Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: D'Antoni Benched Marbury because...

Originally Posted by abcd
    D'Antoni is a selfish piece of s#!t. He doesn't like Marbury, so he'd rather cost the Knicks an entire season than to put his differences aside and try to win as many games as possible.
    Your opinion. We don't know the situation, we cannot have any clue whats really going on. Plus its only 3 game in, **** could change a lot and probably will before game 10!

Who cares. With or without tattoo head, this team was not making the playoffs. I read some of the teammates were promised by management that he wouldn't be here. I think a lot more went on last year than we know about.

Think of all of the coaches that Mebury has either gotten fired or feuded with. I think it's been all of them. Now a coach is sticking it to him. Payback's a bitch...aint it.

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    I am a bitch...aint I?
    Yes, i would say so

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    I masturbate to pictures of Marbury.
    You're gross dude.

Ive been a marbury fan my whole life, and i accept if you wanna insult me for being a starbarian or whatever the hell you cats call it, but in reality i feel like there is more going on behind the scenes, the knicks remind me of politicians, cause they will look you in the face and tell you what u wanna hear but we just know theres so much going on in the background.....i just want to see him play in some form even for another team, they talk about developing gallo, i dont know the developmental league rules, why dont we send him down there for some PT experience, and pick spurts in the nba games where we can go small at times against certain opponents and get marbury 20 minutes, i watched all preseason him and duhon worked well together. Not only could we use him for the offense, he seems to be one of our top 2 defenders, despite his size, he does really well against ray allen like players, and has good balance and posistion to defend their post up games aka lebron and wades and mello's of the world. i know this sounds like a tribute, but i dont care, im sorry i watched preseason hes in great shape, his attitude is better for what we fans can see, and i just thing were wasting an assest. maybe its just me i like him wearing #3 rather than a nice suit.

Originally Posted by stephonmarbury8
    Ive been a marbury fan my whole life, and i accept if you wanna insult me for being a starbarian or whatever the hell you cats call it, but in reality i feel like there is more going on behind the scenes, the knicks remind me of politicians, cause they will look you in the face and tell you what u wanna hear but we just know theres so much going on in the background.....i just want to see him play in some form even for another team, they talk about developing gallo, i dont know the developmental league rules, why dont we send him down there for some PT experience, and pick spurts in the nba games where we can go small at times against certain opponents and get marbury 20 minutes, i watched all preseason him and duhon worked well together. Not only could we use him for the offense, he seems to be one of our top 2 defenders, despite his size, he does really well against ray allen like players, and has good balance and posistion to defend their post up games aka lebron and wades and mello's of the world. i know this sounds like a tribute, but i dont care, im sorry i watched preseason hes in great shape, his attitude is better for what we fans can see, and i just thing were wasting an assest. maybe its just me i like him wearing #3 rather than a nice suit.
    Great post my fellow starburian. Starbury made duhorn a better player in preseason, he almost made eddy curry an all star 2 years ago. And hes capable of doing a much better job defending shooting guards then crawford is.

ill take my chances with marbury guarding anybody under 6-8.

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Think of all of the coaches that Mebury has either gotten fired or feuded with. I think it's been all of them. Now a coach is sticking it to him. Payback's a bitch...aint it.
    True that. As far as I am concerned he could clean out MSG toilets for his 21 million $ in order to be of some use.

yeah clean toilets. thats good stuff, they couldnt use his 20-8, lets get him on msg matienence.

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    ...he almost made eddy curry an all star 2 years ago.
    How did Mebury almost make Curry into an all-star? By those telegraphed passes into the post? He could barely make a decent pass into the post without it being stolen. Isiah's system of force feeding Curry the ball gave Curry the 19ppg and 7rbs per game, not Mebury. He had a great year that year, and I became a Mebury fan because of it, but it's posts like that that make Mebury lovers lose all credibility. You guys believe he deserves 100% of the credit for everything good and 0% of the blame for anything bad.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

D'Antoni benched Marbury because he's a ****in idiot!...he still thinks that he'll trade Marbury like he did in Pheonix and another Steve Nash will break out like Nash did, only to realize that Duhorn/ Collins is nowhere near Nash as a point gaurd basketball player. D'Antoni pissed me off with this benching its pointless and is ****ing retarded. Hope he gets chased home by a bunch of knick fans chanting WE WANT MARBURY!

Having Marbs inactive makes no sense at all! He's not hurt or out of shape and has caused no problems since new management arrived. D'Antoni won't even play him limited minutes. At least bring him into games when Collins and Duhon are not contributing anything. This move doesn't appear to be what's best for the organization right now because the more they lose and get blown out, the more stupid his benching will look.

I have a strong feeling that management has decided to go for a top 5 draft pick this year as part of the rebuilding and then try to scoop up Lebron in 2010. They don't care about wins at this point.

I don't get this either as I've stated before in other threads. I understand benching Curry, he didn't show up for preseason in shape and hasn't practiced well. Marbury on the other hand did show up in shape and willing to do what the coaching staff asked of him from what I understand.

If you're standing out in practice, putting in the hard work, improving, or being consistent, you should be playing in games... it's as simple as that!

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

Originally Posted by WiL8000
    I don't get this either as I've stated before in other threads. I understand benching Curry, he didn't show up for preseason in shape and hasn't practiced well. Marbury on the other hand did show up in shape and willing to do what the coaching staff asked of him from what I understand.

If you're standing out in practice, putting in the hard work, improving, or being consistent, you should be playing in games... it's as simple as that!
    thats what we would think thats definetly the definition of someone who should be coming off the bench let alone start!, D'Antoni is still having wet dreams about Nash i hope he wakes up smells the ****in coffee that he doesn't have Nash and play our best player already