Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 86

Thread: D'Antoni Benched Marbury because...

  1. #46
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Q Rich hit 2 3 pointers per game at 37.6%. So it wasn't just Mebury. I could have made Curry an All-Star that year. Mebury's passes into the post were average at best. And I specifically remember Isiah jumping off the bench and congratulating Mebury for actually completing a decent pass in the post. Sorry, but I didn't make it up. You're the one making sh*t up here. If you want to fantasize about having sex with Mebury, be my guest, whatever floats your boat, but to give Mebury all the credit for almost making Curry an All-Star is just ridiculous. Isiah's system of force feeding him the ball gave Curry almost All-Star numbers. And my previous statements were not contradictory. I give both players credit. You want to give Mebury ALL of the credit. Which is wrong.
    I agree that Starbury doesnt deserve all the credit, but he deserves some. You were giving him none at first. Q-rich did help spread the floor that year, in the 49 games that he played. But marbury made several nice passes into the post...and he made some bad ones, typical of any player.

    Theres 4 things that contributed to Curry almost being an all star

    Isiahs system of forcing the ball to him
    Richardsons perimeter shooting
    Crawfords passing
    marburys offense/passing

    The most significant of the 4 factors is isiahs system. Can we agree on this?

  2. #47
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I just find it funny how whenever anyone disagrees with something they get labeled as a hater of some****...Just because some ppl on here are too childish to understand that their opinion is just that, an opinion. Everyone is entitles to their own.

    So **** off MSG, you maggot.

  3. #48
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    Theres 4 things that contributed to Curry almost being an all star

    Isiahs system of forcing the ball to him
    Richardsons perimeter shooting
    Crawfords passing
    marburys offense/passing

    The most significant of the 4 factors is isiahs system. Can we agree on this?
    Yes. I can agree to that. I would also have to give Curry some credit too. He did score the 19pts and 7rebs a game. He has talent. It's ashame he's so lazy. The world was given to him and he pissed it away. Well....more like he ate it away.

  4. #49
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    lol @ Mardy Collins, I mean tuneraddict. You need to look up the word opinion in a dictionary. Having an opinion and saying complete bulls#!t are two different things. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, not their own facts. It's sad how you try to attack all of the elites. TRY being the keyword.

  5. #50
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    lol @ Mardy Collins, I mean tuneraddict. You need to look up the word opinion in a dictionary. Having an opinion and saying complete bulls#!t are two different things. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, not their own facts. It's sad how you try to attack all of the elites. TRY being the keyword.

    Maybe you should use the dictionary.

    Saying Marbury is better than someone is an opinon. Quoting ppg and comparing them is support to you opinion, but does not make it so.

    Some is entitled to think that a guy that average 3ppg, 2apg is better than marbury at 20 and 8. It is not fact that marbury is better, it is opinion. You see, there is this thing called reasoning that allows people to make decisions and judements. Thus that person that thinks guy 1 making 3ppg is better because of let say, his defense and his passing ability. Maybe the fact that he isn't the scorer in his system or that he is alienated offensively by the other players. Whatever he wants to say. Its all his opinon and his view. That is opinon. You have NEVER proved ****. Only thing you've ever proved were stats of ppl during a season. You cannot prove someone is a better player, so when you attack someone for their opinon and present your 'facts', you're wrong.

    You sure talk about you statistical evidence proving your agrument, but I haven't seen it...

    But then again, thats what you 'Starburians" are...A lot of talk

  6. #51
    Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    1,689
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    I just find it funny how whenever anyone disagrees with something they get labeled as a hater of some****...Just because some ppl on here are too childish to understand that their opinion is just that, an opinion. Everyone is entitles to their own.

    So **** off MSG, you maggot.
    Opinions are like *******s. Everybody has one.

    Who is this Marbury you speak of? I haven't seen him play. Is he new?

  7. #52
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    I just find it funny how whenever anyone disagrees with something they get labeled as a hater of some****...Just because some ppl on here are too childish to understand that their opinion is just that, an opinion. Everyone is entitles to their own.

    So **** off MSG, you maggot.


    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Yes. I can agree to that. I would also have to give Curry some credit too. He did score the 19pts and 7rebs a game. He has talent. It's ashame he's so lazy. The world was given to him and he pissed it away. Well....more like he ate it away.
    I agree, Curry did/does have some talent. He did lead the league in points in the paint and every chance opposing teams got they doubled him. If only Curry had more heart...

    Originally Posted by donchris
    Opinions are like *******s. Everybody has one.

    Who is this Marbury you speak of? I haven't seen him play. Is he new?
    Opinions are like *******s. But some *******s are hairy, poop stained, and smelly. Other *******s are cleaner.

    In other words, some opinions are so bad that you cant respect them. Other opinions are well thought out and proven by stats. They dont even have to necessarily be proven by stats, dependin on what the argument is about. Haterburys make things up while Team Starbury comes with nothin but facts.

  8. #53
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33




    I agree, Curry did/does have some talent. He did lead the league in points in the paint and every chance opposing teams got they doubled him. If only Curry had more heart...



    Opinions are like *******s. But some *******s are hairy, poop stained, and smelly. Other *******s are cleaner.

    In other words, some opinions are so bad that you cant respect them. Other opinions are well thought out and proven by stats. They dont even have to necessarily be proven by stats, dependin on what the argument is about. Haterburys make things up while Team Starbury comes with nothin but facts.
    You don't understand what the term fact means apparently...I've seen very little hard evidence ever from you guys....

  9. #54
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    You don't understand what the term fact means apparently...I've seen very little hard evidence ever from you guys....
    That's because you're a newbie. We provide facts to back up most of our posts. Don't worry, Tuneraddict. In time, you'll become a half decent poster. Just keep practicing. lol

  10. #55
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Yea tuner maggot...for now take notes. You got me...metro...and abcd, if you carefully read our posts maybe someday there can be 4 elite posters on this site. Until then go back to school, take an english course, and learn how to write maggot

  11. #56
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33




    I agree, Curry did/does have some talent. He did lead the league in points in the paint and every chance opposing teams got they doubled him. If only Curry had more heart...



    Opinions are like *******s. But some *******s are hairy, poop stained, and smelly. Other *******s are cleaner.

    In other words, some opinions are so bad that you cant respect them. Other opinions are well thought out and proven by stats. They dont even have to necessarily be proven by stats, dependin on what the argument is about. Haterburys make things up while Team Starbury comes with nothin but facts.
    Co-sign

  12. #57
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    county of the kings
    Posts
    1,120
    Rep Power
    9

    Nyk Logo

    Originally Posted by abcd
    Co-sign
    curry just needs to get in shape and stop being lazy. if he lost like 25-30 pounds and combined a pump fake move with his curent post moves hed be a beast. i dont quite get curry. he has a chance to opt out of his contract at the end of this season ( which we all hopes he does) and could of gotten a new long term contract if he just was in shape from another team.

    no disrepect abcd, but if ur gonna post duhons stats, u should include his steals, apg, rbounds, 3ptsfg and turnovrs.

    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=742 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=2></TD><TD class=gSGSectionTitleStatsGrid width=738>SEASON AVERAGES

    </TD><TD width=2></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class="playerStatTable careerAvg" borderColor=#cccccc cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=1><!-- begin preseason if --><TBODY><TR class=title><TD class=year>Season</TD><TD class=team>Team</TD><TD>G</TD><TD>GS</TD><TD>MPG</TD><TD>FG&#37;</TD><TD>3p%</TD><TD>FT%</TD><TD>OFF</TD><TD>DEF</TD><TD>RPG</TD><TD>APG</TD><TD>SPG</TD><TD>BPG</TD><TD>TO</TD><TD>PF</TD><TD>PPG</TD></TR><TR class=odd><TD class=yr>08-09</TD><TD class=tm>NYK</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>36.6</TD><TD>0.379</TD><TD>0.412</TD><TD>0.667</TD><TD>1.0</TD><TD>3.4</TD><TD>4.4</TD><TD>6.2</TD><TD>1.0</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>1.20</TD><TD>2.00</TD><TD>6.6</TD></TR><TR class=career><TD class=col_1>Career</TD><TD class=col_2></TD><TD>305</TD><TD>164</TD><TD>25.9</TD><TD>0.387</TD><TD>0.357</TD><TD>0.783</TD><TD>0.3</TD><TD>2.1</TD><TD>2.4</TD><TD>4.5</TD><TD>0.9</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>1.37</TD><TD>2.00</TD><TD>6.9</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!--end career stats--><!--last 3 games-->
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=742 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=2></TD><TD class=gSGSectionTitleStatsGrid width=738>

    </TD><TD width=2></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

  13. #58
    The Knicks are Back DaTPRiNCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood
    Posts
    3,862
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    all the stats you highlighted are all stats Marbury could do better and has done better at them throughout his career...he has the stats that Marbury will smoke him in...Marbury would be averaging 20 points right now if he was playing

  14. #59
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    county of the kings
    Posts
    1,120
    Rep Power
    9

    Nyk Logo

    Originally Posted by DaTPRiNCE
    all the stats you highlighted are all stats Marbury could do better and has done better at them throughout his career...he has the stats that Marbury will smoke him in...Marbury would be averaging 20 points right now if he was playing

    "if" marbury was playin right now. but he aint ..... and aint gonna, i think marbury should at least be in the rotation, but it aint happening.

    but u have to admit nmarbury would be turning the ball over more and have less rebounds but way more points.

  15. #60
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    Yea tuner maggot...for now take notes. You got me...metro...and abcd, if you carefully read our posts maybe someday there can be 4 elite posters on this site. Until then go back to school, take an english course, and learn how to write maggot
    I think I know the english language. I got a 100 on the NYS English Regents in highschool. Thats the hardest regents to ace. Or maybe the fact that I have 2 completed english course at Syracuse University.

    Before you run your mouth about ****, might wanna actually know **** instead of making bold assumptions...

    But then again...You just prove how you all claim victory and dominace but never ever support your arguments with facts...

Similar Threads

  1. D'antoni Accepts Offer to Coach Knicks
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: Jan 26, 2012, 16:27
  2. Replies: 29
    Last Post: May 17, 2011, 10:40
  3. Marbury Is The Real Clown
    By Toons in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Oct 03, 2008, 07:11
  4. Marbury speaks out
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: Jun 28, 2008, 11:14
  5. Stephon Marbury Banned From MSG!!!!
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: Mar 24, 2008, 18:28

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •