3 4.84%
  • Tyreke Evans

1 1.61%
  • Blake Griffin

10 16.13%
  • other

18 29.03%
Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 216171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: I Know It's Early-But Who Should We Draft?

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Lawson's jumpshot efficiency is similar to Nash...both have great shot selection and keep their dribble for shots in the paint.

Originally Posted by Crazy8s
    ^^
    I'm on the same page with you again there JayJ. He automatically gets the upper hand as an undersized player even at the point when compared to Nate. Pass first v shoot and dance first will win the day with any and all sub 6 footers. Quick and savvy with good shooting form & built to last, less deformed than Duhon. Suits our back-court needs to a T.

The only problem is skipping drafting a young big man.

Hard to really put a stamp on which is needed more than the other.

Mike D has said himself that his system is reliant on a capable point man, but perhaps a rookie isn't the answer in his eyes?

Wait and see I suppose.

I put him in my 09-10 starting 5 on the trade thread and would love to see him speedily orchestrating the Knicks.
    Not really any great big man in this draft outside of Griffin, Hill, Monroe, maybe Thabeet. I think it's easier to find a big man than a PG of Lawson's caliber. I can't take having Duhon has the starting PG for my favorite team much longer lol.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Great stuff.

Ty Lawson was a 5 star recruit from High School...so you know he has mad talent....the man has it all.
    Yeah, and he has the intelligence and work ethic to maximize his talent. That's one of the things I like most about him.

Originally Posted by DaTPRiNCE
    im officially on the Lawson bandwagon. We can trade for a bigman in the offseason.

Pg is one of our weakest positions considering Duhon is the starter.

D'Antoni would make Lawson an epic Pg. and would do to him what D'Antoni did for Nash.

Lawson works hard and wants to be great thats the attitude we need, and he's a leader, another missing piece perhaps more than a center

D'Antoni will make this dude an allstar by his 3rd year.

with the 7th pick the knicks draft Ty Lawson.

Good post Prince. Lawson+D'antoni's system=all star/borderline MVP

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

the reason i gave up on the C position is because outside Griffin( a PF) and Monroe no C is appealing they are all huge question marks we need a sure-fire superstar-to-be, and Lawson will be that.........Walsh has to draft this guy he could even trade down and still get him at 11 or so, but i wouldnt take the risk take him and watch him develop.

for a C, why not call the Hornets and get him?......you guys saw what the Thunder gave up to get him( almost), we could make a better offer

Lawson

Hughes

Chandler

Lee

T.Chandler

Originally Posted by metrocard
    McCants, Williams are pretty good.
    You are right they both are pretty good, and still can turn into something better. I think they both left too early, of course I do not blame Rashad, but Williams should of stayed. A big knock on Williams is he gets hurt too often.

I also didn't realize from my 3rd point in the previous post is that I believe this will be the first group of guys going to the NBA draft from UNC that Roy recruited. McCants, Williams, etc were recruited from the previous coach.

I would really like someone "close" to the knicks to mention ed davis name.
    maybe hearing his name will tempt him to come out.......

While i am a fan of Lawson, and would love him at the point, i also want Nate on this team, but i think that what we have to pay him would be starter money. So if we keep him, he may have to start. Just a thought.

if we got a rubio + ed davis this draft, i'd say **** lebron in 2010.

ed davis is OFFICIALLY not entering.

If we don't score Lawson we should look towards drafting D. Collison in round 2 outta UCLA

Superstar

Knicks don't have a 2nd round pick this year.

How about Gerald Henderson from Duke? You have to like his defensive potential and ability to make his own shot and get to the free throw line. Maybe the most explosive and athletic player in this draft after Derozan.

Default Athleticism is WAY overrated

Basketball skills are what counts. See Gerald Green. Henderson is OK but he is the typical overrated Duke player. He'll be a good role player. We need more. Just find a way to get Rubio without giving up Gallo and Chandler and we'll be fine regardless of who we get or don't get in '10.

Superstar

I don't understand when you guys say find a way to get Rubio without giving up anything good..What exactly does that mean? Why would a team trade Rubio for anything less than Chandler and/or Gallinari + a couple of 1st round picks?

Getting Rubio should never be an option for the team unless they win the lottery.

according to chad ford JOHN WALL might be eligible.

Superstar

nah John Wall is not eligible. Even though it took him 5 years in high school, the rule is you must be 19 and a year out of high school. He is neither. Even if he was available, I think he would be the #1 or #2 pick, so Knicks would not get a shot either way.

Default Willie Warren, Greg Monroe officially not entering NBA draft

Blake Griffin may be gone, but Oklahoma freshman Willie Warren is planning on sticking around Norman for at least another year.
    <style> .moreTeamsDiv { position:relative; float:right; padding-right:10px; } .moreTeamsHdr { background-image:url(/fe/img/Story/moreTeamsOn_header.gif); background-repeat:repeat-x; background-position:top; height:35px; color:#000000; font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; padding-top:4px; padding-left:4px; font-weight:bold; } .moreTeamsLinks a:link, .moreTeamsLinks a:visited { color:#1266a4; text-decoration:none; padding-top:4px; padding-left:4px; padding-right:4px; padding-bottom:4px; } .moreTeamsLinks a:hover { text-decoration:underline; } .moreTeamLinks { font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; text-decoration:none; } </style> <script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript">var pollWidth=250;</script> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://msn.foxsports.com/fe/js/lib/javascriptFlash/FSJavaScriptFlashGateway.js" language="JavaScript1.2"> <script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript"> var userStatus='vote'; // if this poll is the one for which they have answered, show results if (typeof(pollsVoted)!=&quot;undefined&quot { for (var i = 0; i < pollsVoted.length; i++) { if (pollsVoted[i] == 9463046) { var userStatus = 'results'; break; } } } // has to have retry because hitbox code is defered. function hitBoxVote(m,p) { } var pollHeight = 0; if (pollHeight == 0) { pollHeight = Math.max(140 + (2 * 45) ); } var flashPollQuery='choices=2&questionId=433106&pollId =9463046&cUrl=&pgCode=null&categoryId=null&isNarro w=false&userStatus='+userStatus; var tag = new FSFlashTag(&quot;/id/8796869&quot;, 300, pollHeight); // movie path, last two arguments are width and height tag.setId('flashPoll'); tag.setFlashvars(flashPollQuery); tag.setWmode('transparent'); tag.setW</script>Warren confirmed the decision to FOXSports.com on Thursday afternoon.
    "That's my decision," Warren said. "I'm staying."
    The 6-foot-4 Warren, one of the most talented freshman in the country this past season, averaged 14.6 points and 3.1 assists.
    With Griffin, the National Player of the Year, gone to the NBA, Warren will have an expanded role. The Sooners also lose senior starters Taylor Griffin — Blake's older brother — and point guard Austin Johnson.
    However, Oklahoma coach Jeff Capel will bring in one of the nation's top classes — one that includes heralded point guard Tommy Mason-Griffin and talented big man Keith "Tiny" Gallon.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    WASHINGTON (AP) — Georgetown says Big East rookie of the year Greg Monroe is sticking around for his sophomore season.
    Monroe is a 6-foot-10 center who was second on the Hoyas in scoring average at 12.7 and led the team in rebounding average at 6.5 as a freshman.
    He also led the team in total blocks and was second in assists.
    Georgetown was ranked as high as No. 9 in the AP Top 25 before losing 12 of its last 16 games to finish 16-15. The Hoyas lost to Baylor in the first round of the National Invitational Tournament.
    Also Wednesday, Georgetown said sophomore guard Omar Wattad will transfer. He is the third Hoyas basketball player in the past two years to leave for another school.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

The draft is looking weaker and weaker.