun then the nba only during NCAA tourney though because everything changes when you start playing for money its a business.....but in college u gotta play and earn every second, so you see the players play with more love for the game and bigger desire

and Evans is a nasty player and i think he'll have a very successful NBA career and he would be the perfect 2 gaurd to complement LeBron(if we get him) i see him as a Joe Johnson player....this draft class is underrated because of last years draft(rose, mayo, beasley etc) i think this draft has alot of talent and hidden gems...and Walsh will find one (no homo)

stephen curry

i think we should draft curry. hes proven he can play pg in college having double assist nights. and this kid can drive and shoot from three he is a little nash. yeah rubio and jennings can make flashier plays but neither of them can shoot or score like curry.

i say we draft curry and sign lebron and norwitzki we need a big who can shoot and rebound, resign harrington since he plays so well under dantoni. sign nash to a small contract and have him either mentor or back up curry. maybe sign someone like brad miller to back up at c he can pass and shoot

pg: curry/nash
sg:
sf: lebron/chandler
pf: harrington/ gallinari
c: norwitzki/miller

im not sure who we should sign or draft to play sg but i think we would be unstoppable on the offinsive side of the ball. and i think we could play a pretty effective zone deffence with everyone being so athletic and jsut letting lebron be a ball hawk waiting for people to drive. we've all seen hin seen lay up soaring across the court before. imagine surounding lebron with all those shooeters look how well his team is shooting now and this is a much better team

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
if Curry goes on like that, he's a top 5, maybe even top 3, considering some top guys like Rubio are likely to stay out of draft
dont think we'll get anywhere near him, unless we are really lucky in the lottery

Honestly I think we need to start thinking about player's that will be available more like in the middle of the first round. I don't think we'll even be picking in the top 10, but that's just my opinion.

Middle of the 1st -

1.Johny Flynn -SYR - True PG with Driving,Dishing and good defence
2.Nick Calathis - FLA - Good SG with Size, a great shot and great court Vision (AKA Gallo the American :))
3. Any Big Defensive minded C/PF that's athletic enough to run the floor in Coach D's system.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Honestly I think we need to start thinking about player's that will be available more like in the middle of the first round. I don't think we'll even be picking in the top 10, but that's just my opinion.

Middle of the 1st -

1.Johny Flynn -SYR - True PG with Driving,Dishing and good defence
2.Nick Calathis - FLA - Good SG with Size, a great shot and great court Vision (AKA Gallo the American :))
3. Any Big Defensive minded C/PF that's athletic enough to run the floor in Coach D's system.

im looking at players like (who'll be avilable around 8-12 'our draft range')

1. Greg Monroe C- thats the defensive minded C u were asking about, he gets alotof bocked shots about 3 a game, and his rebounding is good and he's fast for a 7 footer and runs the floor very well, he's a Dwight Howard kinda center the big defensive athletic type....he's gonna be really good

2. Tyreke Evans SG- dude is a flat out scorer and he does it all he could handle the ball very well and could play balhawking defense, reminds me of Joe Johnson

3. Earl Clark SG/SF- very versitile

4. Jonny Flynn PG-we need a pg for the future....

i say take Monroe with our first pick and with our second try and trade for another pick to get Ty Lawson or Flynn...or wait for second round steals like Rice, and Price

and where we're gonna pick around 10 Evans and Monroe will/should be available

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
im looking at players like (who'll be avilable around 8-12 'our draft range')

1. Greg Monroe C- thats the defensive minded C u were asking about, he gets alotof bocked shots about 3 a game, and his rebounding is good and he's fast for a 7 footer and runs the floor very well, he's a Dwight Howard kinda center the big defensive athletic type....he's gonna be really good

2. Tyreke Evans SG- dude is a flat out scorer and he does it all he could handle the ball very well and could play balhawking defense, reminds me of Joe Johnson

3. Earl Clark SG/SF- very versitile

4. Jonny Flynn PG-we need a pg for the future....

i say take Monroe with our first pick and with our second try and trade for another pick to get Ty Lawson or Flynn...or wait for second round steals like Rice, and Price

and where we're gonna pick around 10 Evans and Monroe will/should be available

I agree. That monroe guy looks like the real deal on the defensive side. We already have many scorers so picking him up as a defensive presence is the right move.

Hey, I was thinking about this line up:

Duhon- 10-12 ppg
Lebron- 25+ ppg
Chandler- 15-18 ppg
Harrington- 20 ppg
Lee- 12-14 ppg

Its about an 85 ppg average. And that's not even counting a second superstar in our team. Plus add on another 25 ppg by our bench. That's about 110 ppg. So we really should build up our defense with this next coming draft.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
ima go out and say Monore is gonna be better then Thabeet.......Thabeet is more of a defensive precense while Monroe is better offensively but both could play both sides of the ball i just like Monroe more(no homo) its gonna be a link between them like Paul-and-Williams

we need to either draft a pg or a sg maybe a big that can rebound and run.

CURRY- great scorer outside and in, high bball i.q. proving this year he can play the point.

RUBIO- great court vision, high bball i.q. , big , good defender

BUDINGER- high basketball i.q. , great shooter, very athletic

and maybe someone like taj gibson in the second round

Paul1355

All Star
I agree. That monroe guy looks like the real deal on the defensive side. We already have many scorers so picking him up as a defensive presence is the right move.

Hey, I was thinking about this line up:

Duhon- 10-12 ppg
Lebron- 25+ ppg
Chandler- 15-18 ppg
Harrington- 20 ppg
Lee- 12-14 ppg

Its about an 85 ppg average. And that's not even counting a second superstar in our team. Plus add on another 25 ppg by our bench. That's about 110 ppg. So we really should build up our defense with this next coming draft.

We should also get a guy who is a threat from three point land since we average a million attemtps a game from behind the arc.

I agree though we should upgrade on defense and that calls for Hasheem Thabeet.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
our main needs we could get with our 2 draft picks this year and we could possibly trade for another, for example...we draft Monroe with our first pick then we take a gaurd with our second like Flynn or Lawson(trade up) or Rice or Price if we wait till the second round

or if we take Evans with our first pick then we take Cole Aldrich with our second i see him as a faster more durable Zyndrunas Illgauskas

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
We should also get a guy who is a threat from three point land since we average a million attemtps a game from behind the arc.

I agree though we should upgrade on defense and that calls for Hasheem Thabeet.

See I haven't seen many thabeet highlights, just monroe. I'm gonna check him out (no homo) on youtube. My 3 hour plane ride should be a good time to see some highlights on him.

Hey by the way, I know it snowed in NY today but how is tomorrow's forecast looking?

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
it's gonna snow all weekend so the weather gonna be real bad here...all this and it's not even winter yet poll