View Poll Results: Who Should We Draft?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brandon Jennings

    8 12.90%
  • Ricky Rubio

    22 35.48%
  • Demar DeRozan

    3 4.84%
  • Tyreke Evans

    1 1.61%
  • Blake Griffin

    10 16.13%
  • other

    18 29.03%
Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 418

Thread: I Know It's Early-But Who Should We Draft?

  1. #121
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I doubt we'd get a top 3 pick this season, and Rubio looks like a lock for #1 or #2 in the next year's draft

  2. #122
    The Knicks are Back DaTPRiNCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood
    Posts
    3,862
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Jennings said in an interview after he faced Rubio, that rubio will most likely wait till the 2010 draft and enter then....we gonna get Jennings thats how i see things playing out, either him or DeRozan.....

  3. #123

    Default

    [quote=rollingstone;78188]If someone can read Spanish well, look at this. my spanish is pretty basic, from what i understand, some sources close to Rubio say he's not entering draft this year

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    pretty much says it's not 100% that he will enter..

  4. #124
    The Knicks are Back DaTPRiNCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood
    Posts
    3,862
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Rubios probably gonna wait till the last possible minute to decide-i think he declares his stock will be sky high and his injury will be healed 100% by march and he will come out strong after and present a good debate to Griffin for the no.1 pick in the draft

  5. #125
    Quiet Storm New New York's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Originally Posted by DaTPRiNCE
    Rubios probably gonna wait till the last possible minute to decide-i think he declares his stock will be sky high and his injury will be healed 100% by march and he will come out strong after and present a good debate to Griffin for the no.1 pick in the draft
    Rubio is waiting to see how The Knicks finish before deciding, see if it looks like The Knicks are going to be a top 3 team in the lottery he's coming to The NBA. Right now he's scared he's going to end up in OK where the latin population is like .002%. Naw I hope he's just hoping to develope his skills so he is ready when he does make the transition.

    By the way what do yall know about BJ Mullens. As of right now he has that hit or miss label, meaning he could be a steal (David Lee,Brooke Lopez) or a bust (Eric Montross,Chris Mihm). I like big men with potential, (that's why I love The Clippers snagging DeAndre Jordan in the second round), but, if this kid is fragile NYC may not be for him. But his upside seems nice, potentially a bigger version of David Lee who can block shots and knock down J's.

    Another player that intrigues me is Brandon Jennings simply because the kid is playing Pro Ball now in The Euroleague.

    Anyways college scouting is not my thing so give some feedback Knick brethren.

  6. #126
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by New New York
    Rubio is waiting to see how The Knicks finish before deciding, see if it looks like The Knicks are going to be a top 3 team in the lottery he's coming to The NBA. Right now he's scared he's going to end up in OK where the latin population is like .002%. Naw I hope he's just hoping to develope his skills so he is ready when he does make the transition.

    By the way what do yall know about BJ Mullens. As of right now he has that hit or miss label, meaning he could be a steal (David Lee,Brooke Lopez) or a bust (Eric Montross,Chris Mihm). I like big men with potential, (that's why I love The Clippers snagging DeAndre Jordan in the second round), but, if this kid is fragile NYC may not be for him. But his upside seems nice, potentially a bigger version of David Lee who can block shots and knock down J's.

    Another player that intrigues me is Brandon Jennings simply because the kid is playing Pro Ball now in The Euroleague.

    Anyways college scouting is not my thing so give some feedback Knick brethren.
    Rubio skills are more developed than 70% of the NBA right now.
    Rubio is a white EURO...I don't know what you mean by "latins" or why Rubio would care. There aren't much Spaniards in the States, only Caribbean Spanish speakers along with those from Mex & Central/Pan America.

    Brandon Jennings needs to improve his range. He's shooting like 20% from 3pt in Europe, where the line is shorter. He also has a lot of weakness in decision making and shot selections...He needs to stop playing like Crawford and be more like Kenny Anderson. I wouldn't gamble on him yet till he matures and develops in the right direction. He went to Europe thinking could improve his stock by chucking and showcasing his flash. Scouts know he's a world class talent, what scouts want to see is his FUNDAMENTALS, and DECISION MAKING as a PG, along with PERIMETER range. Once he gets those skills to a B level, he could be considered a lock for the top 5. Right now, he's a complete gamble.


