3 4.84%
  • Tyreke Evans

1 1.61%
  • Blake Griffin

10 16.13%
  • other

18 29.03%
Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: I Know It's Early-But Who Should We Draft?

Stephon Curry

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

^ he'll also be a great fit but he may not fall to our range due to his impressive play

if we draft a 2 i want
    . DeMar DeRozan
    . Tyreke Evans
    . Stephen Curry

or Center
    . Greg Monroe
    . Hashim Thabeet

draft either Griffin or DeRozen, and sign Sergio Rodriguez come 2010

Originally Posted by JayJ44
    What about Stephon Curry if he's available? Dick Vitale just said he'll be a superstar in the NBA. Although, we desperately need a center.

I'd rather have Soph. Nick Calathus out of Fla. The kid has a great stroke and great Court Vision as well as Good Size at around 6'5"- 6'6", I still think we'll be picking between 15-20 so a lot of the player's we really need will be off the board all-ready. Stephon Curry will not translate well into the NBA simply because he's 6 foot nothing and a SG trapped in a Small PG's body. Totaly agree with you on the "Center" part though, to bad Griffen,Thabeet, and Monroe will be gone way before we pick

It's so frustrating because instead of doing the smart thing and going for a top 3 pick, this franchise will again win 30-33 games and be stuck with the 10th pick. Instead of having a chance to get Blake Griffin, James Harden or Hasheem Thabeet, they will be looking at players like Chase Budinger.

^ theres alot better talent available at 10 loll

DeMar DeRozan
    Tyreke Evans
    Greg Monroe
    Earl Clark
    Austin Dayne

thats just to name a few, were gonna draft a really good player but i just dunno if it'll be a C or Shooting Guard

i say we do whats nessesary and try to get Thabeet or Monroe...

Originally Posted by DaTPRiNCE
    ^ theres alot better talent available at 10 loll

DeMar DeRozan
    Tyreke Evans
    Greg Monroe
    Earl Clark
    Austin Dayne

thats just to name a few, were gonna draft a really good player but i just dunno if it'll be a C or Shooting Guard

i say we do whats nessesary and try to get Thabeet or Monroe...

I don't think we'll even be near the 10 pick more like 15-17 range I'm guessing and Monroe and Evens will probably be gone by then . Earl Clark look pretty good in that range though I also agree with you that we should do what's needed to move up and aquire a Thabeet or a Monroe or hell lets shoot for the stars and try and get Blake Griffen

we should shoot for the stars,

someone once told "shot for the moon cause if you miss you'll still land among the stars".......

but the way we've been playing we may even fall inside the top-10

Originally Posted by DaTPRiNCE
    we should shoot for the stars,

someone once told "shot for the moon cause if you miss you'll still land among the stars".......

but the way we've been playing we may even fall inside the top-10
    brandon jennings

Stephen Curry cannot play at the next level.

Originally Posted by richtree
    Stephen Curry cannot play at the next level.

Agree 100%

Originally Posted by OriginalKnickGrandson
    I'd rather have Soph. Nick Calathus out of Fla. The kid has a great stroke and great Court Vision as well as Good Size at around 6'5"- 6'6", I still think we'll be picking between 15-20 so a lot of the player's we really need will be off the board all-ready. Stephon Curry will not translate well into the NBA simply because he's 6 foot nothing and a SG trapped in a Small PG's body. Totaly agree with you on the "Center" part though, to bad Griffen,Thabeet, and Monroe will be gone way before we pick

What do you think of Nick?

i agree Victory Jennings is going to be a big star in the NBA and i hope he becomes a Knicks dude could score in bunches and is a Devin Harris type play with better passing skills.......

and OKG Nick is a good player but it's still too early to tell how he'll be in the NBA i honestly think he should wait till the 2010 draft to declare.....

hows derozen been playin so far?

he's better now then he was at the start of the season, he's starting to be more aggressive after just trying to fit in in the beginning and its paying off....if he's available when we draft we HAVE to take him he's a mix of Kobe/Carter he could be a big time player in this league....unless of course Monroe is available then he's our guy

* ima make an update soon

Lightbulb NCAA Update

I haven't had the time to do an update in a while but im back at it

the season is wearing on and the NCAA Tournament is just around the corner, which mean the pre-draft workouts and the actual draft is rapidly approaching

I've decided to take a different approach in the updates leading up to the NCAA Tournament, every updates ill look at the different positions and the players who are rising and falling at these positions then ill have a big update looking at underdogs and players to look out for (X actors) and sleepers in the update before the Tournament

to start things off were gonna look at :

THE POINT GUARDS

1. Ricky Rubio, PG, Spain- Rubio is only 18 and yet he's a starter on one of the best teams in Europe - thanks to him and he's played on the silver winning spanish teams in this past olympics, his solid game vs the eventual champions USA convinced scouts that although he's young he's the real deal, an injury to his wrist kept him out for the seasons first month-although its limited him offensivly it's help him in the other aspects, his assits have skyrocketed as he's adjusted well to his injury, recording 12 assists in his most recent outing.

theres been some speculation as to whether he'll enter this years draft or wait for 2010 and enter then, there have been reports that he'll enter this years draft if he's a top-3 pick, and given his skills, potential, and the demand for point gaurds thi year, its safe to say he'll hear his name called this summer

2. Brandon Jennings, PG, Italy- it was a bold move for Jennings to skip going to college and play in Europe instead, although it hasnt payed off like he'd thought, yet. I think he did a great move by skipping college and turning pro(second best level of basketball to the NBA) the competition is better then College and so he'll get real experience that will help him when he translates his game to the NBA. His production has improved in recent weeks, i thinks its because he's gotten a grip of the european game, he's still shaky but theres no questioning his skills, talent , work ethic and potential, this dude has the makings of a sick NBA player, remember you heard it here...

at times he looked like a top-5 lock and others he looked like a mid first rounder but, workouts will be instrumental to where he ultimetly gets drafted. look out for this dude

3. Jrue Holiday, PG, UCLA- He hasnt been playing point much this season thanks to Darren Collison, but Russel Westbrook didnt play the Point much last year either and he's the starter at the position for the thunder

His game isn't flashy but he get it done, with his athleticism Basketball IQ and brings it on defense every single single game, after a slow start this year he's picked it up and look out for him to climb the draft boards leading up to the draft

4. Stephen Curry, PG, Davidson- Is he a undersized SG, or doesnt have the refined skills to be a successful PG? thats the major question surrounding this dude, he's not athletic enough, not explosive enough...blah, blah, blah..look at the stats then say he isnt explosive enough or doesn't posses the skills to be a successful PG at the next level the dude is averaging 6.6 assists a game thats good for someone who isnt a PG.

Redardless of the questions around this dude he'll a lock for the top-10 maybe even top 5 he'll quiet his critics like he's been doing so far this season and look for that to carry over into the NBA

5. Willie Warren, PG, Oklahoma- he's raised the bar his year and has been a plesant suprise to this point in the season, i for one didnt expect him to be this good, he's risen to become one of the best PG's in the nation, yes the nation. Another PG with true postion questions surrounding him, but he has the size to play 1-or-2 in the NBA

Depending on how far Oklahoma goes in the tourney he could move into the lottery.

6. Jonny Flynn, PG, Syracuse- with his toughness and fearlessness has scouts talking amongst each other about this dude, and along with his explosiveness and athleticism this dude is the real deal he's in a little slump recently but he'll come out of it soon, earlier in the year there was talk he was a lottery pick, then his slump changed that, but no worries at seasons end he'll be right back in the lottery discussion

7. Jeff Teague, PG, Wake Forest- Teague is the fastest and quietest rising player in the draft his play has been excepional and his stats match up with the best, but he doesn't get much love(no homo). He's averaging 30 points over his last 3 games and has shown he could score by the bunches he could do it all kncking down the 3 then taking it to the basket

He's shown he could score but questions surround his passing game, i honestly think its fine, needs some work obviously, but doesnt everyone?...if he keeps it up he'll keep rising the draft boards.

8. Ty Lawson, PG, UNC- this guy is up-and-down more then roller coasters one week theres talk of him in the lottery the next he's on the 1st round bubble, so far he's been great, he's improved his outside shooting and his assist-to-turnover ratio is off the charts, but after getting owned by Teague in a loss to Wake Forset you could see why his stock is up-and-down

it will take a strong showing in the NCAA Tournment to solidify his stance in the lottery something he hasn't done in the past...as of now he's a mid-to-late first rounder, after the tourny he'll be a lock for the lottery hi improvment make it hard for him not to

9. Patrick Mills, PG, St.Marys(Cali)- Mills is still riding his impressive play from the olymipics and it's carried over to the NCAA season he has a nice mix of playing point gaurd and getting his own shot, ut they aren't all that, with his assist-to-turnover ratio and shooting percentages taking a hit recently its hurt his stock

as it stands now he's on the first-round bubble, and thats likely where he'll get drafted.

10. Darren Collison, PG, UCLA- For the second year in a row an NBA team is gonna draft Colisons backup before him, but that hasnt stopped him from producing at the PG postion.

He's improved his shooting stroke and terrific defense and speed help, but his small stature(no homo) and shaky floor leadership have him at the bubble.

next update:
    Shooting Guards