I Know It's Early-But Who Should We Draft?

Who Should We Draft?

• Brandon Jennings

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Ricky Rubio

Votes: 22 35.5%
  • Demar DeRozan

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Tyreke Evans

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Blake Griffin

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • other

Votes: 18 29.0%

• Total voters

metrocard

Legend
Everyone has great upside.
Including me and you.

DeRozan isn't that good to be in the same sentence as Kobe. Just because he's an athletic wing who can dunk doesn't really gve the same right to be on Kobe's level...if he was good as a prospect as Kobe, he would of dominated the Pac-10. He really wasn't a factor, OJ Mayo is light years ahead of DeRozan.

Really have no clue how you came up with that, seriously.

ANU

Starter
Everyone has great upside.
Including me and you.

DeRozan isn't that good to be in the same sentence as Kobe. Just because he's an athletic wing who can dunk doesn't really gve the same right to be on Kobe's level...if he was good as a prospect as Kobe, he would of dominated the Pac-10. He really wasn't a factor, OJ Mayo is light years ahead of DeRozan.

Really have no clue how you came up with that, seriously.
:lol: here we go again.what is it with you?

this aint

metrocardpeoplewhoagreewithhim&peoplewhodisagreewithhim.com.

it's knicksonline.com. save that philosophical bullshit for somebody else.
you think kobe was kobe of now coming out of high school?
no he wasn't.i said he's probably as good a prospect coming out of high school as kobe was.stop acting like you're bumass runs this site.

the nerve of this cunt coming of all smug and shit with his wack ass jc penny jacket.****outta here.

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
I just wish there were more ready point guards in the draft. Watching Duhon is like watching the twin of Howard Eisley. I think Duhon is too conservative for this system, and in that he averages 3 turnovers a game. This team needs a great point guard badly, as well as a center to protect the paint. By the time we pick Rubio/Griffin will be gone, so drafting explosive open court players such as Demar DeRozan and Al-Farouq Aminu is the way to go.

Another option is to trade up and if we can't, trade down for more picks. This has to be one of the weakest drafts in some time, so if we can't get Rubio or Griffin, lets just trade down with a team like the Timberwolves or Thunder who have 3 first round picks each.

JayJ44

Starter
I think Ty Lawson would be a great PG for this system. He's incredibly fast, and great at setting up his teammates. He's athletic and strong, and he's very adept at getting in the lane. UNC's style of play is very similar to D'antoni's system, so he's already used to a high pace system. He has a high work ethic, and I think he has the potential to become a good shooter.

He's pretty good defensively too. He can play the passing lanes, and his man to man defense is impressive when focused. His size may hurt him, but he can make up for it with his speed and athleticism.

Lawson is a true, pass first PG who can also create his own shot. He's the perfect PG for this system (outside of Rubio).

On the bright side, his form is much closer to textbook on his free throws, so it's not unreasonable to expect it to carry over to his in-game shooting over time. He?s doubled his rate of makes from 3-point range from his freshman to junior seasons, while increasing his percentages 14% thus far. His true shooting percentage currently ranks second amongst all point guards, and would rank tops of any point guard in the last four drafts if he maintained the same rate through <nobr id="itxt_nobr_149_0" style="font-weight: normal; font-size: 100%;">ACC </nobr> play.

In terms of attacking the basket, Lawson has arguably taken his game to the next level here as well, showing the same prowess in the transition game, but also looking a bit more comfortable attacking off the dribble in the half-court, making excellent utilization of hesitation and in-and-out dribbles in combination with his footwork and body control, getting into the lane with ease.

Defensively, Lawson is very much the same player, a huge disruptive force on the weak-side (3.7 steals per 40 minutes pace adjusted, ranked 2nd in our database), and capable of being a highly effective man-to-man defender when he locks down, but often shows an inconsistent stance in that area, while his size is also a disadvantage
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Ty-Lawson-485/

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
^^
I'm on the same page with you again there JayJ. He automatically gets the upper hand as an undersized player even at the point when compared to Nate. Pass first v shoot and dance first will win the day with any and all sub 6 footers. Quick and savvy with good shooting form & built to last, less deformed than Duhon. Suits our back-court needs to a T.

The only problem is skipping drafting a young big man.

Hard to really put a stamp on which is needed more than the other.

Mike D has said himself that his system is reliant on a capable point man, but perhaps a rookie isn't the answer in his eyes?

Wait and see I suppose.

I put him in my 09-10 starting 5 on the trade thread and would love to see him speedily orchestrating the Knicks.

metrocard

Legend
:lol: here we go again.what is it with you?

this aint

metrocardpeoplewhoagreewithhim&peoplewhodisagreewithhim.com.

it's knicksonline.com. save that philosophical bullshit for somebody else.
you think kobe was kobe of now coming out of high school?
no he wasn't.i said he's probably as good a prospect coming out of high school as kobe was.stop acting like you're bumass runs this site.

the nerve of this cunt coming of all smug and shit with his wack ass jc penny jacket.****outta here.

Actually it is.

I don't know why you got so mad.

I just laid down the facts about DeRozan.

You came back with no reply...just a comment on my jacket.

You said:
Probably?

So you don't even know.

All you know is how DeRozan's cock taste...you gave us NOTHIG or any documented data that DeRozan was as good as Kobe coming out of High School.

DeRozan isn't even the best player on USC. So **** his no handle low basketball IQ I can't shoot 3's ass.

DeRozan definately was not Kobe coming out of High School, I and the rest of the site definately know that for sure.

I don't see why you got so tight because I exposed your boy.

Should I just sit here and let your homosexual love for DeTurnover currupt the site?

Even my rivals on this site know I speak the truth, and thats what pisses off no bodies like you...dudes who lurk and hate, and I see me drop the knowledge with an arrogrance that pisses them off.

I'm going to end DeRozan's hype right now on KNicksonline, because all youv'e been doing n this site is riding that young boy's meat.

DeRozan's best case is Pietrus with poor D.

He's not an all star caliber player, never will be. If he gets drafted in the lottery, he will certainly be a bust since he's not that GOOD.

The two core attributes of a guard is BALL HANDLING, SHOOTING, 1ST STEP TO THE BASKET, AND BEING DYNAMIC ON OFFENSE.

DeRozan has an F rating in all these attributes.

He does not have the basketball fundamentals to be a success in the NBA at this stage. His attacking ability is going to be severely limited if he cannot learn to develop his handle.

I can't really remember a shooting guard who couldn't hit the college 3 line coming out and turning into a good player.

DeRozan is no different from Bill Walker.

Hacket's all-around game was more impressive than DeRozan's. If DeRozan goes pro this year, he'll have a horrible rookie year and drive his coach nuts. Right now, he can't even play guard. He's got to work on all of his perimeter skills - especially his jump shot.

metrocard

Legend
I think Ty Lawson would be a great PG for this system. He's incredibly fast, and great at setting up his teammates. He's athletic and strong, and he's very adept at getting in the lane. UNC's style of play is very similar to D'antoni's system, so he's already used to a high pace system. He has a high work ethic, and I think he has the potential to become a good shooter.

He's pretty good defensively too. He can play the passing lanes, and his man to man defense is impressive when focused. His size may hurt him, but he can make up for it with his speed and athleticism.

Lawson is a true, pass first PG who can also create his own shot. He's the perfect PG for this system (outside of Rubio).

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Ty-Lawson-485/

Great stuff.

Ty Lawson was a 5 star recruit from High School...so you know he has mad talent....the man has it all.

KBlack25

Starter
I don't follow college much, never had a team so never had anyone to really root for. None of my close friends really went to a big time school, one of my best friends went to ASU but they've only really been good this year. In thinking about the future long term, what about this kid Renardo Sydney from Fairfax High in California. Committed to USC, he's 6'10" and growing, and he can shoot the 3.

Any thoughts on this more long term type of guy?

ANU

Starter
Lol At This Faggots Long Winded Rant. I'm Not Reading That Shit.
This Is My Last Response To You.you're Irrelevant.you're On The Same Site We All Are.stop Acting Like You Know More Than Anybody Else.
Get Off My Dick.go buy yourself something fresher that jacket is garbage.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
im officially on the Lawson bandwagon. We can trade for a bigman in the offseason.

Pg is one of our weakest positions considering Duhon is the starter.

D'Antoni would make Lawson an epic Pg. and would do to him what D'Antoni did for Nash.

Lawson works hard and wants to be great thats the attitude we need, and he's a leader, another missing piece perhaps more than a center

D'Antoni will make this dude an allstar by his 3rd year.

with the 7th pick the knicks draft Ty Lawson.

metrocard

Legend
im officially on the Lawson bandwagon. We can trade for a bigman in the offseason.

D'Antoni would make Lawson an epic Pg. and would do to him what D'Antoni did for Nash.

Lawson works hard and wants to be great thats the attitude we need, and he's a leader, another missing piece perhaps more than a center

co-sign.

I could see Lawson putting up Chris Paul type numbers with 3pt range.

Lawson has been a winner for all his career at UNC.

TunerAddict

Starter

Agreed.

The more I see Ty play, the more it seems destined for him to be our starting PG next year.

Blas

Benchwarmer
I think the only other player I would really want for the knicks to draft besides lawson is monroe.

I would be happy with either one.

As much as I do like Lawson here are some little things I am worried about him:

1) His jumpshot: I rarely see him take a shot. Most of the time he is taking it to the house. Apparently his report says it has a slow release and its shot low. With his height that can definitely be a problem. In the NBA level he won't have the opportunities to drive it in like he does in college. I hope this can be fixed. Now the good thing is his shot selection. They guy knows his strengths and plays to them unlike certain shot chuckers we have/had.

2) His defense: The guy is definitely a pest on D. He works hard and attacks the ball. I worry because UNC plays great team D. The knicks do not play great team D, so I am not sure how Lawson will handle guarding NBA players by himself.

3) UNC NBA quality: Last player under Roy Williams at UNC to succeed in the NBA is...... no one yet. Hopefully, Lawson can change this.

metrocard

Legend
Lawson's jumpshot efficiency is similar to Nash...both have great shot selection and keep their dribble for shots in the paint.

JayJ44

Starter
^^
I'm on the same page with you again there JayJ. He automatically gets the upper hand as an undersized player even at the point when compared to Nate. Pass first v shoot and dance first will win the day with any and all sub 6 footers. Quick and savvy with good shooting form & built to last, less deformed than Duhon. Suits our back-court needs to a T.

The only problem is skipping drafting a young big man.

Hard to really put a stamp on which is needed more than the other.

Mike D has said himself that his system is reliant on a capable point man, but perhaps a rookie isn't the answer in his eyes?

Wait and see I suppose.

I put him in my 09-10 starting 5 on the trade thread and would love to see him speedily orchestrating the Knicks.

Not really any great big man in this draft outside of Griffin, Hill, Monroe, maybe Thabeet. I think it's easier to find a big man than a PG of Lawson's caliber. I can't take having Duhon has the starting PG for my favorite team much longer lol.

Great stuff.

Ty Lawson was a 5 star recruit from High School...so you know he has mad talent....the man has it all.

Yeah, and he has the intelligence and work ethic to maximize his talent. That's one of the things I like most about him.

:agreed:
Good post Prince. Lawson+D'antoni's system=all star/borderline MVP

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
the reason i gave up on the C position is because outside Griffin( a PF) and Monroe no C is appealing they are all huge question marks we need a sure-fire superstar-to-be, and Lawson will be that.........Walsh has to draft this guy he could even trade down and still get him at 11 or so, but i wouldnt take the risk take him and watch him develop.

for a C, why not call the Hornets and get him?......you guys saw what the Thunder gave up to get him( almost), we could make a better offer

Lawson

Hughes

Chandler

Lee

T.Chandler

Blas

Benchwarmer
McCants, Williams are pretty good.

You are right they both are pretty good, and still can turn into something better. I think they both left too early, of course I do not blame Rashad, but Williams should of stayed. A big knock on Williams is he gets hurt too often.

I also didn't realize from my 3rd point in the previous post is that I believe this will be the first group of guys going to the NBA draft from UNC that Roy recruited. McCants, Williams, etc were recruited from the previous coach.

ANU

Starter
I would really like someone "close" to the knicks to mention ed davis name.
maybe hearing his name will tempt him to come out.......