    Defensively, Jennings struggled. Ricky Rubio blew by him on a couple of occasions even though everyone in the building knew he could only drive left, and he even fell down on one possession trying to stay in front of his man. The pick and roll gave him all sorts of trouble, and he again made very little effort to try and crash the glass or get his team extra possessions.

    This is good evidence that Rubio is as fast as Jennings, and Jennings isn't much a defender, where as Rubio is a world class defender in the world of basketball ALREADY.

    Rubio is a natural born leader.
    We need to put all our eggs in the basket for him.

  7. #127
    The Knicks are Back DaTPRiNCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood
    Posts
    3,862
    Rep Power
    12

    Lightbulb mini update

    first off i agree with metro, i do think Jennings will be a great basketball player, but Rubio is the betterof the two at this point, Rubio will come in and produce reminiscent of Chris Paul where Jennings will need some time to develop and be like Deron Williams where you'll need to wait a year or so for him to really impact your team


    [There were nearly 30 NBA executives and scouts at the Connecticut-Georgetown game on Monday night, and as one respected scout said, “Thirty men absolutely fell in love with Greg Monroe.”]

    [“He plays like an old pro, the way he sees the floor, takes good shots, throws the back-door passes," said the scout. "He’s even got a hook shot. [Hasheem] Thabeet didn’t [block] his shot once.”]



    Monroe's stock is rising and chances are he'll be gone by the time we pick, if he continues to improve himself throughout the course of the season.

  8. #128
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Yeah, Monroe is a beast, he's a skillful passing big man. He has a perimeter game(Like Bosh). Monroe is a beefy ass Chris Bosh with shot blocking. His only weakness is rebounding, but that can improve with time.

    Monroe is looking great so far.

  9. #129

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Rubio skills are more developed than 70% of the NBA right now.
    Rubio is a white EURO...I don't know what you mean by "latins" or why Rubio would care. There aren't much Spaniards in the States, only Caribbean Spanish speakers along with those from Mex & Central/Pan America.

    Brandon Jennings needs to improve his range. He's shooting like 20% from 3pt in Europe, where the line is shorter. He also has a lot of weakness in decision making and shot selections...He needs to stop playing like Crawford and be more like Kenny Anderson. I wouldn't gamble on him yet till he matures and develops in the right direction. He went to Europe thinking could improve his stock by chucking and showcasing his flash. Scouts know he's a world class talent, what scouts want to see is his FUNDAMENTALS, and DECISION MAKING as a PG, along with PERIMETER range. Once he gets those skills to a B level, he could be considered a lock for the top 5. Right now, he's a complete gamble.


    Defensively, Jennings struggled. Ricky Rubio blew by him on a couple of occasions even though everyone in the building knew he could only drive left, and he even fell down on one possession trying to stay in front of his man. The pick and roll gave him all sorts of trouble, and he again made very little effort to try and crash the glass or get his team extra possessions.

    This is good evidence that Rubio is as fast as Jennings, and Jennings isn't much a defender, where as Rubio is a world class defender in the world of basketball ALREADY.

    Rubio is a natural born leader.
    We need to put all our eggs in the basket for him.
    i do think he may be curious to see where the knicks land, but not necessarily for the reasons new new york meant.i think d'antoni's game might be what intrigues him.also, there's no city like new york city imo for foreigners to start Out.

    i wish i could have seen that rubio v.jennings game.

  10. #130
    The Knicks are Back DaTPRiNCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood
    Posts
    3,862
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    exactly metro and Monroe fills a major need for us at center...and as any NBA fan knows good centers are hard to come by in the NBA

  11. #131
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    599
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    A lot of you guys must be rooting for the Knicks to lose every game it seems like..Most of the players talked about are projected top 5-10 picks..I think they still have a realistic shot at the 7th or 8th seed in which case we would be talking about the #15-16 pick.

    I don't know what everyone else thinks, but Id rather watch some knick playoff games if the cost was only to move down 1-5 spots in the draft.

  12. #132
    The Knicks are Back DaTPRiNCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood
    Posts
    3,862
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    i dont expect us to get the 1 overall pick or even top 5 but; we will be in the top 10 and like the Bulls showed last year anything can happen; i say we take Monroe or DeRozan

  13. #133
    Veteran JayJ44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    1,700
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by dave2138
    A lot of you guys must be rooting for the Knicks to lose every game it seems like..Most of the players talked about are projected top 5-10 picks..I think they still have a realistic shot at the 7th or 8th seed in which case we would be talking about the #15-16 pick.

    I don't know what everyone else thinks, but Id rather watch some knick playoff games if the cost was only to move down 1-5 spots in the draft.
    I'd rather get a talented player that can help our future, than make the playoffs and most likely get swept in the first round. We don't have a first round pick next year, and if we want to attract free agents we're gonna need talented, young players. Making the playoffs isn't a smart thing to do in terms of our future.

  14. #134
    The Knicks are Back DaTPRiNCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood
    Posts
    3,862
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by JayJ44
    I'd rather get a talented player that can help our future, than make the playoffs and most likely get swept in the first round. We don't have a first round pick next year, and if we want to attract free agents we're gonna need talented, young players. Making the playoffs isn't a smart thing to do in terms of our future.
    exactly a young developing core of DeRozan/Monroe, Chandler, Nate, and hopefully Lee with the re-signing of Harrington then we'll be straight

  15. #135
    Quiet Storm New New York's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Rubio skills are more developed than 70% of the NBA right now.
    Rubio is a white EURO...I don't know what you mean by "latins" or why Rubio would care. There aren't much Spaniards in the States, only Caribbean Spanish speakers along with those from Mex & Central/Pan America.

    Brandon Jennings needs to improve his range. He's shooting like 20% from 3pt in Europe, where the line is shorter. He also has a lot of weakness in decision making and shot selections...He needs to stop playing like Crawford and be more like Kenny Anderson. I wouldn't gamble on him yet till he matures and develops in the right direction. He went to Europe thinking could improve his stock by chucking and showcasing his flash. Scouts know he's a world class talent, what scouts want to see is his FUNDAMENTALS, and DECISION MAKING as a PG, along with PERIMETER range. Once he gets those skills to a B level, he could be considered a lock for the top 5. Right now, he's a complete gamble.


    Defensively, Jennings struggled. Ricky Rubio blew by him on a couple of occasions even though everyone in the building knew he could only drive left, and he even fell down on one possession trying to stay in front of his man. The pick and roll gave him all sorts of trouble, and he again made very little effort to try and crash the glass or get his team extra possessions.

    This is good evidence that Rubio is as fast as Jennings, and Jennings isn't much a defender, where as Rubio is a world class defender in the world of basketball ALREADY.

    Rubio is a natural born leader.
    We need to put all our eggs in the basket for him.
    Just playing about Rubio not wanting to go to OK, I was actually making fun of how Yi didnt want to go to Mil. because of how few Asians there were, and how Danillo wanted to play where there was a high Italian contigent. No disrespect to no one.

    Sounds like Ricky is the truth. His defense isnt talked about much, but if you're saying the cat is a world class defender then it really solidifies him as the best prospect in the Draft. I mean I've heard all The Nash comparisons and we all know that Nash's D is weak to say the least, so if he is a Nash who can D then like you said we should persue him at all cost.

    Not to mention isnt he like 6'7? Does he post up at all? Not that he would need to for Dantoni

Similar Threads

  1. Donnie Walsh draft record
    By Kiyaman in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Jun 24, 2008, 04:06
  2. Replies: 22
    Last Post: May 27, 2008, 19:29
  3. Knicks Draft: Media Feedback
    By Die Dolan Die in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jul 01, 2006, 06:04
  4. Official Draft Thread
    By NYKnicks15 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: Jun 30, 2006, 01:22

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •