3 4.84%
  • Tyreke Evans

1 1.61%
  • Blake Griffin

10 16.13%
  • other

18 29.03%
Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: I Know It's Early-But Who Should We Draft?

from knicks blog.

lol.he looks right in that jersey.

i hope walsh pulls off a miracle so seeing that pic wont just be a dream

also, mullens should be our target if we get another pick.he's got a lot of upside. i'd be pretty stoked if our starting 5 looked like this next year.
    holiday-chandler-gallinari-lee-mullens.

Originally Posted by ANU
    also, mullens should be our target if we get another pick.he's got a lot of upside. i'd be pretty stoked if our starting 5 looked like this next year.
    holiday-chandler-gallinari-lee-mullens.
    We need a big man more than anything and Mullens is the only other center after Hasheem Thabeet that is worth picking in the first round.

We should trade down and get Mullens or some other big man. I think Mike D needs a solution at Center, especially if Wilcox doesn't get resigned....Jeffries' minutes will drop so we need a center ASAP.

Superstar

I like that idea too Anu with BJ Mullens.

Maybe this can work out: Draft Stephen Curry/Jrue Holiday at #8. Have Minnesota draft BJ Mullens at #18. Whenever it is legal to do so, sign and trade Nate Robinson for draft rights to Mullens and Brian Cardinal.

Superstar

Default Possibilities

Originally Posted by dave2138

Maybe this can work out: Draft Stephen Curry/Jrue Holiday at #8. Have Minnesota draft BJ Mullens at #18. Whenever it is legal to do so, sign and trade Nate Robinson for draft rights to Mullens and Brian Cardinal.
    Dave2138's point is well taken. It is not likely that we are going to keep both Lee and Nate. But let us not lose one or the other without something in return. With a sign and trade after the draft, we can also take back a one year bad contract, such as Cardinal's, without damage to the 2010 plan. Minnesota has several picks this year and is a good target for a potential deal. Mullens will likely be availabe at 18.

Mullens was a disappointment in his first year in college, but he apparently has some promise. I do not believe, however, that we should give up an 8 pick for him and whatever else we are likely to get simply for moving further out.

definitely.though i think some team might reach for him so it all depends on who he ends up with.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by dave2138

Mullins has bust potential all over him. Didn't show much at Ohio State...drafting an unproven center doesn't have a high success rate.

Jrue Holliday's range is suspect and will hold him back in this system...Curry isn't a better pick than Ty Lawson.

Weak plan.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Mullins has bust potential all over him. Didn't show much at Ohio State...drafting an unproven center doesn't have a high success rate.

Jrue Holliday's range is suspect and will hold him back in this system...Curry isn't a better pick than Ty Lawson.

Weak plan.

as long as mullins learns from greg oden on how not to be a bust im sure he'll do fine lol

12th man

Mullens is athletic...but he doesnt have those skills that scream production (no 'mo).

After Griffin, the big men in this draft are pretty much future bench players.

its funny how things change over time, when u look at the first post by DAT prince, bfore the NCAA season, brandon jennings was projected to be the best pick, and blake griffen was like fifth best. ive been watchin some jennings film when he playin in rome, and was deeply dissapointed, so much talent, but no production. still this guy has MAJOR upside, but so do a lot of players who turn out to be nothing (i.e gerald green). hes the biggest high risk, high reward player in thsi draft in my opinion.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

i hope we could walk away on draft night with Jrue Holiday, or Ty Lawson. and if somehow we make a deal for Mullens i'd be pumped.

but my favorites- outta the realistic picks is Jrue ( great upside) and Lawson.

12th man

Originally Posted by DaTPRiNCE
    i hope we could walk away on draft night with Jrue Holiday, or Ty Lawson. and if somehow we make a deal for Mullens i'd be pumped.

but my favorites- outta the realistic picks is Jrue ( great upside) and Lawson.
    If Jrue shows potential on his range and more skillfull ball handling then I'm sold...scouts were saying he wasn't that fast in draft camp, but still some dudes are faster in game time than camp.

you know what i find particularly funny about certain fans? is how they try and down play a certain player because of some attribute they might be missing.like said player can't or won't improve.if said player had the attribute said fan is complaining about that player lacking, they'd most likely be a top 3 pick.
    if derozan's handle was better, he'd be the next kobe.the guy is 19 years old.he went to usc, maybe he learned a thing or two while he was there from kobe.maybe he's to kobe, what kobe was to jordan(a copycat, and who'd mind a young kobey kopycat on this team? exactly.)
    considering where our pick is sitting at, a derozan or a jrue will be a steal.

i'd also like to say that with all due respect to nash, the guy is the most overrated nba player this decade.all those mvp's.you look at the talent he's had,and you look at his numbers, and you look at the talent on the nyk squad this year, and doodoo's(a fricking back up pg) numbers, it won't be difficult to get a guy like holiday, who is all ready an exceptional defensive player, to do what he's done.obviously, his shooting has to improve.this coaching staff improved trashed trashfries shooting; i doubt that'll be a difficult task.

now i like curry, but this league is becoming a pg's league. in order to be one of the best teams, when so many of the best teams best players are pg's, we need a stopper at the pg.that's holiday.

12th man

Originally Posted by ANU
    you know what i find particularly funny about certain fans? is how they try and down play a certain player because of some attribute they might be missing.like said player can't or won't improve.if said player had the attribute said fan is complaining about that player lacking, they'd most likely be a top 3 pick.
    if derozan's handle was better, he'd be the next kobe.the guy is 19 years old.he went to usc, maybe he learned a thing or two while he was there from kobe.maybe he's to kobe, what kobe was to jordan(a copycat, and who'd mind a young kobey kopycat on this team? exactly.)
    considering where our pick is sitting at, a derozan or a jrue will be a steal.

i'd also like to say that with all due respect to nash, the guy is the most overrated nba player this decade.all those mvp's.you look at the talent he's had,and you look at his numbers, and you look at the talent on the nyk squad this year, and doodoo's(a fricking back up pg) numbers, it won't be difficult to get a guy like holiday, who is all ready an exceptional defensive player, to do what he's done.obviously, his shooting has to improve.this coaching staff improved trashed trashfries shooting; i doubt that'll be a difficult task.

now i like curry, but this league is becoming a pg's league. in order to be one of the best teams, when so many of the best teams best players are pg's, we need a stopper at the pg.that's holiday.
    Nash is overrated, but Holiday isn't?

Wasn't Duhon suppose to be our stupper at PG?

Do you realize D'Antoni's system doesn't allow players to slow the place and put pressure on defense?

Holiday's defensive ability won't be utilized to the fullest, so he'll be a waste pick since his offense is really below average.