3 4.84%
  • Tyreke Evans

1 1.61%
  • Blake Griffin

10 16.13%
  • other

18 29.03%
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 72122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: I Know It's Early-But Who Should We Draft?

you act like I'm saying holiday is THE NEXT GREAT NBA SUPER STAR.nash is overrated.nash won 2 MVPS.lol.2 ****ing mvp's.come on...........

and as i said in another thread, i take back what i said about curry. his shot is muthu****in dinero.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

yea i wouldn't be mad at a curry pick, my only worry is his upside can he develop if he can then he could be a michael redd ( when he's healthy) type of player. if he becomes that then im happy as ever. we already know the dude is clutch another missing link for us.

Originally Posted by DaTPRiNCE
    yea i wouldn't be mad at a curry pick, my only worry is his upside can he develop if he can then he could be a michael redd ( when he's healthy) type of player. if he becomes that then im happy as ever. we already know the dude is clutch another missing link for us.

curry=mike redd? i may be watching the wrong stephon curry lol

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

well not a carbon copy but he could become that mold of player if he has that much upside which is my one major concern with him.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

JJ Redick's jumpshot was money too.

12th man

Originally Posted by ANU
    you act like I'm saying holiday is THE NEXT GREAT NBA SUPER STAR.nash is overrated.nash won 2 MVPS.lol.2 ****ing mvp's.come on...........

and as i said in another thread, i take back what i said about curry. his shot is muthu****in dinero.
    Steve Nash wasn't the most valuable player to his team for 2-4 seasons?

It could be held for debate. Shaq, Kobe, Lebron etc...a lot of those guys deserve MVP.

Nash isn't going to dunk on you, but he did a lot of things in his prime that were elite...despite the system that favored him, Nash made the system work. Phoneix wasn't the same team when Nash was off the floor. Thats why he was the most valuable player at the league at time.

His flats were inflated, no doubt...but his value was amongst the best in the league.

So I just wanted to know how Nash could be overrated, but an unproven overhyped combo guard like JRue Holiday isn't?

If we don't get Lawson, I would lean towards to getting Tyreke Evans who has a more NBA ready game and would be a great two guard next to Gallinari, our SF. Only problem is that he's an awful shooter.

Honestly...I wouldnt mind drafting Earl Clark too...who can actually play the 4 unlike Chandler, pass the ball, block shots and do a whole bag tricks...his game is really diverse.

Chandler to me is a low quality prospect. He sure can dunk the ball pretty good, but other than that his game is limited. We should sell him away to another team to get another pick. Maybe we'll finally get a real 3pt shooter?

Curry is a nice shooter, but he has only played one season as a PG.

To me, thats not enough experience under the position, especially when he dominated the ball most of the time...I don't see how easy is the transition of going from a 25+ ppg scorer to a pass first PG in this system.

We already got Nate to chuck shots, Curry is a better shooter, but I don't whats the difference.

Can someone post me videos of Curry making passes? I just haven't seen him enough.

how can holiday be overrated? he's a prospect who know one has going higher than 4, in what is supposed to be a weak draft.he's 18, 6-4, considered by some the best player of his high school class, and played out of position in college.

you want a video of curry making passes? are you cereal?

though i can't find one with just passes, I've got one with him busting WV ass at the garden.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QZ1h7J36bYs&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QZ1h7J36bYs&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

dude has video game range.......

I don't know man...The more I see of Curry the more I like him. That next to last highlight looked just like Reggie Miller...

Originally Posted by LOIOSH30
    I don't know man...The more I see of Curry the more I like him. That next to last highlight looked just like Reggie Miller...
    curry's overall game is better than reggie's ever was, but if his jumpshot is miller's in the league, we'll have a damn good player.i was against picking him because i assumed he was a smaller reggie clone.but he's not.his game is better.

bob knight praising curry's passing ability.
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-JyTIQq5H-g&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-JyTIQq5H-g&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    Last edited by ANU; Jun 06, 2009 at 10:54.

12th man

^ Those are really just passes off of broken plays and poor transition defense. Whack vid.

We've seen David Lee throw alley-oop plays to players...so I if I post a highlight video of him making passes in the transition(which he's pretty good with outlet passes) and throwing alley passes to Nate/Chandler, that makes him certified as the facilitator of the Knicks offense?

Nah.

- Not a true point guard
    - Out of control at times
    - Shot-selection
    - Stuck between 1 and 2
    - Ability to defend position at next level?
    - Lateral quickness
    - Versatility to defend multiple positions
    - Limited upside?
    - Backup/Fringe Starter?
    - College system makes him difficult to evaluate
    - Average athleticism
    - Average size
    - Average wingspan
    - Frail frame
    - Relies too heavily on outside shot

Best case: Mike Bibby
    Worst case: Boobie Gibson without the defense

If you want elite passing, check out this man-child.

Best Case: Walt Clyde Frazier
    Worst Case: Jason Kidd

lol.metro has to be like 13 years old.mufuka's on some i know you are but what am i ****.......

you're entitled to your opinion metro.it's aight.i aint mad.

12th man

Originally Posted by ANU
    how can holiday be overrated? he's a prospect who know one has going higher than 4, in what is supposed to be a weak draft.he's 18, 6-4, considered by some the best player of his high school class, and played out of position in college.
    You overrated Holiday.
    Holiday hasn't done **** at UCLA to even be in the top 10.
    His stock is purely based on his high school potential.
    Holiday turns 19 in 6 days; just like most NCAA freshmen...but keep holding on to the 18 year old title since its special to you.
    Holiday has played out of position most of his life.

Keep throwing the excuses.
    Theres no its justifiable that you say Nash is overrated, but Holiday isn't...you're putting Holiday ahead of all the PG's in this draft, when he isn't even a top 5 PG.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Rubio
    Evans
    Curry
    Jennings
    Flynn
    Lawson

then Holiday
    Who isn't the pure PG Maynor, Mills, and his teammate(best PG at UCLA) Darren Collinson is.

Holiday is going to be good, but he's not a can't miss prospect with his average season at UCLA.

like i said before, i'd love to have rubio running this team.sure as hell wouldn't gut it of its youth for him.I'm not isiah.

12th man

Isiah gave away cap space and picks for one dimensionally unmotivated talent...

We're giving away average players for a potential superstar and at worst a Rajon Rondo.

As for Holiday, I may be wrong about him since I brought up Rondo.

You don't really need a set jumpshot in the NBA to be sucessful as a PG. Look at Rose and Rondo for example.

if Holiday develops his midrange jumper, he could be a threat; think Gary Payton.

But I don't know enough about Holiday's work ethic is why I remain unknown and critical of him.

Anyone got some inside articles?

Because Knicks are heavily favoring Holiday/Curry/Evans/Flynn.

They're not bad choices, neither of them because all of them will be NBA starters.

I obviously have a bias towards Lawson and Rubio, but thats just me.