Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 86

Thread: D'Antoni Benched Marbury because...

  1. #61
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by moneyg
    curry just needs to get in shape and stop being lazy. if he lost like 25-30 pounds and combined a pump fake move with his curent post moves hed be a beast. i dont quite get curry. he has a chance to opt out of his contract at the end of this season ( which we all hopes he does) and could of gotten a new long term contract if he just was in shape from another team.

    no disrepect abcd, but if ur gonna post duhons stats, u should include his steals, apg, rbounds, 3ptsfg and turnovrs.

    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=742 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=2></TD><TD class=gSGSectionTitleStatsGrid width=738>SEASON AVERAGES




    </TD><TD width=2></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class="playerStatTable careerAvg" borderColor=#cccccc cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=1><!-- begin preseason if --><TBODY><TR class=title><TD class=year>Season</TD><TD class=team>Team</TD><TD>G</TD><TD>GS</TD><TD>MPG</TD><TD>FG&#37;</TD><TD>3p%</TD><TD>FT%</TD><TD>OFF</TD><TD>DEF</TD><TD>RPG</TD><TD>APG</TD><TD>SPG</TD><TD>BPG</TD><TD>TO</TD><TD>PF</TD><TD>PPG</TD></TR><TR class=odd><TD class=yr>08-09</TD><TD class=tm>NYK</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>36.6</TD><TD>0.379</TD><TD>0.412</TD><TD>0.667</TD><TD>1.0</TD><TD>3.4</TD><TD>4.4</TD><TD>6.2</TD><TD>1.0</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>1.20</TD><TD>2.00</TD><TD>6.6</TD></TR><TR class=career><TD class=col_1>Career</TD><TD class=col_2></TD><TD>305</TD><TD>164</TD><TD>25.9</TD><TD>0.387</TD><TD>0.357</TD><TD>0.783</TD><TD>0.3</TD><TD>2.1</TD><TD>2.4</TD><TD>4.5</TD><TD>0.9</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>1.37</TD><TD>2.00</TD><TD>6.9</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!--end career stats--><!--last 3 games-->
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=742 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=2></TD><TD class=gSGSectionTitleStatsGrid width=738>




    </TD><TD width=2></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    It won't fit. I'm only allowed to put 100 characters, and I'm not going to get rid of my Zach Randolph signature for the sake of writing out all of Duhon's stats. Plus, Duhon sucks. Those numbers are inflated from his game against Washington. The season just started. His numbers will go down. I didn't know you loved Chris Duhon. Maybe you should put his stats on your signature.

  2. #62
    The Knicks are Back DaTPRiNCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood
    Posts
    3,862
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by moneyg
    "if" marbury was playin right now. but he aint ..... and aint gonna, i think marbury should at least be in the rotation, but it aint happening.

    but u have to admit nmarbury would be turning the ball over more and have less rebounds but way more points.
    maybe be he will maybe he wont have more turnovers we dont know Marbury gets turnovers cause he always had the ball in his hands and Duhon comes off the bench and as abcd said his numbers are inflated because of his game vs the Wizards i wanna see you guys support him when is numbers are horrible and he turns the ball over left and right its gonna happen...Marbury should still start always will be better than Dihorn and ima stick by it

  3. #63
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by moneyg
    curry just needs to get in shape and stop being lazy. if he lost like 25-30 pounds and combined a pump fake move with his curent post moves hed be a beast. i dont quite get curry. he has a chance to opt out of his contract at the end of this season ( which we all hopes he does) and could of gotten a new long term contract if he just was in shape from another team.

    no disrepect abcd, but if ur gonna post duhons stats, u should include his steals, apg, rbounds, 3ptsfg and turnovrs.

    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=742 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=2></TD><TD class=gSGSectionTitleStatsGrid width=738>SEASON AVERAGES

    </TD><TD width=2></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class="playerStatTable careerAvg" borderColor=#cccccc cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=1><!-- begin preseason if --><TBODY><TR class=title><TD class=year>Season</TD><TD class=team>Team</TD><TD>G</TD><TD>GS</TD><TD>MPG</TD><TD>FG%</TD><TD>3p%</TD><TD>FT%</TD><TD>OFF</TD><TD>DEF</TD><TD>RPG</TD><TD>APG</TD><TD>SPG</TD><TD>BPG</TD><TD>TO</TD><TD>PF</TD><TD>PPG</TD></TR><TR class=odd><TD class=yr>08-09</TD><TD class=tm>NYK</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>36.6</TD><TD>0.379</TD><TD>0.412</TD><TD>0.667</TD><TD>1.0</TD><TD>3.4</TD><TD>4.4</TD><TD>6.2</TD><TD>1.0</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>1.20</TD><TD>2.00</TD><TD>6.6</TD></TR><TR class=career><TD class=col_1>Career</TD><TD class=col_2></TD><TD>305</TD><TD>164</TD><TD>25.9</TD><TD>0.387</TD><TD>0.357</TD><TD>0.783</TD><TD>0.3</TD><TD>2.1</TD><TD>2.4</TD><TD>4.5</TD><TD>0.9</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>1.37</TD><TD>2.00</TD><TD>6.9</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!--end career stats--><!--last 3 games-->
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=742 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=2></TD><TD class=gSGSectionTitleStatsGrid width=738>

    </TD><TD width=2></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Are you tryin to say (besides his turnovers) that his other stats are good? 1 steal a game aint really anything that great...theres 61 players that are averaging more steals then him. His free throw shooting is terrible, and its nice to have a point guard who can score 20 points when he has to.

    Originally Posted by DaTPRiNCE
    all the stats you highlighted are all stats Marbury could do better and has done better at them throughout his career...he has the stats that Marbury will smoke him in...Marbury would be averaging 20 points right now if he was playing
    co-sign

    Originally Posted by moneyg
    "if" marbury was playin right now. but he aint ..... and aint gonna, i think marbury should at least be in the rotation, but it aint happening.

    but u have to admit nmarbury would be turning the ball over more and have less rebounds but way more points.
    More points, assists, better defense, a better fg%, and a better ft%

    Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    I think I know the english language. I got a 100 on the NYS English Regents in highschool. Thats the hardest regents to ace. Or maybe the fact that I have 2 completed english course at Syracuse University.

    Before you run your mouth about ****, might wanna actually know **** instead of making bold assumptions...

    But then again...You just prove how you all claim victory and dominace but never ever support your arguments with facts...
    You know i cant take your post seriously because of your last sentence...

    congratulations, sounds like your really smart. But book smarts and your basketball iq are two completely different things.

  4. #64
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Exactly. Marbury is capable of averaging bewteen 15-18 points per game on 43&#37; shooting and 5-7 assists. Chris Duhon could never do that.

  5. #65
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    Maybe you should use the dictionary.

    Saying Marbury is better than someone is an opinon. Quoting ppg and comparing them is support to you opinion, but does not make it so.

    Some is entitled to think that a guy that average 3ppg, 2apg is better than marbury at 20 and 8. It is not fact that marbury is better, it is opinion. You see, there is this thing called reasoning that allows people to make decisions and judements. Thus that person that thinks guy 1 making 3ppg is better because of let say, his defense and his passing ability. Maybe the fact that he isn't the scorer in his system or that he is alienated offensively by the other players. Whatever he wants to say. Its all his opinon and his view. That is opinon. You have NEVER proved ****. Only thing you've ever proved were stats of ppl during a season. You cannot prove someone is a better player, so when you attack someone for their opinon and present your 'facts', you're wrong.

    You sure talk about you statistical evidence proving your agrument, but I haven't seen it...

    But then again, thats what you 'Starburians" are...A lot of talk
    Saying Marbury is better than Duhon is an opinion? Your basketball IQ is very low.

    19.7 Points, 43.4&#37; career fg, 7.8 assists, 2x All Star, 1 Bronze Medal, 4 playoff appearances >>>>>>>

    6 points, 38.7% fg, 4 assists, 3 playoff appearances, 0 All Star Appearances, 0 medals

    Just face it, Tuneraddict. You can't win. It's not the end of the world. You just have to accept your defeat, that's all.

    P.S.-The English Regents is easy. I wanna know what you got on your SAT's. We all know your basketball IQ score is 0.

    You go to Syracuse? Is your goal to be the next Mardy Collins?
    Last edited by abcd; Nov 08, 2008 at 20:27.

  6. #66
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Why do I get the feeling Mebury lovers want Duhon to fail? I really wonder if you guys are Knick fans sometimes.

  7. #67
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    Saying Marbury is better than Duhon is an opinion? Your basketball IQ is very low.

    19.7 Points, 43.4% career fg, 7.8 assists, 2x All Star, 1 Bronze Medal, 4 playoff appearances >>>>>>>

    6 points, 38.7% fg, 4 assists, 3 playoff appearances, 0 All Star Appearances, 0 medals

    Just face it, Tuneraddict. You can't win. It's not the end of the world. You just have to accept your defeat, that's all.

    P.S.-The English Regents is easy. I wanna know what you got on your SAT's. We all know your basketball IQ score is 0.

    You go to Syracuse? Is your goal to be the next Mardy Collins?


    lol @ tuner wantin to be the next mardy collins

    thats what tuner is to this site...hes the mardy collins.

    me, abcd, and metro=kobe, lebron, and chris paul

  8. #68
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Why do I get the feeling Mebury lovers want Duhon to fail? I really wonder if you guys are Knick fans sometimes.
    I'm a Knick fan, but I don't like a$$hole coaches that use favoritism, when deciding who they want to start. Chris Duhon is trash. He doesn't deserve to start. Quentin Richardson is trash. He doesn't deserve to start either. I support Stephon Marbury, Zach Randolph, Wilson Chandler, Jamal Crawford, David Lee, and Nate Robinson. I could care less about any of the other players on the Knicks, especially Duhon, Richardson, and Curry. Yes, I want Duhon to fail, because he's an *******. Why is he an *******s? Because he knows he sucks, yet he refuses to take a backseat for Marbury and Nate Robinson. What D'Antoni and Duhon are doing is not cool, and it's going to result in the Knicks finishing with a losing record. How do I know? Duhon and Richardson continue to score 5 points per game, and Most starting point guards and small forwards average at least 10 a game.

  9. #69
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    Saying Marbury is better than Duhon is an opinion? Your basketball IQ is very low.

    19.7 Points, 43.4% career fg, 7.8 assists, 2x All Star, 1 Bronze Medal, 4 playoff appearances >>>>>>>

    6 points, 38.7% fg, 4 assists, 3 playoff appearances, 0 All Star Appearances, 0 medals

    Just face it, Tuneraddict. You can't win. It's not the end of the world. You just have to accept your defeat, that's all.

    P.S.-The English Regents is easy. I wanna know what you got on your SAT's. We all know your basketball IQ score is 0.

    You go to Syracuse? Is your goal to be the next Mardy Collins?
    That is exactly my point. Better is an opinion. Marbury could average 50 abd 30 have 12 rings and 3 golds and anyone can argue that whoever they chose is better.

    Better is an opinon. Fact is some hard, something concrete. When you give stats, that is fact. When you say someone is better, that is opinion. Its basic.

    A New York state diploma is one of the most respected highschool diplomas because of the regents. A Regents diploma will get you more pull than one from any other state.

    SAT wise I had a 1890 after not sleeping or eating for a week due to an allergic reaction to medicine I was taking.

    Not to mention my 96 GPA throughout highschool and the fact that I earned a colege semester worth of college credit in highschool. I held that GPA while taking multiple college courses. Not to mention that I don't believe in studying as its an unrealtistic thing as you cannot study in the real world, you boss doesn't tell you that you'll be facing such and such a pronlem tomorrow so study what to do.

    You can argue all you want about how amazing your man crush is, but in the end, the only facts you have are statistical numbers. The fact that he is BETTER is an opinion, and can never be fact.

    You lose.

  10. #70
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33


    lol @ tuner wantin to be the next mardy collins

    thats what tuner is to this site...hes the mardy collins.

    me, abcd, and metro=kobe, lebron, and chris paul

    You sure are arrogant for someone the majority of this site finds to be a joke...

  11. #71
    The Knicks are Back DaTPRiNCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood
    Posts
    3,862
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Duhon can never be mentioned in the same breath as Marbury when it comes to performance on the court. Duhon will never be an allstar.whoever is defending D'Antoni's decision of benching Marbury in favor of Duhon and Collins is wrong plain and simple...who you think will give us a better chance at winning

  12. #72
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    I'm a Knick fan, but I don't like a$$hole coaches that use favoritism, when deciding who they want to start. Chris Duhon is trash. He doesn't deserve to start. Quentin Richardson is trash. He doesn't deserve to start either. I support Stephon Marbury, Zach Randolph, Wilson Chandler, Jamal Crawford, David Lee, and Nate Robinson. I could care less about any of the other players on the Knicks, especially Duhon, Richardson, and Curry. Yes, I want Duhon to fail, because he's an *******. Why is he an *******s? Because he knows he sucks, yet he refuses to take a backseat for Marbury and Nate Robinson. What D'Antoni and Duhon are doing is not cool, and it's going to result in the Knicks finishing with a losing record. How do I know? Duhon and Richardson continue to score 5 points per game, and Most starting point guards and small forwards average at least 10 a game.
    You're not a Knick fan if you are rooting for the Knick coach, starting PG and starting SF to fail because of your favorite player. You're a Mebury fan over a Knick fan. If we're winning games and heading in the right direction I don't care who starts or plays. It seems you would rather have the Knicks lose with Mebury playing and scoring 35 points than have the Knicks win.

  13. #73
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    It seems

    No, that is EXACTLY what it is.

  14. #74
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    You're not a Knick fan if you are rooting for the Knick coach, starting PG and starting SF to fail because of your favorite player. You're a Mebury fan over a Knick fan. If we're winning games and heading in the right direction I don't care who starts or plays. It seems you would rather have the Knicks lose with Mebury playing and scoring 35 points than have the Knicks win.
    LJ4PTPlay, you are such a hypocrite. You've said several times in the past that you want Marbury gone from the team. Does that mean you're not a Knick fan? Please think before you post.

    Also, I never said I'd rather have Marbury score 35 points and have the team lose than win.

    You just happened to be very biased, so you feel that the Knicks only lost because of Marbury, and not because the team had a horrible coach and GM(Isiah Thomas) with horrible players(Eddy Curry, Quentin Richardson, Jerome James, Malik Rose, Jared Jeffries, Mardy Collins). I feel that Marbury can do well in this system and help the team win. I don't feel Duhon can.

    I really question your basketball IQ, because a 3-2 start to the season does not mean a team is going to start playing well and finish with a good record. There's 82 games in a season, not 20, not 10, 82.

    The Knicks were 2-1 last year. What did they finish with? 23 wins

    So please think before you post stupid comments such as the last one you just posted.

    PS- I'm not a Marbury fan over a Knick fan. It's about equal.
    Last edited by abcd; Nov 09, 2008 at 10:05.

  15. #75
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    No, that is EXACTLY what it is.
    You're right. I do want Duhon to fail. I like the Knicks, but I don't like some of the players. Duhon is one of those players.

Similar Threads

  1. D'antoni Accepts Offer to Coach Knicks
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: Jan 26, 2012, 16:27
  2. Replies: 29
    Last Post: May 17, 2011, 10:40
  3. Marbury Is The Real Clown
    By Toons in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Oct 03, 2008, 07:11
  4. Marbury speaks out
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: Jun 28, 2008, 11:14
  5. Stephon Marbury Banned From MSG!!!!
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: Mar 24, 2008, 18:28

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •