I Know It's Early-But Who Should We Draft?

Who Should We Draft?

• Brandon Jennings

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Ricky Rubio

Votes: 22 35.5%
  • Demar DeRozan

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Tyreke Evans

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Blake Griffin

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • other

Votes: 18 29.0%

• Total voters

metrocard

Legend
We don't need Al Aminu, we have enough wing players.

Monroe is good, but Thabeet is a rare and more special talent. Both will be very productive NBA players.

metrocard

Legend
Both of these list are determined by whos expected and mocked at our draft spot(if the draft was today)

My first round wishlist.
Thabeet(its a longshot)
Greivis Vasquez
T. Gibson of USC
Eric Maynor (pure PG)
Nick Calathes
Samardo Samuels

My second round wishlist.
Victor Claver
Danny Green
David Huetras
AD Vassallo
Sergio Llull

Theres not much to offer as last years draft, but we should still keep a eye on the prospects.

Peace.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Thabeet would be an excellent fit into our starting lineup but so will Monroe because of his defense and offense....but either one would make me very happy, and Monroe hasn't given any hints what he's doing with the draft, but if he declares he'll instantly be our draft pick in mock drafts(around 10).

and Al Aminu is real good a special talent but he's a forward and we don't need anymore. I was playing 2k9 and i was looking at our new rosters and we dont have any 2 gaurds at all, so Evans is a very realistic pick for us.....

Both of these list are determined by whos expected and mocked at our draft spot(if the draft was today)

My first round wishlist.
Thabeet(its a longshot)
Greivis Vasquez
T. Gibson of USC
Eric Maynor (pure PG)
Nick Calathes
Samardo Samuels

My second round wishlist.
Victor Claver
Danny Green
David Huetras
AD Vassallo
Sergio Llull

Theres not much to offer as last years draft, but we should still keep a eye on the prospects.

Peace.

No Johny Flynn?

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Jonny Flynn would be perfect for us he could pass and score and he'll be the perfect starting PG for our new look team for 2010(whatever it may be) and he'll run D'Antoni's offense very well

dave2138

Rotation player
would you consider trading the 2009 1st round pick in a deal with Curry and Jefferies if that was the only way to get rid of both without giving up Lee + Robinson? How valuable is that pick to the team anyway over Lee/Robinson? If trading 1 of the 1st round pick/Robinson/Lee is the only way to assure 2 FA signings in 2010 by getting rid of both Curry and Jefferies, I think I would rather give up the pick.

I have to admit I am still new at learning the salary cap/trading rules in basketball..but would the team be better 2010+ with Robinson + Lee + 2 FA signings? As opposed to Robinson + Lee + 1st round pick + 1 FA signing because Curry is still on the team.

Still not sure what is acceptable as a realistic deal in the NBA..have never been a big basketball fan..but like the style of the knicks now.

Like what if Toronto did Jermaine O'Neal + whatever garbage..Will Solomon + Hassaan Adams (22.7 mil) for 1st round pick 2009, Curry + Jefferies + Rose (23.3 mil)..maybe they throw in a 1st round pick in a few years when the knicks are actually good and hopefully won't have a lottery pick for a long time.

2010 would have
Robinson-resigned
Lee-resigned
Chandler
Gallinari
2 FA signing
Add a PG - Duhon probably stays..maybe add Nash whatever

Again the point of this is if it is possible to get rid of Curry + Jefferies without getting rid of Lee/Robinson..If it isn't would you rather give up the pick than Lee/Robinson to go along with Curry Jefferies.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
we shouldn't trade our pick its very valuable because it'll give us youth and potential and a very good player at a position we need ( Center or Shooting Gaurd)

and we dont realy have to give up Lee or Nate with Curry unless we get alot of value and youth in return i mean we already have cap-space to sign 2 superstars in 2010 with Curry still on the team, but once he's healthy D'Antoni gonna play him too hike up his trade value...he's gone by the deadline

dave2138

Rotation player
Right good point, but is it possible to resign Lee and Robinson + 2 FA with Curry still on the team? Just out of curiosity what would the salary cap be in 2010?

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
no because theres something about resigning players and them not counting toward the cap that much i dont know the specifics...somebody who knows that clause please elaborate-and we dont really need 2 superstars in 2010, it would be sweet but not nessecary we will have Nate(definetly) and Lee(most likely) and a developed Chandler and Gallo with the development of our draft picks this year we'll be very good and chances are either Chandler, Gallo, or our 2009 draft pick will be a budding superstar elite player by then plus the re-signing of Harrington so just a Chris Bosh or Amare will do the trick for us and push us into elite status

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
NCAA, RUBIO and JENNINGS UPDATES

so far almost 2 months into the season so far and theres still only one sure fire superstar and thats Blake Griffin, but after him it's a little shaky

Ricky Rubio still isnt 100% after the wrist injury(he'll be a superstar), Thabeet still lacks dominating offense to compliment his defense, Curry has had back-to-back sub-par games, Harden is a bit undersized and not as athletic as he should be, and Jennings is still finding his rhythm in Europe(i still think that move will end up helping him, and will have a very successful career).

This draft does have alot of depth(not like last year) and there will be a couple all-stars but as of know Griffin is the only safe bet all-star, DeRozan should be one, Harden, even Thabeet, Monroe, and Evans...with all the hype they got, but theres still time for them to get it together and play to their hype

ncb_christmas_576.jpg

Dionte Christmas, SG, Temple- He made a name for himself in last years NCAA tournament after a strong performance but has really turned it up this year... He dropped 35 on Tennessee last week and followed up with 21 vs Kansas, he has a sweet and dangerous stroke from the outside, not that good of a drive to the basket but he's willing to do it, with the right coach he'll be fine, and should be a better drive-to-the-basket player

he's on the 1st round bubble as of now, his age,22 is working against him but his consistency throughout his career shows he'll do just fine in the NBA.

20.8 ppg 6.4 reb 2.7 asts 1.4 stl .446 fg% .417 3-point%

James Harden, SG, Arizona State- No one benefits more from lack of bona-fide talent at the top of draft boards then Harden, in a normal year(say last year) he wouldnt be projected top-5 but this year he's easily in the top 5. He's undersized for a 2gaurd and will have problems vs. NBA 2gaurds and he lacks the athletic explosiveness...But his amazing scoring touch and dominate production has made it hard to ignore....he knows how and when to score and gets most of his production within the flow of the game

Harden has NBA size and is looking like a lock for the top 3 and his outside stroke is hard to ignore especially from beyond the arc...scouts still question if he'll be a great NBA player, but in a draft filled with question marks, he's one of the safest picks

23.7 ppg 6.3 rebs 4.2 asts 1.8 stl .577fg% .479 3point %

Jordan Hill, PF, Arizona- this draft is more for guards and SF's, Griffin is the best 4 in the draft and Hill has solidified himself as the second best

Hill entered college very raw and with tons of potential, his strength has improved and that has allowed him to dominate the low post on both sides of the ball. His rebounding has skyrocketed and has been very consistent scoring double-doubles in 8 of his last 11 games his 22-point performance vs Gonzaga solidified him as a top 10 pick if he keeps up his consistent production he could move into the top 5

18.9 ppg 11.8 rebs 2.7 blks .576 fg%

Greg Monroe, C, Georgetown- so far the best freshman player so far this season, he's played with fire and consistency his numbers don't jump off the stat sheet but he controls the game with his defense and picks and the little things....but his defense is game changing, and his offense is good and gets the job done when he's called upon to

12.4 ppg 6 rebs 1.7 stls 2.1 blks .576 fg%

DeMar DeRozan, SG, USC- When it comes to physical ability no one comes close to DeRozan but he hasn't been playing like he should be so far. His game is starting to get better and he's starting to come around. He's been trying to fit in and not dominate the game, but he needs to start being more selfish and thats one knock on him he lacks that killer instinct that the Wades, LeBrons and Kobes have....he'll get it with time and his coach is starting to get him more involved in the offense, so look out for him

12 ppg 4.6 rebs .9 stls .487 fg%

Cole Aldrich, C, Kansas- every year scouts look for a center who is dominate in the low post with the expected first 2 centers taken Thabeet and Mullens are not good offenively and Monroe is good down low...Aldrich is the best low post threat of them all but could he provide anything else to his team....his defense isnt nearly as good and the other 3 afore mentioned players...he could be a top 10 pick barring he plays up to his full potential

13.6 ppg 9.9 rebs 2 blks .591 fg%

Others

Jarvis Varnado, PF, Mississippi State
DeShawn Sims, F, Michigan
Tyshawn Taylor, G, Kansas

Stephen Curry, G, Davidson- your typical old-school player possesses high basketball IQ and fundamentals over pure athletic ability, but the main worry on Curry isnt his athleticism its his lack of speed and explosiveness which may hold him back in the pros, also scouts look that he struggles vs. elite college teams

but on the flip side Curry doesn't have a supporting cast thats slightly presentable, in the pros he'll have that so he wont need to worry about scoring 30+ to get the win he'll focus on the little things like finding the open man and concentrating on D vs his man...cause thats all he'll have to worry about, another plus is his killer instinct down the stretch give him the ball and get out the way good. when its the last 3 mins of a game thats Curry's time he takes over and the quite kid becomes a beast

top 10 lock no questions and will suprise alot of ppl in the NBA

30.0 ppg 3.5 rebs 6.7 asts 2.9 stl .444 fg% .362 3point %

Tyreke Evans, SG, Memphis- another player viewed as a one and done player, his stock has been up-and-down one week he plays up to his potential and the next he plays like 2nd rounder...this week was one of them, 2-for-9 shooting vs Syracuse. Shooting worse than 20 percent from beyond the arc and his shot selection has been reminiscent of Crawful not Joe Johnson(who i compare him 2)....he'll be fine but as of now his stock is fallin and no signs of getting up

15.4 ppg 5.4 rebs 3.6 asts 2.5 stls .410 FG% .194 3point %

Others
Samardo Samuels, PF, Louisville
Nick Calathes, G, Florida
Terrence Williams, G/F, Louisville

Ricky Rubio PG, Spain- Rubio has been out most of the year with a wrist injury, keeping us from checking in on his progress after an impressive performance in the Olympics. Rubio got his most consistent minutes of the season in the Spanish League this week and didn't disappoint. His 10 assists per game average would be impressive in college.

Rubio and Griffin are the only definite superstars but the rest are all question marks.

<table id="ctl02_ctl00_PlayerStats_tblPlayerStats" class="PlayerStatsContainer" style="border-collapse: collapse;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td>2008-2009
STATS
</td> </tr><tr> <td> PPG
</td> </tr><tr> <td> RPG
</td> </tr><tr> <td> APG
</td> </tr><tr> <td> FPG
</td></tr></tbody></table>
BRANDON JENNINGS

starting to come around and increased minutes will increase his production...

in the Euro League

18 mins a game 8.4 ppg 40.0 FG% 2.5 asts 2.1 stls

in the Italian League

17.2 mins 6.0 ppg 32.5 FG% 2.7 asts 1.9 stls

MOCK DRAFT( TOP 10 )next week lottery

2923018393_23d6e73c17.jpg

Blake Griffin, PF, Oklahoma

th_Minnesota_Timberwolves_logo.png

Ricky Rubio, PG, Spain

wizards-logo.jpg

Hasheem Thabeet, C, Uconn

kings-logo.jpg

Jrue Holiday, PG, UCLA

ClippersLogo-thumb.jpg

James Harden, SG, Arizona State
golden_state_warriors_logo.jpg

Stephen Curry, SG, Davidson
grizzlies_logo.gif

Jordan Hill, PF, Arizona
Indiana-Pacers-logo.jpg

Greg Monroe, C, Georgetown
Bobcats_logo_-_color.gif

B.J Mullens, C, Ohio State
logo_knicks_sm.jpg

DeMar DeRozan, SG, USC

next week the entire lottery mock draft

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
in espn draft game, in some scenarios Brandon Jennings is already falling to us at 10-11

i wish he went to college, so we could see him play some games. from how he's playing, im really a bit scared if we spent a mid lottery pick on him. he looks risky.
besides, if i remember well, he didnt go to college because he couldnt qualify to the good ones? that makes me scared, i mean, playing PG requires quite a bit of intelligence. if a guy isnt even smart enough for college, can he really learn the schemes and lead an NBA team

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i could see your concern but he'll be fine and one hell of a steal for us

DeMar DeRozan will be a great pick as well but this mock is mine that's how i see it playing out but Jennings would be a steal for us DeRozan as well he's a superstar talent his shot needs work but most rookies do he just needs to be more of a ball hog

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
rubio most likely wont fall to us at 10 if he does great if not theres tons of value where we could come away with a steal and a franchise player

Greg Monroe-much needed center, will give us a much needed boost in the low post on offense and defense, will make a difference for us almost immediately
Brandon Jennings-very skilled pg and could get to the basket at will, will be in the same sentence with Williams, Paul, Harris etc someday
Tyreke Evans- Sg that has a silky smooth shot but needs to have better shot selection, he does everything on the court and then some needs to be more patient and smarter with his shots
DeMar DeRozan- the player with the most upside in this draft reminiscent of Kobe and Carter mix has great athletic explosiveness and could create for himself, needs to be more selfish and have the same killer instinct at the end of games like Curry does...

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
i just want a smart no-bulshit player from this draft, who could be consistent in our 2010 lineup. not necessarily someone with a star upside. a solid reliable starter to put alongside lebron would make me happy

there's so many question marks in this draft however, so many high risk high upside guys, it may be tough to get a good smart starter where we draft.

tbh, im not completely in love with any of the guys in 5-15 range. maybe that will change till draft, but right now, only Griffin, Rubio and Curry look like certain NBA starters to me, and we probably wont get them
there just seems to be a lot of Gerald Greens, Patrick O'Bryants and Joakim Noahs this year

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
safest bet is Monroe...he'll be a force on defense on matter what

but we need a star man we need some risk, we cant wait for LeBron cause it might not happen we need a star player, Jennings DeRozan will be that for us Monroe will be a Howard player for us but he might not fall to us.....

Monroe looked pretty good in Georgetowns win against Thabeet and UConn. He seems to have a pretty nice touch on his shot for a 7 footer. Didn't get to see him play any Defense though (foul trouble). I'd like to see some more of this kid and I say kid because he's only a freshman!

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
Yea, Monroe is rising up right now, and probably will look really good by March. i dont think he'll be below top 5 in draft though

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Monroe is getting better by the game and by the end of the NCAA Tournament he will get alot of attention from scouts...but same was for Lopez he was gonna go 3,4,or 5 and he stayed till 10 same could happen here....theres still hope but the frontrunner's for our 10 pick is looking like either Jennings or DeRozan which would make me happy