View Poll Results: Where should Marbury go: Miami, Dallas or Boston?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dallas

4 26.67%
  • Miami

4 26.67%
  • Boston

7 46.67%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gonebury: Marbury has had his exit mapped out for him, by Walsh.

Default Gonebury: Marbury has had his exit mapped out for him, by Walsh.

Check out this site, it says Marbury has been given permission to look for offers from other teams. After he finds a team, he will be released with the money owed him, minus whatever he can get from another team.

There's another article I read, where it says Marbury yelled about being owed the 21.9 million, when, after he approached D'Antoni for help with the situation, D'Antoni recommended he look for offers from other teams and ask Walsh for a buyout, less the offer he was able to obtain.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

where is the option for Marbury to sign up for knicksonline when he leave? I think thats his future.. I could see it

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Marbury should consider Orlando, they need a PG badly.

Marbury
    Pietrusd
    Turkeglu
    Lewis
    Howard

= Finals.

Veteran

i don't like 'towel-head', never did.... but he is OWED 21.9, and i agree with him 100% .

mangement of the knicks are probably still paying off layden, wilkins, def. IT, the junkyard dog, the sexual-harassment lady, larry brown... the list goes on and on, and they are bitching about paying towel-head 1.26m... (the vet minimum)

the team is winning , and good for them, but the upper mangement is a joke...

where is Italy in your poll?

He's not going to get the full 21.9 million from the KNICKS.

He's going to solicit offers around the league and will get the approximate difference between any offer and the 21.9 from the Knicks to make it an equal deal. If he had an agent or decent representation, this could have been worked out months ago, he could already be on another team playing ball etc... because that's the way it's supposed to go down.

He's entitled to what he's owed in total, but not just from the Knicks.

On the flip side, since the Knicks are a luxory tax team, whatever someone else pays Marbury, the Knicks will save twice that amount making it a great deal for them since they weren't going to play him anyway.

This should have been done months ago. It would have with just about any other player becauase everyone on earth knew it was going to happen except Marbury and his fans. It was obvious he wasn't in the long term plans the day they signed Duhon and it never mattered which player was better or who the Knicks would win more games with. It was about moving the team and organization in a new direction and changing the personality and chemistry in the locker room.

To his credit, Marbs showed up in shape, did what he was told, kept quiet etc... and that probably increased his chances on winding up on a decent team instead of in permanent NBA exile on some hellish team.
    Last edited by knicklover; Nov 15, 2008 at 08:56.

they should have traded him
    actually they shouldve played him!!

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Marbury should consider Orlando, they need a PG badly.

Marbury
    Pietrusd
    Turkeglu
    Lewis
    Howard

= Finals.
    but remember they got rid of Steve Francis because they wanted a pass first type PG, no doubt I think Steph would do whatever is asked of him so he would try to be a facilitator but I dont think it would work. Plus I always thought that Orlando was high on Nelson?

Veteran

Originally Posted by knicklover
    He's not going to get the full 21.9 million from the KNICKS.

He's going to solicit offers around the league and will get the approximate difference between any offer and the 21.9 from the Knicks to make it an equal deal. If he had an agent or decent representation, this could have been worked out months ago, he could already be on another team playing ball etc... because that's the way it's supposed to go down.

He's entitled to what he's owed in total, but not just from the Knicks.

On the flip side, since the Knicks are a luxory tax team, whatever someone else pays Marbury, the Knicks will save twice that amount making it a great deal for them since they weren't going to play him anyway.

This should have been done months ago. It would have with just about any other player becauase everyone on earth knew it was going to happen except Marbury and his fans. It was obvious he wasn't in the long term plans the day they signed Duhon and it never mattered which player was better or who the Knicks would win more games with. It was about moving the team and organization in a new direction and changing the personality and chemistry in the locker room.

To his credit, Marbs showed up in shape, did what he was told, kept quiet etc... and that probably increased his chances on winding up on a decent team instead of in permanent NBA exile on some hellish team.

Very good points.
    Marbury knew he was'nt going to play for this KnickTeam the day the Knicks hired Dantoni.
    Marbury and Dantoni gave Donnie Walsh all offseason to trade Marbury.
    Donnie Walsh all offseason kept indirectly mentioning things that indicated that Marbury would be bought-out at the start of the season.
    Owner Dolan and Mills only noticed the increase of the Knicks Luxury-Tax $17M this offseason inwhich they have to report and support to the Stock Holders.....after 7 months of President Donnie Walsh actions on the job.
    So a Buy-Out of $22M was out of the question.
    Now the NBA Player Association got into the act....maybe Marbury did that or maybe not? who's to say...

Veteran

Originally Posted by New New York
    but remember they got rid of Steve Francis because they wanted a pass first type PG, no doubt I think Steph would do whatever is asked of him so he would try to be a facilitator but I dont think it would work. Plus I always thought that Orlando was high on Nelson?
    Steph would be the impact player Orlando needs to guide their bench-players if Orlando plans are to play at the next level this season.
    Steph would be a big upgrade from Nelson who been having problems guiding both starters and bench players.

Steph is best as a combo-guard leading the point (Like Arenas and Baron Davis).
    Francis never had those qualities in his talent.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by New New York
    Nelson is one of the worst starting PG's in the NBA, I honestly rather have Duhon, thats saying a lot.

Well, I didn't add Italy because sources have stated the deal involves him finding a contract with an NBA team (these are the ones interested in him, after which the Knicks will pay him the difference left on his contract.

Originally Posted by OGKnickfan
    Well, I didn't add Italy because sources have stated the deal involves him finding a contract with an NBA team (these are the ones interested in him, after which the Knicks will pay him the difference left on his contract.

Sources have also said that the Knicks would like him to find a home in the Western Con. = No Orlando, Boston or Miami
    Last edited by OriginalKnickGrandson; Nov 15, 2008 at 15:06.

KnicksonLIN.com

I want Stephon Marbury to go to the Boston Celtics. The Celtics would literally have an All Star lineup, and they would win a championship.

PG- Stephon Marbury(2x All Star)
    SG- Ray Allen(8x All Star)
    SF- Paul Pierce(6x All Star)
    PF- Kevin Garnett(10x All Star)
    C- Kendrick Perkins

Originally Posted by OriginalKnickGrandson
    Sources have also said that the Knicks would like him to find a home in the Western Con. = No Orlando, Boston or Miami
    I heard the same thing, i doubt we are going to trade marbury to an eastern conference team just to seem him go buck wild on us 4 times a year... I have also heard of San Antonio being a possibilty, they really dont got much of a backup for Parker, plus Parker n Ginobli are out all the way till December.. so that might be a pretty likely chance...