3 4.84%
  • Tyreke Evans

1 1.61%
  • Blake Griffin

10 16.13%
  • other

18 29.03%
Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: I Know It's Early-But Who Should We Draft?

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

I don't think this draft is that weak.

Monroe and Willie Warren returning is better for them...now with Summers gone, its Monroe's team. With Griffin gone, its Warren team. A good help for their confidence and more shot attempts = maturation of their skills. They'll be lottery picks in 2010.

This draft is solid.

Griffin - all star
    Thabeet - back up C
    Hill - back up PF
    Clark - starting SF
    Evans - starting SG
    DeRozan - back up SG
    Lawson - starting PG
    Rubio - starting PG
    Jennings - ???? hasn't proven anything in Europe, actually got exploited.
    Harden - starting SG
    Henderson - starting SG

A LOT OF WING PLAYERS in this draft..alot of guards...

Good draft if a team is weak @ SG/SF.

Problem is, we don't have a 1st round pick in 2010. I was hoping more prospects come out this year, since this will be our last lottery pick for awhile.

Monroe will probably go top 5 next year. Hopefully Donnie can pick up a 1st rounder next year.

12th man

Originally Posted by JayJ44
    Problem is, we don't have a 1st round pick in 2010. I was hoping more prospects come out this year, since this will be our last lottery pick for awhile.

Monroe will probably go top 5 next year. Hopefully Donnie can pick up a 1st rounder next year.
    Donnie really should look into buying picks...look at how well Portland did with buying picks...

Superstar

Moving down in the draft and get multiple picks could work out too. I know this is supposedly a weak draft, but I still see high some upside even in mid-late 1st round. Whatever gets more young talent on the team I'm in favor of.

I wouldn't mind trading away D Lee and Robinson for picks. We still have wilcox, who I feel could be re-signed for cheap to replace Lee, and if we draft rubio or lawson, we have duhon to run back-up to replace nate.

I think Lee and Nate are almost at their peak, might as well as take risks on finding that next superstar.

I also think this is a good idea in case the 2010 plan for Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Amare etc. does not work out. We will at least be under cap to re-sign said superstar OR use that room to sign proven vets to surround our young talent.

Because lets be real, I seriously doubt Lee and Nate will be deciding factors in getting anyone to come to NY.

Originally Posted by jeckomaru
    I wouldn't mind trading away D Lee and Robinson for picks. We still have wilcox, who I feel could be re-signed for cheap to replace Lee, and if we draft rubio or lawson, we have duhon to run back-up to replace nate.

I think Lee and Nate are almost at their peak, might as well as take risks on finding that next superstar.

I also think this is a good idea in case the 2010 plan for Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Amare etc. does not work out. We will at least be under cap to re-sign said superstar OR use that room to sign proven vets to surround our young talent.

Because lets be real, I seriously doubt Lee and Nate will be deciding factors in getting anyone to come to NY.
    Yeah, trading them away for decent picks is not a bad idea. Honestly I'd trade anyone on this team except Chandler/Gallo for a lottery pick or to move to top 3.

I think Duhon would actually be one of the best backup PG's in the league, he is a decent passer, good at the pick n roll and can hit the open J. Don't need much more from a backup.

I like Wilcox too, preferably off the bench, if we were to get a proper paint presence.

i would not mind trading down a few picks and picking up another pick or a future pick....
    we could trade down and pick still a really talented point guard in johnny flynn... flynn knows how to run a team... is athletic flourishes in a fast offense... can play d.... yes needs to work on the turnovers but that will change with experience i think...
    also one major plus he is good friends with lebron which might help lure him in the future

think of grabbing a flynn and earl clark.... all of a sudden we are fast young and more appealing to lebron
    if we put some pieces in motion lebron could be a real possibility... both lebron and wade loved playing for Dantoni and would not mind playing for him again... both want to play together.... lebron is friends with flynn

trade bait ... everyone

possibility for future
    flynn
    wade
    lebron
    clark

not bad no matter who your center is

12th man

I think its retarded to have Lebron and Wade on the same team...both guys score in the same area...it would just cluster the offense and ball movement.

All you need is one superstar and an all star to compliment (Kobe to Gasol) (Dirk to Kidd) (Anthony to Billups) (Duncan to Parker) etc...

Clarker is a SF anyway...that team would suck balls are rebounding and post defense.

It seems people forget about weaknesses as a team.

Not that it will every happen but if we had two players as talented as Wade and Lebron i have a feeling they'd figure out how to play together and how to excel.

LOL at DeRozan being a back up sg.that made me giggle.his ass don't even believe that ****.smh at the ****ing children on this forum.

we should definitely consider trading players for a high pick in next years draft.....

12th man

Originally Posted by GetRealistic
    Not that it will every happen but if we had two players as talented as Wade and Lebron i have a feeling they'd figure out how to play together and how to excel.
    Iono...unless Lebron takes the Pippen role...Wade is a guy who needs the ball in his hands kinda like Jordan.

Wade/James = Jordan/Pippen, BIG IF.

I like Earl Clark who might possibly be available at our tentative pick position but bottom line...we need a true center or starting PG. I mean I guess you could pick DeRozan or Jennings and hope they pan out. But as a hoya fan...I wouldn't pick Monroe as of right now. He needs to work on strength and defensive IQ. He'll give you the occasional block just off of mere athleticism but he's too complacent at times. I say we trade for a mid-late draft pick and pick a PG like Lawson or Flynn...possibly Curry (even though he's not your true PG).

If we do not get a top pick in the lottery and cannot get our hands on Rubio via trade...

I wonder if we could trade down adding Curry's contract and pick up Nick Cathales. Maybe Cleveland would bite at this?

I am not saying this kid Nick Cathales is the second coming, but he is pretty impressive and could turn into a poor man's Steve Nash.

Check him out.

Default Ricky Had A Triple Double Recently.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]